What are some straight up HEAVY METAL powers I can give some warlock, that are not just MOAR GUNZ or similar?

What are some straight up HEAVY METAL powers I can give some warlock, that are not just MOAR GUNZ or similar?

the ability to throw screaming skulls of fire that seeks out enemies.

a sonic scream to break glass and shatter eardrums.

cover himself in chromed metal skin, with exhaust pipes spitting fire, sticking out of his back. become a living monument to Ormagöden.

a bitching harley with fire wheels ala ghostrider, in place of a summon mount spell.

the ability to call down lightning. not control it mind you, just call it down in a general area and essentially hope for the best.

stomp the ground to create earthquakes.

Banishing your victim to Hell, to be raped to death by demons. Or better yet, opening a portal behind him and physically kicking him into it.

A beam that lets him pull a fist sized chunk out of someones body, usually an organ, without damaging the surrounding tissue.

>Banishing your victim to Hell

That was an incredibly fun daily in 4e.

The power to cause things to explode by scowling at them

It's not on fire, but Death Knights DO in fact shoot out screaming skulls. They're pretty goddamn metal.

Evil alternate versions of himself.

Have him turn peoples penises into macaroni products with the nfl theme playing afterward

Techno vampire, they will never suspect it.

Isn't this still the "capstone" type ability of the Fiend Warlocks in 5e?

Warlock is such a shitty class concept. I hate these tryhard hybrids, it’s just a wizard who focuses on demonic spells. Same with monk oh wow a warrior who likes to punch and kick let’s make a whole new class so the dbz crowd has something to wack off too

Funny, I think wizards would be the one of the first classes I'd like to remove if I was making a setting. I find warlocks and sorcerers much more interesting.

That's because by narrowing the scope, you have more theme. Wizards are so broad as to be meaningless.

This is true, but also not too sure how much I like the idea of "if you study enough you can cast spells" without any real downsides, like sanity loss or constitution loss or something.

Conjure up the hand/arm of a HUGE demon through a smaller portal to grab and hold enemies down, maybe even just crush them in its grip.

> a bitching harley with fire wheels ala ghostrider, in place of a summon mount spell.
A fire-maned robot unicorn works well too.

Take a level in bard, make his guitar double as his spellcasting tool and his weapon.

Your lack of imagination is not a reason to remove a core class, that is: someone devoted to the study of magic

Except the magic itself is pretty boring and so the class is boring.

The 6th level ability for the 5e hexblade warlock is pretty badass: curses the soul of a humanoid you've killed to remain as a specter by your side for some time.

>magic itself is pretty boring
What a sad world you live in

*the* magic itself is pretty boring, meaning D&D magic. Since we're talking about wizards, warlocks and sorcerers, I assumed that is what we were talking about, as it is the only game I know that has such distinctions.

Magic in most other systems isn't boring, as a concept it isn't boring. In all but 4e D&D it is pretty crap, thematically and mechanically.

I play a "wizard" in a GURPS Banestorm game, and it is interesting, as I pay a pretty substantial price for the magic and it has interesting limitations.

Fair point and I agree with you. The attempts to make magic cost something with the verbal, somatic, material components is totally ineffective. I’m looking into alternative systems to put some more meat on the bone beyond “I cast spell”

Give him levels in Bard and have the constant sound of Faint Doom Metal follow him everywhere
Melt your enemy's faces with sick lute solos

Back in 4E our warlock liked to release a swarm of carnivorous metallic locusts to munch on his enemies. And turn into a cloud of them to "teleport" around the battlefield

4e warlock power list was fantastic.

You can make pretty much anything "metal" with appropriate fluff.

>omg you're having fun WRONG more options are BAD
lol kid
tho desu I'd take better unarmed options for fighters over a separate class like monk but they structured d&d to be based around pretty specific classes
If you really want to be reductionist you can fit wizards and clerics and other magic-users under "magic guy", all martials under "fighting guy" and have an extra for "skilled guy" or just have that as a subtype of the others

>a core class, that is: someone devoted to the study of magic
which could just as easily be sorcerers or any mage, it's just another case of d&d turning a bunch of names for the same shit into different things to fill pages
You're just trying to justify your personal preference as the best and are possibly suffering from d&d-induced retardation

What did this samefag mean by this?
>Magic is boring except when all it does is damage dice in 4e, now THAT's interesting.

I'm stupider for having read this.