How far could your current party make it through the Megastructure from BLAME! starting from Earth?

How far could your current party make it through the Megastructure from BLAME! starting from Earth?

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Blam!
mangakakalot.com/chapter/blame/chapter_1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

idk
hows public transportation looking?

I would love to try. Blame! isn’t all that good but that guy always has really engaging world building.

Same for Sidonia with the absurd genetic engineering for survival and creepy prothetics designed for function and gross monster aliens.

Veeky Forums made an RPG of it once:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Blam!

no idea what is this Blame thing but I would say all the way

Essentially when Skynet went full evil for the good of mankind, instead of merely killing humans they also eternally built onto the megacity until it reached the point it is at now where the megacity has encapsulated the entire solar system.

The manga essentially is a series of vignettes around this concept centered around a the western trope of a man with no name, except he his pistol is comically strong and punches holes through the comically large and powerful robots.

It's a pretty amazing megastructure manga, really worth reading:

mangakakalot.com/chapter/blame/chapter_1

Larger image

The Netflix ova isn’t terrible either for a quicker primer.

They probably starve to death without finding anything

it's not handicap accessible, all stairs you see

There are some month long elevator rides too

It was very meh. It didn't have that feeling of loneliness, isolation and zero dialogue that the manga did.

Was Abara any good?

>9.6 billion km/2 - 1 AU = 4.65*10^9 km
>average walking speed is 5 kph
>930 million hours of non-stop walking
>106,164 years, 4 months, 18 days, and 8 hours of only walking to reach the edge from Earth
Not that far, at least.

Years*. That one he woke up in took over a few years and that was using a suboptimal route to another floor.
There's also times confirmed by the manga and the art book where he walks or climbs for YEARS non-stop. Crossing the jupiter room non-stop is one of them.

To be fair he found shortcuts and hitched rides from various entities.

Their distant descendants may make it half way.

He probably made his own shortcuts too considering he has a blackhole gun.

>Have teleport(s) and constant flight at will
>Can hide from the AI effortlessly
>Lives thousands of years
>No longer needs to eat, doesn't need sleep
Pretty far solo.
Party would probably drag me down a bit.
If I got caught I'd probably be a little fucked, though.

We get on an elevator and die of old age before it arrives at the next level.

Lost, presumably eaten by the local life.

That math is assuming they are walking on a straight line

Well "find" is a catchall for all the ways he found. Not limited to but including dimensional travel, flying, elevators, stairs, teleportation, and falling "up".

How far can you teleport? Those indestructible megastructure plates separating levels can be several miles thick.
Nonsense. You'd starve first.

Portable hole fixes that (right? i think it's just step in one end of hole, instantly come out other side?)
but teleport is within visible range limited usage per time, 500 ft for at will.

Portable hole only makes a hole 10ft deep.

Ah, shame.
I'm sure I've got something or other that would help, but that makes it significantly less far, the second I hit a plate that doesn't have an open way through, it's time for detour(s)

No plate has an opening unless you physically make one by having a gun that shoots a blackhole condensed into a beam or somehow get lucky and find the one working elevator that will take you to the other side in a non-stop one-way trip that takes several years to complete and the ferryman may turn into an unstoppable self-ressurecting juggernaut along the way.

Also there are no detours. Each floor is made of cities which can range in size and dimensions but usually enough for at least several million if not a billion humans, assuming humans exist on that floor at all, and these cities are contained inside this megastructure materials on all sides, floors, and roof.

Well, the asshole mage is all prepped for lichdom. So, pretty far I guess.
We all like exploring, the rest of the party might follow him down the undead road just to have enough time to see.

>Literal reality busting Armored Wizard
>Divine-tier Summoner who went full Light Elemental
>Kitsune (male) living Railcannon
>Ashura Kami infused She-Viking and general Living War Crime
>Assorted familiars, dragons, soldiers, and demigod-tier offspring,all of which can cause their home settings most hardened badasses to shit entire castles.
We're good.

Thank you Veeky Forums

You have once again given me something I didn't know I wanted. This joins CoC, CoC, FFG 40k and numerous plot ideas that I'm grateful for.

Can they escape a dimension that's highly unstable as it's really just a pseudo-amalgamation of all dimensional nexus' shunted together and is not only falling apart but constantly reforming and deleting parts of itself?
Because there's a chance that's one of the floors.

They tear the thing down in a week.

Where would they live then?

Tear down a structure bigger than the supergiant star Betelgeuse and that masses almost as much as a small galaxy?
Are you playing Nobilis or what?

Their normal home.

a hexcrawl taking place in some huge abandoned structure floating in space would be nice. Does anything like this exist?

The Wizard can create his own dimension, and make gates to other dimensions.
He's damn-near Pre-mending planeswalker-tier powerful, when he feels like it.
He still sweats around Nemesis users, though, because those fuckers are shutdown masters.

... So he knows demiplane and Gate?

Is their normal home outside the cities sphere of influence?
Team up with the nemesis user you'll need him to shut down the dimensional forge otherwise you'll just make a gate into another pseudo-reality.
Honestly this settings fucked though as all these obstacles can be bypassed with the right gun and an immortal demi-human body.

YES

it's messy and rough art, but good. The flow of action is awful though, hard to keep track of.

It's as good as anything he wrote from what I read. The art and the setting are better than the plot.

the biosuit/symbiote things from Abare inspired my biggest fetish and most successful profile on f-list so yes

More like he knows Between Dreams and Reality, Create(at Arcane level), Gate, and was recently promoted to Disgaea Gatekeeper status in order to stabilize their reality.
He himself actually uses Nemesis, but his Ki Accumulations aren't good enough for the big ticket shutdowns. However, he is all-but immortal, as is the Summoner due to being in possession of Longinus and using it to kill three Godzillasapiens and Space Senator Armstrong, while the She-Viking is borderline Asura's Wrath. The Certain Magical Railgun Kitsune puts rather large holes through things with an indestructible Heavy Ballista Quarrel, but is not as durable as the others, instead relying on his absurdly frequent, absurdly high open rolls to keep himself alive.

Adding to this, the tech level of Blame! is kind of weird. The Megastructure makes no sense unless you bring esoteric physics into it, there are suggestions that not only is the entire solar system broken down into material for the Megastructure, but that wasn't enough, so the crazy AI started harvesting material from other universes to continue the ever expanding city.

They seem to have at least rudimentary gravity control (the MCs only weapon is called the "Graviton Beam Emitter" but there are other things going on to suggest gravity is at least partially controllable), the ability to assemble things from raw material, and some other neat toys. Unfortunately humanity doesn't have access to any of that. 90% of the remnants of humanity aren't quite human, and so they don't have the genes giving them access and control over the city, hence the crazy building spree and shit trying to kill them all the time.

Lastly Blame! features some pretty extreme biotech. For one, our MC is likely in the thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of years old. Many little notes feature numbers like "15620211560 seconds later" which tends to translate into several years at minimum, often that comes up just from crossing some space, or riding an elevator. The MC can survive that time without eating, drinking or sleeping. And his weapon seems at least partially powered by him.

You have a chance so long as they don't start chucking level 9 safeguards at you.

Well I also haven't included the assorted pets, familiars, and hangers on that follow that party, at least two of which are notorious for murderous mayhem.

Or the fact that one of the Wizard's gates leads to Gensokyo, and he himself is on good terms with the power players there.
Except Eirin, because she's the canon worst person, and she tried to experiment on his daughters.

What kind of Anima game is this?

Lvl.9 safeguards are essentially equivalent to angels/gods of destruction. Assuming you don't Cibo one before they get it off it's mentioned in one of the art books that they can unleash attacks that would sheer through planet thick layers of megastructure and they can just make as many as needed so long as the volume of materials exist to keep making 20ft humanoid beings.
You'd have to have a mission of greater benefit than the risk you pose to the city to avoid that.

>get grafted
>settle down with best girl
I'm already home.

>best girl
>not Cibo
Your girl is literally a fake pile of silicon.
HATE
SILICON LIFE

One that reached level fucking 17.
And culminated in defeating Lucifer to draw out Imperium, and ended with the party pushing Baranbus' shit in and working with the Beryls, Shajads, Yukari, and the Dark Assembly to stabilize reality after Eljared's destruction of the Auspice fucked things up.

The (Warrior) Summoner wound up Gnosis 40 courtesy of Longinus absorbing the Gnosis of Several Jurgand Agents, Baal the Gate of Memories, Barnabus himself, Godzillasapien supersoldiers created by Barnabus, and all of the other Pillars of Souls.
The Wizard - actually a Warlock, because sweet sweet armor - had Gnosis 40(reality)/45(wake/vigil) because full Erebus Synchronization, full Arcana Sephira, and full mastery of five Magic Paths (Creation, Earth, Essence, Water, and Light)
She-viking is also 40, because she became half-Ashura Oni, and fought enough high supernatural beings to grow in gnosis to Ashura Kami level.
The Kitsune is Gnosis 25(and five levels below everyone else), but that's because the She-Viking killed him and his corpse got obliterated by an Imperium megacannon shell, so the Warlock magic'd up a new body for him with Create Being.

So those things can fight us on our level. The She-Viking would be feeling rather moist at that prospect...

>>Cibo
>>best girl
Okay, but which one?

>tfw you get grafted by the oldest person in existence only to be sent to the neo-future where you find, bang, and impregnate your true waifu and princess of an entire nation and last of her line
>tfw you end up getting sent back to the neo-past to create that very same nation and become their king who predicts his own arrival to keep causality a thing
>tfw you realize you banged and waifued your grand kid
A love story as old as NuTime.

>Is their normal home outside the cities sphere of influence?
Yes.

Assuming you can fight forever against an ever increasing wave of those things without dying or being used as their creation material by the towers than just about from the sounds of it.
Considering the casual loops the dimensional forge created and the fact she possessed her own corpse that seems like an irrelevant question considering all Cibo existence branches invertedly towards lvl.9 Cibo.

Assuming it's not in the cities footprint in any dimension that would be a fairly sound plan.

>Assuming you can fight forever against an ever increasing wave of these things-
Yes, the Warlock just needs to be protected for twelve seconds in the beginning of the fight and he can create a permanent zone where he can set five existential rules, including "[party members] cannot ever be destroyed, killed, etc." and "beings of [Blame!]'s reality cannot enter" or something of the sort.

>Warlock just needs to be protected for twelve seconds in the beginning of the fight
Once they know of you, you'll be lucky to have one. Power of these things is absurd.

How resistant are they to magical effects? Because the wizard does have Freeze Time, so they'd need a Magical Resistance roll against stupidly, obscenely high to act in the frozen time.

>Arguing with a power wanking player about him vs a setting

Just stop.

Depends they fight against stuff that warps reality as they have similar capabilities and as authority entities what is a second to us can be stretched out in their virtual environment to years for reaction times and decision making. What's the range on freeze time?

I would note that it is likely that they have basically complete mastery over gravity, not merely rudimentary control. The gravity furnace and the various bullshit high level safeguard can pull being the biggest indicator.

My high level elf wizard might be able to get pretty far, but more likely he would just decide that "actually fuck that" and fuck off to a private demi-plane somewhere and hope that some asshole builders don't warp in and start scrapping his reality for parts.

Uh, double checking... Literally all of reality.
And they need to be Gnosis (see pic) 35+ to even be able to attempt the save.