How long could your most recent party and their setting last against an attack from the Heartless?

How long could your most recent party and their setting last against an attack from the Heartless?

Greg, for the last Fucking time, No, I will NOT allow you to play a Keyblade wielder no matter how many weird homebrews you manage to find.
I mean, Fucking hell, the last one you brought me was essentially a Dex-based Paladin! That's degenerate enough without bringing Keyblades into the mix.

Indefinitely. Wizard would just overwrite each area with his own laws of reality until they find each keyhole, and let the other three go on offense. If the heartless start gunning for his daughters, though, he will. Rip. Their. Shit.
Reality nukes are a thing he's capable of, and his daughters getting hurt are one of the few things that'd make him bring them out.

They all have magic and the ability to augment their weapons with magic, so base level they coul at least fend off all the mindless heartless.

One of them is even blessed by "the light" (which is arguably different in that setting than KH's light so 50/50 on this) so they might be able to purge heartless and return their hearts to kindgom hearts or w/e.

We invade them.

>Heartless
>Hearts without bodies

>Nobodies
>Bodies without hearts
???????????

>Reality nukes are a thing he's capable of, and his daughters getting hurt are one of the few things that'd make him bring them out.
I don't think Reality Nukes will do much to the Heartless. In fact, given the general goal of the Heartless, that might actually help them out.

If you smushed a heartless and nobody together, would they turn into a normal(ish) person?

afaik you can do that but they have to synch up, doesn't have to be the original but close enough to. The hard part is that all heartless exteriors mean nothing relating to the interior unless it's a "strong heart" which is anime bullshitspeak for "main character"

You could do that, but the main problems arise from the fact that the Heart at the core of said Heartless and the Nobody you choose to push together have to be 'compatible', for lack of a better term. Otherwise you'll just end up with some truly horrific shit as the result of oyur labours.

We actually have a magical sword that specifically banishes things that do not belong in the setting. So, we're good.

You can't they don't a world.

Do you have more than one? Because the heartless are a never-ending swarm.

Well technically, they do, but trying to "invade" the Realm Of Dakrness would be like trying to invade the Not from Nobilis. In short; Very Bad Things happen to you and all those involved.

Aren't Heartless unkillable unless you have a Keyblade?

Just the one, but we kind of do the whole never ending swarm thing too anyways. Would probably be easier.

What else do these little faggots do? We've also got a time wizard, a necromancer/cleric demigod, and a ten story tall fire dragon who is immune to hubris.

13th age, motherfuckers.

your better equipped than others, but they act a bit like ghosts, possessing objects and such. there could be some nasty stuff they can do if you don't catch the infection in time
Their plenty killable but their physical forms reform over time unless you jab them with a keyblade or near equivalent

>gay weeb shit

would wipe the floor with them in no time

Might be interesting. In our setting we do the whole "magic items have souls in them" thing, not sure how it would interact. A lot of japanese or JP related fiction has very narrow fields that magic can conver, but does it very vaguely, as apposed to a lot of traditional fantasy RPG style settings where magic is a swiss army knife encompassing lots of shit, but with relatively strict rules of use and capability.

How and why?

They'll probably be ok.

Fiction's power is based on the creativity of those who appreciate it, and KH's creative pool extends to "your girlfriend in highschool who wrote fanfiction" and "Disneyfags," a notoriously uninspired bunch.

I don't know what they do, but they look pretty faggy. The sorcerer would probably burn them all to death before anyone else touches them.

You mean the power to control reality that fine if you're just gonna complain about kingdom hearts fan and not add anything Than get out.

>wizards = gods :DDDD

That eats of entire worlds without the one weapon that can kill them for good. A sorcerer would just be food for them.

that's stupid and you're stupid for liking it

Whiner. Are you mad because your magic-user would lose to them?

No, because as put it, the entire concept is trash

Most fans are trash, It doesn't mean the ideal is trash. So if you are not going helpful then please leave.

go back to deviantart

In one, we're already kind of hunting and killing that kind of thing, complete with magic weapons and the ability to detect incursion points. There's only so many of us, but that's regional. If we abandoned all subtlety, we might actually get our areas locked out. One of us is even built to invade, though that's probably a horrible idea that won't work out well for anybody.

O grand arbiter of good taste, what is allowed to be liked on this image board for Japanese cartoons?

I never left. But really are you gonna just troll are you gonna contribute.

The heartless aren't subtle at all.

You kidding? Aqua is fucking around looking for cat eared headbands. Donald and Goofy fight in there no key blades bo problem. It's Candyland.

Depends if Xehanort or any of his multitude of versions is personally leading the invasion. Things might be salvageable it it's just the Heartless, but Xehanort is such a bag of bullshit that it's hard to really counter.

You can kill them they'll just come back without the keyblade.

You should notice that OP doesn't say "would they win?" But "how long until you die?". On your specific case, you have a weapon that can banish them permanent, and thus have a chance at staving off the incursion permanently, but not stop them from coming back again and again. Most parties and settings have no such weapons, so it's basically how long could they go on before they exhaust?
I won't ask how "sword that banishes things not from this setting" makes any sense.

So what, unless supports are opening up extra gates, they're basically just some persistent ghosts that need active time to find the key that opens the world to Darksides to eat planets. They specifically need nobodys or Ansem to open gates. Who here hasn't ran around stopping assholes from opening gates infinite demons will pour out of? Show of hands?

Plenty of settings already have ghosts... Which Iron Liches eat. Biggest problem probably might be that since heartless are an endless horde, meaning Cryx now has endless souls to eat. Heartless are literally candy from Candyland.

Maybe they'll finally chill out some.

Dark eldar would eat (and rape) them too; they're pretty much negative energy and emotion compressed into tasty slow-moving morsels.

Has that even been a thing beyond the first game?
Keyboards have basicly become lightsabers and the entire series is just a long strong of Xehanort getting his ass kicked and pretending it was all part of his plan.

Yes, I like the series, not the fanbase. And the isn't just a lightsaber it's pretty much the green lantern ring.

>one of the party members gains powers specifically by consuming souls
We're probably the one thing the Heartless don't want to run into. I'd be more worried about aforementioned part member becoming too powerful and breaking something.

Assuming that Xehanort, Maleficent, or any of the usual KH villains comes with the invasion would it be possible for some of the local BBEG to take command of them, or a portion of them at any rate? From what I recall while Heartless are usually directionless a person with a strong enough will and that is evil can boss them around.

Never played kingdom hearts... But if these things somehow wound up in Harmonde and started swarming, they would eventually encounter Demons and servants of the mask, gaining so much darkness and/or perfidy that they become pawns for the Shadow and the Master of Drama.

That or my PC's would use Shard to make some magic item that can kill and/or seal them away.

Killing things in the Agone system is usually fairly trivial for PC's unless it's a Wonder, Demon or a Masquard.

The heartless don't need people to open doors for them they do it on there own if they find a world.

Also if they were ghosts they would be as hard to kill they darkness given form by stealing the heart, not the soul.

The picture I just posted is dark hide one of the final bosses in the series, it is not unique there is an entire realm full of them in kingdom hearts. if anything putting the heartless up to the Dark Eldar would end up in favor to the heartless because are not flesh and blood They're the mindless personification of darkness in the heart. They do not fear they consume. They're Tyranids on a universal scale and you are underestimating them just because they're in Disney game.

13th age works with phrases and some leniency in this way. The sword banishes things that do not belong- that is what it says on the tin, and it is interpreted as exactly that.

For example, in that game, every PC has one unique thing, typically a phrase or sentence that defines them, and only them, therefore defining the setting by exclusion. Likewise, Ritual spellcasting works pretty much by fudging the name/ vague concept of the spell.

I have a spell called "Better Yet, Here" that redirects an ally's attack, and have use a Ritual of "Better Yet, Here" to redirect the teleportation of something to an extra-dimensional nowhere space in order to contain it to a place that wasn't just nowhere, it was "Better Yet, Here" with the intention of being able to locate it again if need be.

It's high power shenaniganary, but it requires imaginative thinking. 13th age is narrative fiat magic.

How do they stop the heartless in kingdom hearts?

Exalted, so we'd kill all of them. Then go to the realm of darkness and wipe that out too using the Dance of a thousand penises to create a keyblade swarm at will.

The only way to stop the heartless is to have a cornerstone of light to keep them from operating or use the keyblade to purify them and to lock them out of the world they are in.

What if we have a guy who has a cursory understanding of several popular fictional settings? Because we do. How hard is it to make a keyblade? What if we annihilate a dimension using a bomb that causes a vacuum catastrophe?

These are actual questions. The foe we're up against in my game sounds pretty similar, just without any inbuilt weaknesses like light or whatever, and we're trying to set up some serious "End of the Universe" contingency plans here. A keyblade locks things out of dimensions? I don't know how that's different than our banishment sword. What does a cornerstone of light do to stop them?

The bomb won't work they aren't flesh and blood.

Your sword won't stop all of them you to lock them out your world using the keyblade.The keyblade can lock and unlock anything in the universe. If you lock something with the keyblade it will never open up again unless you have another keyblade.

The cornerstone of light prevents beings with a great amount of darkness in there hearts from certain locations in your world.

>The bomb won't work they aren't flesh and blood.
m8 do you even read these questions or are you just jerkin' it to heartless r34 over there?

They don't die and will come back unless you purify them. It's not that hard to understand.

Right, but you missed the part where he crashed the entire plane of existence with no survivors. You need to answer that part of the question.

>Actually liking kingdom hearts
>Literally just a fanservice novelty game ( the first one ) and then a fanservice game about a fanservice game with oc ( every other game )
Honestly surprised that kingdom hearts hasn't invented it's own !real disney shit. I think they have already done some !real final fantasy bullshit.

The heartless as a concept will never truly die unless you genocide the omniuniverse. The heartless are made of the darkness of every living being alive. The heartless may exist but they don't follow the same rules as everyone else. I just stating the facts.

You see, the issue with this is we're talking about layering multiple levels of fantasy metaphysics... Fighting for one side, you might always find reasons to say your side is the winner.

In Agone for example, I could easily make the bold claim that "well, their hearts corruoted by darkness, and darkness is the corrupting influence of the Shadow, so clearly if I use 'Destroy Darken' it will vaporize them and return them to the abyss" but that's nnot fun, and it makes assumptions about tge interactions between two brands of fantasy metaphysics that have little basis in either setting...

The concept is easy to understand the heartless are hearts created by darkness in livings. They do not die and will keep coming back unless you purify them. My problem is that TG anons cannot understand that simple enemies have simple solutions and TG gives out bad and inefficient answer for many things. Little kids would give out better answers than you guys.

And you're the guy completely ignoring metaphysics of the other settings the Heartless are supposed to be running up against and demanding everyone else play by your rules.

You're the guy going
>Nuh, uh. Because they have a thing that doesn't let you do that
to everyone who pops a solution that isn't an inherent part of whatever it is you're talking about.

>I will not allow you to play a keyblade wielder.
>Hexblade Bladelock, like you could stop him.

I'd hope my player would be intelligent enough to not choose the Bladelock on his own. Or at least not whine when he realizes he's playing a gimped character option and one of the few trap options in 5e.

Humanity created a God for the very reason this kind of bullshit wouldn't be a problem.

You see... The problem with that "simple" Co cet, is that in the setting I'm referring to, créatures being corrupted by darkness is already a thing. In Sci-fi you can sort of amalgamate crossovers, since it's all supposed to be "science" but with fantasy things don't mesh that easily.
Is this darkness the same kind of darkness, or is it a foreign concept of darlbess? In Harmonde darkness is a fundamental and essential aspect of the goddess of the night (noxe, or The Shadow) and when I say darkness, I mean the literal absence of light, and the metaphorical concept of despair and apathy, and when you are contaminated with too much of it, you become a demon. So again, how does this "darkness" the heartless have coexist with such things? Sure in L5R there is the alien metaphysics ruling of "if you are in rokugan, then only rokugani stuff works, if your in another place, their stuff works" but there are no established rulings about how these things interact, and parroting the idea that one is completely unaffected by the most basic and essential elements of the other setting makes any attempt at crossing over pointless...

Anyone with a strong enough Heart and enough raw Evil can command Heartless, but if they show even a single instant of weakness, they'll get swarmed and devoured by the Darkness they think themselves "Master" over.

Also to clear up some stuff regarding the debate as to "Whether or not Heartless abide or work by the metaphysics of other settings", suffice to say; They Don't.

Heartless do not follow the 'normal' metaphysical nature of any world they infest, with the largest change affecting them seemingly coming from how said world causes them to manifest. The whole thing with the Heartless is that they spitter along the underpinnings of reality, steadily tearing through the inhabitants of the world/universe they siege and bolster their own numbers with each being consumed, until they find the Heart of said reality and unless it has been sealed to them with the raw condensed Light of a Keyblade, they -WILL- consume it and plunge that entire world kicking and screaming into the Darkness. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. That's the general gist on how Heartless roll. You can tear into the lesser Shdows and the like all you want, but unless you have a Keyblade capable of freeing the Hearts trapped inside that Darkness, they will inevitably reform and will just continue their siege, and the stronger Heartless are near impossible to banish with 'normal' weaponry, so it quickly becomes a race against time for most settings/worlds to try and find a way to counter them if they don't have a Keyblade Wielder on hand, and the vast majority of the time, they fail.

Heartless take the form of whatever's native to a world and can go to dimensions freely without ships via the corridors of darkness, which is basically just a edgy version of 40k's webway.

>Also to clear up some stuff regarding the debate as to "Whether or not Heartless abide or work by the metaphysics of other settings", suffice to say; They Don't.
Then why are other settings beholden to the mechanics of the Heartless?

WRONG.
You can kill them with light OR a keyblade.

Probably halfway decently. After the last session, the game flipped from magitech fantasy to alt!Shadowrun where dragons were BTFO by vampires, who went on to build up the megacorps, with a weird corp-to-corp war starting between Vlad the Impaler and Castlevania!Dracula over rights to a very popular vampire hunter series.
In addition, mechs and other anime nonsense are a thing, because Japan didn't get struck by the Great Depression in this version.
As a result, a certain NEET scientist heavily impiled to be not!Tomoko invented a kemonofication mutagen, and ended up pouring a lot of it into the ocean on accident.
As such, anything in specific "gulf hubs" is turned into a cute/sexy humanoid version of itself...including Jormundgard.
While the only dragon who followed us there, Dunkelzahn, is working on stopping the kemono pollution from spreading, I'm sure he'd set aside some time to stop the Heartless.
Possibly using a "fix-anything" device he's marketing as a household robot to forcibly reunite Hartless and Nobody.

The "setting" features different human factions each controlling numerous, entire galaxies, plus a far more advanced alien race and another one that is basically a trans-universal cancer in reality.
If the little shadowy fucks were to pose a problem, they'd have their home dimension bombarded with galaxy-scaled nukes.

From a methaphisical standpoint what is a Heart? It's another name for souls or it's something else? Because in my setting there is a methaphisical disease that destroy and consume every soul after a while, so if they are going to be affected by that I don't think it's a great idea for them to invade.

It is the source of emotions within a being. A nobody has no emotions because of this but literally grow new ones later on.

This is just a "Nu-uh, I always win because yes". You have to understand that an endless hordes that consume worlds/realities, is nearly impossible to defeat except for this plot weapon and can otherwise just be stalled over is hardly a unique thing. Almost every high fantasy or sci-fi settings have one. 40k alone has what? Five of them?

>Dark eldar would eat (and rape) them too; they're pretty much negative energy and emotion compressed into tasty slow-moving morsels.
The problem with that is that heartless take the form of whatever's native to a world. In Kingdom Hearts, a world is a dimension. So this means you'll have heartless taking the form of catachan barking toads at worst. Some even take the form of fucking gumball machines.

Remember the first Kindgdom Hearts game when the franchise was something new and cool, even a little creepy and mysterious? Now it's been turned into a bargain bin ANIMU fit only for destruction.

Then I have no fucking idea how it works because in my setting emotions don't have a source. Literally everything, matter and energy included has an emotional alignment. The concept of something without emotions or the ability to remove them is literally extraneous to it.

They just take the shape though. Actual powers of Heartless are dependent entirely on their individual power.

There's even a required threshold to do that; shadows, big bodies, knights, and a lot of the caster Heartless are just generic enemies too weak to become anything greater.

Tell him that Beastmaster Ranger is way better and will let him treat his keyblade as a separate character. See if he buys it.

Why does Anti-Sora have Void Gear and Rainfell?

Not really. If you destroy a Heartless with a Keyblade (so the heart is freed insead of just fulling back into darkness) and then destroy the corresponding Nobody (if there is one), then the original person comes back. Happens to half of Organization XIII by the end of DDD, most notably Axel.

>Everything in this world is based on emotions
>EVERYTHING
>Suddenly, evil things that have no emotional basis at all start popping up, and they in fact consume emotion somehow
>WAT DO

I dunno, that sounds like a pretty standard RPG plot. I mean, technically, the Heartless WOULD have an emotional basis, since they're born from the 'darkness of the heart' which literally just means negative emotions. But to counter all the faggotry in this thread, the issue with a lot of settings is that only the very powerful Heartless are really a threat to a high-fantasy party. The endless swarms overwhelm you EVENTUALLY, but by that point, you've figured out that basically all the magic in the KH setting is combative somehow and only very certain people can do magic that's something other than "kill it with fire". So there's no real way to tell how the heartless would react to, say, a Permanent-augmented Dimensional Anchor or something. There's no way to tell how they'd deal with people who can just reshape reality on a whim.

Hell, a lot of things are unclear. If you really look at it, and ignore the 'born from negative emotions only' part, Creation in Exalted is ALREADY dealing with the Heartless, they just call them the fair folk there.

Considering that a heartless took the form of the Grim Reaper and use the Doom spell, up to the point where you can't revive them with any healing magics in a DISNEY setting (granted it was world war 2 neverland), some damn OP heartless are going to start cropping up in 40k.

It could be Sora in Anti Form, I guess. He doesn't use keyblades in that one though.

It's fun to play, which is rarer than gold in this day and age.

I'm 27yo, am I too old to start playing this series? Never got into it as a kid and I'm beginning to have major regerts.

>and I'm beginning to have major regrets.
Honestly, I didn't like it. I've had friends who said it's awesome, I played it and thought "meh, I don't like it". I will concur with some of these anons though, the fanbase (or at least what I remember of them) were worse than furries or 40Kfags.

I'd skip the first game. It was mysterious and creepy like one user said, but the gameplay was incredibly basic and boring. KHII was much better in how fun it was, and it also had the story actually kicking into gear. Chain of Memories is optional but is a good idea to really understand what's going on in KHII, and it's not a bad game in its own right.

But to answer your actual question, user:

>When I became an adult, I put away childish things, including the fear of being called childish

It's more the fact that if they are only a menace to hearts or to things that produce emotions then my setting is basically immune as nothing of the sort exist (emotions are the building blocks or reality, they can't be created like you can't actually create energy from nothing in real life) but if they can eat emotions themselves then either we give them a very big indigestion or nothing we do can actually do anything.

The heartless are negative emotion, he's not talking about them. He's talking about the Nobody. Nobody is the physical body inhabited by the soul of a person that previously had a strong, but not necessarily good, heart. The Heartless are basically animals, not much different from Tyranids, running around looking for light to eat. The nobody are actually sentient, even the lowest rank of them. They retain all memories from their life, they actually rationalize, they are just completely unable to feel any emotion. They operate by reviewing their memories basically, they know that "He told a joke, I should laugh" but they don't feel any joy, when they get whacked over the head they feel pain, but no fear, no anger. Their motivation is regaining their hearts because living with no emotions is pretty much just death. I can't think of a parallel for Exalted since the neverborn do still feel emotions.

Heartless range in size from you average goblin to a small city, and even the smallest is capable of killing a civilian easily. They have MASSIVE damage resistance to non-magical weapons as well.

The biggest thing about heartless is that, unlike most endless-zombie-plague type situations, is that if they manage to convert you, you keep whatever specialization you had before. Warriors become physical attackers, wizards become spellcasters, there are even heartless capable of healing. And if you're strong enough you can become a "boss" heartless like a Darkside. They are a mostly mindless swam, but they have a variety of creatures capable of fulfilling a variety of rolls.

But it gets better (or worse). If someone with above average willpower becomes a heartless, they leave behind a Nobody, these creatures are emotionless at least to begin with bodies with no hearts, whose willpower kept their soul in the body after the heart was removed. They are typically stronger than heartless, and are driven to find a new heart that "fits" so that they can experience emotions again.

And then you get humanoid Heartless/Nobodies. These are exceptionally rare, one of the reasons Orginization XIII was called that was because in the entire galaxy Xemnas was only able to find 13 of them including himself. They are exceedingly powerful, and retain their human intelligence. They can also override the instincts of Heartless/Nobodies around them to do what they want rather than the usual shtick of "consume hearts" or "look for a new heart."

Buy the I.5 and II.5 mix on PS4. It's almost the entire series in one place, and if you like it buy II.8 and then you'll be caught up in time for II.

>then you'll be caught up in time for II.
*in time for III.

Depends how much you like Disney. This series is needlessly confusing if you join late and has over time more and more just become a theme park ride.

If gameplay and music is enough for you, give it a try.
If you want a fantasy world to explore, try the Ivalice Final Fantasy games.

>This series is needlessly confusing
Everything makes perfect sense as long as you don't skip anything.

>Golarion.
Everything gets fucked, Rovagug becomes a Heartless (not much of a difference though), another God War happens, and Triune is forced to form early and dump the whole planet into the Drift. At some point, Sarenrae and Asmodeus bone eachother. Abadar, Nethys, Sarenrae, Asmodeus, and Shelyn also later on join together to make their own Keyblades and hand them to worshipers to fight back against Heartless that trickle from the Drift.

Void gear was Vanitas's keyblade, so it fits for a dark Sora.

Stormfall is the canon form Aqua's Keyblade was in when she lost it (along with her armor) trying to save Terra. IIRC it's still around, Xemnas has it. Being keyblade captured by the Darkness, it makes a good choice for a dark Sora.