Use to read 40k books back in the day, still have interest in the universe and want to read some of the books again...

Use to read 40k books back in the day, still have interest in the universe and want to read some of the books again...but there is so god damn many...any list on where to start?

Go to the 40k thread, download the mega with all of them. I like the imperial guard series, the eisenhorn series and ciaphas cain are also quite good. Ciaphas cain need not be read in a specific order.

the new ciaphas cain omnibus isn't on there.

you might have an out-of-date image there.

Crossfire, by Matthew Farrer, was really good and a nice change from space marines space-marineing
I'd put it up there with Dan Abnett's Inquisition trilogies and Gaunt's Ghosts in terms of quality

I just finished reading this book, its death guard vs necrons. Honestly was blown away by the quality. I got to the end and actually said "woah" . I think if you removed the GW universe names and it was just 'generic' scifi itd be pretty damn popular.

100% worth reading, probably the best 40k book ive read in 5+ years

meant to add: it was surprisingly deep in the way it explored the characters psychology and emotions. Very cool to get a look at how regular humans and the kriegers interact. Plus im an oldcron fan and its oldcrons so theres that too

The Imperial Armour books are pretty good, although they're less story, more war report. And they're fucking expensive nowadays, as they're out of print. But the 40kg mega should have them.

Isn't Rynss world a space marines battle novel? Because no way does that gem count as heresy.

Double Eagle and Titanicus from Dan Abnett are also god tier.

Shit nig I finished it last night, it was EXCELLENT. That ending, really reinforces the idea of how much a life is worth in the Imperium.

>No Titanicus

This list is incomplete and mostly wank.

I like to pretend he made it in somehow and blew up the necrons even though I know that's not the point

nigga! Do you even into pdf?! share that shit!

>read Shira Calpurnia trilogy
>look into other novels
>quickly realize that Abnett is a bad writer
Welp.

Anons will give you good suggestions for contained stories within the setting. But pic related is what you read if you want to see what really changed with the setting. Plus all three protegonists are great in their own way.

bump

The Carrion Throne is also a good book and it's a prequel of sorts to watchers.

Dante and The Devastation of Baal are also really fantastic reads and really show you the struggles that Chapter Master Dante has to go through. Poor guy has it rough

The Soul Drinkers books are breddy gud

Just popping into say i liked this book and its actually the first book i give people if they havent read any 40k