Glorantha - Another Setting Ruined by Identity Politics

They inserted so much dumb fucking identity politics neo-Marxist bullshit.

How does this all play out in-game? Preaching is not practicing.

From my experience, if something is not specifically lampshaded in rules, its absence from a game is taken unquestioned.

If the rules mention something, entitled players will demand its inclusion and, I find, refuse to accept "because I do not want it in my game" as an answer.

See: races like tieflings and half-orcs. If they are in the PHB, suddenly players won't accept "I don't want tiefling PCs" as a valid reason for not making one.

Such things shouldn't be emphasised as the norm in rules, because they are the personal choice of the GM.

>four sexes
Elaborate

This the new Chaosium stuff? Look, we all knew that when Chaosium brought RuneQuest back home it was basically going to be a massive Glorantha-specific wank that attempts to 5e-ify the BRP system in order to become relevant.
It might sell if they manage to create a version of RuneQuest that simplifies matters of the system without being completely retarded, but we already know it won't do that, and will have Glorantha hard-coded as part of the setting.
Just use Mythras/RQ6, and use your best interpretation of the lore, like anyone who's actually going to run and play this game is going to, and not someone who's posting something they know they can get other people angry about just so they aren't alone in their festering.
Now if you'll excuse me I have an OSR campaign to prepare for.

Well you take the definition of sex and gender and change it. Then you input mental disorder.

At best you can argue "magical animal race that has X reason to have more than 2 genders." But X reason will be retarded and pointless.

This is retarded, forced, and needs magic and fantasy to even make a little sense.

It's like your trying to say it's not retarded when it is. Then your trying to play "well talking about it is retarded, so stop discussing opinions and ideas".

>No bad think! I call bad thought police!
KYS.

Every moron doing some fucked up gender bullshit will be kicked in a second out of my group. Therefore this whole paragraph is absolutely useless, optional and not influencing my game at all. It simply doesn't matter and will be ignored.

>Entitled players

Bad GM detected

Never played in or cared about glorantha and I'm not about to start now, user.

You did not read nor understand a word of what I said whatsoever. Instead of correcting you and hoping for intelligent discussion though I'm just going to point this out and act extremely smug, then just sit on my condescension and use it to brow-beat your opinion into submission, because this was never about discussing Glorantha, it's about someone supplementing their personal dissatisfaction with life and events by complaining about something they dislike until they feel superior to someone else because of it.

Player bleed means the next crop of players will do the “fucked up gender bullshit.” All a developer has to do is wait for their inclusions to be the new standard.

>See: races like tieflings and half-orcs. If they are in the PHB, suddenly players won't accept "I don't want tiefling PCs" as a valid reason for not making one.

Get better player groups. If a player tells me they won't accept which races I allow, I laugh in their face and tell them that's too bad. The worst they can do is threaten not to play, but they never go through with it.

Fact is, most people want to play and GMs are in demand. Fuck entitled players.

Get out of my fucking hobby, you nazi fuck.

The real world has literally every kind of tranny, gender dysphoria, otherkin etc bullshit and that isn't the problem with WoD or other shit set in or in an analogue of the real world.

if a woman puts on pants she is a man.

Chill out everyone, I got this one.
ahem
(You)

Just because the user is shitting on a bad setting does not mean he’s going to get triggered in yours.

Go be an whiny retard somewhere else.

t. Entitled player

He is. He posted it on 8/tg/ as well, despite them having a Political Containment thread, and strict enforcement of that. Shame, I like 8/tg/, it's decent compared to here.

Not him, but I read your posts and they are little more than an overly verbose "u mad".

Why do these publisher placate these faggots? Are they not aware if they didn't bring it up you wouldn't have a single fucking problem, but now they've alienated at least half of the political spectrum with this stupid bullshit. Also, it makes he hesitant to touch it because most people that are concerned about shit like this don't have an ounce of fucking talent.

No one cares.

The answer to this is the same answer you give when someone asks why you never see white people in phone commercials: Because you don’t need to pander to fans when they’re going to buy your product anyway, or buy it for some other aspect of the game that isn’t advertised but can be found through research (much like how white guys buy cars based on reviews and stats, which is why commercials that advertise cars as “fun” are always targeting women.)

glorantha is older than this modern gender communism nonsense

But it's been at least a fucking year of this shit, and the people they're trying to attract aren't buying any of their shit

Except you have an advertisement alienating the actual market that purchases your game. Which is White Men. Go to a hobby shop. 18 tables of people playing RPG's all White, all men. One table with some girls, one table with some blacks. In a blue moon a pure table with some blacks. Transvestites, homosexuals, libtards? Never, not fucking once. They're trying to sell their game to literal fucking air, and they don't realize the problem with that?

>Transvestites
I can confirm that trannies exclusively play online.

Car insurance commercials always portray the white man as dumb and weak compared to the proud woman or wise black man. Doesn’t stop men from getting car insurance. Why? Because white men don’t buy their stuff from advertisements, they do it through reading up on the subject or “inheriting” it from friends and family. Game systems and settings are the exact same way.

You either do not play in Glorantha or you will continue to play it even with this addition on race.

Because that's really all this board is, and has become. Every thread is an excuse to get mad at something. We all know that this isn't going to have any bearing on mechanics, and complaining about it sure isn't going to do Shit.
The reality is that this Shit isn't here to advertise, it's to provide enough lip-service to placate people who would complain about it otherwise, the people that are too stupid to realize that they can change things on their own.
The important thing here is this:
Is the RuneQuest Glorantha ruleset going to be any good in the modern gaming era where light, easy mechanics are prioritized over detailed, crunchy mechanics because of limited schedules and patience?
Chaosium seems to think so, judging by the fact that they're so confident in the rulebook that they're making the new lore suit the tastes of the new age of players we got from 5e, or at least what the D&D marketing team seems to think is the tastes of 5e players.

>Just change it, bro

A shitty sentiment when you realize nobody does this.

Stop projecting your pointlessly angry modern sensibilities on what is supposed to be a bronze-age setting.

As opposed to shoehorning in modern gender theory into a bronze-age setting?

This.

Exactly, but guess what? Between the group that can complain about anything and claim it's prejudice to disagree with them, and us, who do you think they're going to appease more? All we do is get angry about it on image boards then run it the way we want.
They're the ones who'll go through the effort to slander the game and cost people financially because it doesn't suit them as marketed.

Actually I'm a foreverGM. I just think it's more fun to work with my players, instead of turning the game into a dick-measuring contest. You should try too.

>Six Genders
But that's problematic! I see no connection with PC culture.

Weeeird, this exact same post is in this exact same thread on 8ch!

I wonder what it could possibly mean?

>Entitled players

Shit GM #2 is in the thread!

>modern gender theory
There are ancient cultures that still exist today that recognize five genders.

This is not modern, liberal, or the west. It's just reality. Different cultures handle gender roles differently. Even ones that have just two don't all handle them the same way.

>every successful culture that exists has two genders represented in the same way
>BUT WHAT ABOUT THE MOGOTOTOWATA TRIBE FROM DEEP JUNGLE PAPA NEW GUINEA THEY HAVE TWENTY KAJILLION GENDERS ONE FOR EACH PERSON

Just neck yourself you dirty tranny, you have no justification in reality.

What's so exclusively modern about it? Some historical cultures have had different views of gender and relationships.

Greeks and Romans had some ultra gay sexual habits. American Indians often recognized more than two genders.

These are pre-enlightenment cultures, just like the ones portrayed in Glorantha. Don't expect them to rely on reason and science to the same extent we do. You can't expect them to base their world view on XX/XY and biology, because these concepts are completely alien to them.

They've had to resort to different ways to interpret the world around them. If a man doesn't behave like a man and says he doesn't feel like a man, you might as well just say he's a third gender and work from there.

Define 'succesful'. Define 'the same way'.

>There are ancient cultures that still exist today that recognize five genders.
Yeah and not a fucking one made it to the bronze age

Nothing, really. Tomorrow morning the 8/thread will get anchored because someone told Chrow there was politics outside the containment thread, and this thread will hit bump limit because mods are lazy shits.
I just thought it might be funny to see how OP reacted on 8/tg/ as opposed to here. He can't call me out for posting the same reply because any mention of Veeky Forums other than to call it 4cuck gets you ridiculed over there.

[citation needed]

Why don't you go live with them then! I'm sure they'll put you up in a nice tree house.

>successful
Inventing anything more functional than a stone pickaxe and having an IQ over 80.

>same way
Delineation of societal roles based off two genders (which map exactly to two sexes) and those genders being represented by one being a physical, work role and the other being a home-staying, caring role. I'll let you guess what gender matches to which sex.

It's almost as if humanity has a pattern that we're suited to and this is what every successful culture has realised and applied.

Why are you trying so hard to deny reality and cold, hard truth?

If gender were not a social construct, then every culture would have the same definitions of gender.

This is not the case.

You don't even need to go to extremes like cultures with more than two genders.

Even east coast versus the south in America have different, if similar, ideas of what makes a man a man or a woman a woman, so clearly culture defines gender roles.

Easily observable, verifiable fact contradicts your world view.

You're the one making the claim buddy. Name a culture with fifty genders that made it any further than throwing pointed sticks and sharpening rocks

There's a difference between what roles a culture assigns to what gender, and having more than two fucking genders

>hurr durr fantasy bronze age tribes can't be portrayed as having primitive and unscientific ideas because muh SJW bogeymen
You faggots lack imagination. Stop trying to force anachronistically modern reason and science into premodern fantasy settings.

No, you're the one claiming not a single culture that recognized more than two genders or traditional Judeo-Christian gender roles made it to the Bronze Age.

I want to see you try and back that up, because it's going to be fucking hilarious. I've got popcorn in the microwave as we speak.

Sex != Gender

Gender is culturally defined.
Sex is not.

Of course, there can be more than two for both. Intersex is a thing.

>every culture would have the same definitions of gender
Not at all, you ignorant biological fantasist.

Different cultures have different ideas on how people make children. Babylonians believed that if a woman had a threesome with two men then her children would be 1/3 of each of them.

So how about you wind your neck in, you slimy neo-Marxist tranny?

>This Bronze Age society isn’t behaving like my 19th century European monarchy!

Bronze Age people were weird.

>Intersex is a thing.
A statistical anomaly?

What's your point?

You're forgetting the fact that all studies on Gender being a social construct originated from the studies of a mad psychologist who attempted to make one boy in a set of twins grow up to be a girl and that led to the eventual death and suicide of both twins. Also the "girl" never identified as such and always felt he was a guy, and the fact that he wasn't allowed to be is a better argument that trying to change one's gender identity is a mentally debalancing psychological disorder.
And before you ask me for citation, it's David Peter Reimer and John Money.

I mean, the fact that different societies have different genders is all the proof any rational mind needs to realize that gender is a social construct.

If it's socially constructed, it's a social construct. Amazing how that works.

Male, female, Helering and ?

Look at the disgusting tranny avoiding any points that contradict him, like .

No, see, that's a logical fallacy that you choose to hold onto instead of discussing the Reimer issue, like all libtards do when confronted with it.

>originated from
What, just because his 'study' came before the others? Correlation != causation.

False equivalency.

"Gender role" is used because gender defines the role you play in society.

Much like a police officer in London doesn't have the same expectations placed upon them as one in Moscow, a "male" in one culture may not have the same expectations as a "male" in another.

These are both roles in a society, and they are both culturally defined.

>Greeks and Romans had some ultra gay sexual habits.

Still two genders tho .

>neo-marxist
what the fuck does any of this have to do with marxism you literal slugman

No, no, see, this guy was on YOUR side. The results of his study just didn't conform to what you wanted it to say so now you're trying to invalidate it. This is why I love the Reimer study so much.

What point is this supposed to make?

He tried to force a boy to become a girl, mentally. Of course that's doomed to fail.

But is that supposed to prove that boys are never, ever born with a much more feminine 'wiring' than is the norm? I don't see how I'm supposed to draw that conclusion from this debacle.

>false equivalence
>says that "if gender was real then all cultures would treat it the same"
>someone points out that cultures treat very real stuff very differently
>"NO REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NO THAT CANT BE THE CASE OTHERWISE ID BE STERILISING MYSELF WITH FEMALE HORMONES FOR NOTHING"

Gender identity theory is a branch of neo-Marxism you ignorant cumrag.

It's not even a point worth addressing.

Psychology is full of people who made wrong theories or performed horrifically unethical experiments that are still taught today because they are useful and provide a foundation for later, more accurate works.

Seriously, about half of any psychology course is full of "this experiment was horrible and we will never be allowed to do it again, but here is what we learned from it"

>YOUR side
Stop pretending like this is purely black-and-white.

Heler has been part of gloranthan lore since the 80s. And his worshippers had always been considered a third gender

Uhuh. Sure thing, OP.

How's that OSR game going? Apparently not well, if you have to shitpost on 8ch and here.

Fucking this, this shit is not new.

>foundational studies were wrong
>every study since has shown that trannies who transition have just as high a rate of depression and suicide
>"NO IT DOESNT COUNT IT DOESNT COUNT THE SOY DIDNT DO ANYTHING TO ME"

Neck yourself.

Eunuchs were a third gender.

Theres also that one troll that switched sex through a heroquest in Trollpak

k,but the is the setting good?

Yeah its my favourite. There is a mongol warlord who conquered the MOON

Shh, he needs to fight his bogeymen in order to feel worthwhile.

then we just do as usual and ignore what we dont like as GMs

No one actually cares about Glorantha. Everyone here just wants an internet slapfight.

Female priests in Lhankor Mhy's male priesthood are also allowed if they keep fake beards.

Eunuchs are more than a social construct.

Yes. Because if I wasn't this wouldn't be nearly as fun. Treating it as an imperative invites the autists to argue against it.

SO WHAT YOU'RE SAYING IS that most psychological theories and conjectures INCLUDING those that support the evidence that gender as a social construct is utterly baseless and usually the results of faulty studies mixed with the personal philosophies and hubris of the psychologists who made them?
Well, I can quite agree to that.

>Glorantha
hmm dickslap fight

>ruined

Glorantha was never good.

>every study since has shown that trannies who transition have just as high a rate of depression and suicide
>just as high
So what you're saying is that forcing them to behave according to your gender norms is not actually better than letting them transition?

Only pillaged it, user, not conquered (but he did fulfill his vow of standing on the Red Moon). Plus he got to kill the Red Emperor a second time whilst doing it.

"Gender role" is a social construct.

The role eunuchs played in society was, in fact, a social construct.

Yeah, the cults of Men in the bodies of women and vice versa that existed since the dawn of the setting really didn't suggest that whatsoever

Actually, in the case of FtM, the rate of depression/suicide is higher after transition.

Well, let's be honest. Psychology isn't a properly scientific discipline.

It's sort of empirical and that's OK, but that's about it.

this is such fucking mundane mythology.

Is Norse religion SJW because Loki mothered and fathered children?

Are you telling me society is a social construct?

I mean, there's a reason I've been debating with easily verifiable information and logic rather than citing psychological studies, but you just admitted to trolling on top of being brazenly obvious about it, so anyone who actually tries to engage you in debate further at this point is a moron or another troll.