Since when do you enjoy fantasy more than real life?

Since when do you enjoy fantasy more than real life?

Since 11 years old when life started to turn into shit

This. Boredom, pain and depression, and then you grow old and die. Now that I can afford my own funeral the only reason I haven't killed myself yet is the joy I find in reading and writing.

for me it started at 18. Had all the gfs i ever imagined. fantasy is just better than RL

Since my last relationship went up in flames.

was the break up /tg related?

When I discovered it was a good way to make friends that didn't involve the human-garbage from my classes or work.

But indulging in fantasy is a real life activity I enjoy.

Never was about escapism, I just love it for what it is. it's beautiful, just like life.

I mean, kind of? We met through a Vampire game, and she fell in love with me for some reason.

so is fantasy real life then?

at about 9 when the fedora made its way onto my head

great paint job

if you know you are a fedora tipper arent you automatically not a fedoratipper?

how does this work pls.

I took the fedora off eventually, that's when I found out

ah. now it makes sense

>fantasy is separated from real life
Realism believes in separate entities, despite claiming the most total system.

I think my first experience of "reality" was when I was 16. Before that I lived in my own imagination.

I enjoy both fairly equally. My job is pretty low-stress and pays more than it's worth, and I live in a low-income area. Plenty of left over money. Plus, I'm not an autistic fuck who can't go out and make friends or something. I'm pretty sure that everyone in this thread would be better off if they stopped whining and did something about their lives for a change.

I don't. Different shades of green.

"Green is not a creative color."

I was introduced to Hobbit when I was about 5 years old, sooo... 21 year ago.

since you brought it up, i have friends, i look decent, have no problem making new friends or connections. Ive always been social, good at athletics and stuff.

it just got really boring after 20. but i live in Europe, that might be the problem. I started /ttg a few years back and i became a lore junkie. it just seems more fascinating than real life. something as mundane as a cold can kill you and we dont even have dragons.

>[Bohemian rhapsody starts playing]

Since as far back as I could remember.
I know back in kindergarten I used to watch Sailor Moon and Digimon on some Germany channel over satellite and I would create my own characters and insert them into the story.
Sailor Moon was the beginning of my magical realm.

At least since I could read, so... When I was 5 years old? But my parents were religious and told me stories before, so I guess even longer.

The dwarves massacred the orcs in the war of the dwarves and orcs, but themselves were kicked out of Khazad-dum by the Balrog.
Gandalf killed the Balrog, but also when cornered by a few orcs with pointed sticks, torches, and wolves he was utterly convinced he was gonna die.
Powerlevels are bullshit.

Since I realized that most of my fetishes are physically impossible to play out IRL

Ever since I used to play make believe when I was a child

Since 2004, without me even being aware of it

>Gandalf killed the Balrog, but also when cornered by a few orcs with pointed sticks, torches, and wolves he was utterly convinced he was gonna die.
Clearly he'd run out of spell slots

When I was a kid, reading fantasy novels was my only real form of escapism because I had nearly two hours of bus rides every school day. I needed something to do. So, since as long as I can remember. Now, as a middle age man who has failed in life, it's my only escape from how shitty everything is. It keeps my mind off the suffering of knowing every year is likely going to be worse than the last.

>has everything in life, wonders why others don't just pull themselves up by their bootstraps.