Describe the absolutely most sexually attractive character that you think you'd be able to play constructively with a...

Describe the absolutely most sexually attractive character that you think you'd be able to play constructively with a straight face, and why.
Where does the limit go? Do you think you'd be a stuttering mess if you played a character with tits, or do you think you could handle a whole Star Wars campaign as an underage Twi'lek ex-stripper without anyone looking at you weird?
Do you think you can get anything constructive out of playing a character who's extremely attractive in a sexual way, as compared to a more "bland" character?

And for those whose answers are negative: Do you think the inherent unsuitability of these characters is because the players can't be trusted, or because just having them in the group makes the other players uncomfortable?

I never play female characters, it just seems weird. I wouldn't have a problem playing an extremely attractive male character, and you bet I'd leverage his appearance to go places-to a point.

>Describe the absolutely most sexually attractive character that you think you'd be able to play constructively with a straight face, and why.
A young foxgirl princess (male) who is seldom found dressed in anything but frilly and flouncy ball gowns. In the game world, everyone else would simply consider this character to be a regular foxgirl princess, which is relatively normal.

Somewhat like the picture to the left, except in a voluminous, layered dress.

>Where does the limit go?
This is already the limit.

>Do you think you can get anything constructive out of playing a character who's extremely attractive in a sexual way, as compared to a more "bland" character?
Why would I settle for a bland character when I could play a character who appeals to me?

If you'd explain why it's "weird" without resorting to weird projection and using the word "degeneracy" like it means something in 2018, you'd be the first.
I personally play female characters a lot, which means the ">guys who play female characters" threads just make me kind of sad - the accusations of being a Tumblrkin or a closeted homo reek of desperation, and the single time I've seen a badly played female character by a male player was when they were played by someone who can and does fuck up everything.
In my experience, it all falls together naturally once you give up on forcing it. You have experiences with women that allow you to roleplay them - where it gets weird for both you and others is when you're over-conscious of the gender difference and immediately try to make a high-pitched voice and talk about guys and shopping.
This is horrifying to be on the receiving end of, sure.
Playing a female character who just so happens to be female, as a person rather than a gender, is actually easy as shit.
The genders don't differ enough to require a roleplaying difference 90% of the time, and those 10% are pretty easy to spot.
Just relax, remember you're playing a person above all and rely on your own experiences to let you play them.

> Do you think the inherent unsuitability of these characters is because the players can't be trusted, or because just having them in the group makes the other players uncomfortable?

Not somebody whose answer is categorically negative, but I want to respond to this. This is solely a matter of boundaries. If you and everyone in the group is comfortable with you playing -- to use one of your examples -- an underage Twi'lek ex-stripper, then ok whatever. My personal experience with this kind of thing -- and my understanding of what's most common in many roleplaying circles because of the type of personality disorders and social ineptitude it attracts (no judgement, I have some of this standard array of mental disorders myself) -- is that people are too willing to exceed the boundaries of other players and not back off if they're uncomfortable.

In fact, these kinds tend to be the ones who get the most belligerent if they're confronted with discomfort. I've literally been yelled at by players who were exceeding reasonable good taste by the definition of most of our table. They accused me of having a problem with affection.

It's basically like the kind of language you use around people. It's a basic respect thing. You don't HAVE to "censor" yourself, but if somebody you're talking to is uncomfortable with even something as benign as swearing it's kind of a dick move to do it deliberately.

In summary, and to bring this full circle: Roleplaying as a hobby has a very large concentration of socially inept, mentally ill people with filter problems. A lot of them cannot be trusted to respect boundaries and, therefore, highly sexualized and attractive characters default to being a red flag for a lot of hobbyists.

Chiming in as someone sitting on the other side of the questions.

I have never found guys playing girls weird. Most people tend to forget that stereotypes exists for a reason, and a lot of the "exaggerated" female stereotypes played by guys aren't even as bad as the reality.

Sure, it sometimes can get mildly uncomfortable, but we are playing a simulated alternate reality here. We aren't here to play hugbox and never stray from our comfort zone. We have limits, sure, but they are rarely broken unless you have someone really turbo autistic in your group.

That said, I have been part of groups where normal and socially functioning guys have not been allowed to play as a girl, despite me - a girl - playing a guy in the same group. It is an odd double standard that has no real reason for existing.

If the player makes it a problem, then believe me: he will be a problem in some way, no matter what you try to do. Forcing him to play a dude won't magically fix him.

I generally prefer to play my own gender, but there is a lot of roleplaying opportunities that are lost, if you decide to never try playing as the opposite gender.

I've GM'd for a very colorful group for years in a row, getting to play with quite a few freakshows, and I can tell you you're speaking the blessed truth.
The one bad experience I've had is with a guy called Mike. Mike is six feet six and still clinically obese. Mike is swarthy, always stubbled and wears only T-shirts, aloha shirts and cargo jeans with hiking shoes. Mike has never taken anything seriously in the eight years I've known him.
He's the only guy who, even if I've taken him aside for advice and been very serious with him, keeps on making his female characters blobs of secondary sexual characteristics who solve problems by fucking them, and he still uses that piping voice and tries to talk like a stereotypical slag.
Everyone else has fixed their ways. Everyone else learns with a few words of advice, because they're interested in roleplaying and want to at least try a bit to become better.
The only person who fails as a matter of course is our That Guy, a manically grinning 280-pound Samoan-looking motherfucker in a stained Hawaii shirt, and he can't do anything else for ass anyway.

Hell, the worst female characters I've ever seen were played by chicks, just like the worst male characters I've seen were played by men.
Sexual fantasies are one thing. Where people really become nightmarish is when they're playing a self-insert.
Female players are the worst fucking murderhoboes in my experience. I play oWoD, but it's always a fucking Gangrel if it's not a werewolf, and they all look the same, have the same personality and solve problems through stomach-flipping ultraviolence.

Gender means jack shit - the bad players are bad and the good ones are good. There are bad players who're bad because they haven't been told the right advice, and those are fine - and then there are the ones who don't want to accept advice, and those people can go fuck themselves.
We still all love Mike, though.

>Female players are the worst fucking murderhoboes in my experience.
Can agree to that. Supressed violent thoughts being channel through a batshit crazy character is fun.

I don't play female characters because I'm terrified it would somehow make my massive gender dysphoria apparent to the people I play with, and I'd rather not make them uncomfortable.

I'd never be able to play a monk like this

I remember having a fun time playing a submissive trap maid who was constantly tending to the whims of another party member, who was a crossdressing prince with ojou-sama levels of smug haughtiness.

I only play male human fighters.

I mean it’s roleplaying.
If you can’t easily pull off playing the opposite gender and ex-stripper with ludicrous assets then you need to git gud

>reasonable female character
absolutely not. I'd get incredibly paranoid about how casually the character was played and how little it mattered.

>stacked 80's barbariellan crushing her enemies' skulls between her thighs
Easy, no problem. Fun gimmick and all that.

why

I played a playfully homicidal red-haired, blue eyed Arbitratrix in a game of Dark Heresy once.

The furthest I am willing to descend into degeneracy is pic related level of beautiful and fetish-ness.

>being sad because of things anonymous manchildren think
You ARE a fag.

>Playing a female character who just so happens to be female, as a person rather than a gender, is actually easy as shit.
And pointless.

Adding my own two cents, personally I would never play a female character at any game conducted in-person or over VOIP, because I would feel like I am ruining the immersion for everyone else. I'm a deep-voiced man, there is no "woman voice" I can affect that wouldn't be completely ridiculous. You could say "they should just use their imagination", and that's not unreasonable, but that's how I feel about things. I'm content to stick to the wide range of male characters available to me.

That said, over text, I'm completely down with playing a woman. It's not about gender dysphoria or whatever the fuck, because I try not to make my characters self-inserts. I'm playing somebody else; I'm not a woman any more than I'm a paladin.

>And pointless.
I think it depends. If the character is "strong independent womyn" who is functionally no different than her male counterpart then obviously there is no point. But some character archetypes either work better as or only work as women. Playing a middle-aged motherly figure or an uptight princess or a sly Carmen Sandiego type or a Wonder Woman-esque female warrior whose femininity actually informs her character, then that's something you couldn't quite replicate with whatever the male equivalent would be while still not being intrinsically based on sexuality, and yet can still be played without being forced to rely on stereotypes of what men think women do just to differentiate them.

The voice doesn't matter.
If you portray the character using their personality rather than their gender, thinking only about gender when there's actually a pressing difference (which in most games means never), by far the most if not all players will take it in stride.
It doesn't seem unnatural because you don't have to try that hard. If you go to the point of caring about the voice, it becomes obvious you're putting too much thought in it and it becomes creepy. I mentioned my group's That Guy earlier on, but that's one of the main reasons he triggers alarms.
What matters is to try to make a character who's a person first and foremost, who has interesting motivations, a coherent personality and who doesn't seem "weird". The thing is, you (very likely) know how women act just from growing up in society, and if you don't think too much about it you'll end up better off than if you overthink it.
I play a lot of female characters, mostly because I'm an oWoD GM but also because I feel it's my responsibility to make a female character so the group doesn't become a sausage-fest.
When I play female characters, I do it because I think "oh, this concept could be a chick too". And because a lot of common character tropes are mainly used in male characters, you can have fun with exploring how they'd manifest in female characters and what their motivations would be.

>I'm a deep-voiced man, there is no "woman voice" I can affect that wouldn't be completely ridiculous.

I wouldn't say that's as big of an issue as you're making it out to be. I'm a bearded bara motherfucker and I play female characters at the table on occasion with very little issues. While I might never put on a "girl voice", like with any character I generally give them some kind of accent, speaking quirk, or slight change in inflection to separate that character's voice from mine. Generally it does a good enough job of selling it, despite me being one of the bass-iest voiced guys in the room. It sounds nothing like a woman's voice sure, but with a little effort you can become a convincing enough character for people to forget or at the very least overlook that over time.

At least in my experience.

I could play a girl who used sex as a tool for manipulation, in fact I'm pretty sure I have.

That said, none of the characters I like to play have any romantic part of their psyche, whatsoever.

I try to convince myself not to do this, as I oddly gravitate towards it. A half-elf warlock is my favorite character, and I like playing him morally ambiguous. However, I typically play him as, "Strictly against procreation", just to stop myself from flirting with every single character. However, If I want to do that, I'll play my wizard, rogue, or bard, who are all basically just flirtatious smooth talkers. Any one of them is as far as I go.

>underage Twi'lek ex-stripper
me gusta

My most recent female character was a Slovenian-American Euthanatos bodyguard who lives on protein drinks, coffee, obsessive training and legally dodgy gun collecting in order to cover the fact that she's terrified of all this shit. She knows she has a duty as an Euthanatos, and can't excuse running away to herself, but doesn't have the self-confidence to think about things where she does have the guts to fight on the front lines and try to feel safer knowing she'll either exterminate the monsters or die trying.
I feel it that set of traits manifests completely differently in a female character because we're used to seeing what could technically be gender-neutral traits in male characters.
Think about it to yourself.
Changing a character's gender changes the way their personality, hobbies, strong points, weaknesses, appearance and God knows what else is seen by other people, and (though this is a bit of a cheap trick) can make a lot of tired concepts seem fresher.
If you don't overthink it, too, you'll roleplay the character differently. Even in the worst case, you're roleplaying a person and not a gender stereotype - unless you play an exaggerated male stereotype, you won't be "too unfeminine". I think most people have a general grasp of when it's realistic and when it's not - it's overthinking it and getting all doomsaying about how impossible it is that causes people to crash and burn.
That, of course, and the few but messy power-autists who chew through Roll20 groups like other people change underwear and can't understand why their invincible lesbian pirate waifu got PK'd in the first session for serial attempted ERP.
You're not one of those autists, because you care.
Now it's just remembering that caring past the point where it gets in the way of your fun isn't a good thing. I do admit the witch-hunts recently make it hard, though.

Then try to play it.
In the best-case scenario, everyone will have an unexpectedly good time.
In the worst-case scenario, Veeky Forums will have new copypasta.
And the best thing of all is that someone on this board will have played one more session of an actual roleplaying game,

i just want to masturbate to one though

>What matters is to try to make a character who's a person first and foremost, who has interesting motivations, a coherent personality and who doesn't seem "weird". The thing is, you (very likely) know how women act just from growing up in society, and if you don't think too much about it you'll end up better off than if you overthink it.
I get all that, obviously. There's a difference between writing a convincing character and acting them out in a convincing way, and I'm conscious as to the limits in my ability to do either in specific contexts and choose not to go beyond that so that I don't drag down the game, even if it is only in my eyes.

>When I play female characters, I do it because I think "oh, this concept could be a chick too". And because a lot of common character tropes are mainly used in male characters, you can have fun with exploring how they'd manifest in female characters and what their motivations would be.
On the one hand I agree with you, but on the other that's not a line of thinking I like to encourage because people making their stock character a woman instead thinking it somehow makes them more interesting has become its own cliche.

Modern fantasy is so lousy with "stock paladin/barbarian/monk *but a girl!*, isn't that so fresh and interesting?" that it has become a stock character in and of itself. Just look at any Veeky Forums art thread. So I'll leave those characters for female players.

If you're a man playing a female character and doing so as "basically a guy" 90% of the time, why are you doing that? If I'm portraying a woman than I'm going to want them to be particularly feminine, otherwise to me there is no point.

>I wouldn't say that's as big of an issue as you're making it out to be.
I don't consider it a hard and fast rule for everyone, if someone else wants to do so then more power to them. But it's just not something I want to do in that context.

>Female knight
>Office lady
>Veeky Forums girl
My fetishes are way too tame. Any awkwardness with it wouldn't be related to how sexy they are to me, but them being girls in the first place.

Now, if we were to use what I myself find extrmely attractive; Definitely. I could play a smart (Possibly extremely devout and theologically inclined if fantasy) busty and short female without much problem. In fact, now my erection is prominent enough for me to really want to play it some time.

>>Office lady
Lawful Good -tier

I've played female characters before, but like, none of them were sexual
Anyway, my character I'm playing in a magical girl game right now is about as sexual as I think I'll ever get. On one hand, he's a stuttering mess who has an aversion to physical contact. On the other hand, he looks really good in a skirt.

I prefer my OLs Lawful Evil to be quite honest with you famalam

Because generally with people i'm playing with, if you describe something about your character it's generally because its relevant to the character. So unless i plan on doing something with the fact that my character is female, i don't see any reason to make the character female. Same reason why i never mention my character's sexuality and only mention any current relationships when they're relevant. Its also the same reason i tend to just play the race with the most relevant stats.
Whether or not you'd consider the typical differences between the sexes as significant enough to consider it abnormal for your RP is up to you. But i have a dude in our group who plays female characters exclusively and he just makes bland tragedy ridden mary sues. When dealing with him i generally don't acnkowledge his characters sex outside of the occasional flirtation from a nameless npc because i know he'll just "roll her eyes" like he always does.

>do you think you could handle a whole Star Wars campaign as an underage Twi'lek ex-stripper

This is actually sort of my character that I'm playing right now. Except she's 19 now and was a slave acrobatic dancer for a club (basically sensual Cirque du Soleil stuff).

>acrobatic dancer for a club
So "stripper in a PG-13 movie", then?

>PG-13
Have you ever seen a burlesque show? I can't post a direct link because moderation on Veeky Forums is as consistent as an SJW in a mosque, put look for "Banbury Cross - The 9th Annual New Orleans Burlesque Festival" on youtube and tell me that's PG-13.
You're welcome

I would never do so because there is no middle ground. You can be female and make a big point of it but then you are making everyone uncomfortable which is a problem. Or you can be a female but sex never comes up and so that asks the question why are you female?

And not only this but the other players or GM might cause problems for the female character. What happens when one player decides to sleep or rape the female? Or when the Orcs the GM is controlling decides to rape the female character?

>Describe the absolutely most sexually attractive character that you think you'd be able to play constructively with a straight face, and why.

Probably the most attractive character I've played was a Forsaken character with Striking Looks and a Firstborn appearance. It was fine to play mostly seriously, though obviously jokes were made - that kind of thing happens at the table.

>Do you think you'd be a stuttering mess if you played a character with tits

No, though I've never felt any desire to play a female. It's just not a fantasy of mine. I find the idea of being a ranger exciting, I don't find the idea of being female exciting.

>Where does the limit go?

I don't think I'd have a problem with playing a character that uses their sexuality as a social weapon. I don't have much interest in doing so, though. Generally speaking I find you've hit "too far" levels when you're describing your character's luscious curves in every other sentence.

>Do you think you can get anything constructive out of playing a character who's extremely attractive in a sexual way

Sure. There are plenty of opportunities for storytelling that go hand in hand with stuff like this. For example, the aforementioned Werewolf character provoked a lot of fun story stuff, as well as some good inter-party interactions, like one of the other members of the pack avoiding him at first because she was basically pic related as a woof. There was a sort of running joke that developed that the pack would always put my character at the front during meetings, then, because beyond first impressions he had the social presence of mildew, the Elodoth would slip around him to do the actual talking.

>If you'd explain why it's "weird" without resorting to weird projection and using the word "degeneracy" like it means something in 2018, you'd be the first.

Let me take a crack at it. For me, personally, when I roleplay a character, I inject a bit of myself into them, so me identifying them is fairly important.

Whenever I think about playing a female character, I have difficulty making this connection. While that 10% is easy enough for you to take into account, it's enough for me to slip up.

You see, I have a fairly strong masculine identity, meaning I can play masculine characters with ease. Trying to play a female character, on the other hand, creates an uncomfortable dysphoria that I can't overcome.

Mind you, I can write females no problem, or even play them as a DM, but as a PC? No way. You can call it absurd, or recommend that I play a masculine female, but there are some things that you can't ignore, and the discomfort I get from playing females is a big one.

This is just my experience with this, but I hope that it proves that it's not just bigotry or jokes.

My current campaign I am playing the daughter of my previous character. She has very different world views compared to her father, stemming from the resentment she garnered from her father always being out adventuring, and she hates his guts for it, despite him being a hero in some circles. I could've played this character as a dude, sure, but it would've played far differently. She has a general distrust of men and the civilized human races and gets along better with the few beast races she keeps company with, having been a runaway from a young age. It really just depends on the character, and beyond backstory her gender doesn't really crop up.

If you're worried about the table raping your female character, firstly, find a new table, and second, sleep with a dagger.

>You can be female and make a big point of it but then you are making everyone uncomfortable which is a problem. Or you can be a female but sex never comes up and so that asks the question why are you female?

I mean, that's only the case if you have trouble distinguishing between "femininity" and "sexuality." They can, obviously, go hand in hand, but they don't have to. A character can be a feminine woman without being Jessica Rabbit.

Dorothy is feminine but not sexual. Eowyn is feminine but not sexual. Hermione is feminine but not sexual. Ellen Ripley is feminine but not sexual. Your grandma is (I hope) feminine but not sexual.

inb4 "oh yes they are" + R34

I would never do this, because I'm not a massive faggot.

>If you're worried about the table raping your female character, firstly, find a new table, and second, sleep with a dagger.
Indeed, if your GM tries to shove the rape of a PC into your game, it's a good warning siren that they might be THAT GM....

>I mean, that's only the case if you have trouble distinguishing between "femininity" and "sexuality."
Indeed, Eroticism isn't the end-all-be-all of Genders' contribution to a character.

Just an example of how playing a female could lead to problems, everyone might simply just not be on the same page about tone and expectations.

>Just an example of how playing a female could lead to problems, everyone might simply just not be on the same page about tone and expectations.
True, but this could happen with literally anything else...

There is a clear middle ground between those two things, and that's an actually realistic character. Of course a character built around their gender is dumb, and, likewise, a character that has no relation to their gender is dumb, but a defined character that is slightly influenced by their sex is always fine in my book.

I believe he meant 'sex' as in male/female not intercourse. In which case he means femininity. I wouldn't say it would make everyone uncomfortable but making a visibly 'feminine' character could easily break immersion for the other players.

I suppose my magical realm would be a busty Halfling cleric or Gnome Illusionist. I'd probably just play them like a normal person, everyone in my group that I DM is a guy playing a girl except for the Cleric who's based off of a space marine.

Not even really getting how this is a question, let alone one we basically have threads about constantly.

>Do you think you'd be a stuttering mess if you played a character with tits, or do you think you could handle a whole Star Wars campaign as an underage Twi'lek ex-stripper without anyone looking at you weird?

The...the latter? I really can't grok how this is hard for people, or why it's supposed to be. I mean, I guess reading the rest of the thread, like, , makes some sense. Maybe I'm just lucky enough to play in groups who aren't awful.

Here's the deal about all this "magical realm" shit;
It does not have shit to do with people being prudes, or hating sexual subjects. It doesn't have anything to do with "trusting players" - of course any somewhat sensible roleplayer could roleplay a character who encompassed a sexual nature. People do - characters in TV and movies and even GODDAMN KIDS SHOWS have sexual nature's. There were sexual themes in goddamn Avatar.

The problem is that the people who WANT to introduce sexual themes into their characters are IN-FUCKING-VARIABLY the people who lack the maturity and common sense to play that tastefully and interestingly.
And at that point it is a thinly veiled attempt to utilize other people's good graces and forgiving nature for your own sexual gratification. And neither the DM, nor the other players are there for that. They are there to play a game.
It's disrespectful and idiotic.

Think about "How I met your mother" - whether you liked it or not doesn't really matter. Barney Stinson is a highly SEXUAL character. His character is all about sex, but it is not cringey or magical realm. IT RESPECTS THE TONE OF THE TV SERIES. He can spend an entire episode trying to sleep with a middle-aged woman for a laugh, or have a threesome, and it is a FUN GIMMICK that keeps the action rolling and includes the party/cast. Because Neil Patrick Harris is not inserting his sexuality into Barney Stinson. Barney Stinson is a character in a show.
That show has a certain narrative tone.
That he respects.

That's really all there is to it.

>The problem is that the people who WANT to introduce sexual themes into their characters are IN-FUCKING-VARIABLY the people who lack the maturity and common sense to play that tastefully and interestingly.
Not necessarily, again as you've said sensually-charged charged characters can be found pretty much everywhere and thus a likely archetype for a completely legitimate character...
...But if someone is pushing hard for eroticism, then they probably are doing so for a sexual thrill.

>The problem is that the people who WANT to introduce sexual themes into their characters are IN-FUCKING-VARIABLY the people who lack the maturity and common sense to play that tastefully and interestingly.
There are definitely people that can and do play to their character's sexuality without it being distasteful, and a lot more who would be capable of doing so but avoid it because they're afraid of being "That Guy."

I think the rule of thumb, besides just the obvious "understand normal human boundaries and play to tone", is to not equate your own sexuality with the game.
You can play a waifish 14-year-old girl or a muscly barbarian woman or a sultry corporate office worker and have them be a completely worthwhile, interesting character that doesn't creep anyone out... as long as you're doing so for character's sake you have no particular attachment to that archetype. Don't play your fetishes.

My characters are all social Darwinists who consider themselves to be below the bar of what type of person deserves to progress into the future. Unfortunately, they're good at fighting, so most people end up below their bar.

>Roleplaying as a hobby has a very large concentration of socially inept, mentally ill people with filter problems.
This is true. Anyone who's played an MMO or watched a speedrunning event knows this first hand.

>Maybe I'm just lucky enough to play in groups who aren't awful.
That's good for you, user. I still prefer playing with well-adjusted people who will call me out if I say something insane, or if someone else does.

I think if you're making a "sexy" female character, a good question to ask is "If this were a live-action film, who would play them?" If the best answer you can come up with is "[This Instagram thot with great tits that I really like]" instead of any real-world actress, then you're probably picturing your character as too egregiously sexual to believably be anything other than whatever the setting equivalent of an Instagram ho is.

But it's important to remember that, especially if you're playing Unknown Armies, WoD or that kind of modern fantasy, that sometimes "an Instagram ho" is a viable character concept.

Strong scarred chick who isn't afraid to get into heavy melee combat.

I know I can do it because I already have.

I really think I have a snoosnoo fetish or something cause chicks like this drive me nuts and I can't figure out why. As for people looking at me weird while I so it.
Eh I guess? I'm not the only player at the table who's done a female as a character so that's not a issue and I'm also notn r he only one whose worn their "preferences" on their sleeve while doing so so there's that too.

I guess I'm just lucky I've got a group with players as brain damaged as me?

>sometimes "an Instagram ho" is a viable character concept
Of course, as is the high-society femme fatale, the Old West saloon girl, the suave face for a gang of criminals- all people for whom being uncommonly attractive would make sense, and all people for whom sexuality forms a major part of how they operate and would be intrinsic to playing them.

But you get into trouble when your character is a tough lady adventurer who's here to kill monsters and doesn't care about any of that "girl stuff"- but also has an awesome F-cup rack and legs for days stuffed in knee-high boots and long flowing shampoo commercial hair.
There's a difference between being attractive and being a sex object, and a lot of people seem to miss it.

But your character isn't limited to "a tough lady adventurer who's here to kill monsters and doesn't care about girl stuff".
Especially the games that I mentioned, but modern fantasy in general as well, has a lot more misfit characters and people who have to deal with the shit they're in despite being unfit for it.
The character didn't necessarily choose to be an adventurer - they were most likely involved suddenly without their consent, and an Instagram ho is just as likely to be involved and just as suited for being a PC as anyone else who got involved.
One of them caught up in some kind of supernatural mystery would be just as much of a person as anyone else (a person acting a stereotype doesn't mean they actually think like that), and they have skills they can lend just like anyone else.
You seem to be operating on the assumption that being very sexually attractive straight-out disqualifies you from being useful. First off, characters aren't always the most fun in situations that fit them the most - and second off, everyone's a person and has a personality that can be played.
It's the same as being a scribe in a D&D game. You're probably a wizard or a knowledge monkey and can lend your skills, just as an Instagram ho likely has social skills and knows how to use social media to do terrible things to people - but a scribe belongs on a battlefield as much as an Instagram whore does, and yet you don't see anyone complaining about people's wizards being scribes as backstories.
At one point, try playing a character like that and focus on making them a person. I guarantee you'll have more fun and feel less gross than you thought - if you do feel gross, it'll probably be at the point where you realize that the character you brushed off as "a sex object and thus useless" naturally comes off as just as human as anyone else.
I'm not even a Tumblrite. I just know from experience that roleplaying can do a lot more than some people think.

Hollywood thots are just instagram thots who made it big while generally being less beefy. You know the old joke: there are no average women in movies. Only hot ones and ugly ones.

>You seem to be operating on the assumption that being very sexually attractive straight-out disqualifies you from being useful.
No, I'm just pointing out that there is a gap between regular people who happen to be attractive and people for whom maintaining, accentuating and leveraging their attractiveness is a fundamental part of their lives, and that they should be played differently.

Then we agree this far.
Do you then also agree that since not all games have the D&D format where adventuring is an occupation, there are games where it's viable and rewarding to play one of those characters?
A lot of modern fantasy games take characters by surprise, and a lot of the fun is roleplaying how the characters respond to being involved in the plot.
Sure, your average Instagram thot wouldn't join a monster-hunting group for fun - but if some weird phenomenon was raging across the social media in an UA game, deleting first people's profiles, then erasing the person without a trace, they would almost have no choice but to get involved.
In the end, some of the characters that have the most roleplaying opportunities and character development are characters who seem absurdly unfit for doing what they have to do, but have no choice - it's a narratively and thematically sound character concept most of the time, and it avoids the phenomenon where for example D&D characters are built to be such a perfect fit for their role that they never actually have to interact with the world.

>Do you then also agree that since not all games have the D&D format where adventuring is an occupation, there are games where it's viable and rewarding to play one of those characters?
Of course, why wouldn't I? I think it's viable and rewarding to play those kinds of characters even within the context of a traditional fantasy game like D&D. Hence why I provided examples of other similar character archetypes that would also have worth within those games.
I feel like you're ascribing viewpoints to me that I didn't imply. I did make a point of attaching a piece of art depicting feminine women doing something other than just being attractive to all my posts to get the point of "these are interesting people with value beyond their sexuality" across.

I wasn't suggesting that people should ignore especially feminine characters in favor of ones with overt combat usefulness, but rather the complete opposite- that people shouldn't make their lady knights and barbarians double as supermodels just by virtue of them being women.

I never do immersion. tRPG are like real-time movie-making to me, thanks to my observer attitude and very vivid, cinematic imagination.

That said, I rather prefer watching/reading about female protagonists. Hence, I'd rather play a female character too.

Never had any problem with it in my group. It also helps you with DMing later on, because as a DM you will inevitably need to portray female NPCs, and inability to do so adequately ruins everyone else's immersion.

It also kind of helps that I have, how should I put it, an androgynous personality. I'm not attracted to males sexually, but I pick up girly mannerisms pretty easily, and don't find it strange or anything.

Also-also, I should probably mention that I live in a country where it's considered normal for guys to use cosmetics, in moderation, and shave body hair clean. Feminine boys are a trend here, generally.

You mean the sexiest male character for girls to get wet to, or do you mean the sexiest female character for me to fap to? If the latter, I don't fap to my RPG characters. The only exception is that one text flash game where I make a loli catgirl prostitute and have here fucked by all monsters. But that doesn't belong to Veeky Forums.

>
Also-also, I should probably mention that I live in a country where it's considered normal for guys to use cosmetics, in moderation, and shave body hair clean. Feminine boys are a trend here, generally.

>Sverige
>Ja

Sounds like a bunch of faggots trying to convince everyone that they aren't faggots.

I mean I'm a raging fag but why would I play a girl? That's like the opposite of what I'm attracted to. Maybe transgender people sure but actual gay people would play a guy I think. I know I do.

It's amazing you managed to read only the parts that fit your stereotypes.
What do you actually feel when you "conveniently" skip over the dozens of posts that discuss tangible roleplaying benefits and the ways to get there, just to focus on the three or four posts made by false-flaggers that fit all your stereotypes?
And most importantly, why do you feel the duty to bump this thread just to say we must all be faggots for wanting to play both halves of humanity?
I guess it's true what they say about denial. The most flaming ones are always the ones who deny it the most, and you can tell because they care a lot more than everyone else.

>Slovenian

Stop sexualising my nationality.

You are small time.

If you're not working in alien psychology, biological incompatibility with the environment, and alien morality systems, you aren't permitted to speak to me about any attempt at characterization being difficult.

I don't do that often, but I've wrestled with it a few times.
I didn't post this thread because I didn't know the answer or I thought it was difficult - I did it because I want to finally hear one of the manically chanting bandwagon neocons explain why sexuality is inherently degenerate.

Well, one way to play a dickgirl is to state that she is female and list the following characteristics: odorless sweat, no monthly hormone storm or rage, barely any body hair.
You don't need to explicitly say that she is intersex (aka. girl with male genitals). You can just imply it. Funny thing is, I think most female characters go to this category simply because it is a reduction of disgust factors.

Forgot one: can't get pregnant.

>this butthurt
>assumes things

Dansk?

Så havde jeg sgu ret.
En eller anden dag må du introducere mig til en svensker, der ved hvad en joke er.
Jeg havde ikke engang tænkt mig at få dit pis i kog.

But user, that's the best kind of monk.
If your monk isn't straight out of Fist of the North Star you're doing something wrong.

Thats a touch subjective, would you rathervtalk about an overly sexual character.

As a player I’m not sure I could play a character I found overtly and heavily attractive while playing into any of my kinks well, or comfortably with my normal gaming groups.

NPCs, sure, for pulled out of my ass circumstances like a Firbolg pit fighter wild/party girl whose looking for some aggressive fun in and out of thr ring specifically to throw a reserved character off their balance and game.

Or unexpectedly dealingg with a player deciding they’re all in on a quaint social encounter when a sorceress went all in toward chatting up a young dwarven lass in simple clothes working as a chicken farmer...

When I instigate it, its easy to do shenanigans like that. Especially purposefully. When a player does it, and is a girl themselves, I think I get a bit flustered.

“Okay, I’m shifting from a dedicated npc voice in this exchange to describing their replies because I’ve gotten a bit uncomfortable,” i’ll dissect the exchange more on my own later because it was recent and I have it from three camera angels on film, but still. I should have been braced for it.

Den roliga saken är att jag är inte svensk. Jag råkar bara känna svenska, bara lite. Memerna, dock.

>alien psychology
Darmok and Jalad, at Tanagra.

This can be super dope if you do it right.

>biological incompatibility with the environment
This one I'd like to hear more on, though. How does this not always go basically the same way?