Why not let the bad guys win for once? What's the worst that could happen?

Why not let the bad guys win for once? What's the worst that could happen?

That's a really shitty anime.

They prevent my players from raping. That’s actually good.

This makes them sound like they're the good guys.

>What's the worst that could happen?
That thing the bad guys wanted to happen?

For starters, everyone and everything will die.

A God of Death going batshit insane ain't no joke.

Ancient Death Priest turns the sun in to a sapient entity which bleeds evil and madness (with the help of Tiamat who he then betrays) via its cosmic rays to kill off the Gods and most life on the world. He then imprisons it and siphons its energy (along with the energy released from dying Gods) which plunges his new realm into eternal darkness. He then uses his new found powers to travel to higher planes of existence and do shit there. Simply put at least.

Oh and to him it is not wholly evil. He understands that he must commit genocide of all life in his universe, but it is all for the purpose of continuing the cycle of life and death without stagnation and entropy. Where the universe sits now is simply a single rung on the great ladder of cosmic evolution and without him doing something to climb up - it will simply hit an "evolutionary dead end" and entropy will eventually end it.

>bad guys win
>Poor people stay poor
>rich people stay rich
>rain falls
>sun shines
>people are born
>people die
>turns out bad guys just want power more than they want to really change anything
>also turns out "bad guy" is a simplification we use for five year olds and daytime TV

We don't need another 40k or Age of Sigmar setting

>Age of Sigmar
>bad guys win, but not really
>40k
>bad guys will surely win, but for now, they will not

Yaeh, I kinda like OP's idea. A world where the bad guys won, and good people have to live in a real shitty, grimdark enviroment. Like, every lord is a Dark Lord and the end is nigh, but not nigh enough not to let a few generations of poor people suffer under all the darkness.

>Why not let the bad guys win for once?
New to media in general?

Well welcome to 201X user, you'll like it here. We have internet and streaming TV. I suggest you actually watch a few programs of your choice. You may find them inspiring.

We also have books, in particular I think you might like the style of art and writing commonly known as "Comic" often collecting in flat loose leaf pages.

Check them out, you might like what you find.

The bank gets robbed, I guess.

One of the WH40k gaunt's ghost they are in a enemy controlled planet by a CHAOS army. Literal people being forced to scrawl in walls random symbol until they see a chaos one, literal demon scare crows setup everywhere to be activated by psykers to use as law enforcement, literal sucking the planet resources dry to the fucking Bone of its people and complete subjugation to chaos as people become pale, scrawny and smeagol like. Pretty much your average communist regime

Gaunt's ghost book*

That's awesome. Which book?

Traitor General

Book by Dan Abnett

But I advise reading the whole series leading to that book

Depends on how bad the bad guys are. Letting Cthulhu and friends win would probably be an apocalyptic event that scorches the earth clean. Letting an ambitious lord with visions of conquest win might have long term benefits (see: Rome).

Depends whether or not you enjoy the idea of a telepathic communal hive mind that exists in a upper layer of reality infecting all of humanity to integrate it into its weird empire that spans multiple universes. Our weird empire now I guess because we've become a part of it. Hey on the bright side your consciousness will live forever and you will never die since your stored in the upper reality now.

Do Gaunt's Ghosts really have to be read in order, or is it just advisable, but can be read as standalone novels?

You know, like, Horus Heresy novels technically have a chronological order, but more often than not it doesn't make a difference (partially due to childish writing, but that's a different story)

Your race, history, and culture, is wiped out.

Not stand alone although it has a quick resume and introduce each character in each book but the whole context and character building over the books is lost by reading one apart. Really cool series lots of great chaos vs IG, world building, great and relatable characters and very grim dark Warhammerish, bit of like GOT and brothers in arm inside the 40k verse. Personal best Warhammer series followed by Horus heresy and the macharian crusades books.

>interesting lore and world-building
>cool sci-fi ideas
>gross monsters and grim violence
>plot is dull with an autistic MC
>he winds up with his monstergirl waifu in the end
It's basically everything Veeky Forums claims to want

eh, not really, most of the ideas are reused from older works, the only addition is real characters instead of his usual autists.

plus the ending felt rushed af, but confirms that there is a deeper meaning to all this shit that only oldfags can get, still not his greatest work.

Oh boy, you have no idea...

This actually happened... Mostly due to the fact that my party was convinced the opera (titled "The Red Herring") that the big bad invited them too was actually the magic ritual he was performing, and not in any way a means to keep them from actually finding the ritual that was happening at the same time... Thus resulted in him becoming one if the kings if the Abyss, and thus resulted in tge paladin equivalent player making a deal with an even more powerful alien God to defeat him, at the price of a considerable chunk of his soul...

Eldritch abomination returns to world primordial Truth: Universe hates you and wishes that you were never born. Collective spirit of humanity gets broken, number of suicides surge and life in general becomes suffering which ends only with death.

What's the name of this shit?

Knights of Sidonia.

sidonia no kishi, or in english "knights of sidonia", sponsored by netflix and animated by polygon studios so beware.

Oh god fuck that, I watched five minutes of that once and refuse to watch anymore.

He'd kill millions...

>Literally dooms humanity
>In Canon

>It's basically everything Veeky Forums claims to want
>all of Veeky Forums is X

wew lad

>what’s the worst that could happen? Literally white genocide followed by black supremacy. And nothing of value was lost

Death isn't that bad, the afterlife is right around the corner.

Source?

>animated by polygon studios so beware.

What does this mean

You mean like all anime?

Well that's going to happen anyway.

A republican congress.

thanks for clarifying the things you described were literal, otherwise I would have thought you were speaking in metaphors. Fucking blithering idiot. Why does every dipshit on this board spam literal when describing "crazy" shit about 40k?

>user 1: Uhm can somebody explain how Space Marines are born?
>user 2: Well it's fucking unbelievable, bear with me: they chose the strongest teenagers out of literally the most deadly of worlds and make put them through insane trials that literally kill 99% of them. Those that survive they literally implant organs that let them literally spit acid or breth in space, innit crazy? Admire my knowledge and be impressed by the information I'm spouting, you better love the lore now

user are you literally retarded

So if the party had already started - should I bother with Sidonia? I wanted to read the manga, but it appears very shoneny, with school life, teen cast, powercreep and all.
I dig the blame dude's style, but I don't want to stick my penis into another powerfantasy for kids.

Is it some cuck fetish hentai game? It appears that the child isn't from her husband and the baby knows it.

>Merchandise sold by the company somehow invalidates the meaning of the source material
Now I don't think Eva is very deep, but that argument is just stupid

People will be hurt. I will not let that happen.

Hey user: what did you expect your post would bring? People admiring your arcane knowldedge about geopolitical situations? Your uncanny level of sapience regarding the current state of western society? Were you expecting some innocent newfag to ask you to further spout your pol regurgitations and praise you for redpilling him? Where the fuck do you think we are idiot? We've all been to pol, and we've all ended up leaving that toxic shithole for other boards, only to be followed EVERYWHERE by you fucking monotheme autists.

WHY DID YOU BRING UP POL IN AN UNRELATED BOARD? IN AN UNRELATED THREAD? FUCKING WHY? WHAT DRIVES YOU? CAN'T YOU JUST FUCK OFF?

I kind of agree. But you still can draw the line between. Merchandise is sold to the target group of the source material. And I agree that you shouldn't judge a product solely by its consumers, but it can net you some understanding of it. I'm not supporting the premise of this picture, but it isn't completely invalid also.

People'll lose hope. And I made it my mission to bring them the hope they need.

Look at the photo in the frame, Jack.

Never cared about MGS.
So all of the grins are shopped also?

In the last campaign I was a part of?
Reality unmaking itself and collapsing, because the bad guys would've been so busy killing the Gods that they wouldn't have noticed the collapse before it was too late.
It was almost too late as it was, but we managed to pull it off through sheer luck and calling in several favors, some of which we didn't know we had.

Nope, smug just runs in the family.

>implying any of these things matter in the first place

Just make more culture off the top of your head you uncreative piece of shit.

The cast shrinks dramatically, and the powercreep continues but there are long development periods for new weapons. It’s just not very good, just like all his other work.

It’s called a joke, user.

Ok, let's see.

Villain number 1: All of the world is plugged into an eternal advertising machine and they watch shitty commercials and sitcoms forever.

Villain number 2: Everyone except him is transformed into a zombie that are his to command. Even insects.

Villain number 3: Kills everyone except a handful of test lab subjects so that he could do his experiments in peace. He wants the whole world for that.

Villain number 4: Just likes to eat. He is not against eating people and their pets too. So he just gonna eat everyone and then starve because he is too dumb to think about future.

Villain number 5: There is not much known about it, cause it was locked a long time ago in an eternal prison but by some records and circumstantial evidence it seems this "guy" is a tentacle rape machine with no brakes.

CHILDREN ARE CRUEL, JACK

>Why not let the bad guys win for once? What's the worst that could happen?

Have you not seen the state of American government?

Our last election was a choice between a narcissistic psychopath and a psychopathic narcissist.

Traitor worshiping conspiracy flat earthers tell us literal Nazis have the right to roam our streets and terrorize people in the name of free speech but no one is allowed to kneel during the national anthem or want to take down monuments to slavery put up to intimidate blacks during the post Jim Crow era.

The Florida legislature just told a bunch of children that their lives have so little meaning that they wouldn't even consider having a discussion about the 2nd Amendment a week after those kids watched their friends be gunned down.

The president is ordering the justice department to investigate why the previous administration didn't take action against Russia. Ignoring the fact that they did and that the current president is the one that reversed the action and then refused when Congress, with unusual bipartisan support, told him to take action.

America is now engaged in some weird/depressing Lord of the Flies/1984 live action roleplay and will be until the Baby Boomers die off because the shit show we have of a minority party doesn't understand that sucking off the Clintons is a losing strategy.

This is why you don't let evil win. Ever. America, right now, is a LE plutocracy that is almost tripping over itself into becoming a CE evangelical theocracy.

>being this truggered by pol anything remotely relating to race or politics is pol
Did you even watch the film? His endgame was literally white genocide, followed by African supremacy

defunct webcomic for the escapist, I think it was Critical Miss. Filename says Nerf Now for some reason, totally different comic.

Well, okay, in order:
My first villain would have... forged an alliance between the parties ancient but isolated kingdom that hosts plentiful ancient artifacts but also xenophobic idiots and the villains nation of highly skilled martial artists who were seeking alliances and trying to eventually forge the greater region into one big conglomerate they could turn against the forces of death and darkness on their borders, and help resist the even bigger imperialistic superpower over the sea after it recovers from its civil war that is giving him the opportunity to try this. He was a bad guy because he consorted with demons (the misunderstood kind) and that's about it.

My second antagonist would have opened a portal to hell underneath the characters mountain fortress-city. Probably the city would be conquered and forces of hell would spill out and conquer some stuff. Life would go on - demons can't survive in sunlight, so they would still have use for mortals even after conquering anyway.

Third antagonist threatens to, in the grand scheme of things, destroy the world. That would be bad. In the interim, though, all he really wants is to take over the parties kingdom for its artifacts and factories, cover the region in darkness, and spend a few centuries consolidating and farming the population for corpses. Life goes on with marginally worse amenities, but other than a change of view most everybody survives.

I have a habit of making antagonists that would, if they win, leave behind a setting / nation I can still use. Mostly because I like to toy with the idea of heroes rising up from the populace in that post-apocalyptic setting.

it's in the name, their animation is experimental 3d that looks like anime.

honestly, it doesn't even compare with BLAME academy in terms of comedy, Nihei just tried to make his characters non-autistic real humans for once, if you read everything he did the deep lore / references to his other works might interest you, but it's not as good as what he did in the past.

no i didn't watch the fil im not american

... to save billions.

I'll choose door number 5, Monty.

I second Jesus christ dude, that's too much even for this board broad acceptance borders for ackhully'ing.

that's why he's the bad guy? What's your point?

No, you fight until the bitter end you faggot.

Really? I thought it was good apart from about half the second series which seemed out of place and was too slice of lifey.

I kind of tend to agree even though I enjoy Evangelion and it's basic message. The same principle goes for Star Wars merchandising being thrown on everything from oranges to baby wipes to coka cola.

>what’s your point
OP asked “why not let the bad guy win, what’s the worse that could happen?”
And I answered with White genocide, which is what his endgame was. If killmonger won, The worse that would happen is literal, not pol memes white genocide followed by Africans ruling over the rest of the races and white being reduced to second class citizens. Basically he wanted to reverse the roles of blacks and whites using wakandas advanced tech and resources.

Hey, you didn't respond to

with your angry rant. Did he bring politics or just shit you don't like?

Applesponge elsewhere faggot.

Yes but not all at the same time, which is the main problem.

The God of Death is supposed to chill in the afterlife and act as a guide for newly deceased souls. When he decides to take a more proactive approach and starts genociding everything that lives, it's a bit of a bother.

>Not letting the hero win but making thing worse

Villain = bad guy is such a overused clichè

I was going to lambast you for bringing /pol/itics into Veeky Forums but for once, it's actually appropriate.

You're just a fucktard.

If the bad guy is going to win make it so that their plans don't involve mindless slaughter or the boring main,kill,burn crap.

Motb did it well with it's "Evil" ending.
IMO it was the BEST and most interesting ending,but these chaotic and neutral good pussies disagree.

Lawful evil win ending tend to be the most interesting ending as they have a plan and reason to do it

not a bad appraisal actually, but there is more to several aspects of what you said.
Granted that 'more' is just more evil, but yeah.

Honestly, not much within a time frame that matters. The characters in my campaign are fighting against a nascent sort of power. It wouldn't obtain enough influence to matter within their lifetimes, or several generations afterward, and they know it, but they're dedicated to push forward and squash it anyway. One of the major themes of the campaign has been how and why to fight against something that most of the world has decided to ignore and defer to others.

Well an entire planet full of innocent people is gonna get exterminatussed to cover his crimes and he’s gonna get away with it

>Lawful evil win ending
Would the mr house ending in new Vegas qualify as one of these?

House wasn't even close to being evil. The worst thing he could possibly do was killing Kings off for making up with NCR settlers.

Nothing world-ending or continent-changing, but a lot of people will suffer and die who didn't have to, the bad guys will take copious notes and move on to new projects, and nobody will notice.

>The Florida legislature just told a bunch of children that [...] the 2nd Amendment [...]

shall not be infringed

now fuck off

>shall not be infringed

No but it shall be interpreted. It could also be changed by a another amendment, due to it's nature as a living document. I mean, America has changed it's amendments in the past, unless you consider the removal of the Twenty-first Amendment an equally heinous crime.

>changed by a another amendment

good luck

The choice is made.