Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

C U T E Edition

Previous Thread: DoK week
Part 1 - warhammer-community.com/2018/02/19/daughters-khaine-part-1-daughters-khainegw-homepage-post-3/
Part 2 - warhammer-community.com/2018/02/20/daughters-khaine-part-2-morathi-shadow-queen/

Resources
>pastebin.com/cPgyVjT6 (embed) (embed)

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules
General's Handbook 2017
>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0
Legions of Nagash
>mega.nz/#!L44kEbRJ!VooTlhCe_WTmf5SFEds_wni8Z0EQDfBBsB1KBY_8ZW4
Malign Portents
>mega.nz/#!7x5hgZZL!l3KcjIUfNjDbEhjFeH31M9mRFfPf03yUFuN-jMU1JBg

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

malignportents.com/story/beyond-the-walls/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for president kroak

BUILD THAT WALL

YEAR OF DEATH MORE LIKE YEAR OF FUCKING SHIT

There has been a lack of stormcast shitposting this week. Did the europoor finally kill himself?

That’s alot of FW reps! Does it take that many to carry in that shitty Khorne Dragon? Or will they actually show off some NEW stuff

Year of Death. More like Year of Two Aelf Armies and Slaanesh, amirite?

You are quickly becoming just as bad as the slavposter you know

user, you will be soon as annoying as the slavshit. Just post it when he is actually shitposting

>will soon be
>not already moreso

3 of them are painters

It's not so easy to be as bad as the slavshit

SooOOOOoon

>Was really curios about AOS after finishing up my 40k army
>Start looking into it
>Looks like Lizardmen and Tomb Kings both got shafted lorewise

Can anyone fill me in on what is actually happening with these factions? I know very little so I might be wrong in my early assumptions. (I'm hoping.)

Best image

Tomb Kings don't exist anymore and have been written out of the setting. Hardstop, Tomb Kings do not exist.

Lizardmen are now Order Daemons that are summoned by Slaan who fly around the Mortal Realms in their star pyramids and summon in their Daemons based on their memories of the World-That-Was. They are now autistic Pepes who fight bad guys with armies of make-believe friends.

Lizardmen are basically the same as they were.

Just replace spawning pools with slaan magic. And cold blood with magic blood.

Why do you call everyone who hates Stormkikes Europoor?
Are you actually retarded enough to think only one person disagrees with you?

Tomb Kings are ded
Lizardmen are still around, they exist as Order Daemons that live on a higher plane, in fact lore-wise they actually participate in events a lot more that WHF Lizardmen ever did

Rules-wise they're pretty top tier with overall solid units and synergy

Don’t know what god to paint my Slaves to Darkness as. I want to do a mixed army with one of the god’s allegiances

Slann are now the oldest living creatures in AoS universe. They still hate chaos so they are summoning their lizzy warriors - now fused with Azyr magic. Seraphon are not just mindless minions - they have personalities and shit but now they are magical beings

Great Horned Rat

needs more flying pyramid space ships

>Don’t know what god to paint my Slaves to Darkness as
Don't to it. I'm painting my dudes with a neutral steel paint scheme. I'm magnetizing their heads and banners to swap between different colours when picking a mark of chaos

>Stormkikes
Ding ding ding, we found the slav

I'm neither european nor slavic you delusional fuck

I was going to mix them with mortals from a specific faction, anything but Nurgle, and I want their colours to match

That'd be silly and goofy. I approve.

Bonus points if you mount your cavalry on wolfrats and have Rat Ogres pulling your chariots and shrine.

Slaanesh

Then paint them to fit whatever you want to play with. I find quite stupid to stick with any god when playing StD for good - the whole point of this faction is to swap between gods if you want to try something new

Malal.

>You are quickly becoming just as bad as the slavposter you know
>user, you will be soon as annoying as the slavshit.

unironically this

SC is obnoxious on its own. worse when shitposted about

>StD composed of humans that worship the Great Horned Rat with Stormvermin as Chaos Warriors
Holy shit, I love this.

>Tombkings are gone
>Lizardmen are now Deamons
Aw man....
Tombkings were my top choice too!
This blows harder than I thought.
What happened to the Tomb Kings in the lore? This they just blow up with the rest of the world?

>This they just blow up with the rest of the world?

Basically, yeah. I'm honestly surprised GW didn't retain their newer kits, the big undead snake monsters and statues and things, even if they were just mixed into the other Death minifactions.

user, it have been over 2 years since the WHFB death. I'm quite surprised that people are still coming here and pretending that they have no idea about TK being squatted. If you like them so much why you were not playing WHFB when it was still alive?

Arkhan the Black is still kicking around
Him and those Morghast still have a pretty Egyptian flavour green stuff your skellies and other units to compliment that style and you're good to go

AoS is a big fucking sandbox, anything can be in it

I wasn't into wargames until recently and when AOS happened I was still 100% committed to 40k
>The black pyramid was a dimension hopping spaceship
Can this be made canon?

Nothing happened to the Tomb Kings in lore because they don't exist in the current lore.

Yeah, some of their kits were showing their age, but all of those kits that come out in 6th were still looking fucking great. Warsphinxes and Necrosphinxes, Necro Knights and Sepulchral Stalkers, Ushabti, all those heroes. And given that they still sell that fucking awful zombies? It's a real goddamn shame. Though as a former TK player, I've found it hilarious how much dosh I can get out of old models and spare kits I had laying around. The fact that I can sell three resin Ushabti for $150 is fucking hilarious.

Those sets could be easily painted in some not-desert colors and would remain great.

Because Kirby is retarded. They easily took the worst sculpts of VC(ghouls) and made a whole faction with neat lore out of them. You cant tell me that they couldn’t have taken the better sculpts of the TK line and done something cool with them. Not only that, but killing FB and relaunching it with four grand alliances but taking more than half of the models from one of the alliances and removing them, that was dumb as fuck

>Him and those Morghast still have a pretty Egyptian flavour
Nigga's got a beard. That's it, fullstop.

>don't exist
Doesn't mean they didn't used to exist.

New portents story.

malignportents.com/story/beyond-the-walls/

They do actually exist. They were mentioned in one of the Realmgate wars books, they just don’t have models anymore. Not only that but Necrosphinxes have even appeared in AoS

khorne, of course

It's funny how Order is made from 6 WHFB factions, Chaos is 4 WHFB factions, Destruction is 2 WHFB factions and Death is just 1 WHFB faction.

Wrong.

No you tard, you can look it up yourself

The entire concept of the Grand Alliances make no sense. Ghouls are literally like Orcs or Ogres from relationships standpoint. And we can see that basically everyone and their mom being Order is also bullshit, even more if you consider that a lot of those Order factions will happily destroy each other.

It would be like if in 40k Necrons and Imperium would be considered a single faction just because they once made a common front against Tyranids or Chaos.

Wrong.

Order just describe the general mentality of a faction and the likeliness of them allying. That's it. Don't make a big deal over nothing.

despite your trips the Grand Alliances are undoubtedly retarded and poorly implemented. Being able to ally based on the points limit is a neat idea but an allies matrix would probably be better, maybe a relatively simple one, like "can take as ally" vs "will kill each other"

>but an allies matrix would probably be better,
Each individual faction already has this you complete faggot

My Seraphon cant ally with anyone but Stormcast unless I play Grand Alliance

>Seraphon HAVE to go with Stormcast unless they are Grand Alliance

I just wish they’d make the Grand Alliance benefits better or something so us players who don’t have a Battletome can at least still be competitive.

I'm not making a big deal, I'm just stating the facts. Which are that GA are a concept that wasn't tough out at all. It basically boils down to "love chaos", "doesn't care about chaos", "hates chaos", and "is spooky".

I know, this makes Grand Alliances even more retarded, you have to be aware of this.
The allies matrix being poorly implemented does not make it a bad idea, but Grand Alliances are a bad idea that's been poorly implemented.

Why is that bad?

Each individual faction in the grand alliance has its own goals and playstyle. The Grand Alliance is a way of justifying Your Dudes

>I just wish they’d make the Grand Alliance benefits better or something
Yeah, no. GW can't make a balanced soup system. Just look at the 40k - you can have balanced battletome/allegiance abilities faction OR OP soup shitfest

Order just have the overwhelming consensus that Chaos, Destruction and Death is enough of a pain in the ass to be ignored over political squabbling.

>im going to keep saying that grand alliances are a bad idea and not give a single reason why I think thats the case
Why should anyone care about your opinion

Because they make no sense, there's no reason for some of these factions to be allied beyond these dumb keywords, and some things could clearly ally with others outside their faction while others still fit the description of more than one alliance.
Grand Alliances like this limit the game and future alliance based mechanics for no reason, and then they couldn't even implement them well.

Because it's stupid to base your game on four big factions when there is a gigantic unbalance between them and some of the subfractions in the biggest factions are bigger than one of those faction.

How waac/cheese are Beastclaw Raiders considered? I'm just getting to aos, and really like them. + low model count is a plus for me, cause I have other projects on paint table too.

Y'know, that'd actually work work pretty well as far as letting you play Verminus and actually be relevant. Stormvermin as Chaos Warriors, Clanrats as Marauders, kitbash together some knights by mounting Skaven on Wolf Rats, chariots leashed to Rat Ogres. Grey Seers as Sorcerers, Warlords as Chaos Lords.

>hey we both hate chaos so lets team up this time so we can defeat them together

>IT JUST
>DOESNT
>MAKE
>ANY
>SENSE
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

They are utter dogshit and anything with a half-viable army will wipe you every single game you play. They used to be utter WAAC cheese, but they got nerfed down into irrelevance.

I'd probably be more afraid of a Greenskinz list than anything BCR bring to the table.

>Grand Alliances like this limit the game and future alliance based mechanics for no reason, and then they couldn't even implement them well.
So play open play? Grand Alliance restriction only exists in matched play

>i want an equal number of models in every faction
Why does this matter

They are retarded because they shoehorn gameplay into rigid blocks that are extremely unbalanced between them for fluff reason, except that it doesn't even manage to follow fluff at all, as we have both Order and Destruction subfractions that make more sense to fight allied with chaos than with some of their "allies"

>this one thing is fine so the rest of the system is fine
>I can't see the flaws because they don't affect me
get yourself checked for autism then kill yourself
Why would playing the game in an even worse system make it better?

They were WAAC and unfun to play against in GHB2017 but in GHB18 they were nerfed far too much

Theyre not a bad army by any means but they'll struggle against the top tier armies. I wouldnt expect to see them winning many tournaments.

They used to have a one good unit that was used in OP soup but got nerfed so fuckin hard they are now low-tier at best. Still, GW is changing their rules every year so they can turn out to be a high-tier again in few months. Only newbies and people not getting how this game works are still thinking that BCR are good.
Anyway, I think they are a great army hobby-wise. Fluffy, cheap as fuck (3 start collecting boxes are enough to run a 2500pts army) and elite. Literally a baby-first army if you don't care about competitive

>open play
>vomitinganimegirls.jpg

Stormcast allied with both Ironjaws and Death against Chaos. Fyreslayers also worked for Chaos.

What is retarded is not that the gameplay allow you to reflect alliances, is how some alliances are arbitrarly allowed and other not on seemingly random basis.

>heh no thanks i only play mature game modes for a mature gamer like myself...

>is how some alliances are arbitrarly allowed and other not on seemingly random basis.
But those restrictions only exist in matched play.

You are playing a game mode with specific rules meant to balance the game more, and then complaining that those rules exist and they cause the game to be imbalanced? That's some serious retard doublethink.

Why not just play open play? Or use house rules?

Okay, that's kind of relief. We have pretty nice group at LGS, and I don't want to get the waacfag stamp immediately by playing BCR

Yea, not thinking getting on comp. Even if I do, it will be at before mentioned LGS and there are the usual people playing there, so it will be mostly for fun

>GHB18
what?

>Why does this matter

Because you have shit like the free cities campaign, where the Order faction steamrolled everything because it was literally the size of every other faction combined. Or because Order has shit coming out for it almost every month while Death and destruction are literally starved to death for releases

>open play
Playing with no rules doesn't fix the rules.
>homebrew
We shouldn't need to fix GW's shit

Generals Handbook 2018

>No houserules
>In a fucking tabletop wargame
>Being this autistic

>The rules aren't shit because you can change or ignore them

Also nobody play Open Play.

Now that Corpse Carts are actually relevant for all factions, what'd'ya think about a conversion of sorts to mount this fucker on the top of a litter being carried by a legion of loyal skeletons? The current corpsecart is pretty shitty, and I reckon something like this would fit the motif pretty well.

Yeah, but you're retarded. It was GHB17 that nerfed them to the ground. GHB18 will be the one released this year.

I never said I didn't use them, just that we're on a thread in an image board specifically for discussing the game, if you're going to defend the games rules don't do so by telling people not to use them you fucking retard.

Let's get back at it: what is that you would like to see in the upcoming AOSRP?

That's not a thing yet.

That’s what I was thinking. I’d like to also throw some big monster in as an ally. Just don’t know which units to grab from bloodbound and which to take from slaves

Age of Sigmar?

More like Age of Smegma!

>Because you have shit like the free cities campaign, where the Order faction steamrolled everything because it was literally the size of every other faction combined.
GW sets up a campaign poorly, news at 11

>Or because Order has shit coming out for it almost every month while Death and destruction are literally starved to death for releases
Why does the grand alliance matter? I play Seraphon and I don't give a fuck about the DOK (or any elf faction) coming out even though they are another Order faction

>Also nobody play Open Play.
Ah yes the "i dont like it so obviously nobody else likes it" fallacy

Age of Sigmar is soon to be over

Age of Sigvald is coming

I mean there are deserts in Shyish. So while no, the faction does not exist per se, you can still justify them in the fluff quite easily. That's what I do with mine.

Probably everything in the kbb line is better than slaves to darkness.

Give it up mate, Sigvald will never be a meme.

>It doesn't matter if shit for my army that I can use come out almost every month while other factions get at best a single release each year because I only like a small subset of them

Ah yes the "i dont like it so obviously nobody else likes it" fallacy

I mean, only because he isn't a meme. He was directly referenced in LoN, and this year ends with a Slaanesh release.

warmahordes died at my LGS and I'm trying to move over into the AoS group. Could I get a quick rundown on matched play balance? Are there any new interesting things that might be released that I should wait for?

I hope the vainest soul will turn out to be some brand-new random slaanesh dude.

"My army" is not order, its seraphon

I dont give a flying fuck about playing order soup

Most people only care about the faction they play and not their grand alliance. Its nice that the grand alliance is an option for people that want to play that way, though