Does anyone else think Guilliman's model is quite small for a fucking primarch?

Does anyone else think Guilliman's model is quite small for a fucking primarch?

Are you fucking retarded? Do you have brain problems?

No?

The paint job looks fine,
but I think the model is overdecorated if that makes any sense.

I know the guy is basically a demi-god but really, that's something even Fulgrim would think is too much!

Its fine, same height as the 30k Primarchs just bullkier and on a bigger base if Im not mistaken. Im not sure how much taller it is than Primaris or normal marines but it certainly isnt as fucking huge as those Black Library covers which I fucking hate, Primarchs should just be one or two heads bigger than Marines.

True-scale primarchs when?

But user, Omegon is in canon the smallest primarch.

no

Why do space marine players have size envy? You don’t ever fucking see the other factions bitching about true scale, small model size, or manlet marines. No matter how big or "true scale" it’s never enough for a marine faggot.

He's like three times the height of a space marine, I think he's plenty tall

No? if anything, he's too big, it's always been "the primarchs are to space marines as the space marines are to mortals", and while space marines, in-game are like a head taller than mortals, this fuckers three times the size of a space marine. Even pre-demon magnus wouldn't be as tall as gullyman is, heck alpharius was is short enough to be confused for a regular dude.

Some factions should have giants leading them, like orks and demons. Others, like tau and space marines, shouldn't.

Isn't he supposed to be one of the shortest primarchs tho?

It's okay because it's also quite ugly to compensate for that.

Marines are supposed to be like 8ft tall in the lore. In game, they're about the same height as a guardsman. Some Eldar models are taller than marines. GW can't into consistent scale.

I, for one, like how Gil looks on the table. He's just massively undercosted.

This. no wonder his head looks smol.

No because that's Omegon

>Marines are supposed to be like 7' tall in the lore.
Fixed that for you.
The 8' thing is from the DoW games.

Is that why Cypher flipped on him before entering Sanctum Imperialis?

You want proportions like this? I think it looks ridiculous.

They're typically 8ft in armour, which is what I believe that guy was referring to.

Honestly, whoever it is doing this artwork for the HH novels is awful.

I don't really remember the DoW games making claims about Astartes height, though Space Marine did - putting them ar around 7'-7'5". It's mostly in terms of weight and muscle that they're huge dudes.

That said, based off BL, the "reasonable" range seems to be anywhere from 7-9 feet. Some make them larger, but it gets silly at that point. There are definetely exceptionally large ones though. Abaddon comes to mind, as does that one dude from the Exorcists who's Ogryn sized. It makes sense though - some people hit close to 7 feet naturally, make them a marine, and of course they'll get bigger than a manlet turned into one.

Primarchs also vary widely in size. Some are just tall marines, while other are pretty yuge. Magnus and Vulkan were both very big guys. Then you have some BL artwork, which makes the Primarchs just seem a few feet taller or literally twice the size of Astartes and it gets weird.

They mostly do digital mockups of figures and illustrate over them. Now, populating images with huge amounts of human figures, even in power armor, is a huge bitch, so I can forgive that, but he could try to make it look... just better?

Color is really his weak spot, with maybe texture as a close second. Considering he does hide a lot of stuff in bad warping and overlaid smoke effects, but that often fucks with the perspective, or he's just bad at perspective sometimes. Texture often is way too flat, and sometimes his paper-cutout space marines still have aliasing around their edges.

I think he could be half-decent if he didn't have to rely on those crutches, or cleaned up his work more, but I suspect it's also the pace of the series releases (and probably a limited salary) that keeps him from really giving it a spitshine.

They are about a head taller. Which is fine assuming guardsmen are about 6 feet or so.

>Sanguinius is meant to be beautiful, though not as pretty as Fulgrim I guess
>Here he looks like he's about to start raping little boys at the orphanage
There's a lot a bout it that's pretty bad. I don't mind much, but how the artist envisions the characters just seems like shit.

>that face
>those hair drills
fucking awful.

Does anybody else not understand the fucking square-cube law?

>sanguinius actually has long hair
Rip space jesus

The over-decoration is part of the 'Armor of Fate', I doubt he would have had it so ornamented if he had been 'alive' when it was created.

40K fluff had him has supposedly handsome and blonde and with long hair cuz of some art.

The very first time he's described in the HH novels, it's as beautiful and with long black hair.

Now he had a old man rapist face and fuck-ugly everything.