How realisticly do you roleplay killing and dying? not talking about gore levels you idiot

how realisticly do you roleplay killing and dying? not talking about gore levels you idiot

Action movie rules, in the vast majority of cases. Some people like the ultra gritty side, but it just isn't for me.

Best FF game ever.

one liners all the way
if your last words after having your arms removed isnt "looks like i was disarmed" or "i wish i could have lent a hand" you are doing it wrong

and you better have something cool to say when killing the boss
like yelling "open wide" while stabbing them in the face or telling the lich "looks like you are overdue" while destroying their phylactery

it should be the gravest insult to die without saying something cool
indeed the greatest mark of honor is to be able to think of one when all hope is lost

I have the Wilhelm scream prepared in a separate tab on YouTube for whenever someone falls over a railing.

Bravo, user.

Quickly and brutally.

regarding the killing, my gm once describe how i sliced a bandits stomach open in such a gruesome way that he just fell over and begged my character to kill him. my character couldn't do it, and after the other two bandits ran away, we still heard his cries in the distance after continuing our journey. Now my character has recurring nightmares about this

Generally I'll have the character freak the fuck out if it's their first time doing it because, y'know, holy shit they just killed someone, that's a pretty big character moment to come to terms with.
Usually this means they'll never do it again because they're not a killer, and all the other characters have done it enough they're jaded to it and it's very matter-of-fact.

usually my players go
>pssh, nothin personnel
and kill them and then forget they ever existed
when they die its a small "aw"

10/10 Would GM for.

Dear god please I'm stuck forever DM unless I want to play the only other game in my area: A Starfinder game in which the other characters are a rat who speaks in the third person, an edgelord who literally feeds off pain and someone playing a literal 8 year old billionaire genius girl.

give me your best one liners
all i have is "the bigger they are the harder they fall" when fighting the giants and "this is no choking matter" when strangling someone who tries to tell you not to joke around so much

Well, depends of the game and charachter.

In DnD style game, the first killing is kind of a shock, but not that much. You're always told all your life that it may be you or that bandit. Bandits, monsters, they are all the same, they will kill you, kill your family and destroy your lands. Plus, not killing in cold blood kinda helps.

For every other game, my char simply try to not do it.

The only "easy" deaths in my games are those caused by crits. Everyon else gets to complain for the next hour until they're gone. Never had any group waste that much ammo on mercy kills

On account of never having killed anyone and not having died, I have no idea.

Depends on the kind of game i'm leading. I try to be as realistic as possible with CP2020 because that's what's supposed to happen. I have a hobby of looking into cold cases/unsolved mysteries and I always wanna bring over that morbid curiosity kinda feeling to the game. So if someone gets shot in the gut, they're gonna have to roll a pretty hard COOL roll not to keel over in pain and have a lot of difficulty getting back up. Shit hurts.

When i'm leading D&D I am way more lenient, it's medieval fantasy but it's still FANTASY and I wanna get across that feeling of adventure

Oh shoot right, but when i'm playing I usually try to avoid killing. I rarely play characters that experience killing relatively frequently (military, knights, assassins, murderhobos, mercs...). Even when I play something like a Paladin I like to try and redeem or spare as much as possible. If not bypass the combat all together

Second best, after T

I have a shotgun under the table, when a character dies, so does his player.

>Disembowel enemy
>Doesn't have the guts to finish him off
I will never understand it, it's like being a bitch and a monster at the same time.

well, it went like this:
Bandits came across our way and demanded some coins to let us pass. Troop leader was in a bad mood that day, so he skipped any negotiations and punched one of them in the face, then beheaded him. It was my character's first fight against human beings, and then he suddenly got a lucky crit in, leaving his opponent immobile and with an open stomach. We were commanded to keep moving before my character could fully realize what happened