Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

Basic Edition

Previous Thread: DoK week
Part 1 - warhammer-community.com/2018/02/19/daughters-khaine-part-1-daughters-khainegw-homepage-post-3/
Part 2 - warhammer-community.com/2018/02/20/daughters-khaine-part-2-morathi-shadow-queen/

Resources
>pastebin.com/cPgyVjT6 (embed) (embed)

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules
General's Handbook 2017
>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0
Legions of Nagash
>mega.nz/#!L44kEbRJ!VooTlhCe_WTmf5SFEds_wni8Z0EQDfBBsB1KBY_8ZW4
Malign Portents
>mega.nz/#!7x5hgZZL!l3KcjIUfNjDbEhjFeH31M9mRFfPf03yUFuN-jMU1JBg

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

coub.com/view/1e5uj
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Seraphon

awwww yeeeeeee

too bad I can't get started on em until I see the new battletome

So I was thinking about the likely upcoming Slaanesh release.
One easy way to incouperate mortal followers would be to create a fantasy counterpart to the Noise Marines from 40k.
What if instead of sonic weapons, they had magical instruments made out of sacrifices to Slaanesh?
Something along the lines like this scene from Hannibal.
coub.com/view/1e5uj

You both can and would, if you aren't a faggot.

Nice meme. Go be a cunt somewhere else you- you- double waacfag

I would just go with the fun option and make one of each shrine. That way you also get an unbound Avatar of Khaine and snekk tits to play with.

Nth for the real mortals of chaos

I'm not too concerned about the vehicles really, but I want to know what the changes to the witch elves/sisters of slaughter will be, considering witch elves currently get a bonus for being in squads of 20.

What'd'ya think of this for some fluff for Your Dudes Seraphon?

Originally spawned from starstuff by a slaan during the Age of Chaos, a starhost of skinks was dispatched to Ghur in order to cut off a Chaos invasion seeking to claim access to a realmgate in the secluded Forest of Quills. With the battle won, the slaan continued on yet left behind the disposable skinks in the savage wilderness. Outside of the influence of their slaan, the skinks slowly went native as their starblood dimmed and their bodies became increasingly flesh and bone. Yet the void of celestial magic was not entirely unfilled as the savage magic of Ghur and its transformative powers began to warp the skinks on they prey they hunted and consumed.

Over centuries of almost feral hunting, their features had begun to shift to better reflect that of their meals as their crests shifted into manes of quills and their small razor-sharp teeth vanishing into a beaklike maw. The starhost's kroxigors grew increasingly broad-chested and long-armed, their razordons grew slimmer and long-legged, and their cold ones and troglodons likewise both grew increasingly avian features from the terrorbirds they gorged themselves upon.

Armed with scavenged primitive blackpowder weapons from a Freeguild city which rose and fell to the Ironjawz during the Age of Chaos, the once-noble starhost might have fallen to increased savagery and more bestial features, yet they still uphold that ancient crusade against the Ruinous Powers, provided payment in meat or guns.

big saurus jaws right on my face

Why not change the focus to another sense? Hearing and feelings are already a big focus. A taste for flesh and blood, perfumes that disorient enemies and buff allies, visions that make the caster and troops harder to hit by appearing elsewhere.

Eh, I just see kroot desu. Also, those are nothing like blackpowder weapons

scent and taste are good ideas, but vision is muddying the line with Tzeentch, I think

how is it likely upcoming???

not meming or shitting on you, fellow slaanesh hopeful here

Ehh, it's been coming for a while, and slaanesh is mentioned constantly in the DoK fluff articles they've been posting

I’m astounded by your persistence. I’ve seen this same damn post since the first GHB

fuck off liar

Does anybody else wish they could buy Avatar of Khaine or the medusa without the dumb staircase on wheels? God, I hate that thing.

Fuck off

Wouldn't be surprised if they do kits for them in the future.

Fuck off, Randy.

Try eBay.

it just has to be written in a different way and it'll fit fine. armor and units so stunningly beautiful that the enemy is distracted or feels compelled not to ruin it.

Fluff wise in a battle a moment's hesitation can get you killed.

Should I start with a Start Collecting's worth of points, built and painted, or should I get 1000pts and go that way. Is 1000pts common?

Nobody plays games at a SC level, that's about 300 points. 1000 is a relatively small game, lasting about an hour to 90 minutes

I would be. Forcing people to buy the staircase to use the avatar sounds exactly like GW's marketing policy.

Sounds like you're describing a glamour, illusionary or mirror armor, or some sort of Siren's Song effect but through sight instead of sound.

two years ago i made a cauldron and the avatar is still in pieces in a bits bin somewhere.

did i hear correctly that GW is actually making the avatar a separate model with its own rules?

also it has a retarded pose and looks dumb but thats another story.

Any chance the rumored water elves would be water Grots instead... Destruction is looking pretty left behind with only 3 armies, getting books, so far.

Yeah they said that, but I guess we don't know if it's supposed to be an actual animated avatar of khaine, or like a statue that buffs nearby infantry

>did i hear correctly that GW is actually making the avatar a separate model with its own rules?
Yes.
Also it has always been in high demand as an Avatar of Khaine for 40k.

SHut the fuck up
t. death

>Any chance the rumored water elves would be water Grots instead...

No.

Be grateful you don't play Death.

Death has 2. 3 if you count Nighthaunt but it's kinds fucked right now.

>yfw each GA gets a soup battletome this year

>still waiting for my fucking paints and Krell to arrive
If I have to wait until Monday I'm going to be really fucking salty

What're you working on tonight /AoSg/?
Building some Saurus Knights, my first AoS models. Haven't decided on a color scheme but don't know if I wanna go with a blue base. I'm thinking red, maybe lava themed lizards

Because, you ape-nigger, the past three years have ended with AoS + 40k dual Chaos releases, from Khorne to Tzeentch and now Nurgle. Slaanesh is more or less bound to be released at the end of this year, moreso for the Emperor's Children but AoS will tag along.

They might be doing one each year now to better present the soup than in the earlier volumes. I wouldn't be surprised if Order puts Free People, war machines and wizards in their soup book to avoid having to give them their own book.

That depends on if GW wants to put out the World Eaters and Angron instead.

>those are nothing like blackpowder weapons
I mean, they explicitly were in 40k fluff. Kroot Rifles are just primitive slugthrowers that the Tau tinkered with to replace the blackpowder chemical reaction with pulse rounds, but the original Kroot Rifles that looked identical to the current Kroot Rifles were just blackpowder muskets designed to look like Kroot Fighting Staves, in a sort of reference to but working in reverse of Native American gunstock war clubs.

Plus, the idea is that you do just see kroot except you give 'em an AoSified origin. And since Seraphon go flesh-and-blood when their slaan leaves them behind, tossing in some of the magic of the Realm of Beasts, it's not particularly that far of a stretch.

>only place I can paint is my boiler room
>paint dries retardedly quick in there
fucking help

Depends entirely on how the sprue is constructed. I highly doubt that the medusa and the avatar are the only thing on their respective sprue.

Get a wet palette.

They might do the Avatar of Khaine for 40k, so they might as well double dip on that one.

Why would you paint in there? That's a terrible idea. Pretty much anywhere else would be better.

wet palette?

I have nowhere else I can paint, and it's not hot in there

Was thinking of a list to play some friends competitively , 2000 pts
Looking for some suggestions

Chaos allegiance
Rotigus
30 plague bearers
Tzangor shaman (general)
Lord of war, chaos talisman
6 skyfires
Blood secretor
30 bloodletters
10 pink horrors
Gaunt summoner with familiars
Balewind vortex

The key is to run the blood letters up and create a threat to draw fire. If it doesn’t it can get in and deal some damage , the secretor won’t drop his totem until the letters are for sure in combat and I can place him away from other wizards in my army.
The plague bearers can bubble wrap up my objectives and wizards with a music shield and one being near rotigus will make em hard to kill. Rotigus spell will put a time clock on armies hero’s by dropping the d3 mortals on them each turn or help with heavy armored units. The skyfires can put out some much needed finesse wounds where they need to go and can double to help protect or threaten a objective since they don’t slack in combat. The generals lord of war can help give the skyfires +2 to hit making their arrows deal mortal wounds on a 4+ .
Finally the gaunt summoner with a balewind can use his infernal flame spell to punish hordes moving within range or the balewind can be summoned when needed . The shaman may need to use it and arcane bolt and use his boom of mutation to try and get in 2 D3 Mortal Wounds where needed.
Was looking for something super competitive and was looking for feed back . Thanks !

Wet Pallete is retard easy.

Buy some parchment paper or 'baking paper', whatever its called where you are. Get some good paper towels. Get a plastic sandwich tub or whatever... combine.

Place the paper towel in the tub, then wet it. Then place parchment paper on top of the paper towel, make sure that both sides of the parchment paper get wet.

Then you just put your paints on the parchment paper. Now it lasts longer and is a good palette.

Hellstriders' focus on inflicting pain may be something they look at.

Hey fellow death players. What's your list look like

The ones on the bigger dudes look like lascannons and the like. I would have rathered something less...40k. But you do you man, nice paint job.

I'd still play against you. What rules are you using?

Canonically slugthrowers, actually. They're basically just elephant guns. And the big gun on the knarloc is just a crossbow that fires explosive bolts.

I tried using just straight parchment paper and I noticed it fucking absorbs certain paints, like just deletes it from existence.

I ended up getting one those fancy wet palletes but I haven't actually used the thing yet since I've only been practicing with small amounts of paint.

>I have nowhere else I can paint

You don't have a desk?

Irrelevant; they look futuristic, like an ornate lasgun that a vostroyan might use.

You only use small amounts of paint with a wet pallete

up in my room, but I'm not keeping paint where I sleep. My other desk is where I work

58106427 here, I'm actually a Sylvaneth player.

Yesterday I asked for ideas for my High Elves. I was recommended peacocks and the NBC logo, but my friend recommended me something even better and futureproof!

May I present, my first Stormcast Æternal.

Wanderers is what I've finally settled on, though with allies drawn from Stormcast -- the Krootox as Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrikes primarily, but also probably a Knight-Azyros in the form of a Vulture Kindred made out of a Shaper with some wings either from the Scourge champion or a Terradon -- and Wood Elves. It helps to make the army feel like what Kroot used to be: an army of skirmishing assholes that at one point could have nearly everything in their army could infiltrate that shot with the best of them, moved and skirmished with the best of them, and died in droves like Guardsmen.

Meanwhile, Carnivores will take the roll of Guard Glade with Eternal Guard being built out of the same bones but using a mix of probably Saurus and Gor weapons and shields alongside with Gor and Ungor banners/musicians. There's a company that makes custom kroot hounds that are a decent bit bigger that'll be used for Wild Riders, Knarloc Riders as Sisters of the Thorn, and the Great Knarloc maybe as an Avatar of the Hunt or Drycha?

Agree to disagree, I guess. They look like wacky Native American rifles covered with blades and feathers to me, and AoS tech level is anything but consistent as you range from KO to Ironweld to Skyre.

Oh, and Shapers for most of my heroes including converting Aetherwings with some quills into Kroothawks for my Lord and a Waywatcher (Lord) with the Falcon artifact. Likewise, Hunter Kindred for Wood Elf Waywatchers (the unit).

Cheeky, I like it

>Not keeping paint where I sleep
Why not?

Spent 15 minutes searching for it, as far as I can tell, it doesnt exit.

Pic related, Ungor Raider doesnt have a warscroll.
wtf?

They're in the app

Hell yes, put the [Not]-empire stuff back together.

Having to ally in warmachines and wizards with freeguild is stupid.

>I'm a dumb-dumb that can't look in the GA:Chaos book.
You're stupid and should feel bad.

holy shit
>rerolls of 1 and 2
That's silly.

H O R D E M E T A

Still not as bad as 8th ed 40k

The list destroying everything is Eldar soup with small, elite units though

I dont tho.
I googled it, got nothing, came here, it was provided for me.
Thanks, bucko.

I liked the idea of the "elfaboos" and I feel this kinda captures that. Also I needed to make new lore for it that is equally as ridiculous.

The Stormcast Æternals were created by Sigmar like all the others, and come from all types of elf. Some are Wood Elves, some Dark Elves, but most are High Elves. They live in the city of Soliah, elf for "City of the Intersecting Winds", a massive captial of glittering marble and bronze, set like a jewel in the Spelljammer, the Naglfari. It is known for its fine linens, fierce warriors, and of course, the great racetrack that encircles its exterior walls, the Norginborg. All around Soliah are serene forests, with lesser cities and towns nestled in their clearings.

Although Sigmar gave the Stormcast Æternals their powerful forms, they have many other allies on which they can call. Khaine, the rejuvenated god of war, has a shrine within Soliah's walls. Even more precious are the Moon Babies who, when the elfs were still young, taught them to navigate by the stars and showed them the gates of Heaven. To honor these moments, the Naglfari only sails at night, and her sails are adorned with moonbeams and starshine. The Moon Babies gave the Wood Elf Stormcast Æternals the use of the Moon Stags, who frolic in the Moon Forests, eat the Moongrass, and drink from the Moonwells of Darnassus, south of Soliah.

>The Norginborg
Fuck me that's a good one

Hell Cowboy hat complete!!

How many more minis to go though bro

I don't think he was referring to 40k being horde-meta. He was just referring to how hilariously shitty and broken 8th Ed is.

It really isn't, though. 4+|4+|-|1 attacks from 18" aren't anything right home about, even if you can reroll 1's and 2's.

Given their cost? yeah that's silly

I wish they'd bring Karl Franz back. He was so much cooler than whatever named stormcasts there are

How many points do you guys think Morathi will end up being? I'm thinking around 700, more than alarielle, less than nagash

Why do people keep thinking Slaneesh is tits and dick all the time? It's excess, glamor, perfection

This sex meme ruined Slaneesh to the point that people will have autistic fits if they don't see it

tits are excessive and glamorous. And if they're big ol' fat titties with nice suckable nips then they're perfection too.

All Stormcast Æternals love adventure, and so their nation floats from realm to realm. Some seek it out, fighting evil, claiming treasure, accepting love, and ruling subrealms themselves. Others find it through magical quests, or attaining the power of important spells, like wood to gold, candy to whiskey, vodka to whiskey, whiskey sours, or timed derailment. Some will sit and stare into the gates of Heaven, although none enter, for Heaven is only for those too afraid of nothingness.

The Stormcast Æternals hate Chaos for what they did to their brothers and sisters back on Earth, but perhaps even more than that, they hate undeath. Death, to those with long lives such as elfs, is an honor earned when their mortal blood is spent, and only truly deserved when they have seen it dashed upon the rocks of glory. To defile such a noble deed is to insult the lives of those who lived. As such, they hate all undead. Nagash, Acererak, Sylvanas, Garcia, Lesh, Weir, Kreutzmann, all are hated and hunted by the Stormcast Æternals.

Against a save of 4+, a unit of 30 will average 5 wounds a turn.

Sounds impressive but that's 300 point you've sunk it 5 wounds a turn from 18 inches.
Granted, they have excellent mobility, they can run and shoot and add +1 to run rolls, so theres that. Very useful for hit and run tactics, and perhaps quite good overall for their points cost in a unit of 30 or more.

But the actual damage output is average.

To be fair they'll be hitting on a 3+ for a few turns due to the Herdstone giving you a guaranteed Damned terrain.

>tfw you gave someone the statue because you didn't have enough room for the whole model with it attached in your army case circa 2015-ish

Fuck, they're hard as balls to source from ebay now as well.

The stair case is especially stupid considering they could have put cold ones in its place.

That's what the dude I gave it to used it for.

I think part of the reason people focus on the sexual aspects is because, and if I recall correctly even Goodwin has said this, they're the easiest thing to represent visually. Fat may have been one of the routes they have additionally gone down once, but Nurgle has pretty much taken that as a representation of life, what can happen when someone stops caring or is unable to exercise without changing their eating habits, and the bloating that happens in corpses from gas.

Not really, no. They're uniformly "decent" for a unit of mobile archers that are the best ranged unit that Beastmen or StD can have access to, but they are not anything to write home about. Especially given the relative lack of synergy you can get off the rest of the army. At most, a Beastlord can give you +1 to hit if you're within range of his Command trait and he's managed to slay an enemy model in the previous turn without getting dumpstered himself as a 5-wound melee general with no protection against Mortal Wounds. Then the Brayherd battalion can give you re-rolls on wound rolls of 1 if they are within range of both the Great Bray Shaman and the Beastlord.

What makes a Freeguild Handgunner great isn't that it can add +2 to hit if it didn't move, no enemies are within 3" and it's got 20 or more models. It's all the other synergy that goes ontop of that which turns them into power-houses. Ungor Raiders are left at decent.

Also, if you are just running a unit of 30, it takes a single wound on a 6+ save archer to start cutting down that unit bonus.

Activating Damned will likewise drop their unit bonus, unless you're running a 40-man unit. Plus, that herdstone has to be set-up within 6" of the general. Which means that you'll be hard-pressed to be both within 3" of it and within range of your enemy with an 18" bow. In addition to which, using the Herdstone requires you not be Outflanking which is one of the strengths of Ungor Raiders.

That and sex is extremely visceral.

Staircase looks fine to me, it explains how the Death Hag gets above the cauldron and allowed them to place two Witch Elf guards.

desu I want Serra to come back
Not because I cared about his character or anything, just because I wanna see what this guy will do when it happens

FW Avatar of Khaine?