Aliens from a type 3 civilization invade Earth and they think humans are entertaining, cute, and want them as pets...

Aliens from a type 3 civilization invade Earth and they think humans are entertaining, cute, and want them as pets. They attack Earth from orbit until we surrender. How would Humanity resist an alien invasion in this scenario?

By "type 3" I assume you mean the Kardashev scale, aka a pan-galactic civ.

Such a powerful civ would likely be thousands, if not millions of years more advanced than humanity. They would not "attack", and we would not "surrender. They would do what they want, and there would not be any resistance whatsoever. It's like saying the ants in the ant mound can resist a bulldozer. Not only is it physically impossible, it is beyond their comprehension.

Deceive them into believing we have surrendered and kill them with chemical or biological weapons.

The real question is how cute are the aliens? Because if humans are attracted to them, I can't see us putting up much resistance anyways.

The point of this thread is to argue about things you don't understand and get upset when people call you out on it.

Someone like you clearly doens't belong here, as you understand the fallacy of OP's idea.

fpbp

They'd look at us like 19th century Europeans would look at Africans. On the one hand there's "we've got the Maxim gun and they do not", on the other hand some fringe lunatics want to civilize us while others think we belong in plantations at best and a zoo at worst.

The solution is to obviously wait until the alien empire implodes, then guilt trip them into providing gibsmedats.

Probably won't work out too well user, humans will be much harder to domesticate than other animals.

>humans will be much harder to domesticate than other animals.
Nah, I'm pretty sure that most people would agree to some greater intelligence letting them indulge in their laziness in exchange for absolutely nothing. It's like being a NEET without the downsides.

Speaking from experience, I started working recently and sometimes I miss being a NEET, having to worry about absolutely nothing and going outside as I please. Waking up whenever, sleeping whenever, doing whatever whenever. I don't hate where I am now, but I guess the grass will always be greener on the other sidde.

Wait, so you're saying that as pets, we would have to do nothing but laze around all day playing video games and occasionally looking cute for them and shit?

Well sign me the fuck up, I'm not putting up any resistance whatsoever.

Are they fluffy?

Been watching Isaac Arthur, huh?

We defeat them handily, because the Kardashev scale is not actually a useful measurement for the military might of a civilization and I can thus assume that these aliens are incredibly weak.

You're retarded OP. A type 3 civ would be so far beyond us that we'd stand precisely zero chance of even understanding what's going on when they decide to make their presence known. They would just do what they like and we'd have to live with it. They'd be closer to a force of nature than to something we could meaningfully interact with.

In summation:
fpbp

lol

Wouldn't aliens be resource hoarding, and proceed to:

-dismantle the galaxy.
-dump all these resources into a megastructure serving as a storage depot surrounding their supermassive black hole.
-proceed to sleep until the rest of the universe is well into the dark black hole, the rest of the universe is beyond the cosmic edge and temperature is near absolute zero for maximum energy efficiency.

Maybe

Maybe, but I guess that if they like pets then things like us would be taken as resources and made to sleep until everybody else wakes up and they can play with us at their leisure between doing whatever it is they want to do with maximum energy efficiency.

The only way humans would stand a chance of resisting is if the aliens are similar enough to us that we could feasibly steal and use their own technology against them, or with the help of a more altruistic alien race. Otherwise a pan galactic civilization is so beyond our capacity to inflict harm, physically and emotionally, that it would be pointless.
Yes, guerilla warfare performed by less technologically advanced civilizations has been successful in our history, but at no point in history have two civilizations had such a massive disparity in technology that the more advanced one could play with the galaxy itself to cause localized effects.
Probably a type I civ, maybe a type 2 civ in theory, but a type 3 civ? Almost certainly not. The scale is ludicrously exponential.
(I'd be more definitive, but in matters of Sci-fi I try to abide by this saying from good old Arthur C Clark: "If an elderly but distinguished scientist says that something is possible, he is almost certainly right; but if he says that it is impossible, he is very probably wrong.")

A Kardashev 3 civilization could make a DNA template of our entire species, upload all our consciousnesses, destroy our solar system, and then set us up in a orbital habitat with cloned bodies somewhere a quarter of the way across the galaxy without us being able to lift a finger. The only way we could get out is if we exploited a foolish, gullible, or overly merciful member of their species (or another one) to help us escape.

Then there's the possibility of the other civilization just thinking "we can hurt our enemy using these cute humans in some way, by exploiting their desire for freedom!"

T-they think we're cute too?