Alright. Time to shill a friends game

Alright. Time to shill a friends game.

kickstarter.com/projects/703847753/age-of-ther/description

Steampunk. Character builds like Shadowrun. Plays... mostly like shadowrun. Dice are more like SavageWorlds. Time is divided a little differently. You can essentially do one thing well, two things, or three things badly. Drain system for magic. There's no hard-fast skill to attribute mixing. Yeah, most of the time you mix your shootyMcGunny-skill with your dexterity, but that gets mixed up for nearly any deviation. Let's say you're shooting into fog, it'd be the gun skill plus intelligence to predict where they're headed. New spells, of course. The astral thing is gone. He has orcs, goblins, dwarves, elves, minotaurs, yetis, and robots (clockgeists). A wink-wink not-Europe ruled by the various races. Chinas full of goblins, I think.

The dude is a history nut, so some aspects are crazy detailed. I think he could have played up the historical side of things, but people like fantasy.

Needs a better artist, honestly.

He's a pretty cool guy and this has been his baby for a few years. I owe it to him to take in a little bad karma for the blatant advertisement. Sorry, but it had to be done.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZZPfO88-Xzw
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Steampunk/TabletopGames
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Like this is what he's got for art. Not terrible, but not exactly a masterpiece.

>Plays... mostly like shadowrun
>Dice are more like SavageWorlds

Apparently people who can make this level of stuff want to be paid if they're making something you want rather than something they want.

Yeah. Mostly.

Imagine you took the rules of shadowrun, where you take skill + Att, and that's "the number of dice you roll counting hits on 5 or 6" and instead that number was "The dice-step for the size of the die you roll, adding them up". I dunno, I don't think changing how entropy is generated is a massive change to a ruleset.

The combat rules are pretty much shadowrun though. Near enough you'll see the similarities.

Then the poor bastard has THIS front and center on his kickstarter.....

Siiiiigh... the proportions are all off. From the arm to the neck to the torso. It's good for a highschool kid. But he has given money to an artist in exchange for this. It's some charity case I think.

>Character builds like Shadowrun. Plays... mostly like shadowrun.
Not selling me on this at all.

Saucy steampunk chicks here on in.

Yeah, I know. I still wish there was a cyberpunk game that wasn't shit. ...That people actually played.

holy shit that's some big tits on that dude

Yeeeaaaahhhhh....

Is this some weird trans shit? It's like he stopped trying after the tits

>that fucking line on her chin
jesus they're all almost good but fuck me did he really pay someone to do these?

WATERMARKING A COMMISSION PIECE

youtube.com/watch?v=ZZPfO88-Xzw

holy perspective batman

I don't think that's from the RPG, that's some random deviantart faggot drawing a League of Legends champ

that's even worse faggot should know Piltover is supposed to be grimy dreary edgelord tier steampunk not!Gotham only slightly less shitty than Zaun

hmm? No, that's just one I picked up from some character art dump somewhere.

Same here, they're all just.... random bullshit steampunk character art.

Ha, get people on an art-critic path and it really sets them up.

But... yeah, I think that's line on that lady's chin is just.... a slip up? Like they made it with actual pen? fuck if I know man. First I've even noticed.

Choke on dicks and die shill

Yeah, I get that sentiment. It's not undeserved.

>shilling som cogfop shit
Not only are you a dumb shill but you're a newfag as well

>Like this is what he's got for art. Not terrible, but not exactly a masterpiece.

You expect them to be able to pay for good art without a kickstarter?

More like an acknowledged shilling oldfag helping a friend.

I mean, look at that fucking art, he needs help.

. . . eeeeeehhhhhh, ok. I guess there's a chicken and an egg problem. Dudes an engineer though. He's making coin.

He's looking for additional artists... but I think he's sticking with the one he's got. One of his problems is that he's not a heartless bastard.

>You expect them to be able to pay for good art without a kickstarter?
Typically when people make a sales pitch, they tend to have a "proof of concept" where they already have a lot of the project done or else have the seed money to get it going. Starting a fundraiser off of "this is all shit BUT it will get better if I have more money, I swear!" is usually the sign of either A.) a scam, or B.) someone who doesn't have the business acumen to see their dream to completion. You have to spend money to make money.

It's B in this case. I mean, I've played the game.

...Are RPG kickstarter scams really a thing?

I'm sorry user. I don't think Veeky Forums is a paying audience. We love getting shit for free

eh, no worries. More of a obligation sort of thing. I don't really have anyone else I can push this on and I owe him at least some word of mouth.

Alright, last save. Thanks for putting up with this shit guys.

Bump

Mildly curious whats the competition for games like this already?

You'll want to make sure he can at least get art and system better than whatever that is.

Steampunk roleplaying games? Shit man, I don't know any off the top of my head.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Steampunk/TabletopGames

hmmmm, yeah, I'd have to agree he'd want to out-compete... But it's a little late for constructive criticism system-wise. It's fun enough though. So much of that is the DM.

...I'm not sure I'd tell him his artist sucks.

I don't mean just system. Thats just one part of it. I don't mean a direct "which system" is better criticism.

You have to convince people that this steampunk game is the one that is worth an investment more than the others. Better art will help, as will more clarity on why the system is better.

Is that Sir Bearington's girlfriend? I'd think he could do better.