Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2072: Remember that you're here forever Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dukkO7c2eUE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What are your current projects jumper?

>making a build for InFamous
>love lightning options and it's gonna be my chain theme
>but the mobility options suck total ass
Seriously, there's only lightning tether, which is extremely lame. Neon gets power walking, Video gets wings, Smoke gets thrusters, and everyone else is totally shafted in regards of mobility options. So, what would be some good movement abilities to create for Electrokinesis in-jump, besides buying the 600 CP "turn into your element" perk?

Also, reading through the InFamous wiki, all these conduit types shown by the conduit test in the past are really cool. Wire, Paper, Pressurized Water, Masonry, and even motherfucking Street. Anyway, is there any chance somebody can convince Quicksilver to update the InFamous jump, or let somebody else do it? Or maybe somebody could make a jump that covers the games (only if they get QS's permission of course), since, iirc, the jump take place after the plot is all over. If yes, it'd be great if they could include all those other conduit types, if only to have more variety and so we don't have to copy a main character.

Sleeping.

For those Jumpers who are reading a Practical Guide to Evil, where and when would you choose to take action to cement your Jumper's name, and their Name, in the story?

Any upcoming Jumps you looking forward to?

Main chain: Attempting to build a reasonably navigable city.

In real life: trying to get the Vermintide 2 beta to work.

I'm trying to manually create an afterlife for my followers. The only problem is I'm struggling to figure out what people want from their eternities.

Doing giant ant things.

World of Warcraft - so long as it's by Somebody Else.

I forget can Synthmorphs in Eclipse Phase have sex? This is important.

Working on turning humans into magitech robots or spaceships. Maybe both. Once I figure out the problem of turning meat into metal without murdering the person or necromancy. Also need a way to transfer all their senses including feeling taste and smell.

One of the buyable synthmorph options is literally a cyborg hooker.

>Black Crusade
>Dragon Ball Super
>Kumo Desu Ga Nani Ka
>Mortal Kombat
>Generic Kaiju
>The Ring, Halloween, Jaws, and all the horror movie jumps YJ_user is going to do in October
And a bunch of other jumps that are being worked on right now or will be worked on.

I'm training these two giant birds I got from a bum deal with Tzneetch on how to use a camera

Madness Jumper was hoping for a break from insanity. She's instead been plot bound to an annoyingly cheerful protagonist and his two sidekicks over in Kingdom Hearts. To make things worse, she's a Keyblade wielding Heartless. Because being a zombie Dead Apostle cyborg Chaos Lord isn't twisted enough.

Make instanced afterlifes that can link if needed then have each one be a mix of what the person hopes or expects.

>Once I figure out the problem of turning meat into metal without murdering the person

Would this help?

>Metalmorph(400): Flesh and machine are very separate worlds, but not
>so much in your hands. You’ve learned the secret of changing
>biological forms into machines, converting them into stronger metallic
>bodies and opening their forms to easy augmentation with the power
>of science. This allows them to easily have technology built into them
>and to have the benefits of being a tireless, powerful machine with
>none of the downsides to being just an average meatbag...of course, the
>subject will retain their original personality from the change. Unless
>you make some ‘modifications’, of course. As with the others, this
>process takes time to accomplish, and those you try to mold into
>drones will likely resist. Violently. What do you plan on using this for,
>I wonder...?

Archie Sonic. There's a perk which lets you roboticize others.

What is that from because it might do the trick.

>some good movement abilities to create for Electrokinesis
Uh... Could you figure out how to pull off some kind of magnetism thing and steal Static Shock's "ride around on a piece of metal" trick?

Which one is that?

WARNING: BERSERK SPOILER
It looks like Casca has has been healed, as of the untranslated newest chapter. Any chance of an update? especially given Berserk is one of our oldest jumps.

Duel Monsters Shadow Realm friend.

BerserkAnon's gone, my man.

He's gone the way of the boat.

No, nothing about Berserk allows happiness. Not even the Jump.

Off the top of my head
Crisis
BC
Kislev
Amazons
Rogue Trader
More that I'm not thinking about actively at the moment.

It sounds decent enough, though moving around without any objects would be neat. Maybe just the ability to magnetize yourself and fly around through that? Considering most conduits can apply their power/element to their body in some way, that doesn't seem like too much of a stretch.

Bioshock 2.

Incidentally, my Keyblade happens to have my Daemon Weapon as its core. That sound perfectly sane and safe, what's the worst that a Lord of Change could do there?

I want it but damn I want so much from that jump.

Dragonball Super
Crysis
Legend of Dragoon
WoW
Code Geass
Nioh
Feng Shen Ji
Escaflowne
Needless

Only ones that I remember and really want. Probably forgot one or two.

Why does a show about a children's card game dive into transhumanism?

Because it's not about the show?

As far as I am aware the show doesn't. This is about the actual metaphysical universe of the Shadow Realm.

You could do something like in this video, where you fling out dozens of Lightning Tethers at once, and then instantaneously travel along the first one to hit a solid surface.

youtube.com/watch?v=dukkO7c2eUE

Well, it's more like the world that the monsters supposedly come from rather than card game hell.

World of Warcraft and Dragon Ball Super.

There are just so many people who need to be punched!

>There are just so many people who need to be punched!

Mind if I ask who?

>There are just so many people who need to be punched!
Like the current jumpmaker.

Too many people to count in WoW, but specifically the Stormrage brothers. Both of them are terrible.

And as for DBS its more of 'time for a fist fight bro!' rather than actual rage.

Main Jumper: He finished my planned Kamen Rider arc and is ready to tackle Log Horizon so he can relax a little.

Adventurer Jumper: Currently on Re:Creators and ready to screw Altair with Meta knowledge.

A good concept, through in practice it'd mean you'd move inches as the first tether to hit a surface would be very near to you.

Maybe something similar to what Killua does in HxH could work, where I'd focus a burst of electricity onto my body to power up in speed for a short time, through some nerve shenenigans.

>ready to screw Altair with Meta knowledge.
Uhhhhhhhhh

Take Devil Style from Val's Medaka Box if you really want to screw with Altair.

First they got off the boat, now this. Truly this is a decade of sweeping change.

>yfw you realise Griffith made the Berserk jump out of spite

I mean, however you read it, it's not implausible

Oh is that cut content from the artbook? Pity Infamous seems to have died as a franchise after Second Son.

Working on Seoul Station's Necromancer. Bit stumped trying to think of some good drop in perks, but the rest is going well.

I already took that and Window in the wall. Anons, I planned to have a meta battle with her and i came prepared

>Patrician taste, considering a lot what's happening right now can be summed up to "Illidan you fucked up."
Wait are you talking about the bullshit of Legion or did even more nonsense happen with BFA?

What's this about getting a new WoW jump?

A menagerie of sorts. It's really one of those "see what happens" projects, though. Stick animals from as many worlds as I can grab into an enclosed environment, pump that environment full of unusual and magically-reactive materials, and watch evolution at work.

Those pics are concept art for the Wire and Glass powers that were considered for Second Son, but disregarded in the end

While Conduits are relevant, genetics question.

Does the Conduit Gene confer the explicit powers of the parent's Conduit to their children, or is it more like the X-Gene in that it's random what powers the children might have?

They killed Red again

What?

I love you. What are your backgrounds? Could drop ins get a undead teacher like the wizard? Will there be a kingdom buy item? I love the necromancy from there as it is one of the best I have seen for army building.
Will thrashs armor be buyable? And is drop in a whatsit called where you have a kingdom and you need to defend it like a online game? Optional menu to buy stuff with kingdom points like a vampire elder heart? Race options?

Don't forget to dodge when you ask Odyn what he was thinking or what Loken said the last time they met.

Seriously, dodge. Instadeath Light spears are bad mojo.

Relaying from Skype, Red just got banned for Ban Evasion again.

Evo has a thing for exactly this user.

n a n i

In fact, q u e

Valeria's pet moderator is at it again.

I think it might be random, considering the company behind InFamous released a test a few years back to determine your Conduit type that also takes your psychological profile in account.

Man, posting these pics really makes me wanna have those powers. Wire especially, that shit looks way cooler than the Conduit types we've seen so far.

How? Is the janitor reporting her or something?

This shit really has to stop.

For fucking what!?

What the fuck?!

You could go the other way about it. Polarizing your own electrostatic energy before tossing out 'tunnels' of electrostatic energy polarized to create an invisible rail to go through.. Magnetism is a hell of a drug.

Ban Evasion.

Somehow.

Despite getting it appealed previously.

Huh. So as a Smoke Conduit, my kids could have something else. Neat.

Which one, the Alien 300 item?

How would you price Mash’s skills?

Personal skills
Transient Wall of Snowflakes —
Obscurant Wall of Chalk —
Shield of Rousing Resolution —

I don't think BfA has progressed far enough to want to slap anyone upside the head except Sylvannas "WE WILL RECLAIM THE UNHOLY LAND" Windrunner, so probably Legion.

>Illidan, did you just blow up a representative of my religion?
>Yup, I gotta be real to myself man
>Well okay then

Juuuuuuuust stretching some long-missing flames in the void between worlds as I, the writer, slowly work up the time and energy between binging comics to make another build

Any time's a good time from what I can tell! There was a crisis in the past and there's a crisis in teh present, so-no time like the present. The protagonist didn't start off with nearly as advantageous as the Names you can get, and she's still well on her way to becoming a force to be reckoned with.

>being a warrior
>in WoW

Man, mages and magic knights have such a monopoly over being the movers and shakers in Azeroth that someone felt the need for the first guy to deliver the first on-page blow to Sargeras, to be a warrior.

When you look back, Garrosh was a massive anomaly in many, many ways.

If I had to guess? Same as Self-Defence Field at C since they all amount to "give Mashu a real knack at blocking things" like Self-Defence Field.

It has a lot of stuff but I think that is it.

That's not a Warrior thing, that's what Shadow Priests do at the end of the raid where you get the Aegis. The knife tells you to ask Odyn what Loken said to him last time they met, over 15,000 years ago. Odyn INSTANTLY kills you while the goddamn Old God on your belt probably laughs.

>Re:Creators
Oh, I just remembered I wanted to ask: How specific do beliefs have to be to activate The People's Champion?

'Cause I had the idea of Jumper trying to use it by acting heroic in front of the world during some apocalyptic crisis, and being able to succeed purely because the whole world BELIEVES they can win.

That does sound neat, actually. That, magnetizing yourself and controlling your body like you would metal, and simply turning into lightning are probably the most you'd be able to get, mobility wise. I certainly can't think of anything else.

Now, another question: considering you can't get it in the InFamous jump, where could I acquire a power similar to pic-related ? Wire control seems pretty cool in action, though it sounds lame in theory.

I'll have to change up my build a bit to afford that, but thanks for catching that! I must've missed it before.

If I take the second true magic in Fate Stay/Night, how hard would it be to recreate Tohsaka's accidental timeline-merge from Hollow/Ataraxia?

Which is the most dangerous sentai?

Lord Drakkon!

>Re:Creators
I thought that wasn’t finished yet?

Is that 2 beetle borgs?

>The protagonist didn't start off with nearly as advantageous as the Names you can get
To be fair, Cat's done more with a transitory Name than most seem to manage with a proper Name... Though I don't think she's headed towards any kind of Knight. She has too many qualifications for a different path - Last titled of Winter, rules Callow, and is referred to as the Black Queen already.

They can, if they have the right physical parts installed, but that's a custom upgrade for most synths, since you might as well have sex in a simulspace (mind/body separation, remember - if anyone wants you for your body they might as well buy a blank body with a fuckdoll AI in it).
Obviously can't get another person pregnant.

Probably thinking of the Pleasure Pod, but a pod's actually a vat-grown body with a cybernetic nervous system, not a synth.

Gaim.

The mods are the real shitposters.

On a whim I took that conduit test... I was disappointed to find out I'm destined to be a Concrete Conduit.

Well, Heavens convinced him to let him update Dragon Ball, so maybe there is a chance? Although inFamous is probable his best jump, so I'm not too thrilled about an update

Oh. I thought of warriors 'cuz for some reason Odyn is the patron of all official occupation warrios in Valhalla. You know, despite how many freaking different likelly backgrounds and motivations warriors tend to have compared to druids, or shamans. Even warlocks and mages tend to at least compare notes in similar circles.

Didn't it involve a Holy Grail running on auto while Angra Mainyu, sacrificial curseboy and potential incarnation of man's inhumanity to man extraordinaire, was hooked up to it? So...that hard, I guess?

I think so too, last I checked. Pretty much everything seems to be filled out but it doesn't seem to be on the drive either so I figured Digger's still waiting on some final edits.

I'm going to say whichever one of those assholes owns the space-time breaking galaxy lance powered by not!spiral energy, which flings you into space as part of it's attack. Because holy shit what even is that thing, and who decided wizards and not!Servants were so dangerous you needed a weapon like that to fight them?

Yeah, having not read the books she really reminds me of Taylor Hebert in all the best ways from what I can dig up. Or maybe Kazuma Kiryu, but with plans other than "punch everyone and then fight one guy on a tower". She isn't settling for any existing role, she's aiming to go as far as she can. I can respect that.

Working on my new pantheon and cult

myrmidont, I need you to do something stupid so I can say
>myrmi....
>Don't

That I don't know, it's in the drive so I presume it's finished.
I think you should be asking that to Digger.

>I'm going to say whichever one of those assholes owns the space-time breaking galaxy lance powered by not!spiral energy, which flings you into space as part of it's attack. Because holy shit what even is that thing, and who decided wizards and not!Servants were so dangerous you needed a weapon like that to fight them?
Which one is that?

Link? I refuse to accept I have ice powers.

Complaints
>The Transfer Rule only applies during this jump.
This makes the core aspects of the jump largely useless post jump. The jump needs a free perk that completely removes the “transferring your consciousness kills the real you” problem and it can’t just last for this jump since jumpers will want to keep using the setting’s stuff post jump.

>Forking/Resleeving perks
They are unnessecery freebies that seem like they’re only there to act as a counterbalance to all the restrictions placed on jumpers being able to use the setting’s stuff. These should be removed along with said restrictions.

>Unfortuantely a standard cortical stack only carries a fork of your ego
Everyone else in the setting can use a stack as a way to survive, why not jumper? This should contain our main Ego not just a fork. It is from this stack that egos are cast after all not from the brain. The brain just runs the OS, the stack is what houses it.

>Jumper-grade Cortical Stack
A perk that made the powers/abilities of our body follow us when we transfer to another would be better and being in a stack at the end of the jump shouldn't end our chain even if it's a normal stack let alone one we pay 400 CP for.

>Nanotats 100cp-400cp
Importing existing tattoo for this shouldn’t cost extra and importing a tattoo with existing effects shouldn’t make any difference unless you're balancing it based on meta, which you shouldn't be.

>Ego Bridge
This does the exact some thing as the Resleeving/Forking perks, which yes I did suggest removing but if you don’t there is a problem here.

Yes, let's keep yelling at the guy who made this entire thing possible to open his shit up for replacement.

Prototype if you wanna do stuff with biomass, but don't wanna gross folks out. My Hero Academy might have the stuff for that too.

Ok this looks awesome as fuck please explain.