How do you portray a summoner as appropriately weird?

How do you portray a summoner as appropriately weird?

Other urls found in this thread:

coinsandscrolls.blogspot.com/2017/04/osr-class-summoner.html
coinsandscrolls.blogspot.com/2017/04/osr-100-entities-you-can-summon.html
elf-comic.thecomicseries.com/comics/1
mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=94757
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why should a summoner be weird? Shouldn't it be the summons that are unusual, being foreign entities?

Everyone suspects that he has sex with all his summons

What so weird about it.

Depends on what he's summoning.

Catbois.

This stuffs pretty good.

coinsandscrolls.blogspot.com/2017/04/osr-class-summoner.html
coinsandscrolls.blogspot.com/2017/04/osr-100-entities-you-can-summon.html

Give them a magical realm

I fail to see any weirdness about it then.

I'd say go with a theme, either they are REALLY into whatever the hell they specialize in summoning, or the constant exposure to summoning magics has warped some aspect of them to an extreme.

or possibly make them treat their summons as monster-girl waifus even though they are not humanoid

Sauce.

elf-comic.thecomicseries.com/comics/1

thanks

First off, there's nothing inherently weird about being a summoner.

Second, I make them a cute girl who likes dresses, and summons her creatures by lifting her skirt and letting them crawl out form beneath her.

The better spawns are also cute girls, which she has appear directly behind her, relative to the most pressing enemy, so when she steps aside, they're there.

What's going on in this image?

mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=94757

>First off, there's nothing inherently weird about being a summoner.
Unless you've gotten extremely lazy/handwavy, it's a few degrees weirder than being a wizard or cleric.

>or possibly make them treat their summons as monster-girl waifus even though they are not humanoid
Superlative taste.

I actually believe a specialized caster is more normal than "fuck you, let me pull out some lich dust and give you a tentacle for a dick controlled by the spirit of an angry dog! I scried what you did!"

good lord that is still ongoing and moving at the same glacial pace

While that image is generally horrifying, the tarantula acting as the left hand is still adorable.

I like when summons are permanent so if you summon a giant raccoon then you have a giant raccoon pet now. The only problem is that it would be a bit overpowered and would be absolute hell for the DM to calculate an army of assorted monsters every time a fight happened.

I like this more when summons stop being friendly after the duration.

Yeah, like if you're fighting a troll with a bear then after the trollnis dead then you still need to deal with a wild bear. Which you could then possibly deal with by summoning more creatures which you will then need to fight. THAT'S how you make summoners weird. They pull an "Old Lady who Swallowed a Fly" on all of their problems so the people who actually need to deal with the fallout of a summoner fight just hate them.

A summoner should be wearing clothing and accessories made/enchanted from their summons (alive (discarded feathers, et al), dead (bloodprice/atonement quest), murdered for pelt (evil summoner)).
They usually like their summons as much or more than their own race.
Crazy cat lady wins again.

Usually I write summoners as using their body as a vehicle for their summoning. Maybe if they're summoning something, a part of their body swells up and bursts, and the thing crawls out.