What kind of feats should a high-level fighter be capable of?

What kind of feats should a high-level fighter be capable of?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4-hiooEmi-I
youtube.com/watch?v=DrRFzwPE0d4
youtube.com/watch?v=lrL0bYsF_0E
youtu.be/lJVIu_wNm4g?t=53s
youtube.com/watch?v=YMXMBF_PCy8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>kills angels with fists and forehead
>challenges deity to single combat
>wins
>becomes immortal

dat shit is insane yo.

I don't have a problem with this scene.

animu shit

>slicing with your sword and having the other guy not even realize he's been cut in half until he tries to move
>cutting straight through boulders and other swords
>leaping incredible distances
>grappling enormous creatures
>bending steel with your fists
>deflecting or catching arrows/bullets
>knocking armored men unconscious by punching them
>swinging dudes around to hit other dudes
>refusing to die, even in frankly ridiculous situations

Also, sauce? Looks really fun.

One thing I don't like is how Soldier #1 fumbles grabbing the leader's arm right away. They should have done another take.

Well
>STR/CON Fighter
seems like a good start.

Is india so arid?

This, basically. I swear, half the problems with stuff like Pathfinder is the artists watch too much anime and the rules devs don't watch enough.

Its a big country

For a high fantasy setting, literal muscle magic, like weird abstract martial fuckery and general badassery.
>breaking enchantments with your fists
>stabbing a man in his childhood
>slicing open a portal to another world
>flying by dodging the ground as you fall
>becoming immortal by dodging death itself
>personifying abstract concepts so you can beat them into submission

getting OP to stop making these threads

In what way is that pulley attached to the ground?

Anything out of the Homeric epics. Casters should be adjusted to match.

>LMAO 4(You)!!

You can't do this - it's not realistic and will break any setting's aesthetics.

Source?

>>slicing with your sword and having the other guy not even realize he's been cut in half until he tries to move
Necromancy can do this, at range to boot

>>cutting straight through boulders and other swords
Stone shape/warp metal is a more versatile version of this

>>leaping incredible distances
Strictly worse than flying/levitation

>>grappling enormous creatures
Hold Monster, or system equivilent

>>bending steel with your fists
Warp metal; again this can also work at range

>>deflecting or catching arrows/bullets
Protection from arrows, or system equivalent of wall of orce/shield/barrier/etc

>>knocking armored men unconscious by punching them
Sleep; once again works at range too

>>swinging dudes around to hit other dudes
Telekinesis

>>refusing to die, even in frankly ridiculous situations
Just be a Lich

Explain why I shouldn't just learn magic instead?

Ok

qualitatively the same things as ordinary humans but to a quantitatively much greater degree

beowulf was said to be 40 times stronger than other men, so start there. just take any world record and multiply it by 40.

Being able to throw weapons through magical or otherworldly defense. I should be able to throw an axe into the next fucking dimension if I want to.

>Explain why I shouldn't just learn magic instead?
Because magic is for pussies. Why would I bother with spells like a weakling when I could do similar enough things with my bare-fucking-hands?

Having them be “at will” abilities without using spell slots/uses/points/whatever would be pretty handy.

Low-level improvised weapons:
youtube.com/watch?v=4-hiooEmi-I

High-level improvised weapons:
youtube.com/watch?v=DrRFzwPE0d4

What's this from?

katanagatari, or something to that effect

I don't even need to open the thumbnail - Katanagatari - a preview, not in the episode itself.

>Not realistic
>In an RPG

Neck yourself.

Anime shit and massive damage that easily surpasses anything a wizard can do. If D&D wants to solve caster supremacy they need to abandon their selective application of "realism" and acknowledge that martials should be as superhuman as wizards at high levels.

>You can't do this - it's not realistic and will break any setting's aesthetics.

You know a guy wrestled an angel in the bible, right? Hitting an angel with your fist isn't exactly a stretch.

Because you can't do all of them?

because you can have more AC and HP than wet toilet paper?

because those spells aren't cantrips.

Don't act like casters don't need time, materials, and spell slots to use spells, we all know how this game works.

Bahubali: the beginning

>stop having fun wrong

Do one, if I want my characters to be able to rock up to Zeus and push his face in, thats what will happen

>>>deflecting or catching arrows/bullets
>Not possible within the game.
deflect missile feat?
catch missile feat.
RETURN MISSILE FEAT!

Most of those rather explicitly exist in D&D.

I just wanted to jump in and shit on you for being retarded

There: youtube.com/watch?v=lrL0bYsF_0E

>using a dex weapon as a str weapon
>the weapon breaks
No shit user next you're going to tell me that guns are ineffective as thrown weapons

...wait is that a katana losing out to a european-style sword? In japanese media? What is this and where can I find it?

Yeah nevermind I forgot half of what I was arguing against and didn't realize only half it wasn't in DnD. Disregard all that I cook socks

Shut up faggot we all know the only systems that even has this problem is D&D what did you expect to see in this fucking thread people talking about Runequest

That doesn't really make sense as a response to what they're saying, especially considering that the post they're responding to is bitching about how spellcasters are too strong.

>next you're going to tell me that guns are ineffective as thrown weapons
have a fun gif

It's a saber not a katana.
And he was trying to redirect the blow out of the way.

How can people not recognise Berserk? at this point its like not recognising Dragon Ball
And sauce on that webm

What spectrum of powerlevels is the system and setting intended to represent?

No, not a katana, it's a rapier. Griffith is far more finesse than strength

AC/HP stops mattering once you hit Level 6+ because at that point, you can reliably survive most hits that the enemy can throw at you. Plus, there's no point in surviving one extra round unless you have the means to either kill them the next round or GTFO next round.

>guns are ineffective as thrown weapons
Fight me.

Might Guy or One Punch Man, basically.

youtu.be/lJVIu_wNm4g?t=53s
At high level this kind of stunt should be a simple thing for a fighter to perform.

A high level fighter should be capable of overcoming damn near any obstacle through strength, physical prowess, and martial might. Castle in your way? A single punch topples it's walls. A massive giant dares to challenge you? Split it in twain with a single swing of your blade. A god believes himself greater than you? Arm wrestle him. And win. Sunder mountains, shake heavens, move land masses, route armies with a single look, kill men with a roar, wrestle immense monsters as if they were a pet dog, shatter spells with your bare hands. You are power personified, might made flesh.

Transform the world by the might of your muscles alone. Or punch moons away.

youtube.com/watch?v=YMXMBF_PCy8

I let a barbarian player get an ability in my game, that was called "Momentous Stubbornness"
Once pr. day, he could add his proficiency to a wisdom or intelligence save. If he used it to succesfully resist an enchantment spell, the caster of the spell had to save, or the spell effect would be mirrored back at him.
Was pretty fun.

I'm going to shit your pants

It's from Katanagatari, but it's cut together from a "in the next episode" teaser, and you never actually get to see the full fight. That's all that was animated of it. It shows the aftermath and the characters commenting "Wow, what an incredible fight! It destroyed the whole island!"

Katanagatari is a show that hates you and doesn't want you to watch it.

>why not learn magic instead

Because the player presumably wants to play a warrior. It's just a game.

He would definitely have a level in barbarian so he could rage

Wow. Atmoic Blonde looks lke a giant piece of crap. Glad I didn't see it.

Pathfinder balances all the classes reasonably well. Fighters are just as good as wizards, at least

>you can't do this
Get good

It was pretty solid, but if the John Wick style of fight scenes aren't your cup of tea then you wouldn't be into it.

Depends o-

-n the

13th warrior starring antonio banderas. based off of the michael crichton book "eaters of the dead."

Excaliblast. Or just cutting reality.
Also
>super jump
>blocking fall damage
>super speed
>super strength
>regeneration

And
>masculinity magic
Reality bending based on user's masculinity
>manly energy field
>manly death stare
>manly breath

/k/ and Veeky Forums alliance when?

when you're autism gets you purchasing actual firearms for the purpose of role playing the 2nd liberation of Rhodesia.

/pol/ might actually join in as well for that one.

Veeky Forums has become too much of a safe space to get /pol/ interested in it

Man, I love that scene.
Homeboy spends the whole fight getting his ass knocked around and at the end he's all NOPE.
>See to your friend. He was a brave man.

>masculinity magic

He rages pretty hard but he's pretty much not a barbarian in any other way.

He liked his life best when it was strictly regimented and he was the boss of his gang of soldiers, while being bossed by Griffith.
He was strictly the product of civilization (even though it was the brutalizing aspects).
As far as I remember he is pretty true to his word, going so autistic to fight Zod after they collaborated to beat the eastern wizard dude (but was stopped by Serpico of the fairy or someone).

I can totally see him as barbarian if he was not raised by mercenaries though.

I wish that were true instead of 5 false flag Magic: The Gathering threads a day.

The ability to compel enemies to face him in honorable combat.

>rapier
>curved blade

You ignorant swine.

Check out these rapiers

Okay, first off, those aren't rapiers. Secondly, their blades are bent due to impact, not due to design.

Picture of FAL and short shorts?

>It was as he raised his sixth and final midget to attack that Sir Richard began to question his choice in dueling weapons.

Nah bro, don't you know anything? Rapiers are super thin and bendy and are for whipping about like Zorro.

Four attacks with decreasing bonuses when doing a full-attack action, of course. Wouldn't want to break realism.

Those are Fencing Foils and are designed to bend so you don't murder someone in the sport. Rapiers are thinner than broadswords, but aren't supposed to bend and are designed for stabbing more than slashing. Think Indigo's sword in Princess Bride

Poe's law at work, I guess.

>High level spell caster: Capable of bending the very fabric of space and time
>High level fighter: Can swing their weapon a couple more times, and maybe hurt harder.
Realism sure is fun

The kinda shit this nigga could pull off

Shooting.

>A high level ranger
Split the moon with an arrow and shoot the stars from the sky as if they were hunting ducks

>arrow
no.

Arrow, bullet, once released it all kills the same.

Read Greek myth. Everything Achilles and Hercules did? That.

>deflecting arrows
>not allowing them to skid off your granite features like the gnats they are

It's like you guys don't even martial.

Literally my favorite page in all of Kill 6 Billion Demons. I wish this shit was animated

So, Exalted then.

>Not knocking arrows aside with a boisterous laugh or a primal roar