How do you a spartan society of warriors without making it.........kinda gay?

How do you a spartan society of warriors without making it.........kinda gay?

user the spartans were really fucking gay

I suppose technically having plenty of women warriors around to be ambiguously intimate with would at least make it kinda bisexual.

>They openly have an orgy in front of the enemy before going into battle.

Make them all women.

Say no homo.

Tell me more about your gay spartans, OP.

>without making it.........kinda gay?
You take inspiration from a source other than Spartans because they were gay as fuck.

Those guys aren't gay tho, doesn't count if it happens on the down low

>without making it.........kinda gay
By making it really fucking flamingly gay.

Well, they're kind of like historical Spartans. Actually, they're exactly like historical Spartans. So just look those up, I guess.

Actually that's only according to second hand-hand accounts from other greeks who were really fucking gay. We don't really know all that much about sparta for certain due to lack of firsthand accounts.

>without making it.........kinda gay?
Make it overwhelmingly gay.

Spartans allegedly hated of lot of Greece because of their habit of using apprentices as sex toys. They felt that they degraded the respect of the master/apprentice dynamic.

...actually that might be a good idea. Sex tends to raise testosterone levels in men which would promote aggressiveness.

You can't have a macho warrior culture without it turning at least kinda gay.

>spartans were gay
so this...is the power of....marxist propoganda...whoah

Also history. Same thing, right, user? It's not like honest right-thinking citizens have any need to kno or care about the past, right?

Codex Alera actually has a solution to this.

You have all young, unmarried women serve as professional camp followers, setting up camp, cooking food, Tending the wounded, and repairing armor and uniforms. This way the soldiers can fight all day and come back to a hot mean and warm bed.

>But wouldn't this lead to a lot of illegitimate children

Yes, and that was the point. You want to keep your numbers up as much as possible.

You get over yourself?

fuck I wish I was that big. brb gb2 Veeky Forums

Generally speaking, Spartan boys were around only other boys for most of their teenage years. Many would at the very least experiment.

You go the Sacred Band of Thebes route and make it totally gay

I don't know what Codex Alera is, but that's basically how armies operated throughout the entirety of history until the development of comprehensive logistics trains towards the end of the 19th century and beginning of the 20th century.

Before then, every army bigger than a raiding party was accompanied by a chaotic blob of camp wives, blacksmiths, priests, cobblers, clothes-menders, cooks, and prostitutes to tend to the army's various needs.

>he really thinks the Romans and Greeks weren't gay as fuck
I know it's hard to understand that the builders of Western Civilization love dick but that doesn't discredit them.

So they only respected when two experienced warriors made love? I admire that.

So kinda bad at fighting anything but pitched battles, grossly overblown reputation, and generally just a bunch of police officers for their slaves?

>How do you a spartan society of warriors without making it.........kinda gay?
You make it Athenian :^)

>Athenian
>not gay
>any other group of ancient Greeks

pick any one

>Athenians
>not gay

> I know it's hard to understand that the builders of Western Civilization love dick but that doesn't discredit them.

They loved boipucci, not dick. Even Romans and Greeks laughed at the catamites who took benis because that's where they drew the line for being gay.

also stronger

Right, but this time you organize them.

By making it REALLY gay

Heart shaped plant. Fucked out of existence. Early birth control. Too lazy to Google it. Not to mention sheep skins and such.

There has never been an excuse to not practice safe sex.

See, instead of making it kinda gay you make it really gay.

The Silphium plant, most important export of Cyrene.

And they thought licking pussy was gayer than taking dick. They shouldn't be considered the masters of what's gay.

they thought putting your mouth on a lady's dick-taking hole was more submissive that putting your mouth directly on the dick

I know this may be hard for turbo plebs to understand, but "greek" views and acceptance of homosexual behavior varied widely from region to region and also over time, and were as generally as divided then as they are now and also generally stigmatized; which is why, for example, the majority of homosexual behavior in greek art is shown being carried out by satryrs, creatures who embody hedonism and depravity.

More to the point, spartan pedastry was not homosexual in nature, nor was their acceptance of homosexual relationships between adult spartan men.

Yes, and? just because some people in society practice homosex dosent mean that society is a "gay society"

There's nothing wrong with being gay, as long as you aren't an effeminate fag.

That's not how males work lol