What is the point of doing "punch a guy so hard you turn them into a duck!" or "slash the air so hard you make a...

What is the point of doing "punch a guy so hard you turn them into a duck!" or "slash the air so hard you make a portal!" or "parry so hard that you deflect someone's lies!"?

Could you not just make these characters explicitly gishes? They blend martial skill and magic anyway.

Verbal components are kiai shouts, somatic components are swinging a weapon.

What, do you just want to avoid spell slots/power points and antimagic?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wmvHtkK2i5U?t=1m38s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Do all games need to work on the same logic and aesthetic?
Or could you just fuck off and let people enjoy things?

We've moved past "everything is DnD" posts and into " everything should be DnD". Truly this must be the darkest timeline.

>It's another thinly-veiled "martials should never be as good as equivalently leveled casters" OP.
Also this.
Truly.

>What is the point of doing "punch a guy so hard you turn them into a duck!" or "slash the air so hard you make a portal!" or "parry so hard that you deflect someone's lies!"?
I'm playing a Sidereal. It's expected.

I'll be honest, I assumed OP wasn't retarded and was in fact talking about Exalted.

What's the point of making them gishes other than satisfying someone's autism? Is it really wrong for a rogue to be able to steal someone's very soul if he's good enough? Superhuman people should be able to do superhuman things.

What difference does it make other than fluff?

BECAUSE IT PRESENTS A DIFFERENT/UNIQUE FORM OF MYSTICISM NOT COVERED BY THE HERMETIC TRADITIONS OF THE WEST. CLASSICAL D&D MYSTICISM IS BASED ON WESTERN ALCHEMICAL, HERMETIC, AND SOLOMAIC TRADITIONS.

In an RPG, fluff is generally a very big thing. I mean, it's most of why people play.

And which of those was throwing fireballs and shitting lightning bolts? D&D spellcasting has very little in common with actual mythology about spellcasters.

Except I don't do that.

Fighting men can and should be supernaturally be good at fighting. Their arrows can break through fortifications and they could stand against an enemy army. But that's a different thing entirely to your meme "hur dur punch someone into a duck" strawman.

BLAME JACK VANCE

Rosamia, Hex Knight. Granblue Fantasy.

Ayyy thanks.

yeah, we used to be able to discuss those tings on Veeky Forums but now it gets deleted as unrelevant content.

i miss the old mods.

You might've responded to the wrong post.

Jeez... Was that thread really seven years ago?

Oh, I do. I curse his name on a daily basis.

>"You now hold the man's heart. He dies, and the guards are aware you just murdered someone."
youtu.be/wmvHtkK2i5U?t=1m38s

or posted the wrong pic

>unrelevant

So be a gish?