I can't play this, I get frustrated at numbers!

>I can't play this, I get frustrated at numbers!
>plays 5e
>quits
>is female
women in gaming are a fucking joke
Do you guys have normal women players? As a DM, I only had 1 to manage to do just fine, which involved learning my simplified whfrp system. Another 2 couldn't manage neither WoD nor 5e. They were fine players, but they can't understand the mechanics at all. Never had such problems with males.

My dm is a gril and she's just fine.

lucky you. The only experience about women in gaming I have is these 3 girls and observing Marisha. You can't even call me a nerd with no experience, most DMs never got to have 3 women at their table.

Sounds like they could have grasped the mechanics with no real problem, they just didn't want to. They wanted freeform roleplaying, not reading rulebooks and rolling dice. So they just never tried to learn, thus they didn't learn, and then they recycled every unmotivated kid's excuse from math class: "I can't".

What few girls I've played with or heard about have't had any problems, and it isn't like girls have any general problems with learning the mechanics of in general, as most teachers can tell you.

Yes women in tabletop are a problem.

Because they are emotional. I have not played with a woman that can suitably temper her outbursts.

If something goes against them they get very upset, if their character is in a stressful situation they start to feel real stress.

i never had problems with women that i would not have with other players. You either play with shitty people or are pulling this out of your ass

That sounds like shitty players rather than women in general. I've played with men and women alike and they've been fine.

back to plebbit, thinskin

>bait threads about trannies and roasties within minutes of each other

>3 women and Marisha
So three other women on Critical Role?

I can absolutely confirm that women feel real stress about stressful fictional situations. Whether it's movies or board games or just awkward stories, my girlfriend and her friends get actually worked up. God forbid you make a mistake when explaining rules, then it's instantly too complicated. Then of course there's the whole "I like games I can just jump right into without reading any rules, like Uno!"

>Party is teifling alchemist, Orc bezerker, a naga rogue, a cleric and me, a Paladin
>So they walk down the stairs, and the lobby is right around the corner
>Rogue hears something
>someone creeping up the stairs behind them
>giant cultist cube out for our souls
>Run from the murder cube
>Nobody says shit about the cleric
>He also didn't get the hint
>Rogue just shrugs at me
>DM gives me a weird look
>NEar total party wipe, due to bad rolls. My Paladin is only one left, and on low health.
>Everyone else is bleeding out
>BBEG "Stand down, stop fighting me, and I shall let you live. Join with me, and serve me, and I shall bring back your beloved, gifted with life so she never has to leave you again."
>The rest of the players are silent
>Deal with glares
>Phew
>The dick-ass DM ain't having any of that
>I look at him
>I calmly point his "mistake"
>he becomes visibly upset, draws attention from everyone else
>Won't show it to anyone due to it being shiny.
>silence in the room
>spots the squishy members of the party
>Cleric puts up shields to defend them
>Mishap temporarily averted.
>HOWEVER, not the fallen will ragequit
>Cleric opens a door
>Call bullshit
>DM claims the cleric cast the spell
>Call bullshit on that
>DM's face is anus-red

>makeameme.org
Hi plebbit

>I can absolutely confirm that women feel real stress about stressful fictional situations.

You mean like human beings are capable of doing?

I have 3 girls at my table. One of them never had problems with the rules and is total powergamer, while the other fucks up sometimes, but really likes to roleplay her characters (something she is really good at).

You really got to practice your storytelling user, I want to make sense of that story but it's garbled as shit.

*2. Fuck.

Play with two girls, one of whom also is a GM.

Never had any issues whatsoever. Both are excellent players, really gets into character and does a good job of supporting the story. The GM does an amazing CoC campaign, complete with handouts, notebooks for every player etc. Thinking about it, the best groups I have been in are the ones with an about 50/50 balance of girls and guys.

>If something goes against them they get very upset, if their character is in a stressful situation they start to feel real stress.

Have you ever played with inexpierienced players? Because most of them act like that

It's OK to feel some stress, sure. But we're talking "I'm too stressed out to play/make a decision" levels of adverse reactions.

>if their character is in a stressful situation they start to feel real stress.

I believe we call that 'Empathy'.

i don't know why, but i feel like this was posted four months ago.

It's posted every day in different forms.

What the fuck did he mean by this death cube cleric opens the floor gets on the door and everyone walked the dinosaur?

This happened like 2 days ago, we had a great campaign and everyone was enjoying it, this girl loved the ncp I improvised so much that he and another guy couldn't stop laughing for like 20 minutes. But then, after a week of preparation, she still doesn't understand the spell slots (I personally explained it twice, and no one but her has a problem), and then attempted to cast a spell in a wrong way. I got confused because I thought its my bad since I don't know this spell, until I realised that she attemted to cast a second level spell she doesn't yet have, and she didn't prepare it, she just pulled it out of her ass and used it the wrong way. And then she is like ''THESE NUMBERS AND RULES, I CAN'T HANDLE IT, THAT'S WHY YOUR WARHAMMER GAME IS SO MUCH BETTER'' and says she can't play. So I just kick her from the server

I dont know what the fuck is going on here.

Played with a guy like that once. Great guy, good roleplayer, but he had to have the rules repeated every time he had to make a roll.

The real kicker?

We played Savage Worlds. Fucking Savage Worlds, and he would be equally dumbfounded every time. Smart guy too, worked as a programmer.

>Oh shit your character just took a fat crit and is in danger of dying!
Do you
>Careful weigh your options and think about your next move to try and save this character you've really enjoyed
or
>Panic, make a kneejerk reaction, and die, then get angry/upset at the GM and/or other players
There's a difference between the two and it's not "empathy".

I've had female players in parties I have hosted but dnd was "too mathy" for her, but our barbarian clearly never understands the rules and barely shows up and he's a male but he keeps playing.

My first dnd game in college was run by a woman and had one player who played a blind sorcerer. The player was great
>understood and read all rules
> actively planned character levels with an end goal in mind and always knew what she was doing on her turn.
>role played constantly and got me more into role-playing.

The DM however was shit.
>owns 2 shelves of dnd books but only reads them for fluff and doesn't understand meta nor goes back to refresh because MUH STORY
>the players miss a quest line cause the quest npcs would attack us and my wizard would roast them as the fighter butchered them as we were built to do.
>reaction to this? Obseenly loud crying followed by an anxiety attack while we all looked on in confusion. But to her credit she was mentally unstable and I didn't find that out till I started living with her.
> Major Trash Hoarder bugs everywhere, anxiety attacks when you ask her to clean, ditches real girlfriend for online one cause she panics when anyone is close to her.

Tldr; in my experience it's really who the people are, rather than their gender that makes a good player or not.

Sounds like the kind of person who was on a phone/laptop the whole time.

To clarify the blind sorcerer was a woman and a baller. Got laid in game more than the rest of us. Better control than me as wizard and better understanding of spells

Never, he always payed perfect attention and had a great time roleplaying. I think the rules simply didn't interest him in any way, he was there solely for the more free-form roleplaying.

I suffer from dyscalculia so I dont really like the math part of the game either

She suffers from lazy ass and anxiety. I had to finish the previous session because she got beaten by her father. Its been a year since I told her to leave her house and find a job, but its easier for her to get beaten from time to time than actually get a job. She has a brain, was top-2 of my course in uni at some point, just fucking lazy and has no willpower, thus no attention span

>I had to finish the previous session because she got beaten by her father. Its been a year since I told her to leave her house and find a job, but its easier for her to get beaten from time to time than actually get a job. She has a brain, was top-2 of my course in uni at some point, just fucking lazy and has no willpower, thus no attention span

That sounds less 'lazy' and more 'Trauma'. It's generally not laziness that has people stay in abusive situations.

Dude. Le epic mee-mee arrows are not a substitute for clarity. What are you even trying to relate here?

There's something called multiple intelligences, something just didn't click for him

Try a different system, doesn't have to be easier (just don't jump to champions or something)

>tfw used to play with a maths genius girl who got her phd at age 22.

You can’t ger a doctorate at 22 lol

>dysbrainia
Fuck off.

What did he mean by this?

you can if you go to university at age 14 due to being a maths genius, cretin.

i realise that's so far outwith the realm of your experience that it sounds impossible to you, but that doesn't mean it's not true. it just means your view of the world is narrow.

Your pasta is stale, get a fresh one.

Honestly, I've had way more problem with fatass self-identifying nerds than I do with anyone else.

Like, everytime I've ever had to throw someone out of a game, or end a session early because someone lost their shit and started crying, or had to replace something that got broken, it's because of a fucking nerd.

Also, every time I've had to argue with the rules with someone, it's always been one of these nerds. Without fail, I've had sessions derailed because one of these nerds wanted to fight over rules. And they are always wrong. Every fucking time.

Your hand isn't your girlfriend.

>women in gaming are a fucking joke
Women in general are a fucking joke. I wonder what men have ever done wrong to deserve being cursed with them.

Sounds more like severe depression than laziness.

There was a girl in the group I gamed with for years. Never had any problems. Your experience is not universal, fool.

I've played with numerous women coming in and out of my group. I'd say it's kind of a mixed bag with any players, but I definitely see it more with female players refusing to learn the system. On the flip side though, one of our best players is also a girl, and actually makes an effort to learn any and every new system we play.

Three women in our group, no problems yet. One is a bit of a powergamer though.

We had multiple women in our group. They weren't any worse or better at it than guys. Then again, this kind of game did not have a nerdy stereotype attached to it around here.

>>Careful weigh your options and think about your next move to try and save this character you've really enjoyed
This is why we had turn timer limits for figuring out what you want to do.

Have you considered that might have something to do with their actual person and emotional state? Being too stressed to perform something you do for entertainment because of said entertainment seems like someone with a lot of social anxiety or something, not because of an X chromosome.

I made the mistake of letting my friend's wife play. Which translates to "when her turn comes around she stares like a lobotomized cow until he tells her what to do, down to which dice to roll, she grabs the wrong ones, and he has to basically play her character for her, meaning her turns take three times as long as everyone else."

I have had four females over several campaigns. The only competent one was the stereotypical gamer-grrl thot, but even she was an annoying grandstander obsessed with being the center of attention. All of them had supposedly played tabletop before.

In contrast, out of about 13 or so men I've GMd for over the same time period, most of whom were new to the hobby, only one of them was of a similar level of incompetence, and he literally had fetal alcohol syndrome.

Or maybe the chromosome actually impacts the attitude, and if she feels that she is surrounded by males, she will try and ''rely'' on them. The sexes were split in most civilizations for a reason, women are not equal to men. All women in gaming are entitled because of white knights

She sounds like she's got more mental problems and probably a smattering of the 'tism, bro.
Source: Have been in that exact situation. Got better after seeing a psych.

I'm sorry she won't date you user

If women weren't required for mating, they would be driven extinct as a pest animal.

Out of curiosity, what country are you from?
These threads pop up sometimes and I always find it interesting to see if there's any correlation with view points and geographical location. The last guys that expressed similar views to that were both from Eastern Europe.

I am from Easter Europe as well
I rejected her

>Also from Eastern Europe
Huh. I wonder if it's something in the local culture or education there that makes people think that way; and how true your views might be based on local experience compared to Western Europe and the US.
Like, maybe women are entitled somehow in your area because of the culture in it tending toward women and men acting certain ways, while this doesn't hold true elsewhere because of how men and women act.

Anybody wanna contribute to science and throw in their views on women in gaming and the country they live in?

Midwestern United States here. German descent if it matters. The concept of women being perfectly capable of doing something but manipulating men into doing it for them by playing dumb isn't something that would shock many of my neighbors.

Nothing wrong with it in my opinion - women desire capable men, it's a test to see if you are. The problem I see with it currently is that used to also mean the woman would accept the man's authority, which they don't have to anymore, which turns this into Alpha Fucks Beta Bucks.

the /pol/ is strong with this one.

Sorry, didn't include how it effects my view of women in gaming. But basically I agree with the eastern euro bro.

And the Reddit / Tumblr has been strong with Veeky Forums since gamergate. Some of us remember when everybody on this board wasn't a whiteknighting faggot.

I lived outside of Eastern Europe, women are similar everywhere.
The culture is mostly based on sexual instincts, and women and men have different strategies. I personally believe men and women have different cognitive abilities. On top of that, yes, women in Eastern Europe are entitled as fuck. This is just rudimentary evolutionary trait, imo, such women were able to secure more resources for their children, but now all it does it makes males drop out of society. Not productive.

Saying women are just people, not inherently bad ad RPGs is whiteknighting?

Veeky Forums had nothing to do with gamergate

Statistically speaking, they are worse than males. And if you look at white knights defending people like marisha, women also don't get to improve, there is no reason to

>gamergame

Kek. Veeky Forums has always been one of the most civil of boards, since forever. Most controversial threads usually get pretty divided opinions and civil discussions. We have our fair share of neckbeards, but even they are more the "too autistic to accept normies" kind than the aggressively political racism of /pol/ that has been seeping into other boards lately.

Pretending that women and men are the same is whiteknighting, yes. Women don't think with the same sort of logical mechanistic patterns as men, which is why they are generally shit at non-free-form RP. It's the same reason most women aren't into sports, besides their general aversion to conflict and competition. Women prefer Consensus over Hierarchy, and rules heavy Tabletop Games are obsessed with categorizing everything to determine relative strength, ie hiearchy.

>Statistically speaking, they are worse than males.
What does that even mean

>Statistically speaking, they are worse than males.

Can I see the statistics there?

It means he wants to sound smart.

Yes, let's all pretend the culture of Veeky Forums as a whole didn't suffer shifts after gamergate, given that it caused reddit fags and Tumblr fags to come in in waves. Nobody gave a shit about "muh racism" until a few years ago.

That is too much unscientific bullshit for a single post, you gotta spread it out.

IQ distribution charts, tabletop games are high iq hobby
MBTI charts, women are overrepresented among feeling type people. The archetype of an average gamer is an NT type, ususally, and these people are mostly males

The shift was xenophobic shitheads like you got even more aggressively xenophobic, and started getting triggered and deraling every single thread into pseudo-political discussions.

What fucking backward-ass world do you live in?

Buddy, /pol/ is the most reddit board out there. In fact, I dare say that any board save for /tv/ where you can post a pepe without getting a reply of 'Dumb frogposter' is a reddit as fuck board.

I'm sorry, send me an outline of how your gender studies class texts are structured and I'll try to fit the format.

You seem upset

>IQ distribution charts, tabletop games are high iq hobby

IQ distribution charts have women more clustered and men more extreme but there are plenty of high IQ women, just underrepresented in both genius and idiots. You are less likely to find a complete retard among women than you are among men.

This. The smartest women are dumber than the smartest men, but the dumbest women are smarter than the dumbest men

even shit like 5e is too complex for an average person most of the time, so my point is still there.

Science worshipper, why do women play in their own leagues in cybersport? Why do women suck in chess? Why do women get beaten in everything by males? Males are smarter and more competititve

Wouldn't this BE a gender studies topic? Since it's talking about the suitability for genders for a given area.

>MBTI
That is unscientific as FUCK, boi. Even among psychs you'd be laughed out the room because humans are way too complicated to be categorised into 16 neat types.

If you want a reason gamers aren't women, it's because men have way higher rates of autism and gaming is an autistic hobby.

>Oh shit you're bleeding out after taking a giant axe swing, why are you being so rash? You should be making the logical decisions here.
Because that's good roleplay. If you just had your arm cleaved off, you're not about to be like well hmmmm what should I do here? You're going to act impulsively.

You can tell how good a female player is gonna be by hair length and hair colour.

Natural hair & long hair = Fine
Short hair & Coloured hair = Worst ones.

>Women get beaten at everything
Ehh, women win out in emotional intelligence and aptitude, pain threshold, and a few other things on average.
Women are differently minded which leads to excelling and lacking across various issues, not inherently stupider in all cases across all peoples.

''Scientific'' is a shit argument. You people are not even scientists, the criteriums for something being called ''scientific'' are widely debated to this day. The fact is, women, by self-reported data provided by these tests, are more emotional than males. They are also less competetive. It means that they are worse gamers, that's it. Chess, Lol, Dota, DnD, real life jobs, they will be worse on a statistic scale without external help.

>even shit like 5e is too complex for an average person most of the time, so my point is still there.

Not really? I mean, I've literally had my 8 year old sister understand 5e. There is a difference between 'too complex' and 'Not interested'. Most women can pass a basic algebra course, 5e isn't too complex for them.

like they say, the only really recurring trend is the eyes and brain you analyze these other women with. you're a product of your culture as much as all women are. moreso, considering you harbor specific ways of seeing things that others outside your area don't share.

More emotional sounds like a benefit in a Role Playing Game. It's not a competition, it's roleplaying.

Why be so obsessed with gatekeeping? Just don't be an asshole.

>Why do women lose these competitions
>Because men are smarter and more competitive

I think its more the later. Women intelligence is generally more represented in areas that cant be made into competitions. like empathy