Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

Art Breto Edition

DoK week
Part 1 - warhammer-community.com/2018/02/19/daughters-khaine-part-1-daughters-khainegw-homepage-post-3/
Part 2 - warhammer-community.com/2018/02/20/daughters-khaine-part-2-morathi-shadow-queen/
Part 3 - warhammer-community.com/2018/02/21/daughters-of-khaine-preview-part-3-the-melusaigw-homepage-post-3/
Part 4 - warhammer-community.com/2018/02/22/daughters-of-khaine-preview-part-4-the-khineraigw-homepage-post-3/
Part 5 - warhammer-community.com/2018/02/23/daughters-of-khaine-preview-part-4-magic-and-prayersgw-homepage-post-3/

Previous Thread: Resources
>pastebin.com/cPgyVjT6

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules
General's Handbook 2017
>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0
Legions of Nagash
>mega.nz/#!L44kEbRJ!VooTlhCe_WTmf5SFEds_wni8Z0EQDfBBsB1KBY_8ZW4
Malign Portents
>mega.nz/#!7x5hgZZL!l3KcjIUfNjDbEhjFeH31M9mRFfPf03yUFuN-jMU1JBg

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=e75qk0OoVZk
rafm.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=RAF&Product_Code=RAF02010&Category_Code=rafboxgame
war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/2762
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Compendiums/warhammer-aos-tomb-kings-en.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

sea aelves

Whats your favourite unit and why?

Pre-nerf zombies because I loved the idea of these hordes of the undead smashing together as disparate swarms were cut down by the enemy. They've honestly got much less appeal now that instead they're just singular units that rise and fall individually with no ability to merge as they take causalities.

Soon

Skink Starseer. It’s fun

New centerpiece unit idea for Dispossessed update.
Grugni on Anvil of Doom.

Not big enough

What you think anons? Need help

Do you like DoK?

Skink Starpriest cause cute

I do, but I am a bit scared that sea aelves models will be top notch

Squig Hoppers. Just look at them. They're so fucking fun.

>Not imagining a massive mobile forge with a Ogor size Grugni on top.

Irondrakes.
Flamethrower units are best.

Then wait. Sea Elves will likely be extremely monobuild compared to upcoming Slaanesh soup book tho

Putrid Blightkings.
Incredible sculpts, lots of variety and they're basically the reason I started AoS in the first place

>Slaanesh getting squatted
>sold my army
Not quite sure whether you are baiting or a fucking idiot or both.

>Hasn't actually been squatted
> Selling a squatted army before it reaches max resale value like TK or Bret's have

Nigga you dumb

Any bonebros rate my starter list? From a pure non-powergaming perspective. Mostly for fun. Is the Blood Queen box worth grabbing? Or should I just get a Barrow Lords/Skeleton Horde box for now?

Allegiance: Grand Host of Nagash
Necromancer (110)
- Artefact: Ossific Diadem
- Lore of the Deathmages: Fading Vigour
Wight King with Baleful Tomb Blade (120)
- General
- Mount: Steed
- Trait: Lord of Nagashizzar
Vampire Lord (140)
- Mount: Flying Horror
- Lore of the Vampires: Amaranthine Orb
30 x Skeleton Warriors (240)
- Ancient Spears
10 x Grave Guard (160)
- Great Wight Blades
5 x Black Knights (120)
1 x Corpse Cart (80)

Total: 970 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 71

>tfw sold a Brettonian Battle / Army Force box for £205

fucking mental

Soon

What? I know the store holding a single brets battalion box for £50

>vampire lord in GHoN
Literally why, famalam? Drop that nigger for another necromancer and up your skeletons to 40.

Yep. Sold one of the three-pack of resin greatbow ushabti for $150 at the end of last year.

Love Chaos Warriors. Come in a box of 16 when you can field even 5 of them. Easy as fuck to paint and assemble, plenty of ways to use them. Also mark of chaos is cool as fuck

Because I have a cool conversion in mind and like the vampire magic.

I might throw out the corpse cart and black knights so I can shoehorn some ghosts in there just because I like the models a lot. The corpse cart model is just...weird looking.

No self-respecting Deathrattle player is going to use an unmodified Corpse Cart, even though they're now basically an auto-include.

Fair enough on the Vampire Lord. You do you, user.

>blood coven out of stock

Buy it, sell it on eBay, make sure you use the GSP so people all over the world can bid on it.

Better yet, tell me which store so I can buy it

Hmm. Ideas for a boney corpse cart? Find a small wagon, shove it full of skeleton bits and skulls, get some skeleton horses to pull it? I do definitely see the benefit of the cart. No lie.

I'm straying so far from my original idea of running Nighthaunt though. It's kinda sad.

It's a small store in my town - they have some old battalion boxes. IIRC they also have a TK and Empire one

name of store please

user, calm your tits. It's a small modeling store with no online option in my town. I'm living in a 5000 people shithole and noone gives a fuck about these boxes here. Should I get both TK and Brets?

Morgawr approve. m.youtube.com/watch?v=e75qk0OoVZk

Oh, and to go ahead and share what I'll likely be running as my standard 1k list for Deathrattle in the wake of LoN. Either this, or just drop everything fancy and bonezone with two units of Skeleton Warriors. I just really don't like running 10-man units of Grave Guard, but I reckon I might as well see. Black Knights just look like they got longdicked, but if their offense buff ended up being worth it, we'll see. Otherwise, I might drop the Knights, up the Grave Guard to 15 and slot in 5 Dire Wolves if I can find good skeletal dogs. They're nice fast chaff and they only get even more durable next to a corpse cart because of the boosted save and basically the guarantee of a dog coming back.

Allegiance: Grand Host of Nagash
Wight King with Baleful Tomb Blade (120)
- General
- Trait: Lord of Nagashizzar
Necromancer (110)
- Artefact: Ossific Diadem
- Lore of the Deathmages: Fading Vigour
Necromancer (110)
- Lore of the Deathmages: Decrepify
40 x Skeleton Warriors (280)
- Ancient Spears
10 x Grave Guard (160)
- Wight Blades & Crypt Shields
1 x Corpse Cart (80)
5 x Black Knights (120)

Total: 980 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 81

Famalam, what do you think that pic is? Another alternative I was musing over in a few previous threads was setting up some sort of a palanquin for a Wight King's Throne. A dispassionate leader who isn't even commanding the battle but rather silently watching his soldiers fight as his presence strengthens the magic that holds them together. Only ever actually fighting in retaliation to fools daring to attack him.
>rafm.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=RAF&Product_Code=RAF02010&Category_Code=rafboxgame

It doesn't exist or you'd had said the name, nice larp bro.

Oh shit, tornado warning!
Sirens are going off and my lights are flickering.
I need to protect my minis!

Sure, so you can buy it. Not this time m8

war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/2762

>> Morathi is such a disgusting slut Slaanesh a god of depravity litteraly pukes her out
>> People expect to live after having sex with her?

>Implying anyone should share where they are from in this shithole.
Not getting me, user!

I don’t plan on doing anything competitive and will likely stick with fun narrative games with friends. But is there any REAL drawback to playing mixed alliance armies?

Just picked up the KO start box and their aesthetic and 580 points could round out some 1000 and 2000 armies that aren’t exactly Order.

Someone repost the points value for the daughters of khaine that got posted last thread?

FrostLord on Stonefang.

Big bois doing big things.

Yeah that's my #2 list actually. I like the look of black knights and they come in the barrow lord box. So whatever. Works for me. Grave guard are durable and deadly enough to take a hit, I think. I'd give them great weapons though.
Ill keep wiggling with my lists and see if I can shove any ghosts in there just for shits and grins. From what I hear, Nighthaunt is really scary at 1000pts with the Knight of Shrouds. It falls apart after that though.
I guess really anything could be a corpse cart, since all it needs is bones and wheels. I'll have to give it a good think.

You cant use a mixxed alliance army

Alright, I've definitely seen these boxes in my LGS and probably a High Elves one too. The Empire on is probably not worth much since freeguild is still sold online. How much can I get for TK and Brets ones?

>Witch Aelves and SoS are still 60 Dollary Doos

What the fuck, was this just something that Kirby specifically requested be in place? I know he had a hand in why they were so expensive the first time around, but for fuck sake, it's been a few years now and these need to go down in price.

If you mean Alliance Soup where everything's drawn from the same GA but picked from among all the different factions in that GA...
>no Lores
>only the single GA allegiance ability
>only one generic table of traits and artifacts
>no gimmick battleline pics
Those are the big ones, though they apply differently to different mixes.

I only ever field Great Weapons in units of 20+, personally. Though I do exclusively field Great Weapons once they hit 20. I've always found 'em way too fragile at 10-strong in regards to ranged threats. Obviously it also depends on the amount of Rending you end up against, but for the 10-man units, I pretty much always bring shields just to help ensure they actually get to the fight. That might no longer be as necessary given the fact we can now get two 6+ ward saves, but time'll tell.

$300 and up, easily.

Not that guy but.. my lgs still has quite a bit of tomb kings in stock on the shelves.

I know its rare but they are still out there.

>60 Dollary Doos
Don't misuse that word, famalam. They are 70 dollary doos as those explicitly refer to Australian funbucks.

Also, the price is supposed locked due to the fact that shareholders refuse to let GW lower the price on any kit, hence the existing of actual discounted bundles now which are a work-around that. When the new shit goes on sale and the new bundles get launched, you might see one that's literally just 20 Witch Aelves for $100 with a fancy new name.

For the Clan Pestilens start collecting, can I use the bits in it to assemble a Screaming Bell and a Warp Lightning Cannon?

>$300
Shit, each of them costs here about $70 here. Making $150 on each would be great
As far as I know, yes - they are the same kits

Why are shareholders stupid though? Like, honestly, even from a business standpoint it makes sense to lower the prices on some kits, this being one of them.

Kirby promised them they would never lower prices.

What are you working on /aosg/? I just finished my Slann in time for a tournament tomorrow

Looks cool man.

Personally detest the color scheme on the slaan, though it is well-painted. That base is rad as fuck, dude.

I tried to make it look like a poisonous dart frog, not sure I accomplished that goal

The will to continue university.

Cool base but that slaan looks like a blob

Slann are fat frogs, this is an accurate description of them.

1. The model is just a fat blob
2. Finecast sucks

You can if you take a general order or play narrative

Fineshit model iirc

Hiya Veeky Forums. I want to die, how do I best play Vampire Counts or Legion of Blood at 1k points?

Daughters of Khaine SC when?!

Is Nef any good? I love the Mortarchs but everybody and their fucking mother runs Arkhan

Allegiance: Soulblight
Prince Vhordrai (480)
- General
5 x Blood Knights (260)
5 x Blood Knights (260)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Wounds: 44

Gentlemen, I give to you six months worth of overtime.

1x Settra
1x Tomb King
1x Lich Priest on Horse
2x Lich Priest
1x Tomb Herald
1x Casket of Souls
6x Spectral Stalkers
4x Necropolis Knights
6x Ushabti With Great Weapons
3x Ushabti With Great Bows
1x Khermian Warsphinx
1x Necrosphinx
2x Tomb Scorpions
2x Bone Giants
1x Screaming Skull Catapult With Crew
1x Carrion
6x Chariots
16x Skeleton Horsemen
80x Tomb Guard
24x Bow bits for Skelel
24x shields and heads for legionaries

Now how do I play these guys?

Six months down the line at the earliest.

You already have a boxed deal for DoK you mong. Also KO had no SC! box for about a year since the release

but what happened to elias?

>actually spending the money for Kangz only to play them in a game that has squatted them and hit them with nerf after nerf to the point of irrelevance
lmao

You sell them on ebay for twice the amount you paid for them and play an army thats actually being supported.

TK are worse than practically any death faction now.

Congrats, you wasted your money. Without Danse, your army is irrelevant tier. Use it to play KoW or Warhammer. Because you have no purpose in AoS.

Christ that sounds dismal. Thank you though.

Ideas for Shyish bases, lads?

Sigmarite Mausoleum bits.

If you don't like elite armies you can always go full bone zone with 80 skellies or play FEC

This time next year.
lol

Soooo think we'll get a deepkin reveal soon?

like normal grass covered ground, but the sides of the bases are converted to show underground bones like a section

Come join us at brother. You could always use the Warscrolls Compendium if you insist on AOS. games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Compendiums/warhammer-aos-tomb-kings-en.pdf

How many of you actually took the bait?

Honestly the Grave Guard look fucking amazing. Vampire Counts leader with Grave Guard troops looks sexy

Yep, here. I've only really had a tangential interest in AoS thus far, occasionally playing the odd game with my Wood Elves/Sylvaneth recycled from WHFB. But the DoK book really grabbed me - I love the fluff, the art, the models, everything they've shown off so far. Just pre-ordered the book for now but I'm going to be buying into them in a big way soon.

>Spends overtime money to buy a dead army for a game that even needed the rules allowing them to play.
Suddenly I don't feel as bad buying into AoS with Dispossessed.

What are the chances all these units will come with masked and unmasked variants? I'm liking the daughters of khaine all the models look better in my opinion without the masks. The sisters of slaughter in particular look atrociously bad compared to the regular witch eld models.

Just pre-ordered Morathi, the battletome, and a coven box. Just hoping sisters of slaughter don't end up being integral to the army.

>80x Tomb Guard
for what purpose

Painting at the local gw some gold boys

>Just hoping sisters of slaughter don't end up being integral to the army.
There's really no reason to run them at all, anymore. Witch Aelves can now use their shields and get more attacks and has a natural save, so now the only reason to run Sisters is for a 6" pile-in.

Shit, snaek girls look so good. I want to use them in my std army but I have no idea how to make them fit the generic chaos theme

I wish I had a local GW.
My life is pain.

Strange question, but does anyone have a set of rules for Shadespire?
I recently ended up with some models, and my LGS has games now and then, but I'd like to be familiar with the rules before I go in.

If nobody has one, is there a place I could look?
I didn't see anything in the pastebin either.
Thanks.

Are there any situations where I'd run TWO mortarchs?

Emailed GW about some small irrelevant broken part and they mailed me a whole new kit. Should I build Arkhan to go with Nef or should I just sell it?

Finished up the next 7 Witch/Warlock Aelves and the Death Hag. Next I just need to finish half the Cauldron, Slaughter hag and attendants and the Medusa to finish up that first big box.

I feel like they dont hit as hard as regular squigs with herders, even with the extra movement.

Pegasus Knights desu
>fantastic models, glorious as fuck and fit the „high fantasy“ feel of AOS very well
>fast as hell
>hit like a damn truck on the charge, but need to be used correctly since they have no rend
>have given my skaven and death opponents PTSD by murdering their 40 strong chaff units in a single turn

Also:

Soon.