Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2077: What Happened To That Little Guy? Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1xAP-cDeV24KpZtvkGflx11gvpSZy5qFIsYkdIhYjD20/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1IsKddoCl8uqrYH9BleRQaVh_7m1haq8mHhPuxtSEBRU/edit?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=QdLIXiXs5ew
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

/jc/, I have a problem.

I've got an axe with a Daemon of Chaos Undivided talking out of it.
I've got a hammer that became the vessel of my first slain Demon Lord in Hero BBS via Dragon Edge.
I've got a flintlock pistol that was beaten out of another demon via my job as a Guardian in Wakfu.
I've got a Fairy King's Spear which became sapient after exposure to Drach’nyen.
And then I’ve got a massive pelt carved out of Fenrir’s hide, which contains a portion of its soul and thus its mind. I use it as a cloak.

Why is all of my equipment sapient and demonic in some fashion. And why do they not know how to shut up.

For Valentia what perks do you need to impregnate an entire nation?

Because Chaos demands your attention.

>2077
Fallout/FO4/New Vegas builds?

Find a way to create and give off a cloud of spores which turn into sperm cells on contact with the right tissues.
Then it's just a matter of programming those cells to travel to the right locations.

How fabulous are your undead?

>Find a way to create and give off a cloud of spores which turn into sperm cells on contact with the right tissues.
>Then it's just a matter of programming those cells to travel to the right locations.
Thanks user, reminds me of Woman of Steel and man of Kleenex

Y'all know how it is. They've got that Nehekharan aesthetic.

My skeleton minions are all experts at JoJo-style posing and fighting, I have a group of zombie that serve as a counterpart for the Ginyu Force, and I have a team of Magical Girl Ghosts. On top of all this, I myself am a gentleman skeleton.

In short? Absolutely fabulous, darling.

Reposting for YJ_user as requested.

Dig the nubian vibes

Fabulicious

So, Jumpers, for those of you that went to TNG: how many of you waifued/friendfued/husbandoed(?)/otherwise companioned (well, podded, I guess, since no canon companion option) Amanda Rogers?

I forget, how old is Elsa when "the incident" happens? I ask because I'm apparently going to be her and Anna's 7-year-old brother at the time, and I need to know how much just got butterflied.

Wiki says she was eight and Anna was five.

She's eight, apparently.

How do editions in Exalted work? Are they effectively different settings? Can you pick and choose what you like from separate ones? Or is it just a confusing hodgepodge of retcons like in Marvel? Because looking it up it seems like there's SIX new Exalted types in 3e and one of those six is a bunch of mass produced ones.

Oh, great, I get to have Middle Child Syndrome.

>Are they effectively different settings?
Yes
>Can you pick and choose what you like from separate ones?
Yes
>Or is it just a confusing hodgepodge of retcons like in Marvel?
Yes

Has anyone talked about making an Invincible jump? The series just ended so I figured I'd check to see if anyone had brought it up

They are different settings, yes, there are many differences between each edition. The jumps we have for Exalted are based in the second edition. No one will really object if you want to incorporate stuff from the third edition, I know a lot of people want Sorcerous Workings, but at the same time it's not supported by the jump. Wank responsibly. Just remember that 95% of Third Edition doesn't actually exist yet, because dear god is this dev cycle slow, so we know practically nothing about the new Exalted types beyond the basic concept.

Some SBer made a claim here and posted a WIP.

Yeah, yeah, laugh it up, at least I have a magic cat.

Sunnavabitch that's confusing, but thanks. I was just looking over the corebook and Sorcery is...somewhat more powerful than I remember it being. Almost like they're trying to make Shinmaic Calibrations for everyone in the Solaroids Club. And I'm just trying to figure out if they mean that you can make Behemoths, or baby Primordials:

>Solar Circle Working Ambition 3 (Goal Number 75): Make subtle alterations to the metaphysics of the entire cosmos. Create a supernatural being of a singular nature and considerable power. Cast a city-sized region into a different realm of existence, or outside of time and space altogether, with set conditions for when it returns or how it can be accessed.

On the downside, I am irrationally angry that Total Annihiliation seems to have been replaced by a spell called Death Ray. Which is about as underwhelming, unimaginative and shitty in comparison as you would imagine.

>And I'm just trying to figure out if they mean that you can make Behemoths, or baby Primordials:
If you look at the rest of the Working system, it's pretty clear they mean 3rd Circle-equivalent beings. Which would include some behemoths, sure.

>On the downside, I am irrationally angry that Total Annihiliation seems to have been replaced by a spell called Death Ray. Which is about as underwhelming, unimaginative and shitty in comparison as you would imagine.
Making the Mass Effect Reaper noise while casting it at point blank is pretty fun. Also, they mentioned Total Annihilation will probably come back once they get to a sorcery book.

>Tanith is a complete cutie but the Faithless Horror is metal incarnate. I can't choose what Hellstrider to use! Fug u Marky Mark, how dare you make me pick between things by writing cool stuff like that.
Because Hellstriders/Warstriders are cool as fuck.

>...Also does the Black Pearl sail only on water and sand? I think my reading comprehension might be failing right now 'cause I can't tell.
That's... a valid question. Don't think the item really clarifies it.

But it'll sail on any surface, so also on rock or grass or whatever. It's just that it can only be summoned to burst forth from liquid or sand.

>...One more thing! Is there a canon example of manses being moved and/or fused? I kinda wanna put the Tavern of Reveries, Morass of Virii and Manifold Beings, and The Sixfold Weave of Sublime Efficacy together. I think it'd be really fun to work with all of them on one project. Buuuut I don't really know if that's something that can even be done with manses.
Nope, sorry. The closest thing to that are manses connected in a network like the Sixfold Weave, and manses built on naturally moving Demesnes/manse built to be mobile in the first place (though since they have to detach from their demesne, they need a manse network to power them when they move).

Any chance you have the WIP?
I know it's SB but I'm still interested

Hey Mardukth, you said there was going to be other scenarios for Infernal, but what would those scenarios be? Also, are you planning on making scenarios for the other Exalted jumps you made?

Well, it's not just SB, since they made the claim here as well. But give me a couple minutes.

I believe it's extremely powerful Behemoths that you can make with Sorcerous Workings, not mini-Primordials. Primordials tend to be reasonably expansive in nature, not "singular".

As for Death Ray, I find it helps if you think of that as not replacing Total Annihilation but just also being there, another Solar Circle army-killer. I mean, Total Annihilation wasn't in the 2e corebook, either, that was Black and White Treatises.

Aight. Here you go:

>docs.google.com/document/d/1xAP-cDeV24KpZtvkGflx11gvpSZy5qFIsYkdIhYjD20/edit?usp=sharing

Any reason to grab the Jenova cells? Can't think of a use for them. What would they even do aside from making you stronger anyway?

Pic unrelated.

I have no idea how some 2nd Circle Demons can take out entire circles of Solars. Most Dawns from what I have seen would wreck nearly every single 2nd Circle Demon in 1 on 1 fight let alone with the rest of their circle backing them

>Create a clone of Jenova, using perks to ensure its' loyalty
>Create or enhance people to make super soldiers using the cells
>Create viruses out of the cells
>Create lesser monsters based on Jenova
>Enhance other biological creations of yours
>Use SCIENCE! to combine them with Devil Gundam cells, if you have those
Really, there are a lot of things you can do with them if you're a person of SCIENCE!

>I have no idea how some 2nd Circle Demons can take out entire circles of Solars
In Lore*

I’m a big fan of all the new stuff here. I can’t think of any real criticism, but I really like the new imaged look.

Right now, I'm looking at three more scenarios. Which would be...

>One Night In Gethamane (in which Vodak, a circle of Solars, and two Yozi decide to fight over reality engines)
>Crystal-Fire VS Demon Pirates VS Cthulhu & Sharks (In which you join either a She Who Lives strike team, or the Lintha pirates working with Dukantha, to conquer a flooded fortress-city deep below the Western (Not Luthe) to see if it can be repaired to fly again)
>Wedding Crasher (Which is exactly what it sounds like, you making off with Her Redness (though there's an alternative reward/route too). Tempted to try and write it in the style of a really lethal romcom.)

They're much more threatening in 3e now, but yes. Dawns can get ridiculously killy. That's the point of Dawns.

I think the idea is that they don't fight fully optimized combat monsters?

Gotta go

I imagine it's a matter of experience, like beginner Solars versus veteran 2nd Circle Demons. Sure, a full circle of Essence 5 Solars can take on damn near anything in-setting, but what if they're Essence 1 or 2?

Well in 3e a starting Dawn can have supernal combat abilities which basically wrecks most enemies.

2e is a bit more reasonable but if we are talking like he is renowned for killing young circles of solars. I would consider killing a group of elder dragon bloods a more impressive feat to have on your resume

Now all my Jumperkids can have moustaches too

Doesn't look too bad so far, thanks user

I'm open to more ideas though. How do they sound?

Anyway... no, I'm not really planning on making scenarios for the other Exalted jumps right now. Not really sure where I'd start with those?

The scenarios you have sound great, Mardukth. As for other scenarios...can't think of any at the moment, but I'll see what I can come up with later.

That's understandable, I was just curious. Speaking of curiosity, does who you side with in that 'Crystal-Fire VS Demon Pirates VS Cthulhu & Sharks' scenario affect your reward will be in some way? I imagine that the fortress-city is the reward, but will the different sides modify said city in different ways, or do they give some other reward aside from the city?

Are there any more WiP MtG Jumps?

Is there like a list of WiPs?

Well, depending on which you go with, some of the aesthetics of the Flame That Marched Against The Sea might change a little? Since your side would help with the repairs. On the whole that'd be minor though.

The main difference there is that whichever faction you work with will provide you with the crew for it. She Who Lives probably providing mainly will-broken mortals and her own demons, the Lintha mainly providing, well, Lintha pirates.

And, if I decide to include the third option, the current inhabitants would provide mainly squidfolk and Siaka, though I'd think you would need to modify a bit more of the place to keep the water in once it surfaces.

Do we have any existentialist jumps?

All of them can be if you try hard enough. I guess there's Evangelion?

The paper clip gauntlet

Jenova is a world-destroying quasi-sapient alien organism whose cells are connected to some sort of weird collective-consciousness and rapidly mutates any creature that they come into contact with into powerful (and unstable) monstrosities. Even in small doses they can turn an ordinary human into a superhuman SOLDIER and in much higher concentrations you get shit like Angeal, Genesis, and Sephiroth. It's implied that the "body" of Jenova as seen in the game is actually just the corpse of an infected Cetra, that Jenova can never truly die as long as even some of its cells still exist, and that it's responsible for all the monsters on the Planet that aren't WEAPONs.

So the potential applications of Jenova's cells are endless as long as you can contain the horrifying quasi-sentient alien bio-apocalypse that comes along with it.

I'm now imaging a cock fight where you pit psychic infectious monstrosities against each other including Jehovah, Halo Flood and Zerg.

>cock fight
>psychic infectious monstrosities
Isn't that redundant?

No. Chickens aren't psychic. They are only infectious if not treated properly. Monstrosities is arguably true.

>Monstrosities is arguably true
Damn right it is, those little motherfuckers hurt when they come after you.

Sooooo, basically, Jenova is akin to malignant Gourmet Cells?

One of the interesting things about Jenova is that it's not just physical. It's also capable of exerting influence into psychic/spiritual realms like the Lifestream, as demonstrated by Sephiroth producing Geostigma despite being dead and his intention to take control of the Lifestream by giving it spiritual alien cancer or something via killing a whole bunch of people infected with Geostigma. So it seems that it can somehow also interact with the soul as well.

Makes you wonder what would happen if you unleashed Jenova into 40k or something.

What are some jumps that have technomancy or technopathy? It's not exactly a common power from what I can see, given we have over a thousand jumps and probably 10 or so actually have it in them.

Thank you, user!

X-Men movies have them at omega level to take control of things in a large range

Hey, so the Dragon Break perk in the Morroblivion jump says that it can damage space-time if used to regularly, and I was thinking: could one use this to crash the Loom of Fate on one of the Exalted jumps?

ricrod? more like... hickrod

Noticed a small error in the Animal Crossing jump - The Jumpington's shop upgrade cuts off mid-sentence:
>At this point, you might want to have a few helping hands to

Are there any jumps that let you do things with divine power/energy that aren't related to a "domain"? I mean, domains can be part of it as long as there's some other generic reality warping/magic system-ish capabilities that are separate.

Oops. I'll fix that; thanks for pointing it out user.

Probably, although given how time works differently in Elder Scrolls to most other places it might not work. Time in ES isn't really a stable thing, but that's because the entire universe is just a dream of the Godshead.

>more ideas

Make Zen-Mu great again! The Yozis have decied you are to lead an expedition through the Faraway and attempt to colonise the graveyard of a world the Primordials left abandoned. May encounter discarded Wyld superweapons along the way like that mad frakenunshaped serpent and the collapsed tower of babylon-Jaeger hybrid thing, which could be both threats and vital components/sources of priceless artifacts for rejuvenating Zen-Mu

Through an accident while fighting Abyssals near the Well of Urd, you fell through time and space to a reality where the Primordials never lost. Now, you must spearhead the latest attack on the traitor Autocthon and end the threat of his Solar conspirators once and for all!

Demon politics! Help the Society of Reverant Foresters unleash Szoreny in Creation transplant Malfean flora in Creation for fun and profit! Solve a feud between The Way of the Infernal Fist and the Ten Shadows academy! Convince some overzealous Lintha to release the priest of Cecelyne they took hostage!

Isidoros has decided his hoofprint is taking far too long to scale Qaf, and is delegating you to make it go faster. He doesn't care how you do it, as long as it gets to the top by the end of your stay.

The Reclaimation is going better than anyone expected. Almost too well. So now a Yozi wants you to make sure it's agenda takes priority. Adorjan wants to get out first so she can replace the Elemental Pole of Air. SWLIHN wants you to smuggle some artifacts out her peephole in the Elemental Pole of Fire to let her worshippers in An-Teng become a world power. Cytherea wants to accelerate her own escape plan. And so on, and so forth.

Do you prefer to get permanent followers or to create/recruit new ones each Jump?

Postan again.

Any suggestions, related to the jump, are welcome.

A lot of places have the general holy magic suite. You know healing, protection, destroying undead, fixing corruption, hurting demons and the like.

The Gods Are Bastards is notable because you can quantum nanotech to create divinity and turn people into Gods.

There's the Prime Sphere in Mage the Awakening (or Mage the Ascension if you take SB Jumps).

>Mage the Awakening
>Mage the Ascension

What's the difference, aren't they just the same nWoD setting?

Ascension is from the old/classic WoD, same deal as Vampire the Masquerade (oWoD) vs Vampire the Requiem (nWoD). It also has somewhat different metaphysics and conflicts.

No. How reality and magic works is different.

Ah ok.

What jumps have perks that let you shed a physical form and become something that's purely spiritual? Like I would like to just become my soul, I know that the 4th magic in fate can do it (I think it's the 4th) but that's really the only one I'm aware of.

Just a slight niggle, but could you expand the origins boxes to be in line with the others?

Gemcraft

Speaking of which, do we have Jumps where you can take a ghost/spirit identity?

Justice League Dark lets you do it IIRC. Farethere City might also count but I know nothing about that setting to actually confirm that.

Gemcraft drop in
Danny Phantom Ghost

To elaborate on the differences, in Ascension, all reality is consensual. The laws of physics don't exist, everything is one big mass hallucination, the only difference between "magic" and "science" is that more people believe in science. Everything is magic, or arguably nothing is. That's why you can base a magic system on any belief structure and have it work, even if you know people who use magic based on a completely different belief structure. Nothing either of you believes in really exists, you're both equally wrong.

Awakening holds that the laws of physics do exist, but are incomplete. Our reality used to be connected to many higher-dimensional realms, and as a result had very different physical properties that allowed for the existence of magic. Then some ancient wizards broke reality to keep people from accessing magic, either to prevent abuses of it or to hog it all for themselves, depending on who you're asking. Mages are people that can reconnect the world with the higher realms and access the complete set of physical laws. But things in the "fallen world" really do exist, if your knowledge of the other dimensions is giving you the impression that everything is an illusion it's just that you're going insane. Or that some spirit from the Abyss, a place where everything really is all illusion and non-reality, is trying to mislead you for its own bizarre (and probably evil) purposes.

Jumpers. Which would be better to use, as the only transformation object, in the long term? (going for a tokusatsu hero chain but want to have a single transformation device and no modifications to the body like being a cyborg or growing giant)
Lost Driver (Kamen Rider W)
Zecter (KR Kabuto)
Sengoku Driver (KR Gaim)
Or if there's a better one, it'd be cool to know.

So you’re not going to combine the driver with new ones via the import options?

I might do later on but probably won't unless I reach the point where the Driver is completely outclassed.

I like the Disgaea one, it runs off of hot-blooded spirit. If you grab the capstone booster for The Unlosing Jumper you can even make other superhero items that run off the same.

...I'm not sure what you're talking about? They seem in line to me.

Also, while I'm at it, here's a link to the G Doc where people can comment more directly. docs.google.com/document/d/1IsKddoCl8uqrYH9BleRQaVh_7m1haq8mHhPuxtSEBRU/edit?usp=sharing

Gurren Lagann + Diebuster. Good idea or great idea?

I agree with the other user about the Unlosing Ranger belt.
If you want to stick with Kamen Rider, maybe check out the Fourze Driver for its Cosmic States form and the Gamer Driver for its customizable gashats.
You could maybe also make your own henshin item in one of the jumps that let you buy custom stuff, like Fate.

>tfw you wanna take all three Prana in the Sidekicks jump because they're the best power coyping/stealing/manipulation thingy in the entire chain
>but the normal perks are also great
This goddamn jump is killing me.

>Henshin hero
>in Fate
...It's gonna happen in the future isn't it?

>Groovin magic + Spiral Power
Error 404 Jumper not found

There’s already magical girls.

Lost Driver is okay if you've got a really good Gaia Memory, otherwise skip it. It tends to make overall weaker Riders than other Driver technology. Zecters make for pretty powerful Riders, but offer little to no upgrade potential. Kabuto only had a single upgraded form, and he was the only Rider of his series to get an upgrade. Sengoku Drivers are highly customizable, lots of potential different Lockseeds and if you remove the plate showing a side profile of your helmet (not sure why that's there, honestly) it reveals a slot to install peripherals. I'd probably go with that one, since it would let you keep u[grading just by engineering new Energy Lockseeds.

Oh yeah I forgot about those, it's only a matter of time then.

If you really want to go all in on hax, then you need a couple doses of Tzeench Champion, Daemon Prince if you can swing it, as well as Blue and Green Lantern rings.

Interesting!
Is this difference in reality only apparent in the Mage rpgs, or also in the others, oWoD vs WoD?
e.g. Masquerade vs Requiem, Apocalypse vs Forsaken, Dreaming vs Lost...

Going by the SRW games? It's the best fucking idea anyone's ever had. They team up and teach the Evangelion characters how to be hotblooded super robot pilots. It is the best: youtube.com/watch?v=QdLIXiXs5ew

Okay, so that's actually Gunbuster and not Diebuster, but since Noriko is the ideal that Nono aspires to I'm still counting it even if she's twelve thousand years behind Diebuster.

What are some relatively low-power jumps where I can get super powers that are more on the weaker side of things? Jumps like The Incredibles or Sky High.

I didn't know this was a thing, but holy shit. That's awesome. Is there any indication for how powerful you'd be with all three?

> Definite
Ben 10
Teen Titans
> Technically (Depending on how you define Technopathy)
Ghost in the Shell
Code Lyoko
Warhammer 40k Adeptus Astartes (The Black Carapace allows for Astartes to connect to their power armour and use it as if it was one of their limbs, that power armour can be connected to other vehicles and machines for the same effect)
Warhammer 40k (Techpriest implants)
Mass Effect (Lots of neural-based computing everywhere thanks to Omni-tools and their various interfaces)
> Uncertain
Deus Ex
Digimon Tamers

Hope this helps user.

Why not just jump Pokemon?