geekandsundry.com/shows/critical-role/

>Raven Queen in Dungeons and Dragons
youtu.be/gXWgG83jyaI

>Previously, on /5eg/:
Honest thoughts on Keyleth?

>He doesn't play an elf

Glad she's dead/retired/whatever

Xth for complaining about/promoting a feature after lvl 11 is retarded

Our group has some questions about mounted combat. When on horse it can either Dash Dodge or Disengage. So basically when you're on horse on combat it can literally dash all the time?

If it disengages, does it also count for you? Giving you basically free disengages?

If the mount has attacks (a beast) can it attack while you are directing it?

Is Travis the best Critical Role member?

Reminder to ignore shitposter threads.

After Mercer, obviously, and tied with Sam I would say. Although Laura has been pretty good this season, Vex limited her a lot last season, but she is clearly very talented.

More on building a custom item for each player (normie players love this shit).

The Dreams Druid has recently fallen in love with summoning owls to help her friends. I'm trying to think of a nice "once per day" boost to give to her quarterstaff.

Someone make a real thread

You know, I think Travis and Sam are probably the best, because they have empathy, and let other players have fun. They only seem to get annoyed when others tell them they are having the wrong type of fun.
Both Sam and Travis have told Marisha "You're not there" so I respect them a lot for that.

I swear OP is a faggot, why the fuck is he introducing shitical role into the 5th edition thread?

Pillows

Who is the real problem here?

She already has those in real life, attached to her chest. They're very nice.

>They only seem to get annoyed when others tell them they are having the wrong type of fun
Or if someone hits on their wives. RIP Orion

Travis and Sam shutting down Marisha trying to butt into private moments is what I live for.

Can't have Travis without Laura.
They are a great example of a couple at the table doing it right.

Keyleth is pretty much a very pressured noblewoman who does not really want to be that type of person/can't but has to because her people need her to. Though she has a high wisdom score as she is a Druid, I don't think she's the wisest person around which is fine as not everyone needs to play their stats.

I do wish she had a more defining personal philosophy to back up that wisdom though. That way her higher wisdom can be explained by her personal views on the world and the people she meets. People could then say "Keyleth is wise in her own way" meaning there are things she's not very wise about that others would be, sort of like a philosopher.

But this is all in the past we got Beauregard now, who seems to be very similar to the whole avoid authority thing/can't work with the authority figures. Its still kinda early to make judgment calls on how she is going to work.

Isn't this just MM?

>So basically when you're on horse on combat it can literally dash all the time?
Yes, but only if it's trained to follow commands. So don't expect to jump on the back of a wild bear and get the same effect.
>If it disengages, does it also count for you? Giving you basically free disengages?
Correct. You only provoke opportunity attacks if you use your own movement to leave a hostile creature's reach.
>If the mount has attacks (a beast) can it attack while you are directing it?
No. If you're directing the mount, it can't take the attack action. If you let your mount act independently, it has its own initiative and attacks and moves as it wishes to.

Damn I wish this were a CR general but people are only going to get pissy if we answer the question in the OP

Lazy mods.

Travis and Laura's marriage in general warms my cold, black heart. They both seem to genuinely care for one another and have enough of an interest in the other's hobbies (Travis being a huge football/Cowboys fan) to get the other gifts related to it (Laura got them tickets to see their training camp for his birthday last year).

It's also funny to see how lewd Laura gets and Travis just gives her a general look of, "I approve."

Official Cast Tier List

Top tier: Mercer, Sam, Travis
Mid tier: Laura, Talliesin
Bottom Tier: Ashley, Guest Stars
Shit Tier: Marisha

Liam fluctuates between mid and shit tier depending on how butt hurt he is that quarter. I love him anyway though

I think there was a lot of stuff behind the scenes with orion, but on screen, it's the fact he'd always try to game the system, like far worse than anyone else at the table, he'd try to play other people's characters for them too and otherwise ground the game to a halt.

all of that isn't so bad when when you're doing 10 hour sessions every month or so in the privacy of a friends house, but 4 hour slot every week going out to thousands of people, it wasn't going to last.

>not everyone needs to play their stats.
Try to make your bait less obvious

>Its still kinda early to make judgment calls on how she is going to work.

No it isn't. Marisha is "that girl" and "the gms girlfriend" all rolled up into one drugged up package. She won't change.

I haven't seen first season, and the last episode either. I agree that Travis (Fjord, I don't remember their real names) is very good, I like Caleb and Nott duo a lot as well, but especially Caleb. The rest? Bou >>>>>> Jester and Moly.

I don't know why Yasha even opted for participating in the series when she is unable to attend at all.

Most of their guest stars have been more hit than miss, I'd probably move them as a whole to mid-tier.

Last season there was like ONE episode where Laura and Travis didn't sit next to each other, and she was immediately all sad about it.

>Tfw you don't have a wife that attached to you

Yes, don't think there's any that cover VGM and the modules too.

Mods can't stop you from getting upset at an image.

Keyleth was an ok character that was elevated by her relationships with other characters. Vax, Kash, Kerr, etc. Most of her growth came from being around these people rather than doing anything herself.

Actual 5e thread over here

Because it's an ongoing event of note that's directly related to D&D 5E? Nobody's forcing you to watch that shite.

>Thread wars
Cause thatll fix everything

What? Salty Pete, The tiefling warlock, and Kash (money) were all great characters. Kash played a bit abruptly on social interactions, but he was good in game. The tiefling warlock should have been made into a regular since she was so passionate, and amusing to watch.

Ashley is also just a nice person. She's trying to roleplay a big storng don't care about anyone barbarian, but I think it's just pyke again, but big. Ashley also let's people have fun at the table, which is probably the best trait you can ask for in a player.

Yeah I was about to say, wasn't Volo's really praised for the diversity it brought to monster stats/choices?

Sort of related, Mordenkainen's is basically going to be MM3 right?

Mary Elizabeth should have joined the cast permanently. I hope she comes around as a guest again. Darin de Paul too.

At the risk of starting more conflict in the thread, why do people prefer CR to other shows. The C team blows it away imo, JH is a way better dm

They're saying it won't be, but that's what it sounds like right now.

Was it autism?

How do you prefer your driders, blessing or a curse?

I like Volo because Aasimars are my jam, and the stats/options were way cooler then that BS anti-tiefling from PH.

Critical Role is not invasive enough to care about forcing a new thread and reporting this one. Just carry on, post to bump limit, and make the thread yourself next time if you care so much.

I don't like the C-team because the game feels way too similar to like, Team Four Star dubs.

Don't reply to him. He wants attention. Just report duplicate threads as they pop up.

>this many people defending shadfag
it didn't have to be this way

She should have stayed away until she's free and then join properly, instead of being this character ghost that is hovering around in the back of everyone's minds. Repeated attempts at briefly rejoining the party and leaving for mysterious reasons are far, far worse and more awkward than making one solid and convincing entrance. The party has no reason at all to welcome her character amidst their ranks.

Is that an anime thing?

I don't prefer it, but it is the easiest to access, with decent production values, and has a nice smattering of diverse people. I also started watching there, and I like voice acting, which CR has in spades. With my limited amount of time, I tend to only watch CR since I've been invested in the product for three years.

I also might switch, since the new campaign has not drawn me in at all.

You're right, Ashley is a super nice person, that rating wasn't necessarily against her as a person, just my opinion on what her characters have overall brought to their table/story. Hell even the shit tier rating for Marisha was more meme than anything, though I did think she could really actively detract from what was going on at points.

Nobody cares about your Discord drama, cunt. Take it off our site.

Surely there's already a critical role thread you could all be posting in.

Yeah, it's primarily a parody dub of dragonball z done by a bunch of people who did parody dubs for other anime

Yeah, it's goobers who do abridged versions of stuff like DBZ and Yugioh.

Not everyone does, I know some people who don't play the super high intelligence characters with large degrees of intelligence. There are people who don't play the old wise individuals as old wise individuals. In my mind from what I have seen, Marisha could play a wise character that heavily follows their unique personal philosophy, but to the outside world that philosophy would be absurd or stupid in a lot of cases. Like jumping off a 1,000-foot cliff just because your personal view on the world is all about freedom and fun, even if it gets you killed.

I think the biggest issue with Beauregard is that she is very similar to Keyleth (Both high wisdom and pseudo-antiauthority figures), who was similar to Marisha. The only difference so far is one punches you and does not mind, while the other would bite you and feel bad about it.

>rolled up into one drugged up package.
Do you have proof that is drugged up while playing?

>She won't change
Her characters won't change, that's the problem to me. They are too similar to her and too staunch in their worldviews to change. I feel if she wanted to make a character that was open to change she can. I only worry that they would be very similar to her and not really feel like characters.

I only watch Critical Role so I can't really compare it to other shows but I enjoy it for it's high production values, the likable cast with amazing chemistry, and it's ability to be both hilarious and heart wrenching.

I knew most of the cast from weeb games. That's probably it really.

There isn't, fags like you report them

I've never noticed this, somone timestamp it pls

>Do you have proof that is drugged up while playing?
2nd half of the Kraken episode

Fair enough, I dont have much free time to give to another show, and each CTeam ep is +2hr30. The story is rich and the characters are really well played.

Now has anyone given the gamegrumps dnd show a chance?

>(Both high wisdom and pseudo-antiauthority figures), who was similar to Marisha.

No, the problem is Marisha's parents took Wis/Int as a dump stat when making her, and she keeps trying to roleplay high int/wis characters, which she does not have the mental capacity to do. She'd be much better off as a barbarian.

>Do you have proof that is drugged up while playing?
There are several episodes where it is clear she is quite high, to the point the rest of the group are keeping her from falling over/climbing on the table. Even a bad player could pay attention more then she could, the number of times she looked up with a vacant stare saying "Whuuu?" when Matt asked what her char was doing was embarrassing.

>Her characters won't change, that's the problem to me
Marisha can't roleplay. She plays herself every game. Her anti-authority, bad relationship with parents, hypocrisy, and trying so hard to be cool and failing bleed over into every game.

Well I think everyone this campaign tried to make characters that were flawed or able to grow in some way because they're actors and they know this is going to be a long form story.

Avert your eyes, he's stumbled upon the hidden truth of Critical Role

Marisha still only plays as a self insert after 5 years

>CTeam ep is +2hr30. The story is rich and the characters are really well played

What should I search on youtube to find it, because honestly the new season of CR is boring and the chars do not interest me at all.

I wouldn't call getting drunk from the alcohol they were all sharing "getting drugged up"

As a person playing a high wisdom character currently, It's really fucking hard to roleplay a high wisdom character. The definition of what is "wise" varies from person to person, and its been very hard to come up with solid logical advice every single time my party debates over what to do or not do, especially with the additional constraint of alignment to think about.

>character
>growth
This is an unfamiliar term to these people. I enjoy Critical ROle but to them "character growth" i just bad things happening to them and them being haunted by it.

>not everyone needs to play their stats
>I only have 6 Str but I can lift this wagon
>I only have 6 Dex but I can do like 10 cartwheels
>I only have 6 Con but I can hold my beer

>he thinks she was drunk
adorable

Eh, that's a common writing trap though. People mistake bad shit happening for growth instead of an impetus for growth pretty often, and the line can get blurry.

And yet all the others were able to be useful. Hell this was KEYLETHS FUCKING STORY and she couldn't pay attention when it was anyone else's turn.

Oh, 5e question, How would you improve sorcerors, or do their strengths outweigh their drawbacks?

I'm just saying to the guy who thinks these characters will change much by the end of the campaign, they wont they'll just be edgier

Burning as many resources as necessary, what's the most possible damage a PC can do in a single turn, at 5th level? Let's say it's against a single target. I'm thinking that either Action Surge or Quickened Spell is probably a given.

Can you tell me what JH abbreviation is from?
What are other good campaigns (whether from JH or not, but not CR) to watch to learn the general feeling of the game?

I'd nerf their spell list so they have more spontaneous magic, the kind of magic you could kind of see them figuring out on their own without magical education. 10min casting times are too long for someone who's supposedly innately magical

By deleting them and making a wizard subclass for metamagic. Just play a bard or warlock if you want a Cha caster.

>Oh, 5e question, How would you improve sorcerors, or do their strengths outweigh their drawbacks?

Let them exclusively operate off the spell point variant. Done. They're still constrained by only 1 6-9 lvl cast per level per day, but outside of that they can throw 5th lvl fireballs around all fucking day for serious firepower.

Eh, I think you'll see growth from Sam and Travis' characters, because I think Grog and Scanlan were the only characters that grew in the first campaign.

Go to penny arcade’s channel. Your looking to start with S1E1

HarmonQuest can be pretty funny, but only because it's animated and they're comedians. It's incredibly inconsistent though. They animate each session after they play in front of a live audience, and it definitely needs polish. Could have been a very good show if they basically played several sessions (in front of an audience or not, I dont care) and then animated the good bits from those recordings rather than trying to cobble together an episode from every session

>>not everyone needs to play their stats
>>I only have 6 Str but I can lift this wagon
>>I only have 6 Dex but I can do like 10 cartwheels
>>I only have 6 Con but I can hold my beer
Not him but all of these things would normally require rolls. I think maybe he means playing a retard if your int is low, being an autist if your wisdom is shit, or being ugly/ineffective speaker if your CHA is garbage.

Waht is the spell point variant? I am a first time dm and the sorc in my party says that he thinks the class is underpowered and my read through of the class seems to agree, in terms of options all sorc have is there spells.

No even Scanlan's motivation was literally
>oh god i have a daughter and i keep almost dyings, also i'm a bad person
And how did Grog change at all?

When was the last time your DM asked for a check after you spent a night at a tavern?

I think bard is worse then sorceror for classes. I never understood a bard being able to polymorph someone through song, seems stupid.

JH is Jerry Holkins aka Tycho from Penny Arcade. He DMs the Cteam, but plays his cleric during Acquisitions Inc games at Pax

Paladin with PAM can do 2d10+8d8+1d4+9

>And how did Grog change at all?

He grew a beard, and also started approaching things more tactically, rather then a charge with an axe. I think the mind devourer fucked him up and he began his change there.

DMG 288

>recommending anything that penny arcade has ever made ever

Harmonquest/ harmontown podcast are great. They’ll drive people who take dnd seriously insane, but its a great lesson for DMs on how to improv and go with the flow of your characters. Spencer is based DM

Look at Grog in Critical role, you can tell Travis had trouble at times because Travis is not low int or wis, but grog was barely able to read. There are times when Travis flat out said "wait, I wouldn't know that." That's a-grade player material, no meta bs, just a player roleplaying not being smart.

Then take Marisha, a high wis character would know better then to try and interrupt peace talks with a green dragon, or constantly threaten to kill it, then actually try and kill it after all those threats. Just pure stupid because marisha can't operate on that mental level.

He's a solid DM sure but again, they try to make every session an episode which leaves in a lot of not knowing what to do or just lines that werent funny and didn't add anything. I'd have prefered a fully animated quest after all the sessions were done, even if it meant making a script of the adventure and turning that into a show, because unfortunately their improv is inconsistent.

My DM has homebrew for drinking games actually.

>all sorc have is there spells.
So over a hundred options, then? Also don't underestimate their subclass class features.

Watched the first episode and was bored to tears. The only amusing bit was the ankle strafe against the cultists that went wide. They made really sure that apart from their attempts at comedy, the series had no redeeming features at all. Throwaway excuse plot, lowest-effort minimalist setting, characters flat as a cardboard. Pass.

It's in the DM's guide. Basically it makes them use an MP system with the same scaling as the sorcery point->spell slot conversion, except they get way more than 1 MP a level. They become a lot more flexible with the number of spells they can cast per day as a result. You will have to give some thought as to how to balance their metamagic feature though, cause if you make them operate off the same pool, they do eventually end up being able to just add metamagic to every single spellcast with no worries about conservation

Look, I'm not saying they can't be powerful, it just seems like 'the cool stuff' other classes get on levelling isn't part of a sorceror build, it somehow seems, boring, which should never be a word you associate with a magic user.