>5e Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
5etools.com
Stable releases - get.5e.tools/

>Resources
pastebin.com/21Whc22e

>Previously, on /5eg/
What are your hopes for a possible Shaman class?

Other urls found in this thread:

media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-ThreePillarXP.pdf
dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/modifying-classes
boards.Veeky
strawpoll.me/15151714
youtube.com/watch?v=1Dkq6Lp8_gg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Have any of you ever tried three-pillar experience? What'd you think of it?

media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-ThreePillarXP.pdf

Stop spamming your shit thread

Fuck off with your shaman shit, it's just as bad.

>What are your hopes for a possible Shaman class?
I keep seeing people ask for a full on Shaman class, but I don't see how it wouldn't just be a Druid archetype.

Milestone is STILL better.

Just sage in the options box, report thread for doubles, and move on.

Better than paizofag's bullshit.

The guy who created this thread is paizofag.

Sage/report/moveon

Druid, circle of the land is already a thing

I'm not paizofag, the guy making and spamming e-celeb shit is.

I'm calling bullshit, this has the normal OP and no anime image while the other has advertisements in the OP and a reused image

sounds like something paizofag would say.

The other thread has 161 replies, this is just a snowflakes petty protest.

What are some good spells and cantrips to take as a 1st level wizard? Preferably ones that can be used creatively.

The idea floating around from a few threads ago about Shamans being WIS/CON was pretty good. It'd fill a niche no other class does.

Minor Illusion gets either a lot of mileage or none at all depending on your DM.
Personally, as dumb as it sounds, I like having both Light and Dancing Lights. One for being either a personal torch or helping out the non-Darkvision party members, and one for distractions, scouting, and rooting out enemies.

All classes are CON.

we already have a 5e general, what is this shit?

A thread that doesn't break site rules

Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, and Minor Illusion are all good shouts.

Shield, Detect Magic, and Sleep are big for 1st level spells. Grease and Find Familiar are good fun.

The one thing I like about 5e is removal of the dependency on enhanced gear.
Therefore, here is my question - since I don't need an overwanked stick to be able to do stuff - are bare fist builds viable now? Can I make an actual Kung Fu Monk who won't suck?

All classes are CON because of hit points and saves. Not all of them use it for anything else.

Monks are still kinda MAD unfortunately, and very squishy at early levels. After that, as long as you aren't a Wot4E monk you'll be fine. Especially since a Monk's unarmed strikes count as magical weapons at level 6 onward.

This thread is a doubleposted thread, it is violating site rules.

are there any no magic variants of rangers?

And thats how it should work.
Either way, INT/CON makes more sense.

Half casters:
Paladin: CHA/STR
Ranger: WIS/DEX
???: INT/CON

There aren't many great options. Monks are MAD but viable, and you can always refluff a Brute Fighter or go for Barbarian/Monk.

It's the only genuine 5eg thread, the other is just a CR thread in disguise.

Okay, what about non monk classes? I always can play a hermit of some sorts who practices HTH in wilderness, without monastic stuff.

I don't understand the question. Aren't Rangers already magical?

Ranger (Spell-less)? I just checked it on 5e tools.

Monk and Barbarian are your only real options. I suppose you could do an unarmed Fighter, but it'd be pretty unoptimal. Minotaur and Lizardfolk have good unarmed racials. Otherwise you'll have to go for homebrew.

If you want unarmed strikes to be something you use, a barbarian can grapple and use unarmed strikes together, and taking tavern brawler helps support that.

Low Wisdom score in action.

At this point we'll need mods to come in and make 5e threads for us.
No other system causes this much chaos on the board.

dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/modifying-classes

scroll down to the "examples" section

note: this is a worse version of the PHB ranger, which is already poor, so playing it is not recommended.

It's not the system, it's a troll.

It's just one ban-evading chucklefuck that people keep humoring.

>worse version of the PHB

Nigga, battle master maneuvers > shitty spells.

Couldn't you just follow that advice but apply it to the Revised Ranger?

Need some help coming up with a campaign. I'm planning for the players to do a megadungeon where they need to fight their way deeper against increasingly harder enemies and I need a reason they can't just walk back to town to resupply whenever they feel like it. Does anyone have suggestions?

Elementalist, kind of like:
>he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards!”

>if they leave a rival party will get to the bottom and grab the treasure before them
>an ancient dragon landed at the entrance after they went in and decided the dungeon belongs to it now
>the party is being chased by a ton of enemies and their only hope of escape is to get to the bottom of the dungeon and retrieve the artifact that will let them fight off the horde

>gods whip up a tornado and send him flying

>Can I make an actual Kung Fu Monk who won't suck?

As long as you don't play it like Marisha, yeah, you can. But she can't play monks, or druids for that matter.

>mfw I still use Stone Sorcerer

>Marisha
Who?

What are some of your favorite variant rules? From any of the books.

A fairly famous 5e player who is probably the best argument against self-inserts that you could have.

The Tal'Dorei campaign has neat rules on death that I like, I added those to my campaign to stop the 'player 1 insert coins to restart' that happens at higher levels.

What are the rules?

Shifting layout.

I think they are in the trove under 'supplements', I have to go find them.

Basically though, any res you have counts against future resses. Fate wants you dead, eventually you are going to stay dead.

>join a roll20 game
>everyone's edgy as fuck
>alignments are all CN or some variation of evil
Send help

>Send help
Don't play with strangers!

I can't help it user, I live in the boondocks.

Please check the catalog (boards.Veeky Forums.org/tg/catalog) before making a new general thread. There is already an active /5eg/ thread here: Creating duplicate general threads is not permitted by the rules of this board, and is considered poor etiquette.

You can delete your thread by clicking the check box next to the subject line of the original post, then clicking the "Delete" button near the bottom right corner of the page.

You seem to be confused, friend. That isn't a 5eg thread, that's a critical role thread larping as a 5eg.

Oh shit, i like that. In my setting, Fate is a very powerful presence, so that would be fun to enforce.

Nah, this is a snowflake sad that he cant be the only autist in the room arguing about rules. Look at the start times for the thread, this is a thread war and a rules violation.

Why are White Dragons so retarded?

They are related to OPs mom.

Yes. Fighters with bows.

It's allowed when shadfag posts his paizo general disguised as 5eg, it's allowed now when he's making a critical role thread and disguising it as a 5eg thread.

Steal from made in the abyss. There's a curse on the dungeon. The deeper you go the harder the effects are when ascending. The effects range from mild nausea, to hallucinations, to bleeding out of your eyes, ears, mouth, other opening, to loss of humanity and death.

>
>58175012
Don't play with strangers.
Cause they're only there to do you harm.

Because it's a great excuse to actually have a terrifyingly vicious dragon without just having it be so pissed off it stops thinking for no reason. Also it's less roleplaying on the part of the DM.

Because they're white.

Gonna make the banshee frim LMOP her own thing, I've come up eith the idea she's in the grove where her husband is buried.

What monsters and traps could I fill this grove with?

Some sort of divine/fiendish gatekeeper that demands tribute to those entering the dungeon. Something either so expensive or so personal that too many trips to the dungeon will leave you at a loss, no matter what you find in there.

Which 4e class do you most want to see in some form in 5e?
strawpoll.me/15151714

Twisted Fey are always fun mobs. Illusion traps, or things that force Int/Cha saves for charms.

hey i was the user that said that they should be
That'd be metal as fuck and I'd love to play it

Blights seem fitting. As far as traps I don't think you could squeeze much in other than maybe some hunting traps, quicksand/quickbog, and briar pits.

We already have Assassins in the Rogue and Swordmages in EKs, Bladesingers, Hexblades.

I like mending, ill set up next to the bard when hes performing and make a few bucks.

The entrance will seal once they leave.

What's more beneficial to starting a campaign? 18 str or 16 str 16 secondary stat and the great weapon master feat

ill be in heavy armor using a greatsword

What about a "boss" monster, I don't want the banshee to be one, since she's CR 4.

If you aren't rolling for stats you aren't playing the game right.

I finally manages to find a game from my corner of the world on roll20. Then the DM said he wanted to talk to us before the game (on discord) but he said absolutely nothing on the day we were supposed to meet.
I'm afraid I can forget it. I hope I'm wrong.

This is not 5e related, so it should not be discussed in the general.

/s

Hag Coven. Or if your players are a bit underleved for that, 2 Shambling Mounds or a Chimera should do the trick.

>Sent to investigate some kidnappings in town
>Track the kidnapper to a cave in a hill
>Dead folks everywhere. Obvious the guy is doing some cult shit
>Turns out the guy is making Flesh Golems
>Decide to be smart about this. Place bear traps at the end of hallways so we can lead them to it if we need to retreat
>Find the kidnappers journals
>Turns out he's trying to recreate various mythical creatures. Stitching together people and cows to make minotaurs and artificial chimeras. No successes so far though
>Last note mentions the "Flesh Hydra"
>In the next room, see a humanoid shape eating the kidnapper
>"Well of course it turned on him. Big surprise"
>We all lay into it at once with ranged and magic
>My arrow just sinks in like half an inch before bouncing off, firebolt revealed it's just solid bone inside
>Creature charges us, I block the way to give the squishy party members time to retreat
>Manage to do some heavy damage with my prepared attack
>GM describes that I slash massive chunks out of it
>And it regenerates deformed animal skulls in its place
>GM has us fighting the fucking Man Spaghetti
youtube.com/watch?v=1Dkq6Lp8_gg
>We get the fuck out, leading it to the bear trap
>Steps in it, grows more jaws out of the wounds and starts chewing on the trap
>"Well fuck absolutely everything about this"
>Try to thunder-wave the ceiling down
>Turns out it won't regenerate thunder damage
>But the ceiling is holding
>Run
>Use immovable rod to block escape
>Thing fucking rams through it, tearing a giant regenerating hole in it
>Finally put it down by using just about every one-off magic item we've been hoarding that didn't do physical damage
>DM described the remains as basically being a fleshy bag of bone chips
>Return to town, simply pointing the town guard to the Flesh Cavern, and vow never to speak of this day again

My day wasn't great either, DM called us an hour earlier to fill in our sheets on roll20, one guy didn't respond, turned up 10 minutes before the session began, then required everyone's help on filling it in.
This took so long the session had to be canceled.

this is not directly 5e related, so it should not be discussed in the general.
ditto

>user didn't message me on Discord about their 5e roll20 game
That's okay, I didn't really feel like playing anyways.

I wasn't aware Veeky Forums threads needed gatekeepers. Fuck off ya cunt.

It's a 5e gsme all context is provided, you don't have to watch hours of a scripted show to understand, take your ass back to /pgg/ shadman

It's just paizofag buttmad that people have standards, pay him no mind or report for trolling.

Reporting his shitpost Critical Role thread didn't do anything. Neither will reporting his bait posts.

>I wasn't aware Veeky Forums threads needed gatekeepers.

They don't.

So let's talk about the Tal'Dorei campaign setting in critical role, an official 5e supplement!

I think some of the vestiges are actually kind of underpowered, compared to the other ones. Armor always seems to be shit in 5e, well DnD in particular, and I don't know how to fix it honestly.

You'd be surprised, he often gets banned and his threads deleted. The mods are usually pretty on the ball with his shit.

>Official

Can 4 level 3s deal with a shambling mound?
What if I reduced the damage of the attack to 1d8 instead of 2d8?

It is supported by DnDbeyond. Hard to make it more official then that. (Also, books mentions it is an officially licensed product of 5e)

My players are going to start at one end of a train and the plan is for them to go through a gauntlet of encounters making their way to the front. What are some ideas for non-combat obstacles along the way. I don't want it to be all combat since I feel like that can get tedious.

DMsguild are supported by WotC, that doesn't make them official.

It's too strong, my dude