Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2079: myrmidont Needs A Hug Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

dafont.com/lohengrin.font?text=Saga of Tanya the Evil
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

*Hugs Myrmidont*

Reposting from last thread

Question Nubee would Evil Slaying Blade allow me to pick up Twilii magic? (Not 100% certain if it is race exclusive or how I would learn it)

>Tempered By Light
Seems like someone shouldn't take if they want to remain human, especially if they build massive e harems and consider "rage" one of their primary characteristics. You effectively just killed yourself.

Wait u what now?

*rps w/ u :3c*

Cultivate in the sun less that twenty thousand years to get that golden shine if you have kryptonian form

> →

Or a couple billi if you want to stave off the death of the universe

>I can't read Notes the post

Hint:You get something special if you buy Tempered by Light and Lord of Darkness.

Kryptonians, DC's answer to the Saiyajin.

This is what I like about jumpchain, I've only heard of this in passing, and now I'm halfway through this cute thing I normally wouldn't have read.
As for the jump itself:
I'm not sure the Transport Pass is worth 200cp next to a Super Hypnosis Gun or the Transformation Pendant. I suggest making the Transformation Pendant the 50cp, the Transport Pass 100cp and the Super Hypnosis Gun 200cp.
Likewise I think the Renter's Insurance should be 200cp while the A Decent Car with Decent Parking should be 100cp.

I'm simultaneously annoyed with the attention and resigned to accept.

Reposting this in the new thread for anyone who wouldn't have seen it at the original time.

Evil Slaying Blade is a martial perk focused on weapons so I'm not really sure what your thought process is here. Why would it allow you to pick up Twili Magic?

HUG!

Sorry I was thinking about it like a fighting style. Not necessarily weapon based. But yeah how would I learn Twilii magic?

Its still my go to non-lethal solution, just kiss them until they are not evil. Works on all genders

*Hugs*

>Relying on a star
>Not generating your own sunlight
>Not being grossly incandescent

Just read notes i am an idiot ignore me

Dude, read the notes at the bottom, it straight up tells you.

It's still killing yourself. It's 300 CP to be a puppet, an extra 600 CP to be a caricature of a proper person. It's not to the same degree you once were, it's a "perfect" balance of "dark" and "light" traits, a pillar of neutrality at absolute best. Either way, you forsake your personhood, it's still sudden nigh-irreversible amplification of all things stereotypically"good" and "evil".

>This is what I like about jumpchain, I've only heard of this in passing, and now I'm halfway through this cute thing I normally wouldn't have read.

It exposes us to new things, made me finish Lord of Light by Zelazny

Hikimori jumper wishes to give you a hug.Please ignore the crane, it was the closest I could find.

That face can use more softness

For some reason when I am able to replace other MCs I can do it in a heartbeat, but when it comes to Link it just feels wrong of me to do so. Wish I knew why.

Hey Bee, just to be 100% certain.

This guy is an idiot right?

No, you'd have to be an idiot not to read it that way. It completely removes or enhances major emotions. Once you go through it, you want want to go back. It's all the negatives the Dark Side of the Force was hyped up to have.

*teleports behind you*
*retro0restrains ur hug*

BACK THE FUCK OFF??

>Kryptonian Type Sun

You're not alone, I've seen people feel the same way about other particular MCs. I guess it helps Link doesn't have as many fanfics as Harry or Naruto or as objectively bad plotlines as Goku to engender contempt for him?

You know that scenario in Notes where if you win post-Spark you become Type Everything?

Superman is basically the Type Everything of his multiverse according to Grant Morrison because he personifies truth, justice and the American Way on a metaphysical, 4th wall breaking level. Kind of like Demonbane actually.

TFW when you want to be a Twilight Sorcerer but it requires you not to be a Sorcerer if you want any companions

I had no idea what to do here.

It takes those emotions and then either suppresses or enhances them. They are pushed to their utmost maximum if you take both, and reinforced conceptually, near absolutely. It strips away any emotional or personal growth you may have had, and then prevents any further growth, as the relevant traits are again reinforced utterly. After taking them, the only way you can grow mentally is through pure wisdom/knowledge/experience. Or hope you somehow take a drawback that disables everything and have something set up to counteract it.

It's okay dude.

A guy asked last thread if you could toggle the personality changes of those perks. I said that I'll leave it in the individual's hands so they can pick whatever works best for someone's chain (as some like to impose limits on themselves and work around them, some like to just be able to buy things and benefit normally). So if you want to be a balanced person, a perfect mixture, or just your normal self, those are all fine and valid. The personality augmentations are meant to be helpful, not harmful.

Why don't you just be a Twili with magic?

YES THANK YOU.

Fucking perfect.

>Superman is basically the Type Everything of his multiverse according to Grant Morrison because he personifies truth, justice and the American Way on a metaphysical, 4th wall breaking level. Kind of like Demonbane actually.
>Then Dark Multiverse happened

Oh god, for a second that color scheme made me think it was Battler from afar

Thank you.

Then what is the point of taking both Tempered with Light and Lord of Darkness? Is it like a more powerful version?

Retake the Grace , punch those suckas in the face

So, uh, is right? I was thinking about picking the light perk because it's kind of my theme in my chain, It'd be great if you could just put a note somewhere in those two perks that says if you want to, you can still more or less remain the same person.

>Then Dark Multiverse happened

I really want to see their version of Truth Robot

Why is Superman fighting angels?

>). So if you want to be a balanced person, a perfect mixture, or just your normal self, those are all fine and valid
>Or just your normal self
No. He's wrong.

>literally just be escanor and be happy

Is the guy who made Youjo Senki around? It'd be great if you could use a higher resolution image, like pic-related, change the font of the headline to something that doesn't remind me of comic sans, and put it above the picture. As it is, just looking at the first page of the jump, it's looking /really/ low-quality.

The fuck am I looking at? Evil batman justice league led by pinhead?

Is it really worth it to purchase Sunshine in the jump now that we know that the Graces and Commandments can be shared? And I think that Val ruled out that you could cheat the Sun thing like Escanor did with his own 'sun'.

No problem dude.

All the benefits of both, no downsides, additional benefits in powerful twilight stuff that has all the properties of both. Depending on what you feel works for you chain, Twilight powers gained through that Tempered by Light and Lord of Darkness could have other properties like being extra volatile and better for offense to reflect the forced fusion of opposite forces, or manipulating miscellaneous objects to reflect the heavy tool usage in Midna and Zant's arsenals. There was no inherent point in the beginning, people just asked what happened and obviously them cancelling each other out is just a big waste of points, so I thought this was cool and wrote it in.

Basically though, if what you're really wanting out of things is Twilight Sorcery, going as a Twili and getting the "The Magic Touch" perk is basically your starter pack for that stuff.

She's updating it so who knows.

Also they can only be shared by the Demon King and Supreme Goddess anyway

That version of batman from the dark multiverse killed the joker and got turned into the joker, with a chemical version of Lucius ability

Silver age shenanigans, a SA jump would be dope af

Get a merlin, everybody needs a merlin

>Is it really worth it to purchase Sunshine in the jump now that we know that the Graces and Commandments can be shared?

Depends on how you roll, personally I just take the sun or make one with Gen Xianxia

Like user says here You can just choose for them to be toggleable in your chain as I mentioned before. I'm leaving it open so people can spin it one way or the other.

I used the pic I did because it had the name in English. If you can find a good resolution one in english, i'll switch it out in a heartbeat.

And it reminds you of comic sans because it is comic sans. Whats up with all the hate for comic sans, by the way?

And what's up with the space between letters in the section headlines? There also needs to be a space between the end of the Damned perks and the General ones. And there's too much space between War Is Hell, Welcome To Hell and Walking Disaster.

>All the benefits of both, no downsides, additional benefits in powerful twilight stuff that has all the properties of both.
Huh, really? It reads like it's just all of the benefits and all of the drawbacks, they just balance each other out.

Maybe the Archetype Everything of his multiverse would be more accurate since the conditions for activating his big stupid himself-shaped scab of divine metals are so ridiculous it took the combined intervention of an alternate reality Superman with basically Dr. Manhattan's powers and an emissary from a race that is basically a subdivided aspect of DC's Yog-Sothoth to activate it.

But as is becoming clear, Batman is clearly the BB of the DC multiverse.

I think Barbatos kind of is that already, actually.

In one of the most...comics moments ever, recently it was revealed that there is a DARK MULTIVERSE lying under the 52 universes in which cape stories take place. It was originally a primal Monitor (a small fragment of Monitor-Mind the Overvoid, the white void beyond all existence) delegated to contain what the Overvoid perceived as a flaw along with it's brothers. It's role was to extinguish undesirable possibilities, but it also had a dragon to help destroy them and the dragon killed it, allowing horrible, unsustainable nightmare futures to fester and grow out of control in it's hyperdimensional forge.

Long story short, that dragon started using Batmen as conduits. It recruited Batmen from it's own doomed universes to attack the real one, with the promise of saving their inherently self destructive realities if they win.

Except for the Batman Who Laughs. He's a Batman who got corrupted by the Joker, so he just wants the worlds to burn.

You can learn how to move them around, they are fragments of those entities' powers, but they are not the ones managing them, you just need to learn the spell to do it and kill or convince the user to give them up. Commandments can be passed to non-demon races making them demons in the process, it would seem that goddess powers aren't that easy to share to non-goddess unless you are a special snowflake like best boy.

Essentially? Yes. There's a time-traveling dark god named Barbatos that is a huge Batman fanboy. It's like if Bat-Mite read too many edgy fanfics. He gathered a league of evil Batmen (and one Batwoman) from across the multiverse. And since these were memetic Batmen they came from universes where they wound up stealing the powers of other characters after they turned evil. Their leader is the Bat Who Laughs, the end point of the Joker finally succeeding at driving Batman mad and Batman going way further than old Jack Napier ever expected.

An actual quality pic > one with a name you can read. People already know it's called Youjo Senki, so the only reason to put the light novel cover in is to showcase the MC and the great art of the LNs. Which does not work with the current pic, as its quality is terrible.

Everybody hates Comic Sans because it looks terrible, ESPECIALLY for headlines.

Also,

>Get a lying spoiled brat who is only interested in a child
No, thanks

>I think Barbatos kind of is that already, actually.

Sadly underwhelming but hopefully that side shows more things

Be the child /ss/ all the way

And this isn't written by some 12 year old on deviantart with uncommonly decent drawing skills, is it? It's an actual published, canon comic?

Spaces because I felt like it.

And damned/general and wihwth and walking disaster is a translation fuckup when converting to pdf.

I don't see it, but okay. And sure for pic.

Fun idea:
One way to get rid of enemies that greatly outclass you is to dump them in an other dimension.

If you really need (or want)them dead, then you can't just dump them anywhere. You'll want to aim for a place where they will end up dead.This is also good as it makes it harder for them to travel back if they can do that.

Wormverse is a good spot to choose.
Dumping enemies there is unlikely to bite you in the ass.
As long as the person is going to try do stuff like take over the world or Irritate cauldron they are likely to end up dying. So it works as a dump spot for irritating heros and villains.

Superman's a possible example of this

>Spaces because I felt like it.
Then please don't feel like it anymore, because it makes the jump look like shit. It's an actual eyesore. Presentation does actually matter in jumps.

>And damned/general and wihwth and walking disaster is a translation fuckup when converting to pdf.
Gotcha, then it should be easy to fix.

>I don't see it, but okay. And sure for pic.
Alright, great.

It's actually not terrible. It brings together a lot of stuff Grant Morrison added to the Batman mythology in his run. It suffers from not actually having Grant Morrison writing it, I think he'd do a much better job at this sort of weird meta-contextual "what is comics" story, but it actually does make reasonable sense in context. Even though, yes, it is deeply ridiculous on many levels. Batman uses Baby Darkseid as a superweapon. I repeat: Batman has BABY DARKSEID on his utility belt now.

You can't interact with settings you aren't in.

Okay. We already knew that. Also you posted this last thread. Also also, you can't visit other jump settings from the one you're already in Pre-Spark, unless they're both part of a canonical multiverse.

Also, dumping things in Worm is a terrible idea. Either they won't even be bothered by the locals, and will just fly back home immediately, or they'll wind up giving the Entities new technology/magic to eat and reverse-engineer. Either way, it doesn't work well.

>Batman uses Baby Darkseid as a superweapon. I repeat: Batman has BABY DARKSEID on his utility belt now.

God dammit New 52.

Yes. Yes, DC has been...audacious with it's cosmic plots, really. Despite everythin you linked being completely accurate, I still find it somehow less ridiculous than the multiverse-drinking cosmic vampire Mandrakk-which is what happens when one of those Monitor things I talked about realises it's true nature, how it relates to the multiverse and spends eons trying to restrain itself and set up countermeasures (read: The Superbot built by the man it used to be from the reality-scar left by Superman's stories) before finally going batshit insane and drinking the multiverse like a slurpee.

And it's STILL less ridiculous than the Gentry, whose creator corrupted it.

Reading Morrison's work made me realise how goddamn weird Americans are to another culture. I get what he's going for. I understand how a lot of the comics are metaphors for how readers and comic publishers interact, and rebuttals to the grim darkness trend in recent years. The problem is, they only work if you already think of Superman as a fundamental cornerstone of your culture, somewhere between Lady Liberty and Abraham Lincoln.

If you don't, the whole thing just kind of comes of as:

"Who would win in a fight, Batman or Superman?"
"Superman, duh"
"But-"
"No, shut up. Superman WILL ALWAYS WIN because the editor says so, which means that you, right now, reading comics at all, validates the COSMIC FACT that Superman will win. This argument wil make Superman win, because by default it makes you an enemy to FUN and WRITING"
"O-oh yeah?! Well my villain is the anthropomorphic personification of people hating your shitty comic! Fuck you, they will never lose!"
"No fuck YOU, all those random bit characters you dismissed will win...because my self insert Nix Uotan (original character donut steel) who is a multidimensional overgod AND ALSO pretty much superman WHICH MEANS HE IS ALSO AN EXTENTION OF THE SUPERMEME damned himself for their sins!"

Snyder, a throwback to crazy SA stuff

>One way to get rid of enemies that greatly outclass you is to dump them in an other dimension.

Turn them into a dimension

Its just a bummer that all of them forgot how to use their martial arts

So it does change you and your personality in an extremely big way, yes? Would you even want to toggle it off after that?

Not finished, but better headings?

So...how is the batjoker a threat on par with the other ones? The others are 'batman with actual superpowers'. That's just...batman but he's got tiny gimps?

Most enemies that guarantee the 'banishing rather than fighting' treatment in Jumpchain would see the Wormverse as mere ants and utterly stomp them. We don't even need to go to the unvierse busting enemies, most of those who can casually destroy planets and run on anime/comicbook-hax would just bitch-slap the entities if they see them and be unharmed by anything they throw at them even if they cannot travel through parallel universes.

Is that supposed to justify comicbook plot armor?

Well, he is a demon (he is dead already) and has super-charisma, I think. Plus multiversal fate bullshit that protected him?

The headings at the start do look much better, yes. Though, again, the headline should probably be at the top of the picture, not at the bottom, and the font you chose still looks pretty weird. Why not choose something firm and classic like a bolded times new roman, or something to that tune? A font that actually makes you think "oh, this is a headline".

Remember the Adam West Batman who has a gadget for every occasion?

This Batdude raided JLA armoury and pilfered villain gadgets

Is Irredeemable canon to the DC universe? I know the DC universe has this mega-multiverse thing going on where all of fiction is sorta-kinda-maybe encompassed. The important reason for this is because if it is, then the smartest man in it's world is correct and the Plutonian also exists as an idea, and is therefore the thing that became Superman as a concept in a world that exists outside the 4th wall relevant to most of DC's comics.

Yes. Yes, they actually made a canonical explaination for Batman's plot armor, the absolute badmen.

The really ridiculous part is, if you squint it kind of ties in to a VERY old plot point in Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth where the Asylum's founder and his mother went insane, started hallucinating a giant demon bat, and the founder died scribbling a ritual all over the Asylum's walls in an attempt to contain it. The art and dialogue looking like an acid trip is meant to make you question how much of this bullshit is real.

And near the end of the comic, Batman (who went in there to rescue hostages)...starts attacking the walls with an axe, which is represented as veins breaking and which terrified some of the inmates.

Basically the thing to take away from this, is that in DC meme magic is not only deadly serious real, but also the most powerful force in all conceivable realities and un-realities.

Yes. Plot armor is an in-character thing in DC, not just a writing trope. Has been since the seventies. Though the Superman Thought Robot took it a bit more literally than before, and now everyone's playing catch-up to it.

Because Bold and other heavy fonts are boring, and I wanted something fancier. Hell, if I could figure out font what pic related was using, i'd use that.

...Hold on a sec, i may be dumb.

How is the Joker a threat when he doesn't wear body armour, is highly recognisable and could easily be shot by an angry civilian or cop?

Hey, /jc/, random question. I need golden flowers--like, grown flowers, somehow made of gold. How would I get such things?

>Basically the thing to take away from this, is that in DC meme magic is not only deadly serious real, but also the most powerful force in all conceivable realities and un-realities.
Remember that time when Action Comics defeated one of the Gentry by channeling the fans' dissatisfaction with how lame a resolution to the conflict it was, backwards in time? So that by thinking it's dumb, I'm actually making it possible. Like, whoa, man.

>How is the Joker a threat when he doesn't wear body armour, is highly recognisable and could easily be shot by an angry civilian or cop?

There are three of those, and some may or may not be supernatural

I mean, headlines are supposed to be "heavy" and "bold", that's the point. The current headline looks like some pathetic stickfigure falling over any second now.

Welcome to the struggle my guy, Link's just way too badass to replace to be quite honest.

Though I'm wondering about companioning him and Zelda after we sort out Calamity Ganon in BotW. Thoughts?

Sssssooo, Kryptonian with Hamon? 'Cause that was a thing that happened with Kara Zor'El in a previous chain. Things got...silly.

>'Cause that was a thing that happened with Kara Zor'El in a previous chain. Things got...silly.

She got the Torquasms?

I love the idea of Superman bitchslapping angels off their feet in the name of truth, justice, and the American way.

The circle of magic jump has living metal roses, they start out iron but'll grow flowers of whatever type of metal they're planted in.

the AMERICANEST

Which one is Kara Zor'El again? I can't remember which version the apostrophe instead of dash indicates.

Oh man, Torquasm. I thought I was the only one who remembered that and Superman's silly 90s mecha anime psychic projection.

Let me put it this way, Hypersonic Zoom Punches.

>Hell, if I could figure out font what pic related was using, i'd use that.
It's very similar to Lohengrin.
dafont.com/lohengrin.font?text=Saga of Tanya the Evil

Chronicles of Narnia. Trees of Silver and Gold.

Exalted. Most vegetation in Malfeas is made of living metal. Though do be warned that gold is the color of prostitution, there, so be careful where you buy your flowers.

Clark's Supergirl.

What were those guys taking?