"Don't get too uppity. My character could totally beat yours in a fight, maybe even kill them."

>"Don't get too uppity. My character could totally beat yours in a fight, maybe even kill them."

How do you respond?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mY-Vna1ba5o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>My character shoves their character over
Fuck it lets go.

Find a new group because clearly this one sucks.

>"Don't get too uppity. I could totally beat you in a fight, maybe even kill you"

You're playing a face and I'm playing a street sam.
There is no scenario where your character wins anything close to something that could be described as a "Fight". If you wanted to kill my character, you would have to do something like convincing people to shoot it, or poisoning it, or planting explosives on their car seat, or any number of much easier ways what you could kill my character that actually work in the setting.

Long story short, no you couldn't, think laterally.

>How do you respond?
By getting uppity.

"I'll remember that next time your character is on the ropes in a fight and needs my help."

>I attack

You are absolutely correct. This is the exact reason I won't heal you next time you're down and failing your death saving throws.

>grins from across the table
>"Bet he could take you in a night battle though."

>[Ragnar the Barbarian will remember that]

hand the GM a secret note
>i offer him the poisened drink

spbp

"Quit being a dick. It's not a competitive game."

By reporting another 1 line of greentext thread.
You can tell school let out because there are 7 threads like this that popped up in the last hour.

>"Don't get too uppity. My character could totally beat yours in a fight, maybe even kill them."
I'll be sure to remember that when your character drops below 4hp again.

Not true fag, I've been optimising to kill you since session 2

I use my superior knowledge of the game mechanics to school her. When she cries about the "unfair" loss, I laugh at her, as do the other players and the DM. She is run out of the house into the cold, rainy afternoon, utterly despondent and harboring suicidal thoughts every time the fresh memory of her humiliation rings in her mind.

Suddenly, she snaps - all sanity leaves her fragile mind. She strips bare ass naked, exposing her small, tight, prepubescent body to the rain, and runs laughing maniacally into traffic. She is hit by a semi and killed on impact.

A neighbor filmed the entire thing on their cellphone and upload it onto social media. The girl's memory is further despoiled by having the entire world see her hairless sex and tiny, underdeveloped breasts, and before they can even bury the corpse of their child, get into a prolonged legal battle over the compromising footage. Ultimately, they lose, and the parents likewise take their lives, ending the circle of failure once and for all.

>use charm person
>go invisible and slit their throat
gg ez

>My character gets in arguments with a halfling bard
>Character is a goliath barbarian
Just hang her on a tree branch by the back of her shirt out of anyone else's reach. I've done is before and I will certainly continue to do it in the future.

>She casts tasha's hideous laughter on me
>Make sure to mock her in my laughing fits to make her even angrier

I am not sure whether this is one sided enough to be considered bullying or just a rivalry.

make more money than him in the long run and rise in power until he cant even come close to laying a hand on me

>"DM doesn't allow PvP, idiot"

I'd need to know more about the person and their character.
what are they playing? How are they playing it? Are they the kind of guy who tries to seduce NPCs? Then I'll use magic to cuck them at every turn. Same idea for brothels, but instead of magic I use money.
Am I the healer? If so, no healing.
Is there a lot of combat? I'll use what I have at my disposal to maneuver npcs and pcs to locations that put their character at a disadvantage.
Does all of that sound like too much effort for a fuckboi? Join a new game.

>Character is a recently ascended minor deity with paladin class and a few prestige classes for shits and giggles
"I cast Smite."
>If that doesn't work, walk over and physically remove bully.

Stay silent, stew about it later, fantasize about different moves I could use to take him down irl. Come up with a long list of witty comebacks and remarks and imagine how everyone would be super impressed and he would apologize but I don't accept. Then come back next session and be too much of a pussy to start any kind of conflicts with him.

*teleports behind him*
pssssh nothin personnel, kid

I once had a DM that only allowed accidental PvP, as in, you would attack the closest party member on a critical failure. It went about just as well as you would expect.

"Like your dad beat you?"

youtu.be/mY-Vna1ba5o

THIS ISN'T DIRT, IT'S PUDDING

My current DM does that. A natural one means you trip on your weapon, take damage, and are prone, or you smack the guy beside you, or you sneeze and skip your entire turn. Stupid but funny stuff like that.

>In fight?... maybe, maybe

>But I've yet to see character who can beat mine in DANCE

Killing their character in their sleep.

>he doesn't custom tailor his PCs to be able to curbstomp That Guy just in case

You may be able to beat me in a fight, but can you defeat me on the downhill?

>her small, tight, prepubescent body to the rain,
What?

If I've learned anything, enough high explosives in one place will kill anything.

He's assuming the player is in fact Nagatoro.

You sound like a faggot with no real concept of things that would really happen.

>"You wouldn't be able to finish the mission without me."

And then laugh at them, because all their combat feats won't help them when they don't speak any local languages and have to sleep outside with the sheep.

>Draw a large circle in the dirt
>Pull out the dozens of magical weapons from my personal bag of holding
>Stand at the center
"If you believe that claim, then come, challenge the forest of blades."

"Cool story bro. I don't care. If the only recourse you have is OOC in IC actions, go ahead. It'll just increase my smug."

Have my character draw his blade and kill himself.
"Let's see how far you can get"

I can fap to this

I can't imagine someone over the age of 13 saying this. It's like "my dad could beat up your dad" except the dads aren't even real.

And so you shall die, cloaked in hubris.

It's called a party, not a riot.

>rf
>rf
Are you the same person?

>kill him in his sleep next time we rest. My character is rather paranoid ex sf operative and take such threats very seriously.

Fap BEFORE posting, not at the same time.
It's not that difficult.

>"So what?"

ok... hey, whats your will power like?
oh! Awesome! Hey, why don't you use this awesome magic sword my character has, since you're so much better at fighting than I am, ow don't worry, if you don't have the skill, that's one of the enchantments on it, you get it if you wield it.
>my character is actually the sword
>uses superior WIL stat to posses their character

kill them next chance I get

The girl is dead, as are her parents. She lies cold, rotting in the earth... until I, the player her drove her to madness and death in the first place, exhume her mangled, skeletal remains one gloomy night. I carry what is left of her to my basement and set to work, stitching her back together with remains I've stolen from other corpses of girl's of similar ages and applying a restorative unguent to her maggot-ridden flesh. With an incantation invoking powers long lost, the girl sits up and gasps, her empty sockets slowly filling with the ectoplasm that will replace her devoured eyes. She knows only pain and confusion, but her body is under my control, and I watch with glee as the spell fills the holes and restores her body to the perfection it knew in life.

Her skin darkens, becoming a gorgeous caramel. Her nipples regain their vibrant pinkness. Her puffy, bald vulva moistens and begs to be touched by my befouled hand. I indulge her need, slipping a my middle digit into her wet sex, much to her delight.

In reality, the reanimated corpse is utterly horrified and maddened by what has transpired. Last she knew was the darkness of the grave, and now she is the sexual plaything of a madman. What's left of her mind fractures; she becomes an empty shell, existing for nothing but sexual gratification... until the spell expires and death claims her once more.

The cycle continues, an affront to nature, and an example of depravity taken to a limit unknown before that point. I take notes of the experience in my copy of the Book of Vile Darkness.

I had this happen to me in a SW Saga game.
I said the guy he could try me if he wanted
turns out he grossly underestimated my character
he left the group soon afterwards

If.

“Fair enough.”
Then mentally reassess my plan for incapaciting that character when their utility is at an end, and the timeline for enacting it. Is there something I’ve missed?

>tfw I RP as a heal slut because I am masochistic as fuck
Egg em on. This is all going according to plan.

This happened to me. I told them to try it if they felt so confident.

I won. They got royally pissed. It was funny. They ended up leaving the group soon there after.

Best post here

We're all level 2. And I can fly and have spells.
I either divebomb the fucker from the sky (see you survive a falling divekick at 50mph), drop him off the nearest cliff and fly off (see you survive a 50 meter drop off this building), or cast spells at them from the air (see you hit me with that sword while I'm flying circles)

>Character is a mystic immortal wearing the dragon queen mask.

I may not hit nearly as hard as others, but boy, I'd like to see you fucking try.

Had a player who used to say this kind of stuff all the time. Not to offend anyone, but because he was really proud of his lvl 4 character.

>the aarokocra wizard thinks he can lift a barbarian+gear
Ha, no

no, and neither am I

Well alrighty then.

10/10 for taking a retarded thread and making something interesting, if disgusting, from it. That's the old Veeky Forums I remember.

''You can't I didn't say it in character, don't metagame''

is it bad to allow pvp?

im dealing with a lawful good fighter always trying to stop the neutral evil fighter murdering every npc they might think have good loot. also i'll usually have the last guy in a group surrender if they're just normal bandits or whatever. good always wants to let them go or tie them up, evil wants to keep murdering.

last session i let Good grapple Evil to let the enemy escape, evil wasn't too happy but didn't try to hunt the guy down. i think it might escalate if evil keeps trying stuff, but im not sure how to handle it. they're both acting within alignment, and Goods going to get pissed if they can't at least try to prevent the bad stuff that evil wants to try.

prolly shouldnt have let there be an evil character in a good/neutral group in the first place.

Not lift.
Push.

"Alright. Don't metagame and try to kill my character when I tell you I fucked your girl before the session."

>them
What are you talking about? I only have one character.

Thread is pointless. just wait for that player to roll anything that isn't a success. Move anything breakable in your house to a safe place though.

"I don't have a DMPC, so you'll have to be more specific."

You shouldn't have let an Evil character be allowed in a Good campaign to begin with. But since you did, now there is going to be an escalation to the point where a PvP is going to be the only way to resolve whatever the Evil and Good characters are fighting over.

When that happens, you're going to have to allow it.

There are collections of Nagatoro pictures since she's the Goddess of Smug. Two people could have downloaded the same collection for reaction images.

Don't take offensive, but the evil player is a fucking idiot. Killing the last bandit will piss off the good player, and that's fine in my eyes since I can easily see people doing that. Trying to murder every npc for loot on the other hand is fucking retarded and all it does is slow things down and alienate the rest. Dude sounds like he either only thinks evil is short term goal oriented and filled with edgy stupid shit, or he think he's playing a videogame and there's no consequences. Personally, I believe it's fine for evil to be in a good campaign, if the evil player is actually good at role playing. However, you're dealing with the average cookie cutter "EVIL LOL" murderhobo. PvP will happen and allow it. If he's going to be a retard, then show him what happens to retards.

*shows your deviantart*

You take the player aside, and tell them to tone down the random murderhobo'ing, or his character is going to eventually get turned over to the authorities or straight up lynched by the party. It's okay to be evil, so long as it's done tactfully.

Going around killing off NPCs because "Hey, maybe he'll drop a rare item" is a horrible mindset best left to the realms of MMOs or Diablo clones.

If he doesn't, bring in the whole consequences thing. Someone witnesses his latest act of murderboning, informs the authorities, and now the law is after them.

That's a funny statement, considering the character OP is using.

PvP is bad because that sort of shit should be resolved by the players deciding how it will end and then piecing it together from there. Being unable to do so means that people are self-inserting too hard and should try to maintain a better disconnect between fantasy and reality. You're there to tell a collaborative story, after all.

Like, you have evil fighter player and good fighter player talk about what they want out of their character arcs and the interplay between their characters and then go on from that point with that information in mind.

This assumes that it's a group which cares mostly about narrativism, though. If you fall harder on the side of gamism, then it's a different can of worms entirely.

>Yare yare Allah.

>How do you respond?
"Yes, I think so too. Now let's play the game."

all good advice, thanks.

i've advised Evil that if the other players want to escalate things then i won't stop it, hopefully they cool off before things get that far.

as for consequences, i've made a point of showing loot they could have gotten if they didn't murder everyone (guy takes a potion of invisibility to escape instead of sharing or selling it, stuff like that.)

haven't had a chance for the law to do anything yet as they've been away from civilization for the last few sessions, but i'll have them arrested if they try the same shit in the next city.

might talk to them about changing their character if it goes on, but hopefully they get the hint.

That's nice, user.

I pee on her shoes, both in-game and irl. Don't fuck with the whizzard.

Most players roll evil as an excusse to have fun, and by 'have fun' they mean act like a cartoon.
Neutral evil doesn't seem like the alignment of a man who lives by the code of fighting to the death. That's more lawful evil thing. My guess based on that is the evil player is having fun, and by 'having fun' I mean being a cartoon.
Firtst question: You were speaking of how the PC's responded In Character. How do they feel about it all as players Out Of Character?
Second question: Have you read their character bios? I'd be guessing again, but, no? that could help to understand what your players may want to do with the character.
If none of the players have a problem, then it's probably ok.

Compelled duel time

Take her sheet and rip it apart then kick her from my group

Apologize then murder them in their sleep, if I can't get it done that instant then I know what I'm building up to for the next few sessions.

Ask him how he thinks beating a fictional character in a fictional game is a threat and tell him to grow the fuck up.

>"Really? Can I see?"
>"Yeah"
>Rip
>"What are you talking about user? They can't fight at all."

Sure you can, but I have an entire folder of backup bards, each one more annoying than the last.

All that over a fucking game of DnD?

1v1 fight to the death, obviously. I almost always play spell casters so i have an inherent advantage over any type of non caster, and if it's caster v caster it's going to depend entirely on the spell list

They can say what they want. It doesn't matter. They're boasting but if their character is dangling off a cliff it's on the strongest warrior to pull himself up, he shouldn't need help.

I'm legitimately considering banning all variants of "I could kill you in a fight" from my table.

Pay a wizard to shrink several hundred pounds of rocks to the size of grains of sand with a command word to return them to their original size. Mix the sand into their characters food.