How long would a lone Space Marine Chapter last within the Mignolaverse?

How long would a lone Space Marine Chapter last within the Mignolaverse?

lore me on the mignolaverse

Basically:
>God and His Host are fighting a (losing) war against the Great Darkness, Ereshkgal, to save the Multiverse
>In one reality, God entrusted a set of Watchers to watch over the newborn Earth, and ensure that Ereshkgal doesn't get it's grubby tendrils on it.
>Suffice to say, they fail. Horribly.
>Being too fucking lazy to actually do their damn jobs, they let one Watcher named Anum steal some of God's Fire, known to us as Vril, so that it could fashion forth a sentry to protect the world in their stead.
>But no matter what they did, they couldn't get it to come to life. But not to worry! Ereshkgal would then proceed to take this lovely proform off their hands.
>And to cut an extremely long story short, the Ogdru Jahad were then born and existence has been fucked over forever.

They'd get fucking rekt. Any high level threat that appears like Korschei, Black Flame, Raspuitan or an Ogdru Hem will btfo an entire chapter.

Well Rasputin is a bit debatable, given that he's (mostly) mortal and he CAN be killed. It's just that he gets revived by the Dragon whenever he meets his end, and he likely knows how to offensively channel Shakti.

Step 1: They'd attack the wrong side, fucking the "good guys" of the setting over by severely weakening them, because those heathen scum don't glory to the emprah
Step 2: They'd get utterly destroyed to the point of nobody even remembering they were present
Step 3: Due to being weakened by the Invading Imperium Idiots, the good guys would also get wiped out completely, much more quickly than would have been the case otherwise.

Lesson to be learned: Dumping a bunch of xenophobic racists into someone else's war doesn't make things better for anybody but the bad guys.

I don't know, but I cannot shake the idea of hellboy managing to actually rally the remaining marines and they end up having a grand old time together.

Yes, I know that flies in the face of everything the marines would do but Hellboy being able to crossover with everything in my mind also translates to him being able to get along with about anyone in my mind.

>"AN IMPRESSIVE POWERFIST YOU WIELD, MUTANT BUT YOUR BOLTER SEEMS OUTDATED, TAKE MY SPARE!"
>"Huh, what's it fire?"
>"GYRO-JET ASSISTED ARMOR-PIERCING EXPLOSIVE ROUNDS!"
>"Now we're talkin'!"

God damn it I read the Hellboy lines in Ron Pearlman's voice.

But they are fast, big guys with large guns.

Eh, I suspect that Varvara will deal with them before they fuck things up to the point that good has no since of winning. Though, by the time she gets around to that, they'll end up ruining so much shit that Evil will have a fucking field day for quite a while. Zhara-Hem in particular will be enjoying the devastation they cause.

Think of how it was for me. My original idea was a modified version of Lemun russ' speech to the Inquisition in Alfa's TTS only with Hellboy explaining to the Marines why they're gonna get their asses kicked.

Being fast and having large guns doesn't really matter much when even bare novices in the Dark Arts can literally sling Creation-rending Shakti at you from a mile away, or drop massive hurricanes right on top of your ass without warning, or cause the very ground beneath your feet to rise up and swallow you whole instantly.

Shit, i got off the train just after they finally reached new york and escaped from the new black flame, and hellboy just killed satan. How much new content is there these days?

>How much new content is there these days?
A fair bit. Hell On Earth just finished with the destruction of one of the Ogdru Jahad and the death of most of the BPRD, and the latest arc involves the remaining members and the rest of the world, and then there's the miniseries Voice Of The Dragon featuring Prof.Trevor Bruttenholm and Sandhu trying to stop Rasputin from stirring up some extremely bad shit.

oh wow, gonna have to track down a torrent thats current or whatever /co/ mega is best curated. Don't suppose you/anyone in the thread has a link and feels like being a good samaritan?

>Don't suppose you/anyone in the thread has a link and feels like being a good samaritan?
Don't have a mega link unfortunately, but I do have this however;

Hmmm... I should read more hell boy. (What's a good place to start?)

This some dumb shit

is that God?

from the beginning. Honestly, it's all good, the early "Hellboy is fighting various spooks and nazi gorrilla machines" stuff and the later BPRD stuff after he's left the BPRD too.

Really the better thing to worry about is jumping too far ahead because it goes from being discrete stand on their own stories to a continuous ongoing story at some point that I can't easily name.

Conqueror Worm might be the point to sort of jump on, maybe, if I'm remembering correctly.

>muh lovecraftian entities from beyond the stars

Mignola is a hack

No, God is heavily associated with bright yellow, thats either Hecate or something like her iirc.

If we look at Uriel Ventries and Blood Quest's Marines behaviour I think that the lone Astartes may join the B.R.P.D. He will use his martial power to help them to fight demons.
He will be a bigger and tougher Roger but he will also be an total asshat, he will not like Abe or any sorcery.

They work a bit differently in Mignolia-verse. As they are like Angel's Evil creation.

that's the joke

A Ogdru Hem is going to be too pwerful, but everyone else? As long as we aren't talking about Super-Black Flame heavy weapon can destroy those and an Astartes is the super-soldier.

Nope. It's Hecate, direct spawn of God's utter opposite. God Him/Itself is likely a mass of raw, unrestrained Vril.

>Hellboy with a bolter
I didn't know I needed this until now

They had to kill him 3 times in a row for it to stick tbe first time and two of those were high on god juice

Even normal black flame or Rasputin would. Remember what it took to take down 2nd black flame and Rasputin.

is THAT the story? I could never piece any of the background lore together. Maybe I'm just dumb

>black flame
The Claw was able to take down the first Black Fire and Raputin is a magic Ghost, so yes our Super-Soldier can't punch himm dead. BUt otherwise he would be a thougher Roger.

But if you read op, we are talking about space marine chapter, not the lone marine. So they have a dozen or so librarians. Also important is whether they have chapter FLEET with them

Ah, I overread that part. Well then, they will be able to kill some Ogdru Hem.

A century, as their military force and fleet my turn the tide.

Depends on the chapter.

I could see the space wolves thriving there.

Black Templar.

Same

That's the very global backstory. The actual story doesn't have much to do with that except that the progeny of the Ogdru Jahad eventually return and start shitting up the Earth. All the actual big bads are way out in the void and don't really interact with the Earth (and if they ever did, it would be an instant game over for everyone).

Depends on the Chapter. The Grey Knights would put up one hell of a fight while others like the Salamanders and Smurfs would do their best to organize what they can into an effective fighting force. Even the Blood Ravens would cause havoc borrowing important relics from deities and leading them on wild goose chases.

They might not be able to save the setting, but they would give the opportunity and hope that someone else could.

>All the actual big bads are way out in the void and don't really interact with the Earth (and if they ever did, it would be an instant game over for everyone).
Well by the nd of Hell On Earth, Nergal-Jahad itself turns up to lead the massive tides of Ogdru Hem, and is successfully destroyed. But it's mere appearance and initial assault nearly caused the end of everything on it's lonesome, and the only reason it was destroyed was because Johann literally gained the power of God and sacrificed his eternal soul to obliterate it utterly. And even then, it's straight-up stated that the most he did was just buy the world a little more time., and it's quite likely that more of Ereshkgals servitors are going to wake up due to his actions.

There are 12 Hellboy TPBs, it's not THAT long a run to commit to.

Not all of them advance the main plot, but they're all worth reading.

So what, if anything can actually save Mignola verse earth at this point?

Nothing, absolutely nothing. I doubt even throwing Supes/The Justice League as a whole, the Demi-Fiend, Lina Inverse or other utterly ridiculous characters of their powerlevel would do anything. The Mignolaverse is just that hopelessly fucked.

I mean, Thought robot supes could probably do it as far as superman is concerned. But that's cheating.

Thought-Robot Supes could probably do it, but we'd really need to get a better shoeing of the Mignolaverse Multiverse (which will never happen) in order to get a better grasp on how he'd deal with things. For All we know, Ereshkgal has won so utterly that every other reality besides the 'main' one has been consumed by Evil.

So where does Hellboy factor into all this?

If you're referring to the OP question, then he's likely the poor schmuck who has to work with the Marines and keep them from getting themselves killed (or worse) due to their own stupidity and arrogance.

>God and His Host are fighting a (losing) war
>An omnipotent god that knows everything, sees everything, and is everything is losing to generic spooky""eldritch""" tentacools
0/10

Ereshkgal is literally God's exact opposite user, and likely has everything God has and then some. And unlike God, Ereshkgal doesn't give a flying fuck about "laws" and "restrictions", Evil does as Evil pleases.

Hell, Ogdru Jahad and Ogdru Hem even have their own fucking "Heaven" (pic related) that they go to when they 'die' for pete's sake!

so the last time I tried to get into hellboy was when /co/ did the annual 'let's do a hellboy run, except chronologically' and the farthest I read black flame was just a really angry magically flaming german and hellboy wasn't even alive yet, and lobster claw man was doing ass kicking

I guess /co/ has some better starting material than that? I've not looked through all the torrent material but I didn't really consider that it'd have something as popular as Hellboy

>I guess /co/ has some better starting material than that?
Whilst there are stories that are easier to handle form ost, it's always a good idea to tune in for the Chronological storytimes, as they outline and help to explain some pretty heavy details regarding characters or events that you might not get just by reading through each individual story n their lonesome.

Superman 1 million. But that is donut steel levels of OP power fantasy.

>tentacles take over anything

did the japanese write this shit

Didn't the BPRD end up saving the world with Johan's sacrifice and Hellboy breaking everything in hell?

In a way, yes. But they lost so many fucking people before that happened, all of thrm friends and trusted allies and so many civilians were killed/eaten, that it may as well have been a loss. And it's straight-up stated that the most Johann did was buy them all just a little more time.

And in Hellboys case, that was mostly due to him ranking Satan. The rebelling imps are really the ones who took care of it from there.

I'm pretty sure that unless the scenario was intentionally skewed for this to happen they would fairly quickly pick up on who they should fight and who they should help.
>Dumping a bunch of xenophobic racists into someone else's war doesn't make things better for anybody but the bad guys.
Honestly you couldn't sound like more of a cuck if you tried, and i genuinely don't know how to get my point across better then with /pol/ bile. Stop applying real world morals to 40k and stop treating everyone from the setting like some retarded zealot when there are countless in-universe examples of free thinkers and strange alliances. Fuck, the Imperial Fists once worked together with the Iron Warriors, anything can happen if the threat is sufficient. A pseudo-inquisition using a pseudo-daemonhost (at least that's the way they would rationalize it) champion fighting against pseudo-chaos gods? You can be sure the Astartes would lend a hand. You think 40k people are incapable of self-reflection and free thinking, but the fact of the matter is the best choice in their setting is usually to kill something. Shit, they would probably understand EXACTLY what was going on and simply rationalize it to themselves with 40k terms to make it easier for everyone to work together.

>implying it's EVER going to become stale if done right

What about a dick metaphor robot that can utilize the force of the big bang as attack ?

It's still the mignola-user posting Hellboy time?
Shame you have to put wh40k shit to get the local base to talk about hellboy, probably one of the best comics I had the pleasure to read.

>Hellboy wielding a bolter, a single pauldron with the BPRD insignia and directing battle brothers and/or imperial guards
Now I need to draw this.

I'm a couple b.p.r.d. issues behind but isn't everyone forgetting that the mignoliaverse isn't exactly fucked, that the new world tree grows and Abe will usher in the new world? Or has that gone kaput?

>i genuinely don't know how to get my point across better then with /pol/ bile

Then stop posting, you colossal faggot.

It looks like at the moment Hellybody fufilled his prophecy to destroy the world They never said which world and might lead the black army to cleanse the earth.

In the mingloverse the earth is hollow as well which is where abe is taking everybody im pretty sure. So they're doing a hard re-boot with all the evil shit mostly dead now.

you first

>latches on to one part to feel vindicated while ignoring the part that actually proves him wrong
Classic snowflake.