Your party must somehow find a way to stop pic related from reducing all of reality to nonexistence...

Your party must somehow find a way to stop pic related from reducing all of reality to nonexistence, erasing even the gods and all things born of the cosmos. Can they manage to pull it off?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?615181-Nobilis-Mean-Everything-to-Nothing
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Who?

>The Excrucians, who come from the Lands Beyond, seek to undo reality by un-doing or "excruciating" its Estates. Every Noble, no matter their Estate or their Affiliations, seeks to stop the Excrucians. Excruciated Estates disappear from history as if they had never existed.

>Excrucians target individual aspects of reality - the sorts of things Nobles are the gods of - and remove them from existence. If the Excrucians successfully target Fire, then Fire is removed from all of Creation. Nothing like Fire has ever existed, and the whole history of existence shifts to accommodate a version of reality where there was never such a thing. Only the godlike beings who rule the universe will even remember that there ever was a thing called Fire.
This is just a general summary on what these fuckery do. If you want, I can provide some more background behind them and them like.

That sounds like some retarded ass shit

What the hell are these fuckers from, Gurren Lagann?

>What the hell are these fuckers from, Gurren Lagann?
They're from the game "Nobilis". Which, fun fact, features some of the same writers as Exalted. Anyway, Excrucians!

>the Excrucians, mysterious, beautiful beings from beyond the Weirding Wall (giant Wall of protective power that keeps the full bulk of the Excrucians out in the Not), who would like to nullify everything, bit by bit. (They have already destroyed some Estates.)
And they all come in four types:

>The Deceivers love us, or something in us, but believe that we've got tangled up in the lie that is Creation, and seek to free that part of us they love by destroying the lie.

>The Warmains seek to test Creation to see whether it can show them worth. If something fails their tests, they break it or leave it be; if it succeeds, they incorporate it into themselves. If something really impresses them, they'll even take on its body and personality when it's dead.

>The Mimics are Imperial-level moles in Creation, entities that seem to be Imperators (Angels, Gods, Giant Fucking Snakes, pretty much Top Gods) that hold Estates, that can even create Nobles (Smaller, but not truly less powerful Gods), but are founded on something that has no part in the world, something that is fundamentally wrong.

>The Strategists hate Creation. They see nothing to love in it, nothing that may be worthy of them - no, it is wrong, a crime against the void, and must be destroyed. To that end, they can unmake anything they come across, erase it from existence.

>That art
>That story
Fuck me I should have realized it's from Nobilis.

I read a bunch of that book but it just didn't really click for me how you'd run a game in the setting or with the themes. Maybe I'm just too much of a brainlet.

>I read a bunch of that book but it just didn't really click for me how you'd run a game in the setting or with the themes.
Mind if I recommend to you a rather decent play-by-post for the game? Do keep in mind that its *ridiculously* long, by the way, and is chock full of stuff that might be difficult to grasp in regards to mechanics and functions.
forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?615181-Nobilis-Mean-Everything-to-Nothing

>Maybe I'm just too much of a brainlet.
Everyone is a "brainlet" when it comes to Nobilis, user. That's half the fun of it.

>Page 1 of 100
Jizzums chrizzums.

Yeah, about the OP, if you're fighting those guys, I guess try to get as many allies as possible and mobilize everyone to fight them. Not really sure how, but I'd look into undermining the thing that allows them to exist.

>Jizzums chrizzums.
Yeeeeeeeeeaaaah. Like I said, it's a loooooooong game. The second thread isn't as long (Being 10 or so pages, seemingly having died prematurely), but it's still a massive game all in all. Very good example of how an average Nobilis session is run however.

>Not really sure how, but I'd look into undermining the thing that allows them to exist.
Excrucians have "Anchors" just like Nobles do, that allow them to work in Creation more overtly. Taking those out won't 'kill' the Excrucian, but it'll seriously hamper them in some way or another. Unfortunately, said Anchors are usually mortal beings of a sort, and many don't know that they're being used in such a manner, so some murder is going to have to happen. Excrucians also have pStates(Pseudo-Estates) which are expressions of their being that enable them to just move about and direct themselves within reality, so those are also good targets.

>They're from the game "Nobilis". Which, fun fact, features some of the same writers as Exalted.

Thanks for notifying me of this as someone who was considering looking deeper into Exalted. I'll make sure never to touch it or anything related to it and just stick to my edgy World of Darkness games.

You're welcome user! Please do enjoy limiting yourself to a tiny selection of games and experiences because you just can't handle being exposed to anything beyond your standard fare. Also;

>Anime girl reaction image

I guess we murder them all.

>I guess we murder them all.
>In a Land Beyond Sun And Being, an Island floating upon a vast sea of unreality, Textrix The Deacon smiles.

>random string

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Nobilis. The themes are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical philosophy and metaphysics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Lord Entropy’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these characters, to realise that they’re not just badass- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Nobilis truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Entropy’s existential catchphrase “My hands drip blood while I'm watching a basketball game,” which itself is a cryptic reference to White Wolf’s fantasy epic Exalted. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Sean Borgstrom’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

Also
>likes Nobilis
>complains about animeposters