What was the even that ruined your PC's childhood and robbed them of their innocence?

What was the even that ruined your PC's childhood and robbed them of their innocence?

Other urls found in this thread:

ipaiwithmylittleeye.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They played a violent video game

He walked in on his parents having sex his dad had been in a coma for a couple of years by that point

Joining the military. Life on the frontier as a rank and file soldier is hell.

An orc kidnapped some kids, and she freed them, and they swarmed the orc.
Later, she stumbled into a planar rift, and had to survive the feywild, so now she acts simultaneously childlike and self sufficient. She has a bit of a hero worship thing going on for another party member, and is overly trusting of what people say, but distrusting of what she senses. Too many illusions, but most people she knew kept their word.

What's this from?

When he asked his mother why he couldn't leave the library without permission and she couldn't give him a straight answer.

He was /ss/'d by the knight(female) that he was squired too.

He was forced to touch the cow.

it's a meme

>What was the event that ruined your PC's childhood and robbed them of their innocence?
They visited Veeky Forums in 2006, and it hadn't let them go ever since.

The overlord took over his town and enslaved and oppressed everyone who lived there

Pirates raided her coastal village for years until she was slowly orphaned. Then she ended up betraying the guy who came to deal with them out of anger.

Am I your character?

Childhood is a fairly modern concept. With half the population being 15 years old, it means having to take responsabilities a lot earlier. Typically you should be working by the age of 7. 12 years old could participate in juries and your decisions would have legal repercursions. Etc.

Almost nothing. She had a happy childhood. Sure, there were some people in the village who objected to her adopted father raising a drow infant on the grounds of her being a drow, but it's difficult to keep thinking of someone as an Infernal Spawn of Evil when you used to see them try and catch their own shadow, or ask you why the sky is blue, or throw a perfectly ordinary tantrum after not getting the sweet she wanted.

By the time my character was old enough to even understand Common, no one in the village she grew up in thought she was any different from any other child, excepting for stuff that would have applied to a surface elf (i.e., taking a bit longer to mature both physically and mentally).

There was one minor event that, as an adult, she admits she stupidly overreacted to, but it happened when she was 20 (physically and mentally the equivalent of a 12 year old), so I'm not sure if that counts for the purposes of this thread.

Something between
>goblinizing
>being experimented on
>running away from megacorp
>living on streets in a war-torn banana republic
>participating in rebellion and killing a fuckload of people
>witnessing the messy death of unit's leader, sworn brother and a role model
>finding out that someone in the group was a traitor directly responsible for the death
>all this around the ages of 14-16

I want to know more

His mage girlfriend was into some shit

His dad fucked his mom.

He died.

Killed a bandit at age 12

His dad was a caravan guard, the caravan was attacked by bandits and one of them got past the guards and attacked the passengers. He defended the other passengers, and his shortsword found the bandit's throat.

He's killed a lot of people since, some of them who didn't deserve to die, but that one bandit still haunts him in his nightmares

She didn't have one of those. She lived a pretty normal, albiet lower class, life throughout childhood and didn't face any serious issues in her life until the age of 19, well after the point when her culture considered her an adult.

Facing a crisis isnt the only way to grow up.

There wasn't one? He started adventuring in order to gain enough wealth and power to start a noble court in the Feywilde and be allowed to marry his fair lady.

Tiefling in low-magic game where magic is practically forbidden, he was part of a small boom of tielfings because the country's previous ruler made a deal with the devil, so his parents, being ashamed, tried to hide him away and put his bedroom in the library to feel less guilty about denying their child interaction beyond the family. He developed skills to leave eventually, but he never had anywhere to go until he met the party, so he always came back.

Why would he want to start a noble court in the Feywild? Fey nobles are assholes.

The last campaign I DM'd the party forced a draft of anybody able to hold a weapon due to the kingdom losing basically all their soldiers. Pretty much everybody from about age 3 and up was forced onto the front lines to fight, and often die, to call a bluff and force a pyrrhic victory(never should have taught them the word in the first place as that was honestly their real goal in all this). Well they got their victory but as a result they entirely forgot the damn standing army or what was left of it before skipping off to do some other shit. Naturally the adults put the kids at the back so most children survived but now not only was there a power vacuum that a local nation took advantage of but all the kids were basically war orphans with varying levels of trauma and no support from anybody including the now defunct government who heard about something fun to kill 3 continents over so they just up staked and left everything in the air.
What followed was everything you'd expect would happen when large sums of newborns to teens are left on their own then a less than reputable government came in to control the situation and make a quick buck. Everything from children being sold to basically anybody no questions asked to forced recruitment of those that could fit the label Child Soldier occurred and all the little horror in between.
My character was one of those kids and my hope is once this campaign ends and I'm back at the helm that the reminder I've been playing will make them think about the impact of their actions next time. it is in no way a blatant ripoff of Jonah from Jormungand.

She became homeless and was coerced into a life of crime. She's a tiny bit bitter about it.

Well, to be honest, she actually couldn't even.

Go away, couchfucker.

>couchfucker
I've never heard this insult in my life and I have no idea what it means.

It's a "clever" insult girls with flat chests and trannies created to mock men's desire for big boobs

He's probably a dude who'd stick a piece of salami between the couch cushions, fuck it and then claim that he got some good pussy when talking to his internet acquaintances a few minutes later.

Well, he is an asshole Fey noble so, yes. He just doesn't have enough money and power to get this particular lady.

He was conscripted into the king's army at the tender age of 15 and got to see the horrors of war up close and personal. He's in his 60s now.

You're retarded.

and you're a tranny, how's your day going?

growing up in conditions of poverty doesn't leave a lot of room for innocence, her parents dying shortly after gaining an improved quality of life didn't help much. She ended up manipulating her adoptive parents' son in to becoming a terrorist.
writing it out makes it sound pretty edgy but in practice she isn't very.

user, in complete seriousness, is 100% inaccurate.

What's it called?

Here ya go.
ipaiwithmylittleeye.tumblr.com/

>couches are made of leather
>leather comes from cows
>cows have big udders
I like my autistic explanation better than yours

I'm writing a campaign write now (my first) which basically starts all the players' characters as level one peasant children. At first I was just going to do a little short background session with each player to help them choose their character's personality/motivations/backstory whatever to make them invested in their character and story. (an idea I got from that screencap about the DnD barbarian who finds out he's in a Rogue Trader game). But I've since decided that not only should I have childhood backstory sessions for each player, but their first campaign should be as children overcoming their first encounter with a supernatural enemy. I'm trying to mix half the first half of Zelda Ocarina of Time (Bottom of the Well) with Stranger Things and get a sweet story that will bind all the characters together by a shared experience and get all the players invested in the group experience.

What do you guys think?

What sort of supernatural threat did you have in mind for a group of children to overcome?

Dnd
Paladin that saw an entire town tortured, raped and killed by a roving band of orcs.
Turned him from "we can save everyone" to "there will be no mercy for the creatures of flith"
Hasn't fallen despite killing orc prisoners

Shadowrun
Technomancer than manifested her powers in the middle of having sex, her boyfriend freaked out drove to her parents house to tell them (her father works for an anti-technomancer corp)
She hacked his car, parked it on some train tracks and watched as the train plowed into him

To be fair, orcs are douchebags.

>what is a meme called
???

While I love the idea in practice, it'll be more difficult to pull off in DnD (unless peasants are less worthless in newer editions). Give a lot of teamwork bonuses on actions n shit.

Getting stationed as a conscript in besieged town.
Conquering force was taking their time and starved the place out.

I love these race preference comparison charts, but have yet to find their original source.

Went on an adventure with his father and a research team. Adopt a little brother who was being chased by essentially witch hunters for being a psychic. Run across evil alien psychics, the crew kills one, wounds the other. As they got back on their ship, and surviving evil alien reveals itself mid-FTL, in which minor disturbances can eject the ship into empty space for the crew to slowly starve with no way back without a gravity well.

Ends with mexican standoff guarding the pilot with his mind controlled father. He shot he father in the face, mind controlled father only shot him in the arm. Spends two weeks with substandard first aid for plasma burns, staring at the corpse of the father he murdered, spends next 20 years second guessing himself.

[Amahara Teikoku(Amahara)] [masha] Interspecies Reviewers - Chapter 0

Amahara is a godsend, both for his comedy and his hardcore rape.

Some drunk hunters caught him in the act of freeing a trapped fox. They got thoroughly pissed off that someone's undoing their works and got violent, so he killed them all in a moment of panic.
Or did you mean the one whose single father died investigating a public disturbance alongside the guard, then got tossed out into the streets by the mafia as a young girl with only her father's spellbook, book of law, and barely-ornate dagger?

Dunno what edition you're using, but here's a thing.

He's an elf, so he's still pretty innocent.
However, he was introduced to the campaign by being found in a hanging cage in an evil cult's hideout after being kidnapped and tortured by said cult for three weeks.

>ipaiwithmylittleeye.tumblr.com/
this fucking guy

>I REJECT REALISM
We don't deserve this legend.

>safe mode
How do I bypass this without making an account?

make dummy account

When during the course of the campaign the party unwittingly tore open the gates to hell, and then marched back home through the wasteland they had thus created, past mountains of corpses of their own countrymen.

The wolf she was raising ripped her best friend's throat out while on a hunting trip. She decided not to go back home that day.

While I really appreciate the massive breasts, wouldn’t a cow-girl have significantly more chub or muscle?

It’s my same issue with wolf-girls when they’re portrayed as equally voluptuous. They’re not! They should be svelte and hard muscle!

Dare I say, BASED?

The war. At eleven, five years into the conflict, he and his friends snuck into an enemy city to steal some food. They were caught, escaped, then caught again right at the city’s wall. No way out, he fought and killed his first man. They then dragged the corpses home, and the village ate good that night.

Getting denied food for "misbehaving" over several consecutive weeks until malnutrition collapse.
Oh wait, you said my PC.

This man has his priorities straight

Doggo-kun has been corrupted. Not that I mind.

he grew up in a mercenary camp

Godspeed. Had I the skills, I'd do the same, only I would turn all girls into flat chested tomboys

Never before have I seen such good taste and such shit taste in equal manner.

Narrowly avoided getting fucked by burning someone alive.

Truly a paragon of freedom of expression

When will we get the "Je suis Shota" hashtags?

You better not shit talk tomboys, user.

He's a child slave soldier who had to be deployed early with the rest of his untrained company, so needless to say his innocence was lost fairly early. But one of the first moments that stuck with him was seeing his friend repeatedly getting killed and resurrected by one of the ruling mage nobles for talking back to him. He still harbors a deep seeded anger towards mages and still isn't a fan of talking because of this.

I would touch that cow. A lot

I'm not, I'm talking shit about boychests. Ya homo.

Their dad was captured and they were split up from the rest of their family.

fuck that's a rough one

So.. I'm a couch fucker because I like big.. pillows?.

>What was the even that ruined your PC's childhood and robbed them of their innocence?
Being born
Or rather conceived

SHOTAS ARE FOR SEXUALLY DOMINATING ADULT WOMEN

Eh, what can i say, personally i think that liking big titties is plebian taste. Not bad in any way, but not really refined either.
.t ass lover

>Big titties are plebeian
>Not like me, I like refined things like a puckered up poophole
I bet you like dick too

I think we can all agree it’s not about big chests or little chests, but rather the *shape* of the chest that matters.

Not nearly as much as you do.

True, anything else would be babaric.

Yeah he was too young to process that, ran away from home in an autistic fit of confused rage.
It's why these days he's a monk with a fear of intimacy and women.

>Loving a woman
Miss me with that gay shit

On the bright side, that ought to make the whole "celibacy" thing much easier to handle.

true: and a sports bra gives them the perfect degree of plumpness and compactness

Such great taste.

Goddammnit, Screwnutt

Learning her little sister had gone into the setting's local blood sport and was making more money than her

Your post could be interpreted in two ways:
1. Shotas are meant to sexually dominate adult women
2. Shotas belong to adult women who are sexually dominating
I think it's safe to say we all know which of these choices patrician and which is plebian.

He was an unspecified human child (most likely varisian) raised by ulfen moonshiners after being sold into slavehood by his parents for unknown reasons.

The harshness of the industrious clan that focus heavily on "pulling your own weight" broke him as early as the first few months he spent with them.

Careful not to cut yourself with that edge boyo

Her mother was brutally murdered in front of her and her father dropped her and her brother off at an orphanage while he tried to make his money adventuring. She thought he had completely abandoned them, and ran away from the orphanage to live on her own in the wilds. Now she's a traveling witch burning down anything that crosses her and hoping she never sees her father again.