What characterizes your "strong female NPC"? Knack for intrigue, swordplay, code of honor and oratory charisma?

What characterizes your "strong female NPC"? Knack for intrigue, swordplay, code of honor and oratory charisma?

Purple hair
Bad at literally everything
Commits suicide after letting everyone die to prove strength

All four of those, always.

A shitty attitude and plot armor

Basically, yes.

Then again, she's basically genderbent Big Boss.
It's uncanny how well it fits.

Proper characterization. A strong character is someone who not only has the motivation and ability to exert a real effect on the world around them, but actively does so to achieve personal goals or express strongly held ideals.
A female peasant doesn't need to be a swordfighter to be strong, she merely needs to have something important to her that she wants to protect or achieve, and actively does so with at least some success rather than waiting for the PCs to do it.
Even bitching to a judge to make the town guard go after the PCs for killing her cat is something.

Intelligence, a desire to do a task well, and taking obligations to others seriously.

Agreed. Just wanted to see how Veeky Forums in general reacts to the strong female thing, in the context of tabletop RP. Should've asked for examples of said NPCs.

Resilience to suffering, that most classic trait of the strong female throughout literature.

So you're admitting it was a bait

Confidence and being more than a cardboard cutout with words like "Strong", "Warrior", "Smart", and "Independent" plastered on it with bright neon letters.

So... she's The Boss?

Is this the new gunpowder meme? I've seen several bait threads the past few days with this format. Why is there such an influx of trolls lately?

It wasn't. I didn't realize people would not provide examples of their NPCs. Also yes I guess, it can be a tricky theme.

Tits. The bigger the tits, the stronger the female NPC.

confident, outspoken
protective of friends and comrades
can take hit or dozen and keep moving
pragmatic to the point of well-adjusted sociopathy

The same as any strong npc/character/pc/fictional person.
A well written or portrayed character.. But with tits

high-cut bikinis and toned abs

I'll give some general examples of some from my games:
>The noble sorceress who realized her husband was less manly than herself, so she took control of the family's business and walked it all the way to the palace, installing herself as the king's best advisor.
>The pair of young sisters who not only survived the apocalypse on their own, but got rich in the process.
>The old inquisitor lady who realized long ago that you don't need physical strength when you've got god on your side. Fortifies her body with magic anyways.

Thank you.

>tiddymonster world
>all roles reversed
>breast size determines power
>a flat QT rogue must sneak, clamber, backstab, trap, poison, eavesdrop, charm, and lie her way through this world, disguising herself as a boy
>she seeks to claw her way out of the slums, and into the capitol city, to obtain the Bra of Power, a legendary artifact that never snags, always fits, gives godly amounts of support, and (most importantly) gives license of absolute rule over all the kingdom
10/10 would ERP

I'll play along also.
>A naive oracle that tagged along a mercenary company until they were wiped out and she was imprisoned. Now she questions her role and seeks to protect the two soldiers that are left.
>The daughter of an exiled nobleman who was later killed. She leaves her village to follow his footsteps alongside her father's former comrades, becoming a squire.
>A captured elf warrior who was given a second chance at freedom. Now she questions whether she should run away, or embrace the people who welcomed her.
>The sole survivor of her unit while in a foreign country. Struggling with guilt, she decides to look for her lost brother.

"Strong" means "thought out".

This guy gets it

Not having to be physically strong, having a mind for intrigue, excellent fencing, being the moral and intellectual center of the party, and charisma that can appeal to the lowest peasant and highest noble - and a sound mind for tactical use of spells, mostly to heal and buff her party, but also hinder enemies.
And being properly girly while doing it.

Like Raymond Reddington but female

They have lots children who grow up well-adjusted and independent.

There's more than one kind of strength.

>70s/80s Western fantasy art

basically

Our party "tough chick" was a lesser noble's daughter who fought like a sniper with a light and advanced crossbow to make up for her small size and limited strength.

She had a chip on her shoulder and daddy issues, but made for the best lieutenant an outgunned group of monster hunters could ask for.

And she was a good friend.

>was
What happened

"Hamilton in 1969, standing next to the navigation software that she and her MIT team produced for the Apollo project"

>her MIT team

I make my strong female pc's the same as the ones in my life.

females do tend to have predispositions, that is for certain. and the ones that do go "against the mold" are indicative of that.

these autistic facsimiles in modern culture deny them cultural justice that the "sjw" and "alt-sjw" deny them.