/SWG/ - Heavy Droid Bombardment Edition

Can your lines withstand this level of bombardment? Can you hold the line !?!

Also, what would it be like if this thing actually made it into Legion?

Previous: >> 58187397

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
Other FFG Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ
Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

--- Latest News ---

> fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/22/cracking-the-metagame/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/23/racing-into-action/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/22/blizzard-assault/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/22/the-rebellion-is-born/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/20/the-duels-in-portland/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3nSpDEFO3tY
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Clone_Wars_(TV_series)
youtube.com/watch?v=5SUo7KuB5Hk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You know we didn't see a lot of those wheel droids in the CGI series.

The only mention outside the movie seems to be UR-battlefront 2

Well in Legends at least, they mention there was a period where the Hailfires were pulled from use given they tended to deplete their ammunition fairly easily in battle.

Each missile rack only had 15 missiles so this was easy to do.

That being said, they made a return when mobile resupply droids were created to replenish their missiles.

Even with only 30 missiles, they could still be very effective given just one missile was all it took to wreck your average Republic walker or tank unless it's one of the Fighter Tanks that Jedi and Clones made use of.

In Canon, they aren't seen outside of Attack Of The Clones and Commander, where the Rebel Alliance now has them.

>when mobile resupply droids were created to replenish their missiles
You'd think that the CIS would have already built those to begin with.

Well, the Hailfire may not have been made for sustained conflicts originally.

Remember, a good number of the CIS units were designed to threaten debtors, dissidents and pirates before they were adapted to fight in a sustained conflict such as the Clone Wars.

The whole battle reeks of ineffective tactics at least regarding that.

There is no need for the Hailfires to be rushing up for direct fire. They should be used indirectly, firing and scooting, like actual Katyusha artillery systems. Ideally with some fast method of reloading.

True, but Hailfires are expendable and the CIS commanders likely wanted the enemy Walkers and Troopers dealt with immediately, ideally while they were landing and deploying.

We also don't know their effective range either.

Plus the Hailfires are not artillery, they are tanks, so what they did may be somewhat understandable.

>Hailfires
>Tanks
I'm pretty sure that's a case of writers mistakenly using "tank" to describe any large, heavily armed fighting vehicle.

Yeah.

They also do the same thing in relation to walkers like the AT-TE and all of the Umbaran warmachines I believe.

Like the Umbaran Mobile Heavy Cannon had little reason to advance into combat given it could hammer the enemy from afar, but did so anyway and is also referred to as a "tank walker".

So let me get this straight...

Rebels introduces Force Time Travel in order to save Ahsoka.

It's literally fucking fanfic tier, and it makes no sense. Why didn't they just say she crawled out of the rubble?

> Why didn't they just say she crawled out of the rubble?

Disney wanted to "subvert" our expectations.

>Why didn't they just say she crawled out of the rubble?
Why didn't they just let her stay dead?

It might make selling toys harder?

Better yet why did they get her into that situation if they didn't want her to stay dead? Just have her go off with some other band of rebels and come back later, whatever.

Filoni is basically trash just like Troy 'Flow Walking' Denning. He was never good aside fromf the stuff Lucas did with him in TCW.

Anyone want to talk about X-wing tactics?

I'm going to be trying out Asajj and 2 Y's at Adepticon, and while I saw some cool openers for Asajj, I have no idea how to open with the Y-wings against most lists to keep them Relevant and have Lone Wolf be active on Asajj- TLT makes it seem reasonably easy, but I have no idea what to do with them though. Asajj will be engaged turn 2 and 3 most likely, doing 3 bank in, 3 bank out, 3 turn in from a corner most games.

Where should I deploy the Y's?

>FO and C&M SILL on the fucking boat
God damn it.

I stopped watching rebels a while back, which episode was this?

Can anyone tell me what are the faces of narrative dice? I deduced the good and bad d8 with online simulators, but when I tried to do the same with their d12, the numbers dont add up.

Did you try reading the rulebook?

They were in the clone wars game right?

And in Battlefront II I believe.

Especially the flatbed transport in Rogue One. Actually that thing would look pretty cool with a turret on it. I wonder if anyone has done any art for that?

>Especially the flatbed transport in Rogue One. Actually that thing would look pretty cool with a turret on it. I wonder if anyone has done any art for that?

That looked like a poorly designed warmachine.

It also looks extremely cramped on the interior and it almost looks as if you can't duck your head into the hatch, meaning if you come under fire you're pretty much done for unless your opponent has bad aim.

FFG are taking the piss with their absolute silence as to what is going on with those books.

All they need to do is put out a short post/message saying "Blah blah, unforseen circumstances beyond our control, we hope to have the books in stores by X". No-one will be happy, but at least they'll be communicating with the customer base, rather than presenting a wall of silence, occasionally broken by rumours, or things allegedly said at a trade show.

Pardon my autism, but the guy last thread who said that "while not incapable of recognizing good work, Lucas produces precious little of it himself" really makes me angry.
I don't understand how someone could believe that.
Kubrick said THX 1138 was a good film, Kershner said he was impressed by GL's student films, Joe Johnston is quoted as saying that "ESB was more of a George Lucas picture than an Irvin Kershner picture", pic related was thought up by GL (the shot itself I mean), etc.

It just makes me want to attack something in a white hot rage when people act like George Lucas is not the biggest that reason Star Wars is good.
WHY try to deny that?

Can't very well start a fight on the internet with a reasonable opinion. Have to go to the extremes in order to illicit an emotional response.

No.
Thanks.

So, in Legion, Grenades stack. A couple of people have posted on the forums they just asked Alex Davy and he said that 6 guys with Impact grenades is in fact, Impact 6.

The chair can likely lower itself like an office chair.

Carrying over from last thread: Thoughts on my list, the tourny, and meta as a whole.

List:
Vader: VI, Tie/x1, ATC, EU
Rho Squadron: Crackshot, Cannon title, linked batteries, HLC, LRS
Rho Squadron: Crackshot, Cannon title, linked batteries, HLC, LRS

The list itself deals with a lot of things that would keep it down by simply blowing them up. I think a lot of people try to get "cute" when looking for combos, whereas here we just have about an 85% chance of throwing eight hits at an opponent at up to range three, that then get crackshot. It's heavy ordinance, but a lot of players seem to have missed that. It is glorious to watch an opponent be in range of the gunboats and not use stims/counters on their Asajj, which after they realize their mistake is at 2-3 hull. Too late. It wins games right there, and this list severely punishes an opponent for minor mistakes in the jousting phase. It also punishes the player for the same sort of mistakes, but gunboats have just about the best dial in the game for getting you where you want to be combined with SLAM. You can even feint one way and then use SLAM to disengage. 80% of my games were just me walking my gunboats into my opponent and then blowing them to pieces securing the win within 2-3 rounds of combat. But the real reason it wins so many games is that Vader is still a monster lategame, and this list tends for him to not get shot to pieces in the opening, because my opponents are focused on taking out the gunboats. You could fit another ace in instead of Vader, if you don't have the experience with him. He isn't the easiest to fly, but he is really punishing to a lot of ships right now because of how much hull there is and his ATC crit.

Because Filoni can't let his donut steel die.
I guarantee if Embo or Wolfe did more stupid shit they'd have survived just as many asspull deaths too.
It's a damn shame too, I like him otherwise, but this is just too much.

>It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us, it binds the galaxy together.

This show has moments of sublime beauty.
THIS is what I mean when I say the sequel trilogy is low effort.
This kid's show is creating real art while the 200 million dollar ""top talent"" movies are stuck being an OT larp.

I reluctantly agree. I think the world between worlds was very beautiful, but Filoni really should have let Ahsoka's (amazingly emotional) fate in season 2 be her end.

I haven't seen it yet, so I can't really comment. But this has been a standing issue for a while. Bitch has just had too long of a shelf life, especially considering the usual life span of a character in TCW/Rebels (nigger's even killed off movie characters for chrissakes) so it's more than a little jarring we've now asspulled ways for her to keep living THREE TIMES now, each getting progressively worse from a narrative standpoint.

You can make pretty moments without pulling out things that cause deep questioning of the writing and universe metaphysics.
Just two episodes ago we managed that. The trip before to LothalLand did. Most of the art direction on Malachor. The flight into the star cluster. Double Moonset.

youtube.com/watch?v=3nSpDEFO3tY

The idea that Lucas can't make good things himself is ridiculous when the existence of American Graffiti is what got him the cultural cachet to make Star Wars. That being said, there is such a thing as too much Lucas, as we saw with Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. The ideal amount of Lucas is neither too much nor too little.

>as we saw with Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
Daily reminder that nuking the fridge is no more ridiculous than Temple of Doom's raft jump from a plane.

"the force lol" is a pretty flimsy fucking excuse for replicatable time travel
As is making the mortis family apparently an actual fucking thing AGAIN instead of just an anakin allegory which is something that was mocked in the eu as much as the vong and Darth Carlos

On the one hand, yes, on the other, using the OTHER movie considered to be the "bad" indiana jones movie kinda proves their point
I deeply enjoy all four personally, but.

It's why I never liked her. She was too much an OC donut steel. She survives Order 66. She pops up in Rebels. Survives even Vader and now the Emperor. It's just too much. If she pops up to help Rey rebuild the Jedi, I think it'll be the last straw for many people.

Not this again. Mortis was always somewhat real at least, since Rex (Cody?) actually lost contact with them or whatever. (haven't seen the Mortis eps in a while, but I remember it being a Contact-like situation where there was evidence that they had gone somewhere.

Though I think having the Mortis gods be in the temple archives makes no sense.

>somewhat real
Sure, just like the cave on Dagobah. That doesn't mean there was literally a Vader clone shambling around with Luke's face under the hood.

>using the OTHER movie considered to be the "bad" indiana jones movie
Maybe I don't have a problem with Indy 4 *because* Indy 2 is my favorite one.

Ahsoka is a hell of a lot less forced than Rey IMO.
Ahsoka also actually has a narrative purpose (or did in TCW at least).

>This kid's show is creating real art while the 200 million dollar ""top talent"" movies are stuck being an OT larp.

You have to remember. Filoni learned at Lucas's s feet while doing TCW. And has been doing SW for a decade now. So he has a better grasp than RJ and JJ who were thrown in without a life preserver and just did their best and copied the OT.

If you can't handle the paths Lucas left with the force, then I can't change your mind.

She is just as forced as Rey. OC Donut Steel who trains under Anakin, has adventures with all the prequels jedi/characters, survives the Jedi Purge. Helps create the Rebellion, etc. She is essentially Rey dialed up to 11 imo.

user why did you go to the world between worlds just to pull out an opinion from 2008?

Ahsoka has a personality while Rey is a flatline.
Eckstein is also a better actress than the Xenomorph.

Show me having them be an actual "thing" was something lucas left, I'll wait.

She was is not an OC dumbass. She was created by Filoni and Lucas together. He had planned to have Anakin teach his own padawan but didn't have enough time in the films. Lucas views TCWs as the fourth prequel.

Why are you pretending Ahsoka isn't a Mary Sue?

I was more referring to dumb giant ants and uncanny valley ancient aliens. Also Shia Lebouf. Fuck Shia Lebouf.

I don't have to show you, since Yoda literally went to physical places far more intricate than Mortis. If those can be real, why not Mortis?

>and uncanny valley ancient aliens
meme
Aliens is no worse than the Ark of The Covenant.
Making some distinction there is so fucking inane.
The giant ants were cool and Shia is a watchable presence.

The difference is we know Lucas worked on the Yoda episodes. The stuff about the cosmic force/living force is taking right from the Making of SW Episode I as well as the Force Priestess matching all the shit about whills/force ghosts from the cut lines with Qui-Gonn.
There is no evidence that the Mortis episodes had influence from Lucas.

Coming next week on rebels

Fuck off Crystal Skull was worse than TLJ and TFA combined shill. Shia has never been a good actor except for Fury.

Rebels Recon for yesterday's episodes proves your dumbass wrong.

I mean there is, if you bought the TCW dvd sets. They talk about Mortis there...

GASP. IS THAT BLOCKY OUTLINE...?

> She was created by Filoni and Lucas together.

No she wasnt. She was created by Filoni in his original pitch for an inter-prequel series that Lucas turned into the clone wars. But the idea of the Padawan character came from Filoni. Lucas just put her with Anakin/Obi-Wan.

fucking finally

>There is no evidence that the Mortis episodes had influence from Lucas.

They are both Mary Sues. Just because you prefer Ahsoka over Rey doesn't change the fact that Ahsoka is just as much an author OC.

????
Filoni has outright stated that George was the one who told him that "Anakin is going to have a padawan".

see above

So how did you typically set up/Break out with Vader and the Gunboats?

>Rock Material is BS
It sure is, model page. It sure is.

Did George's outline also include "and she's better than the Jedi, and she helped start the rebellion, and she can 1v1 Vader and almost beat him, and she's got a boyfriend /and/ a girlfriend, and she's got super special awesome dual-wielding ancient white sabers when she's older because she's so pure"

No.
>/and/ a girlfriend
?
???
?????????

Barriss memes. That was halfway facetious.

Oh, Chuchi too. Padme if you wanna get really degenerate.

>Filoni has outright stated that George was the one who told him that "Anakin is going to have a padawan".

And the padawan character was taken from Filoni's pitch. It's in the Art of TCW book. For example her original name was Ashla and Lucas tweaked it and made her Anakin's apprentice.

>And the padawan character was taken from Filoni's pitch.
Not attacking, just trying to clarify- so you're saying that Lucas decided to give Anakin a padawan, and then they decided to use Filoni's character in that role?
In that case, I still doubt that George didn't have input/help shape the Ahsoka character.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Clone_Wars_(TV_series)

Right from the Wooki

>Filoni's initial idea for the series revolved around a recurring cast of characters who traveled aboard a spaceship similar to the Millennium Falcon; the ship's crew would have included a smuggler, his girlfriend, a gungan named "Lunker," a Jedi padawan named "Ashla" and her Jedi Master. This early concept for The Clone Wars was designed not to interfere with existing continuity, and as such would have included only occasional appearances from film characters such as Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker. However, once Lucas became involved, he decided that the show would focus on the film characters, but would also include some of Filoni's ideas, such as Ashla (whose name was ultimately changed to Ahsoka).[53]

There was a lot of Scum two ships at this event. There weren't that many Ghosts, and even of the ones there they didn't make it to top 8. Harpoon lists seemed to be almost non-existent.

The real scourge right now is high hull expertise Rebel ships. Wookies, and Rey. Also Miranda and Rebel bombs in general. The problem with teching against these threats is that there's always someone taking some other stupid combination that might do you in. I think RAClo with Rebel captive stands a good chance against Rey/Low, but then how do I deal with all the other things on the field like triple wookies?

3po is again rearing his ugly head, this time often on wookies that already get a guaranteed evade. It's goodamn stupid how tanky those ships get for their points. Also I'm coming to hate the Auzituck, because even if I get perfect red dice and he fails both green rolls by gunboats can't take one off the field without help from Vader. There are almost no small ships that that's true of.

Also Expertise needs some sort of counterplay even if your list doesn't have stress control. Like maybe only working in your firing arcs or not working if you are touching another ship. It's stupid efficient for the points considering how it opens up the rest of your action window. It also doesn't help that the best stress dealers are still Rebel.

I usually set up the gunboats close together in one corner, and then saw where my opponent deployed. If they went the opposite corner I put Vader next to them and flanked across the board. If they went straight across from the gunboats I went down the middle with Vader and cut across the middle of the map to flank on turn 3-4. The gunboats usually just tried to follow their enemy as much as possible. It isn't hard.

I'm also learning that against some lists I need to space out my gunboats. So the next time I run into Rey I'll be trying that out. I need at least one HLC shot on her to win.

So we're both right.
George came up with the idea of giving Anakin a padawan and Dave came up with the personality.

I have no doubt that Lucas shaped Ahsoka. Back when she was, at worst, The Wesley and at best a fully realized character that has a place in the Skywalker story.
It's everything after TCW people generally have contention with her as a character more than mild annoyance, especially now that she's asspulled out of death twice, this time with a plot device that just so happens to have a long and storied history of being the reason so, so many plots go to absolute shit.

And it took Legends decades before they had Force Time Travel with Flow Walking. NuEU took only four years.

Flow-Walking also just gave you beefed up versions of Force Visions and Mind Tricks, neither of which are in the same calibre of setting-breaking as replicatable time travel. Not that Flow Walking isn't also terrible.

Space is time, time is space, guys.

So compared to the QD version, we are super similar, but QD frontloads better, and vader Lategames vetter. We both do the sane things with the Gunboats too.

I seriously considered Soontir fel at one point as the ace- Would he be a good idea for even more Tankyness?

Does Vader's target Lock dependency cause you to struggle against Countermeasures and Black one?

How would you rework TOR's Sith Empire so it isn't just the Galactic Empire with more Sith? For starters I would have the title of Moff being used exclusively by the Republic, the Sith uniforms and armor would be closer to those used by Revan and Malak's army, with perhaps Force using Massassi/Pureblood troopers bridging the gap between the regular army and the Sith instead of the totally not Red Guard.

For get about ToRs shitty Sith Empire and use The Eternal Empire of Zakuul

But it's almost worse.

How...

It's too original.

I dont hate Ashoka but did it bug anyone else that she never fucking met Shakk'Ti in all of the Clone Wars?

I'll admit, I really liked the concept of non-Jedi, non-Sith Force users taking on the galaxy and the first trailer with the emperor's two sons, but I lost all interest in them when I discovered that he's actually fucking Vitiate yet again.

I am not a big fan of Ashoka being alive. Introduce force time travel another way but ruining one of Rebels best episodes is just dog shit.

You had this perfect lead up Ashoka learns her own master and friend had turned into this monster and then you had Vader killing one of Anakins connections to his past. That was pure Star Wars. However I guess also bringing a character back after they get an ending is pure star wars as well.

>spoiler
That shit was added after the fact. Knights of the Fallen Throne and Knights of the Eternal Empire were originally meant to be their own games. It's the reason why your character doesn't even really fit into the story.

I like the aesthetics of it. I'm not done with the episode, but the look and feel of this whole thing speaks to me somewhere. And we know the force interacts with time and time isn't static, though this is a very "physical" manifestation of that.

Vader still does it, or he aims to. And judging by the end scene, I think he did, right? Because we saw Ashoka go deeper into the temple. And maybe she'll go back to that point and...? Actually let's not get too deep in the time technicals, that'll hurt everybody. The point is the character aspects still work because the intent was there, even if physical circumstances made the action not "happen".

I'll need to see why Ashoka was actually brought forward from a character and story perspective before I call absolute bullshit on it.

Were they supposed to be sequels to TOR/KotR, or an entire new IP?

Their own game more like a KotoR 3.

It's really a shame they were added the way they did.

Yeah it was. TOR was a mistake. They should have just did a KotoR 3.

I enjoyed TOR purely for one thing and that is the Light Side Sith Warrior story.

youtube.com/watch?v=5SUo7KuB5Hk

I'm playing it right now, and I love it. Light Jaesa is so endearing and earnest. All the companions are great except Broonmark, who seems to be dumb psychotic muscle without much depth.