Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2082: At least everyone here is as fucked up as me Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn (embed)

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/1Gg6fsewkJKMYJ_jjhmkRyLrPaIGN0xOO/view
docs.google.com/document/d/19OPIkAmpSA9-CEHT1oCwPATrB4FJ0RLIh-1TSQvUtPc/edit
twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/968576621220331520
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>forgot to delete the shitty (embed) thing again
Yet another failure in my life.

I am only half as fucked up as you!

Hey, someone roll a Jump to talk about, I can't find the big list. Maybe we can start things off on the right foot.

we triple fucked now

Nah, I'm just going to arbitrarily pick one. Breath of the Wild. You do anything interesting there?

Nah, haven't checked it out yet. Is eager around? He'd be great to have for this.

If Gaunlet is around, how is FFT progressing? Really looking forward to it.

Nah mate, peace

>Missed an entire thread
So... Any new jumps?

That's just plain not true anonymous!

How about Dog Days? What Kingdom did you guys join? Did you focus on the defenses? or fighting the enemies?

How /art deco/ is your jumper's sense of aesthetics?

Dear lord, please no. I thought we'd finally gotten rid of you. Why don't you just go back to the discord under a new name?

What is the best jump to start a staring contest?

For the love of god, please die. Just fucking die.

discord Doesn't let you do that actually

>Pokémon
In one of the movies, the villain has a machine that can travel across dimensions, but to do so he has to use Giratina as a battery.
If you take Mechanic and Technician, could you learn how he did so, and maybe apply the same principle to other legendary pokémon?

I just kept making posters of that "big fat cat tats" meme and putting them up everywhere. General Leonmitchel was not amused.

Redwall, go snake.
Snakes have no eyelids, and there is an eye-related hypnotism perk there.

Just get a VPN then.

SCP.

Bancho, with all due respect, just fucking kill yourself.

How do I convince pic related to be happy with what she has?

Might as well drop the pretenses. To the few people care, do you think Tetsuwan Birdy should get a revamp? Anything that you think could be improved in particular?
Why am I even doing this, I don't have any time as is?! It must be my procrastinator blood boiling

I bet your clown mom is kinda hot. Wish I could knock her up so she could get a son that wasn't a complete waste of space.

I think you might be able to eventually get something like that together. Pokemon tech is insane. The thing is that you would probably need a frame of reference or study to build such things so they'll be a lot harder to make after Pokemon. Pokemon's dimensional tech seems to be possibly thanks to the walls between dimensions being a bit fragile. Ultra Beasts randomly falling into Poke-Hawaii, normal ass scientists in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire knowing of other worlds and trying to send an incoming asteroid to one, even in the anime Ash just randomly fucking falls into a parallel world by tripping into a mirror in a cave.

Was that you at ?

Rolled 747 (1d1070)

drive.google.com/file/d/1Gg6fsewkJKMYJ_jjhmkRyLrPaIGN0xOO/view

So...Pocky and Rocky? The fuck is that exactly?

Pay attention to her in a way not limited by the script of the VN? That's really all she wants.

By giving her more freedom, I assume. I don't know her too well but she's essentially having a near permanent existential crisis over being a waifu in a light novel and being stuck in lonely darkness whenever you're not playing, right?

I don't know what Pocky & Rocky is.

>the mirror world X&Y episode
>Wizard Clemont
>Khornate Serena
>Bonnie talks like she's 40
>Ash is a coward
>Pikachu is still a jerk to him, even more so
>Team Rocket are three belts short of being Kamen Riders

Man that episode was a trip.

Nah, I think it's a pretty good jump. Why, what are you unhappy about with it?

>Checks archive
Huh, I guess it was.
Well, this is all kinds of ironic.

...maybe. Birdy is very much a niche anime and Dog Days is by far my most talked about jump
Mainly just the formatting. May also improve the fluff slightly. Could also maybe add some stuff from the manga? but not sure about that last one.
How so?

>Snakes have no eyelids, and there is an eye-related hypnotism perk there.
cool

Kay

..I'm pretty sure thats a comic featuring people made of gummy candy. I have vauge memories from comics made in 80's.

Please reroll.

I got dog days on a roll and didn't expect much of it, but the anime was... better than tolerable.

We were in teams of three in the Squirrel, Cat, and Rabbit kingdoms. We started off as competitors in their 'wars' but it was like having major league ringers in little league games so we were quickly limited to exhibition matches.

This didn't last long though as ancient and powerful demons unleashed themselves upon the world and the three teams competed to make catch more, catch certain ones first, or perform the most spectacular catches.
Of course it was all televised and all the nation prospered from it.

Welcome back man, You were at a con right?

Wizard Clemont was my favorite part. Normal Clemont is a nerdy genius that has an invention for every occasion, but they ultimately fail and blow up. Wizard Clement has a stick, asks it questions by standing it up and watches where it falls to see what the answer is, literally right every single time.

You know the irony of Opposite World though? Shitty coward Ash is probably a multi-league champion.

>Idolmaster
>Miura's Fans Hate You
Is this the most dangerous drawback in the chain? You'll have all of /a/ coming after you.

basically But I'm going to drop the trip unless I'm posting an update or something

Go away.

What could they possibly do to you? Even fresh out of Pokemon, how are they supposed to overpower your team?

>You'll have all of /a/ coming after you.
Oh noooo, how dangerous.

>But I'm going to drop the trip unless I'm posting an update or something
Just drop it now. And stop posting.

Hope you had a good time and I think that would be for the best bancho.

Sorry to see you here B. After your last appearance I held hopes you had gone nameless and were secretly enjoying our fucked up conversations without subjecting yourself to... well to being the local Bancho.

>Tonight on CNN: A Hacker Named Veeky Forums was arrested for attacking a Japanese popstar

user he is dropping his trip, unless he has an update or something

Speaking of Idolmaster, how come there isn't a single perk that makes you actually good at Idol stuff like singing and dancing? There's one that lets you learn dancing faster, but nothing that'd make you have those skills at the start of the jump. How are you supposed to be an Idol if you can't do shit.

Don't just drop the trip, drop off a tall building while you're at it.

It's even worse than that. Most of Veeky Forums likes Berserker, so you'll have to deal with all boards. Better be prepared for /pol/ to call a russian airstrike on you, having Veeky Forums poison your food, and /r9k/ shooting up your school.

I actually opened Testsuwan Birdy for the first time today after the combine perk was mentioned in a previous thread.
(no sarcasm)It didn't look completely stupid like I'd assumed it would.(/no sarcasm)
I've decided to take a look at the IP when I get around to it.

It's one of those games where the singing just kind of...happens if your idol is happy enough, and the really important part is doing social links with them.

So should you just assume that you just kind of have those skills as part of your background?

Every person converted to the greatness of Birdy is a win in my books

How would a Chaos Warband full of 1000 Chosen do in World War 2? Normally a medieval troop would do jack shit in WW2, but this is a Magical medieval troop, so maybe it'll do better?

Optionally, 2 Chaos Sorcerers replacing 100 troops.

>...going to drop the trip unless I'm posting an update or something

Good plan. Start now and stick to it.
Your posts in this thread for instance did not need to be branded.

They would be amazing soviets

>How so?
I decided to finally sit down and make a build for Dog Days, and ran into a problem.
I was going to take Protagonist Who (Yukikaze) because why wouldn’t you when I noticed that having to take God Of The Land would throw my budget off.
Which is ironic since I was the person who suggested it to you in the first place.

No need to drag Ricrod into this.

I guess? That's how all the other girls seem to work.

oh wow. Ironic indeed! ...although I'm not entirely sure what was ironic about me saying Dog Days is probably my most loved jump.

Bancho is a lawyer, user.
Supposedly.

I have never claimed that I have merely stated that I am in the paralegal certificate track of my local community college

What's the template for this?
>What is there to there
>What should a jumper be wary of?
>What does a jumper need to be sure to steal?
That's not the template of course

We try to get someone familiar with the setting to talk about it and explain it to others. If people can talk about how the Jump itself was made or received then that would be great too, but is harder. After that, talking about builds, cool options in the Jump that are noteworthy either for utility, strength or just being rare among Jumps.

So basically

>Setting Breakdown
>Jump Breakdown
>Discussion of fun stuff

So to ask a question of 40k since I do not know the setting, what would happen of you killed a chaos god?

Shenanigans aside Im just wondering. Would you take their place, would everyone connected to them die, would they stay dead or reform, how would you even hurt them?

Basic questions about them I suppose.

>How would a Chaos Warband full of 1000 Chosen do in World War 2?
On the one hand, elite warriors in magic armor wielding magic weapons and most likely with a magic Mark. On the other hand, they're still medieval troops geared for formation fighting in melee against troops and armor designed to render medieval warfare obsolete.

Everything goes to shit, yet again, because it's 40k and grimderp is the name of the game.

Bancho would you mind if I redid ghostbusters?

YJ user already reclaimed it sorry.

So! I've been working on a Jump for SMT 3: Nocturne, and I feel that it's at the level where I'm comfortable sharing it. The parts that need to get done by this point are Locations, Formatting, Drawbacks, and a single perk needs to be created. Of course, a look over is always appreciated. So, here you go:

docs.google.com/document/d/19OPIkAmpSA9-CEHT1oCwPATrB4FJ0RLIh-1TSQvUtPc/edit

>against troops and armor
Note: Armor here refers to Armored Cavalry (ie. Tanks and related.)

I thought DevilSurvivorAnon was doing Nocturne.

I thought Dissy had Nocturn claimed?

No, the irony was in the timing.
In the process I noticed several points and one issue that had escaped my notice before… and also came up with a new perk idea. One that if it were to be added, I would want to buy.

Divel?

Crosspost, not the actual creator posting here.

Actually, if wants to redo it now they can do so. It feels wrong to keep someone else from doing it when I don't plan on touching it for half a year.

ah, gotcha

In that case, does our Warband keep modifications, such as guns and armor and training and stuff we give the troops?

The problem being doesn't have a proven track record.

It depends on whether you have perks or other abilities to nullify the consequences of your killings, but the default in 40K is:

>take their place

No, the Chaos Gods are like the swamp gas of mortals' sweaty naughty feelings. It may be possible to harness their power to become an Emperor-like being depending on how you killled them given it's where he got his powers from in some versions of his lore, but you won't outright take their place

>everyone

It's unclear. It's never happened in canon so nobody's sure, but conventional wisdom holds psychic backlash that powerful would hurt the beings they prey upon through resonance. However, it seems Slaanesh ate the Eldar's souls directly rather than massacring them as a side effect of eating their pantheon, so divine or otherwise really controlled abilities might not have that effect?

>reform

Yes.

>how

Sufficiently vast amounts of supernatural power commensurate with a significant galactic population's psychic output

Or maybe less? The orks' waagh field is incarnated as Gork and Mork, and apparently they're canonically stronger than an individual Chaos God. And the Eldar seem to think Ynnead, who's powered by all the Farseers laid to rest in their circuits of infinity, can beat up Slaanesh after he's born. Despite logically being created from a much smaller pool of souls than Slaanesh. Though their gods Cegorach and Isha can thwart Slaanesh and Nurgle's designs on occasion. I think the Tyranid Hivemind is also powerful enough to resist Chaos, although individual 'nids or even hive fleets too far from the Hivemind can fall.

Alternateively, if you side with the Necrons and build Cadian pylons everywhere you could just starve them of psychic energy. Although big absences of psychic energy tend to agitate most mortal life in 40K.

Counterpoint I don't trust a random anonymous to not just intentionally It up worse out of spite In an attempt to get it removed completely or claim it and Then never do anything with it intentionally despite the thread and make sure that an improved Version is never created..

Perks for getting experience for killing things or doing stuff?

Also any uncappers you guys know of please.

Im starting at ainz level, I did not take the ring of spell spamming but I took ainz tier ibtellect to become super good at planning. I would like to level up slowly by manipulating events or killing large and powerful enemies or just doing all kinds of stuff till I can go from a person pretending to be a god of death and magic to actually being a god of death and magic capable of harming high end jumper enemies like the endbringers or possibly a chaos god. I Dont want to just jump dynnfreaks and attain unlimited godhood works please. Thanks in advance!

If they're a Companion, definitely. If they're merely a Follower? Unclear.

Why konekomimis are so ideal ??

Yeah. To cap it all off, here I was wondering how you’d feel if I asked about the possibility of an update to Dog Days, and then you pop up and ask the thread about updating a different jump.

expressive ears.

Ok, so. How would you guys like to see races done in GL comics jump? I was thinking that races with non significant biological advantages should be free, races with significant biological advantages should be like 2 or 3 hundred, Guardians should be like ~500. I was debating on whether or not to include them but Daxamite/Kryptonian if they are included would have to be higher than that. What do you anons think?

Besides MCU are there any way to become your own son?

twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/968576621220331520

Because their ears and tails are made of love and happiness
I have no plans to update it, but you should say what you where thinking of, it might have merit.

No option to be a Groot in that though... which is sad.

Sounds good, and about right. Going to say yes to Daxamites because a quick wiki scroll says they're a thing in the GL comics, but...no idea how relavent Kryptonians are so no vote on that.

There's one in Phantasy Star Online, but the experience needed to get returns on it starts getting into ridonkulous territory before too long. Like, I'm pretty sure you need like thousands and thousands of XP to level up towards the end, while getting 6XP from an endgame monster is considered a good haul, sorta deal.
At least, I remember the jump author saying something to that effect.

There's also at least a few "do things, get XP" perks in The Gamer, though what those things are and what you can spend XP on varies according to which perk you take, so you'll definitely want to look through the jump and see which one is most appealing to what you want to do.

I can't remember any others offhand.

Well, can't we see if they're serious, then? If they don't have anything to show for it by the time November rolls around, I think it'd be safe to assume that it's okay for me to work on it.

But I guess since it's Bancho's Jump he gets the final say on who replaces it.