What are your character's family relationships like?

what are your character's family relationships like?

orphan

He dislikes most of his immediate family. He only cares about his little brother(female).

Complicated. He loved his parents dearly, but their restrictive nature meant that he was secretly waiting for them to die so he could finally do what he wanted in life without disappointing them.

Pretty good, his extended family tolerates him but that's just how most dwarves are.

>Iliira, drow thief, Hoard of the Dragon Queen/Rise of Tiamat
Biological mother died giving birth to her; biological father is most likely dead but in any event is totally irrelevant. Her human adoptive parent, an innkeeper, is alive and doing well (except for having a bad leg from a fishing accident). The two are close, especially since my thief has retired and returned to her home village to help her father with the inn.

Iliira wishes that she had known her real mom and dad, but she didn't, so she can't really miss what she never had. Her childhood contains at most 5% angst, and 0% edge.

>Sofya Oronova, Dhampir cleric, Curse of Strahd
Born from the "pregnant woman fed on by vampire" route, not the direct half-vampire route. Mother and father (and siblings) are all dead; they were servants to her vampire master that he eventually killed. She's sworn vengeance and wants to slay all vampires.

Sofya is, as a contrast to Iliira, MAXIMUM EDGE.

>Talas, yuan-ti pureblood bard, Tomb of Annihilation
Father was eaten by a monster when she was young (haven't decided what yet). Mother is alive and a leader within a yuan-ti city, at least among the purebloods. Having said that, there is no love, as yuan-ti do not feel love...usually. Talas does feel pangs of emotion every now and then, but none of it is for her parents.

I'm going to try and strike a balance between 0% edge and MAXIMUM EDGE for Talas.

Biological family dead of old age.
Overprotective/co-dependent towards adoptive little sister.

Is "sexy" a legitimate answer?

I can elaborate.

this is not fetish time, /d/egenerate

My L5R character has the disadvantage 'Bitter Betrothal'. He's a magic obsessed shugenja, and his bushi trained warrior wife absolutely adores him but gets all pouty because he pushes her away to pursue magic and honor by doing his job, and takes any excuse to not visit her.

Where do you think we are?

They don't much like the fact that he kills people so he just kind of agreed to stay away, but they still send packages back and forth every now and then.

OP asked. Don't come into the thread if you don't want to hear the answers.

He had a great relationship with his parents when he was a guardsman. Now that he's a bounty hunter it's more like "we still love even if we think you're living your life wrong". It's somewhat of a strained relationship, but for the right reasons.

His brother is a sailor and can be away for the better part of a year sometimes, so he tries to make an effort to see him when he can.

i was surprised how it only took 4 episodes for him to bone her

thankfully not as fucked as OP's pic related

>I know that hair color
>I know that smile
Dammit user, why you got to post Best Mom?

My Genasi loves his mom but his deadbeat elemental dad wasnt around to raise him or pay gold support

Biological family? Nonexistent. She was kidnapped as baby to be raised as a librarian in an extradimensional library by a knowledge obsessed far.

As for her fellow librarians, they're a tight knit lot, and worry about her a lot while she's off writing her thesis (and adventuring in the process). She sends letters home every couple of days.

*fae. Damn phoneposting

>may i have some semen, daikichi

cliche because of how easy it is to write, literally removes 2 of the most important characters from any characters backstory, also adds to edginess. 0/10

She has a strong bond with her adoptive father, a dwarf who was a close friend to her biological parents. They are both quite stoic but the two are close. Her real parents have been non-existent. Recent developments have made their lack of presence easier to understand. She is out to get answers while finding her place in the world.

Could you please delete this?

>Alchemist
Very poor. She is patricidal and has almost accomplished her goal. Her sister and her love each other very much.

>Ranger
Born to a demanding mother with high expectations of him in the magical arts that he wasn't prepared to meet. It took some time but they have reconciled, especially after his sister was born and showed talent in most of the areas he was expected to. Gets along well enough with his sibling but they start to fight if they're in the same room for too long.

>Cleric
No family left alive save for distant relatives she's never met. Deep down is quite resentful of her brother and father for coping with alcohol and eventually going out into monster country to get killed. Idolizes her late grandma.

>Monk
Was raised communally. Circumstances of his birth marked him as a pariah by his community and so was always kept at arms length by nearly everyone. His wife was the exact opposite but was mostly isolated with the priestly caste as a result. They fell in love over their similar circumstances and eloped. They're a wholesome couple but are very weird as a result of their upbringing.

This is for a pathfinder wizard
Loves his parents though they don't approve of the adventuring lifestyle, more so out of worry though.
Looks up to his brother and hopes to be more like him one day, as he is a professor at a wizard school
Rivalry with his sister as they've always been near equal in skill level (he also slept with her best friend)

Dad is proud of him following in his footsteps. Mom is constantly worried about him hunting monsters. Big brother a mix of proud and jealous, since he has to stay at the village as their guard captain while his little brother goes on adventures. 3 big sisters a bit surprised their baby brother turned into a veteran monster slayer.

He has a niece and two nephews, to which he is the "cool uncle"

Honestly I don't fucking know anymore.

>Dad is a retarded illuminati who fucked a death God
>step mom is an ex empress of a different country who's trying to sacrifice me to afforementioned death God (who's my real mom)
>sister is sleeping with a dragon trying to Jew us out of everything
>brother (another PC) is a retarded military dictator
>grandpa is trying to rope me into killing my brother
>my arranged wife is head of an assassin cult bent on killing my brother but at behest of a different party
There's also something about a family specific magical disease that didn't manifest for several generations but is going to kill me and only me.

I didn't even come up with any of this...

Kinda fucked, but it could be worse.

She mostly distanced herself from them due to her own sense of inadequacy rather than anything they did, since she's the only one who can't sword in a family of people who sword really good. Her dad wishes she would write/visit more often because he worries about her, and she has a lot of trouble telling the difference between genuine concern and pity, which just drives her further away. He doesn't know this is happening, and even if he did he's not equipped to deal with it, and his wife is, if anything, even more clueless when it comes to emotional issues than he is. He was very much the primary carer of her two parents. Her mother is very nearly unapproachable, in her eyes both from a martial point of view and an emotional one. She's less a role model and more an unattainable peak who she can never measure up to.

Her siblings don't know how to deal with her, and so most of their interactions become fairly awkward. They have zero interest in the things that she is interested in, and while she intently studies weapons and swordplay despite being unable to participate, it's not something she can talk about with them due to her issues.

All in all, she does feel familial love towards her siblings and her parents, but she can't bring herself to really make a connection because in her mind, she paints any positive interaction with them as them looking down on her for being weak. There is a small element of truth to that, of course, but her neurosis blows it out of proportion.

The exception to the above being her immediate elder brother, of whom the mere mention is enough to send her into a panic attack because of the childhood accident that lost her an arm, which is also the reason she regards herself as weak. He feels terrible about it and the guilt has worn him down over the years, but he can't apologise or get any closure because she'll start screaming and clawing the walls if he's even in the same room as her.

Killed his adoptive father. The big bad gubment brainwashed him and forced him to attack my character
Probably the closest thing I'll ever get to actual RP I'm bad at this

>ranger
Sees his parents as respectable standards to strive for, despite his father's nigh-constant disapproval with his level of skill and lack of druidness. Mostly due to his grandfather smugly calling him out on the hypocrisy at every turn, which is why he considers him as his real role model of the family.
>wizard
Had a comfy status quo between herself and her father before he died in an attack, so she threw herself into necromancy in an attempt to find a way to bring him back to life and have the life they both missed out on. Never knew her mother and never bothered to question it between childhood and research though I plan for her to have been part of the apathetic criminal organization before she died, with a bunch of political bullshit and legal jargon being the reason her husband's home was repo'd in the wake of his death and she was tossed into the streets.
Elaborate, because I want to spite that other user.
>I'm not a crazed swordsman, dad. I'm an assassin.

it bears asking - what the fuck kind of game are you playing in?

A long-running now epic-level game. A bunch of shit happened and even before then, the guy playing my character's brother went to great lengths to flesh out our family.

The rest of the weird shit just sort of happened. Almost 7 years and we're level 28.

I'm still just a guy with a bow...

This, if I wanted to do family bullshit I wouldn't be playing a game.

can't be edgy if he doesn't know how he orphaned

being a cleric, it explains why he works for the church (they raised him)

was raised by a guy who then married me