How would you justify 100% covering armor in a fantasy setting without making it sound creepy?

How would you justify 100% covering armor in a fantasy setting without making it sound creepy?

Other urls found in this thread:

artstation.com/aurel
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There is no place in my body which I wish penetrated....especially by an arrow

It's late medieval/early renaissance.

It's Warframe with magic.

I mean, given that regular ol' plate armor *is* 100% covering I'm gonna follow in assuming you want something Warframe-esque.

Make it a golem that you happen to wear, perhaps?

>Make it a golem that you happen to wear, perhaps?

Would the person be moving around or would the golem?

That's basically just power armor at that point, but interdicting magical power armor is a great way to level the playing field at high levels if the system favors casters at higher level play.

But what if the golem walks away? I mean if it's a "golem" then it's animated, that's the whole point.

What's creepy about 100% covering armor in the first place?
Because I can't even think of 1 reason
No issue thread

In warframe the operators' psychic connection overrides anything the golem can do. There are item descriptions that say the warframes can act on their own, but I'm not sure if anything like that is in the game story proper.

because of zentai user

this isn't some great mystery

I guess it's just to echo the "How would justify plate bikini" and such threads.

Nobody "wears" anything in Warframe. We're talking about physically riding around inside a golem shaped armor.

And? My point still stands: just have a way to override the golem's will.
Maybe a better example is titanfall, where the mechs are autonomous but when give control to the pilot when ridden.

I guess at that point it's a question of why even have the "pilot" inside at all if you can just send your golem to clear out the dungeon while you wait safely outside

This. It should just be magical armor.

Because golem are simple things and can't account for situations. Having someone inside it, controlling it, means using the golem power combined with a rational mind that can think in any situation.

Plus it's cool.

Better idea would be remote control.

Sure, but that's not cool or fun. What's cool and fun is running through a dungeon wearing a golem as armor and beating monsters to death with your hands and installed magic weapons.

Kamen Rider Golem

I'd accept it if the golem was relatively skintight

Both. It's magic.

is right in that it's basically magic power armor, but it gets extra points for just being a logical extension of something that already exists in fantasy settings. You could make it out of iron or clay or glass or cloth or whatever you want.

Of course, the magical runes inscribed within the golem would allow it to mold slightly, keeping it's shape and design, but forming closer to the wearer's frame, for ease of movement.

>Construct different Golem suits of different materials
>Equip them all with some teleportation device to each one
>Summon the suits on the fly to swap out for the situation.
>Now a literal Kamen Rider.

Side note if you like capeshit, the DC character Ragman is basically this concept exactly. He's a Jewish dude who essentially wears a magic cloth golem as his super suit.

I created the setting I and my group are playing in, I don't have to justify anything and I don't care if it sounds creepy, what I decided about any given subject with regard to the lore is final and absolute, if you don't like it, don't play.

If I'm going to do 100% of the work and do all the everything else myself, whatever I decide is what happened.

Would it show off the wearer's BUTT?

A-asking for a friend

stealing this

So just Warframe?

>If I'm going to do 100% of the work and do all the everything else myself, whatever I decide is what happened.
That's not really a great way of looking at things. Building something with your players is the whole point. If you could do it without them, you'd be writing a book.

>the party starts out as a normal group
>they get noticed by some artificer for whatever reason
>each one gets a summonable armor/suit
>later on they each get a kaiju sized golem mecha
>endgame is fighting the goddess of evil who keeps sending giant monsters to destroy the campaign world

Don't you Flamenco this campaign goddammit

Duh

How about this idea. Along with Golem armor.

Golem weapons.

As long as the weapons don't talk back and are voiced by someone like Gillbert Gottfried.

>golem armor gives everyone a slightly idealized figure
>better pecs, better tits, better butts for everyone

Stop, my suit can only make me so erect.

>The halfling party member becomes the tallest, as more than half his suit is stilts.

>it's actually two halflings inside the suit, one on the other's shoulders

>party meet statuesque female sexy warrior
>she gets out of her armor and is actually way past 40 grizzled combat grandma

You could use the Malekith answer: it's magical life support.

Is that sci-fi Artorias?

>They are actually a married couple and work together to pilot this single suit.

No, he's a space mummy, but "sci-fi Artorias" can describe half of the Warframe characters if you give them a big sword.

So magical semi-animated armor that enhances physical stats and can work indepedently if needed. Tailored to work for wearers of different "classes" (or professions/combat styles). A caster armor would enhance concentration and mental resources, a rogue one would grant enhanced dexterity and swiftness, probably wall-climbing and such. Armor sticks close to the body and is comfortable to wear.

What else would the properties of this setting be?

>the armor has been handed down between halflings for a long time
>outsiders are generally unaware

I don't get what this armor is supposed to even be.

>What else would the properties of this setting be?
Generic fantasy but going all out with respect to enemies. When your PC group is basically fantasy Iron Man, Master Chief, Kamen Rider, et cetera, you can drop stuff like fighting a dozen goblins and tangle with giants and dragons instead.

Also, it might be neat to divide the classes based on golem materials. Metal golem suits are for fighters, glass ones are for casters, cloth ones are for rogues.

The wearer isn't humanoid, but is trying to twist itself into that shape because it's gods and creators were.

>My lord, the goblins have reverse engineered our technology!

>Metal golem suits are for fighters, glass ones are for casters, cloth ones are for rogues.

This sounds interesting, but how would the non-metal, non-leather materials work and look? I have trouble visualizing an armor made from actual glass.

This is your party

>I have trouble visualizing an armor made from actual glass.
Besides the Elder Scrolls sort, you mean? You could go for a stained glass look- though perhaps that's better suited for a cleric instead?

Cloth is easy, big flowing edgelord capes and hoods for rogues plus you can use strips of cloth to get around Spider-Man style.

(Also there's a glass-themed Warframe, it's kind of a hard franchise to get away from in a discussion like this.)

>holy vestments
>stained glass golem armor
be still my heart

I like the idea of a stained-glass armor a lot, but it depends on if it's a combat-type cleric like in D&D or a cloth-wearing healbot (ala WoW) I think.

>Cloth is easy, big flowing edgelord capes and hoods for rogues plus you can use strips of cloth to get around Spider-Man style.

Or maybe mummy-style? That would be kinda cool, wrappings everywhere, a cloak and a mask.

I am gay

I was picturing something like but yeah, that could work well too. Or a poofy Middle Eastern look.

Interesting bump strategy.

I think he is talking about latex thing.

But the whole point of latex is to be clothed, but at the same time not be clothed since the close become just like some body point

Well, I'm thinking like a Rider fused with a wizard. bandages all over, big dramatic cloak some kind of face mask.

I think the rogue/agility dps class armor should be something like that. Super skintight but with embellishments and clothes on top so they don't look naked.

Anyone still alive?

Warframe has a few nice aesthetic themes that I wish they'd adhere to more closely
Latex spacesuit fetishism is not one of them

That armor goes way too far. Keep your magical realm out of my game.

What?

Wearing armor over that much of your body is simply impractical fetishism. There isn't even any skin showing.

Did a few second of research, the dude himself is completely unrelated to Arty, but the art is clearly referencing him.
Which is funny, because that combination of one dead arm+sword slung over shoulder is taken directly from Berserk. So that pic is a reference to a reference.

Okay, that was what OP mentioned.

He's a robot tho.

Not robot, power armor.

>Not wearing literally full body magic armor to protect you from fucking fire and ice magic and any other bullshit

Does anyone have any other cool ideas for "class" styled armors? Following on the golem/magic idea from earlier?

I kind of want to say Paladins would have something much more ornate than warriors, but not go full space marine.

I like the idea of priest/clerics incorporating stained glass windows and maybe some holy symbols into their armor.

Any distinguishing aspects to the various cloth and leather types, between different careers?

>fighter gets too much sugar and gets fat
>stretches out her armor

It's an alternate history where alchemists weren't suppressed by the Church and you've got widespread chemical weapons use in the early Renaissance era.

I love this dude's warframe art.

It is nice.

>This sounds interesting, but how would the non-metal, non-leather materials work and look? I have trouble visualizing an armor made from actual glass.

perhaps not glass then but closer to a precious metals/crystals deal for casters that are wearable mana generators/amplifiers.

for rogues a high mobility/concealment deal so that'll be bodysuit with straps to carry tools/latch on to things and studs for grip.

>perhaps not glass then but closer to a precious metals/crystals deal for casters that are wearable mana generators/amplifiers.

Fun fact- Warframe Excalibur's design existed long before Artorias ever did. At least, Dark Sector was released 3 years before Dark Souls.

When your ass is as burned as Malekith, you have to cover it all.

So make it a mecha anime?

I thought the warframes were all robots anyway/

They are now meat golems being remote driven by 14 year old goths.

>perhaps not glass then but closer to a precious metals/crystals deal for casters that are wearable mana generators/amplifiers.

That would totally work and potentially look really cool.

The armor is actually a symbiotic being you "grow" on top of yourself, making it a set of hardened, almost skintight set. Some people may choose to wear either padding or some sort of decoration during the growing process to give the armor different, decorational shapes and/or patterns.

Wouldn't something that covers every inch of your body be very uncomfortable and hard to move in?

>space mummy
And I thought after space dogs and psychic children in cans this setting can't go any lower.

Higher res and source, since I went to look for it for my own pleasure.

artstation.com/aurel
Would probably be useful if i actually remembered to paste the link..

Unfortunately her faction are all cunts.