Days after streaks of fire appear on the nearest planet in your setting...

Days after streaks of fire appear on the nearest planet in your setting, a multitude of large metal cylinders make landfall from the sky.

What happens next?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-iAlhuK3cgk&list=PLcQdaW4OISs1ZrHPUeerzNv1AR7cCeYrX
youtube.com/watch?v=mrMfrUjk7Zc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

PCs emerge and begin the campaign

it depends.

!notGermanics probably invade and try to destroy them because they hate civilisation.

!notNormans try to use it's technology, maybe create peace

everyone else either destroys it, or kills the ayys and uses the technology

fpbp

i used to listen to this all the time as a kid

Martian tripods dropping into a Wuxia setting is likely to end in some crazy awesome ways.

Also, THREAD THEME

youtube.com/watch?v=-iAlhuK3cgk&list=PLcQdaW4OISs1ZrHPUeerzNv1AR7cCeYrX

not available in my country, so here's another link
youtube.com/watch?v=mrMfrUjk7Zc

The aliens get fucking bodied. If 19th century tech could stand a chance, then they've got nothing on a planet full of FUCKING WIZARDS.

I thought the Thunderchild was supposed to be a dinky little torpedo rammer, not a pre-dreadnought battleship.

Jeff Wayne fucked that up, as well as portraying the tripods as janky mechanical walkers instead of psuedoorganic, betentacled nightmare fuel, but it does have a little charm all its own.

The British Army got violently raped by the tripods, perhaps killing a grand total of around 3 from the Thunder Child and artillery fire.
What killed the Martians was bacteria (since they had annihilated disease on Mars and for some reason didn't even consider Earth might have any).

They're certainly on the worse end of it, but we see at least three tripods die in the eyes of the narrator of the book, so presumably more are killed elsewhere offscreen, but yeah. The Martians aren't completely without casualties, but between the heatrays and the black smoke, it's less a war and more of a massacre.

>I thought the Thunderchild was supposed to be a dinky little torpedo rammer, not a pre-dreadnought battleship.

It is. It's name is even a literary pun on an actual warship whose description Wells borrowed for the book, HMS Polyphemus.

Wayne's illustrators wasn't the first to fuck this up. They just made the same mistake people have been making for over a century now. Thunderchild has been incorrectly portrayed as a predred almost from the book's initial publication.

>Wth just a handful of men, we'll start all over again

I'm pretty sure that's not going to work biologically, Mr. Artilleryman

Loftwyr swooces in to save the day.

THUH CODEX ASTARTES CALLS THIS MANEAUVER STEHL REHN!

~~Ooohh Lord~~~

Also Thunderchild is the best name.

It's 'ULLA!' you utter pleb.

Oh shit you are right. In my defence I say the "Oh Lord" makes more sense in context of The Spirit of The Man.

My character tries to find a way to integrate a heat ray into his magitech robot body, after bludgeoning a couple of Martians to death for their fighting machines.

If he somehow can pull this off, the slightly less advanced robot wizard will follow suit and the invasion is fucked. They won't even have time to get sick.

TRIPOD FIGHT!

>In my defence

There is no defense or excuse for your idiocy.

On the other hand, you saw a few troops of horse artillery (light guns) and a torpedo ram take out three.

We're Police of a well colonised Mars.

So Earth just invaded Mars I guess.