youtube.com/watch?v=75hQwSJFuXg
youtube.com/watch?v=FJeBHiDOTPE
youtube.com/watch?v=Eh51m6glEHo
youtube.com/watch?v=171skzi5BKc
youtube.com/watch?v=ntzMjAr43LU
youtube.com/watch?v=6XWz62KRFkI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Make sure to give a brief explanation
That defeats the entire purpose of these threads.

youtu.be/fXTn2gSG7es
1970's magical FBI taskforce. Usually ends with non-lethal victory and the party brawn throws the arrested enemies into the back of their paddywagon.

Game set in a gothic transitional period featuring an unknown threat dwelling deep in the wild places and frontiers that's growing. The rural folk are scared, and the flight to the urban areas has begun. And as the cities fill up with refugees, the lack of farmers is causing a food crisis, making noplace safe...

youtube.com/watch?v=r2bL7DU21Wg

youtube.com/watch?v=uqcTVVUFnKQ

Game is Black Crusade. We literally turned the lyrics of this song into poem about ascending to become a daemon prince.

>magical FBI taskforce
This sounds fucking sweet, not gonna lie.

youtube.com/watch?v=whxcq4I0kAo
Ork Freeboota game using the Rogue Trader system.

youtube.com/watch?v=gzDqCcTeSmY

Deadlands campaign.

youtube.com/watch?v=0obzUT5r7GQ

it's involves super powers and late 1800's economics in the future

It's actually pretty normal i swear

>youtube.com/watch?v=TVY8LoM47xI

the party is a bunch of privateers on the high seas. They're hands down some of the best roleplayers I've ever met. They're actually taking things seriously and forming solid bonds with other crews and npcs

youtube.com/watch?v=tIdIqbv7SPo

Game's about a bunch of sinners descending into hell. I'll give a cookie to anyone who can guess why I chose this particular song for this particular theme.

youtube.com/watch?v=czEjLM9b6VM

my campaigns have a really weird grimdark but not vibe. The dark is never as dark as i think it is, and the happy moments are always bittersweet. I think it developed from my crippling fear of being an edgelord, but at the same time I don't actually know how to be unconditionally happy

My players tell me my games hurt to play, I'm not sure why the come back.

>youtube.com/watch?v=Ijk4j-r7qPA

the party acts as assassination bait, so they can lure their competition into a trap.

when they realized they could just cut out the middleman by just looting the dead assassin's accounts... well they haven't killed a non assassin in months

I used this song for my airship game! Been going strong for 2 years, and I couldn't be happier. An NPC member of their crew has taken on the role of the narrator in the terms of this song. The original captain is dead, along with much of the original crew. Good luck on those high seas brother!

I don't know if this counts as anime, but this is the music I play as the opening of the above game. youtube.com/watch?v=SZNbabKjKpA It's the only music that is blatantly modern/ anachronistic, but I just can't help but enjoy it.

Is this a reference to Hades and persephone?

Nope! Think less greek pagan and more italian judeo-christian.

Then I fear I am going to have to relinquish my cookie claims.

airships are badass, I really need to get my art deco zeppelin detective game back and running

think sky captain and the world of tomorrow, but not shit

m.youtube.com/watch?v=x-xpMRCnJRE

gritty low fantasy setting based on 1700s or so Central Europe, with an emphasis on lovecraftian cosmological horror opposed to "gothic"

I am going more "Skies of Arcadia". Flying islands everywhere with nothing but the abyss below.

good shit my dude, good shit

>youtube.com/watch?v=TD3Bxhchck4

A Jojo game, in which a motley crew got hired to check out the local superpowered landscape. As of last session they're in the middle of a duel to the death with a tyrannical social-darwinist gang leader and her Gore Magala made of concrete and plumbing inside a football stadium with a handheld railgun and teleporting concussion grenades.

God damn do I love running it.

tell the full story right now you son of a bitch

We're playing a skyship pirates game
youtube.com/watch?v=C-RPzAbW7No
Gygax-Must-Die mode: Won

Lotta ship based rp here

hmmm

You know what, sure. Here's our first session.

>Game is set in not!San Francisco in an alternate timeline, where it was settled due to pillar man shenanigans way back in the day.
>Used to be a pretty regular place (save for the occasional missing person from the pillar men, or the fish vampires but we'll talk about them later.) Steven Steel settled down here in this timeline, started up a college that hosts a Steel Ball Run relay race through the city annually.
>Then, in the 80's a serial killer and his stand [Mindless Self Indulgence] showed up and caused a bloodbath over a few months, ending in him shattering a stand arrow into the city's water supply, which killed thousands and caused a whole lot of stands.
>City got pretty fucked up, eventually reorganized itself loosely around stand-powered gangs, who formed a confederation of gangs called the Suitehearts.
>A few months after Stone Ocean happened the Speedwagon Foundation finally gets an agent into the city. in this timeline Pucci didn't get to fire off Made In Heaven due to Stone Free webbing him up and got punched into the ocean by Jolyne.
>They want information on the local stand-user/hamon user/bizzare landscape, tell their agent to hire some locals to help him gather the info.
>He hires a stuntwoman, a businessman, a history professor, and a private eye to help out. They meet up downtown and while he's explaining the job to them, a homeless man runs through the room and jumps out the window, followed by a college student.
>Dude stole his wallet. Being the big hero that she is, the stuntwoman leaps out the window after him, only to find out the homeless guy has a stand when he leaps fifteen feet in the air over a fence.
>She activates her stand, [Climax-Action] and in true kamen rider henshin style poses dramatically, then runs after him and slams his face into the pavement after a quick fight.

Cont.

>Everyone catches up, only to find the guy has dozens of wallets on him, all belonging to college students.
>After interrogating (read: breaking fingers until he talked) they find out he's being paid to steal these wallets and give the IDs to his benefactor.
>Mentions that they might be affilliated with one of the four Suiteheart gangs yeah they're card suites fuckin sue me
>SWF agent figures hey, this is as good a place to start as any. Also asks if the college student wants to join up, since he figures if something happening at the college getting a man on the inside would be good.
>They all split up, to meet back up again tomorrow after the P.I. takes this guy to the police station.
>As they're leaving, the College student stares at where the stand fight was happening, and his shadow splits in two for a moment. He has a stand, but it's dormant because of how he got it (accidentally shotgunning a stand meteorite while hiking)

And that was our first session. Anyone want to hear about some other adventures of them? I've got:
>The time they ran into one of the Suiteheart's leaders by accident and cut a building in half.
>The time they got in a John Woo barfight with Scanty and Kneesocks.
>The time they bought guns from a fox.
>Why they're in a duel with Concrete Gore Magala.
>The time they rescued a yandere and a severed hand from a millionaire's mansion.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM
Was told by my brother the party that would be joining the campaing *I'm the DM that just joined the playing group not two weeks ago* Was goody two shoes, who are always looking to do the right thing.

Well, based on that, I made a quest line based on conversing with an old woman in a run down house in a largely abandoned town
>Party arrives at town
>Bandit player goes over to the house
"A wooden door with hinges rotten off, it looks like it could be blown apart by the merest tou."
>Bandit kicks the door in
>NAT20
>Door splinters into a million pieces, impales the old woman sitting in the middle of the room
"But.... Why....?"
>Never again

Honestly? From my current character's perspective:
youtube.com/watch?v=1vrEljMfXYo

He's a nobles bastard from a dukedom which is basically the deepest darkest forest you could imagine. Fae are just a fact of life in that shit and an owlbear is probably gonna eat you. Now he's wrapped up in some weird warlock noble shit in other lands. Shit got so complicated and he kinda just wants to go home and kill orcs in the woods.

youtube.com/watch?v=5mwEemWkZFo

Megaman X - inspired campaign. Maverick hunter Reploids track down and kill their former kin for humanity's sake, knowing that their fate is likely death or living long enough to go Maverick.

youtube.com/watch?v=2v74oV4qXRI

Playing 16 year olds mistakenly recruited by Elm to be Pokemon Professors field assistants (So basically low level FBI agents). We have already taken part in one black ops raid. Elm is a mad man.

God, is there any song comfier than Take Me Home?

youtube.com/watch?v=x0WQOGVLLGw
I guess we all knew this was coming

good on you, user!

Easy:
youtu.be/QOQytZqe2SQ

>Shadowrun
youtube.com/watch?v=QP-UwvGclDI
Alt Timeline shenanigans with Dunkelzahn on support.

>Mixed systems
youtube.com/watch?v=SW_Yvfv_Y0k
Japan has a new, tyrannical despot of an emperor.

>JJBT
youtube.com/watch?v=eP05iSzpz94
Castlevania.

>Exalted
youtube.com/watch?v=V2n9vy2GE3Y
Magitek trains run by artificial exalted.

Did any of these reach Gygax-must-die tier?

heavily inspired by x files and procedural cop shows. I try to keep each session a self-contained 'episode' so we can add or drop player s as needed.

More of the setting theme than the current game, but still applies.
youtube.com/watch?v=SzX2t4iHO38

Precursor species ruin diving quest.

youtube.com/watch?v=KGs7qOhXVgM
steampunk wild west

youtube.com/watch?v=JTEFKFiXSx4
No explanation needed

Superhero game with multiple endings
>Party decides to take on the shady superhero pmc youtube.com/watch?v=KfwteoZCvoY
>Party goes after the avatar of an eldritch god youtube.com/watch?v=75hQwSJFuXg
>Party goes after the cartoonish villain that can never stay arrested for long due to his team of lawyers youtube.com/watch?v=FJeBHiDOTPE
>Party goes after the rogue greek god who has become a mafia godfather youtube.com/watch?v=Eh51m6glEHo

youtube.com/watch?v=171skzi5BKc
the parties cleric has snapped after prolonged exposure to chaotic neutrality and has decided to kick start judgement day.

youtube.com/watch?v=ntzMjAr43LU

It's a vidya refference
youtube.com/watch?v=6XWz62KRFkI