/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
theonyxpath.com/now-available-changing-ways-in-print-canis-minor-and-more/
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/deluxe-wraith-the-oblivion-20th-anniversary-editio/posts/2110993
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/three-reasons-to-try-the-trinity-continuum-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
How vulnerable is Technocracy to spiritual threats?
>New Geist preview
theonyxpath.com/grave-goods-and-buried-treasures-geist-the-sin-eaters/
>New Deviant preview
theonyxpath.com/variations-on-a-theme/
>General Creation Kit
mega.nz/#F!FWJgBTbb!f7d5rARWHYzuI8-8aI-Bxw

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!cSRAhRSb!_w_CXRj14pgt8C9nP6ursw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Thanks again, user!

What's the better realm for vampires?

Low Umbra or the following:

Having in mind there are bonus points for vampires because Thaumaturgy is considered a mental Discipline other than Obfuscate, Auspex, Presence, Dominate etc... and that Mind (in M20) is particularly shit overall & even weaker against night-folk;

Hunter

Nice catch.

Then the question is, how do they feed there?

Ironically, in the nwod game I'm working on, vampires are focusing heavily on astral and ghostly twilight channels (though those aren't really the same).

>Then the question is, how do they feed there?
They could take over a natural node in the realm (they can feed from tass through a Thaumaturgical rituals)

>Most of its activity is spiritual though. Something Technocracy is not very adept to deal with.
Does this mean that most Technocracts (with exception of perhaps Void Engineers) are vulnerable to Theurges/Dreamspeakers that can outright attack through/pull them into the Umbra?

Low Umbra is more thematic.

More generally, if emanations have Vitae, maybe Wolfhome.

Reused image
crap thread

Yes.

VE really are the most essential Convention.

Why does permanent paradox happen in places like Technocracy realms if you're making a cyborg and it's not against the local paradigm?

Interesting.

Do Seers gather in numbers at mundane locations like mansions or only in hidden pocket dimensions?

They fight that shit with cash cash monie monie.
>This well houses a powerful water spirit
>Eminent domain the well on the basics of water right
>Buy well
>Seal the well with concrete for public safety

No well no water spirit. and then they just hide in their literal cash havens. Prime is a hell of a sphere

Who wants to go party in a pocket dimension when you hold orgies with cocaine hookers on washington's head on Rushmore?

>So is Yiddish God, his creations a an a dozen other knockoff superstitions accidentally produced by shitstrom that was Dark Ages Consensus. So what? A single senile Archmage that'd decided that the sky should raspberry is more of a treat than all of them together were.

awakened mages (and everything else) are nothing even against the made-believe god celestine (which isn't the real deal, just a figment of belief) and incarna-level angels

spirit supremacy

damnit

Even that example showcases how helpless the Technocracy are against spirits... except harmless, nonviolent ones that passively let themselves get destroyed.

Of course its exactly like the Technocracy to annihilate every benign supernatural that they run into, only to get curbstomped by the first malign spirit that shows up.

What if the True Brujah was the one attacking the gate?

So wait, do they let just anyone in who shows up...?

WHy are werewolves so weak compared to vampires and mages in WoD

If we're talking owod, weres are crazy good, and their shit is very inexpensive. I favor ragabashes and theurges, both for low rage and insanely strong gifts.

They're already naturally good fighters, but people don't expect them to have what comes off as wizard powers.

Rank 5 is when they essentially do whatever they want forever.

it was bait and you took it user.

Yeah, but why are top-tier weres so weak compared to top-tier planet raping vampires and top-tier universe dumping mages. Gifts don't even go above six dots. They were really left out and it bugs me.

omages shit on everyone.

even oweres and ovamps but maybe not odemon.

Somebody needs to make a rote for that meteor spell the magefag was talking about

A top tier pack of werwolves can't even beat a base chargen Pentex First Team.

speaks nothing for if a theurge or dreamspeaker was actively hunting technocracts; they couldn't even countermagick being forcefully dragged into the umbra because of the of lack Dimensional Science

their only hope is Void Engineers, a small part of Technocracy, but even these are extremely prejudiced against by Technocracts, seen as outsiders and are nowhere nearly as intolerant to reality deviants as the rest; not to mention the Penumbra and deeper Middle Umbra realms is naturally hostile to them; not only do they need to rely on instruments that can be thwarted, in most Middle Umbra realms all Technomagick is vulgar

Outsource that shit work to Pentex. Let those fuckers take a spirit to face lose their strike teams. fuck that noise our personal are too valuable

Most pregenned NPCs are pretty weak, yeah. Of the printed Order of Hermes NPCs, only archmages have Prime 3 (a requirement for most OoH rotes).

You do know technocracy constructs are cooperative and have dimensions science protection as well as a gauntlet rating of at least nine right?

>A top tier pack of werwolves can't even beat a base chargen Pentex First Team.
yeah? make a case for them, what would make these chargen Pentex First Team so powerful?

The chargen rules are just better stat wise than anything a werewolf can pull off and they can give up Autonomy to get more powers on the fly as the situation calls for. Including werewolf gifts.

Prime kills spirits. Syndcates flashs a fat wad of cash and those fagie spirits get down on their knees like the cum puppies they are

Yeah but it's just rank 1/2 werewolf gifts; and you said a top tier pack of werewolves, these high level gifts have; name the powers the First Team has avaliable that they can use so not even a top tier pack of werewolves would be able to beat them

Isn't it obvious? The niche of werewolves, in both owod and nwod, is a high base power level, and a pretty high maximum power level, but only lightly, if ever dipping their toes in the "cosmic" power tier, and doing so largely by playing with spirits.

Ultimately, werewolves are typecast as working for cosmic strength spirits. This isn't a bad thing, they have a clear flavor.

If you REALLY want to penis around with high cosmic power level insanity, check the theurge gift that lets you penis around with spirits to your heart's content.

Correspondence 3

Good luck fighting against a foe you cannot see that is beyond the comprehension of your ridiculous, Marauder-tier paradigm.

So it's a Pentex First Team made of Awakened mortals?

That's the npc rules. The PC ones aren't limited to such low range trash.

>its an "even Pentex has to hope the mages save their ass as their first last and only strategy" episode

SAD!

They can just disable all magic in an entire city by melting into goo after increasing it's size.

>It doesn't matter if he has True Brujah grandfather
My char is Caine: You Lose. An aspect of the Wyrm if you take hyperbole as fact.
>an Arete of 10 and sixes in all his Spheres
My char is an Archmage with tens in all his Spheres and became a Celestine.

Fucking spirits. What can they even do?

>ban Werewolves from their Caern

>f-fucking spirits!
>I'll just become a spirit to show those spirits you don't have to be a spirit to be cool!

And yet even a theurge gets shit on by an autistic mage master or a really grumpy methuselah

>You do know technocracy constructs are cooperative and have dimensions science protection as well as a gauntlet rating of at least nine right?
Still speaks nothing for theurges/dreamspeakers that can stack fetishes and get insane difficulty reduction to the gauntlet rating (even merits do this)

That being said, most technocracts that are tracked down and aren't in a technocract construct are fair game, is that it?

IS BRIBERY JUST A MIND ROTE CREATED BY THE SYNDICATE?

>Captain I am reading some usual power readings in this area Prime1
>Burn the whole place down Forces2
>Aye aye captain
>What spirit?

Yeah if you're stupid enough to run around on your own and let reality deviants find you, you're fucked. Thankfully, you can't really tell someone is a mage till they do magic.

Prime kills spirits only with spirit 2

Yes now go to room 101

>My char is an Archmage with tens in all his Spheres and became a Celestine.
1. the book was published before Masters of the Art, when the epitome of archmastery was 6 (in Stronghold of Hope)

2. Incarnae and Celestines have "Umbrood magick", and for some reason you're assuming a newly fledged celestine (which had to abandon his humanity and reincarnate as a spirit LUL) is going to be more powerful than celestines that have had arbitrarily high levels of "Umbrood magick" for untold aeons

>And yet even a theurge gets shit on by an autistic mage master

And the reverse is also true, no reason to complain about it.

Whoever takes their powers to the most autistic, fun killing limit wins. My money is on the werewolf at all levels of practical play, and a dope Corr /Spirit VE otherwise.

Just about the only thing in omage I have yet to play with are the Technocratic variant spheres, and VE.

Something funny about bans and such is that you can actually ban/ward yourself out if you are stupid.

>I'll cast a thaumaturgical ward against vampires.
>wait... oh fuck

"Enchant Patterns: Allows the mage to enchant the natural properties of a Pattern by tapping into its Quintessence, allowing it to interact with ephemeral objects."

Get FUCKED wolf-kun

I'LL BRIBE THE PEOPLE IN ROOM 10!

>I'll cast a thaumaturgical ward against vampires.
there is a vampire book that has the mechanics for how you can whitelist individuals even they're of the banned type

I mean, this isn't an uncommon feature of blood magick. The Path of Mercury allows teleportation. It also mentions a ritual that a 'smart' vampire made that allowed him to Teleport anywhere he could see. He went to the moon. Which he was woefully unaware was only lite up because of the sun.

If tying your shoelaces by hand is a rote, what spheres does it use?

That's good once the werewolves yank you into the Umbra to be brutally curb stomped by a gathering of werewolves, weaver spirits, paradox spirits and tech spirits, you may be able to scuff one mildly with your primium fork.

How can I force people to get paradox for doing normal things?

Can we bribe them instead?

While that is likely a matter or entropy or life effect that makes it less likely for you to trip, as well as protects your feet from harm. mundane access to such via the consensus does not use spheres, despite still being sphere magick.

Probably Correspondence, Matter, Forces, Prime, Time, and in m20, Spirit and Mind.

This is why technocrats typically stay in their labs and use hitmarks.

Probably.

>What do you bribe werewolfs with? Dog biscuits? Bones? Animal Planet videos?

>On an unrelated note, I need you to respond really really quickly.

Yeah. I figure usually, GW and Technocrats have some sort of understanding (mostly brokered with the VE)

prime energy flavored as gnosis...?

Best post.

I'll bribe the hitmarks. Somehow.

Yup. Because he is now the Celestine of You Lose.

You just gotta hack them with the blockchain and overload them with currency as their processor shuts down its main functionality and starts mining crpyto.

That's like a bribe right?

>he needs the power of friendship to win

Adorable woofs

source?

Oh so you're just houseruling a Celestine that had arbitrarily high levels of "magick" and already had the "You Lose" card for billions of year even before the mage was born would "lose just because I say so" kek

even the text for the incarna archangel michael is already "Sorry. You cannot fight this"

Beyond the Barriers: Book of Worlds

Yup. Celestines are Celestines. Ain't nobody dealing with them except for other Celestines.

Spirit/Archmage supremacy

Didn't Porthos trap them in bottles?

i thinkyou mean archangels.

Are Glass Walker Lupus basically NEET-woofs?

How does that work.

Spirit 6(Horizon) can summon and dominate Celestines at 25+ successes, assuming you cheesed Willpower beforehand.

How do you cheese willpower?

They're the dog in "...fuck the dog" proverb.

I forgot about that

You cheese the contest, not willpower.

but yeah spirit 6 is dope.

You don't.

Is there a citation for this? This sounds incredible.

The storytelling sidebar for gods in MotA pretty much allows the ST to make them as powerful as he wants. Where they derive their powers from, what they can intervene on, etc.

Can you gimme a quick rundown of what World of Darkness is?

It's a great ability, but a lot harder than it seems. Still, mechanically it's entirely probable to enslave Gaia or some such.

Edgelords that want to be Mary Sues.

Both in game and out.

Even Incarnae-level spirits can have (could be heigher for others) Willpower 20 as evidenced by one of the stated ones;

You'll roll at best 10 dice resisted by the Incarna's 20 (and arbitrarily high Willpower for Celestines) and need to somehow stack +25 successes only to give them "simple commands" or "request a simple service", how do you win this?

Not to mention the Incarnae has "umbrood magick" and infinite essence, they could stack wards on themselves, possibly even paradigm wards, with as many objectives as they want, and they'd outsuccess any mage simply because they have Arete 10 and Willpower 20 and can gather more successes.

Can anyone make a torrent of mega.nz/#F!cSRAhRSb!_w_CXRj14pgt8C9nP6ursw folder and put it on TPB? Mega's permacites the quota even with its shitty app installed.

This looks incredible.

t. buttmad spirit fag

So what happens if I capture Gaia and give her a "be my waifu" command? Will I be the strongest mage around?

>This looks incredible.

Not really? The difficulty looks staggeringly high and even if you do succeed, the effects are very limited.

Depends if your GM considers being a waifu simple or not. Considering all there is to a relationship I'm leaning 'not'.

>buttmad spirit fag
magefag thinks he can roll 10 dice resisted by at least 20 dice (arbitrarily heigher for Celestines) and get +25 successes first, and doesn't even account for wards the spirits can and will have

oh the desperation

So in a desperate attempt to change the subject to literally anything else, anyone else actually paying attention to trinity? What do we think of the new system/setting?