Is it plausible to build a good deck around this guy?

Is it plausible to build a good deck around this guy?

Other urls found in this thread:

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/21/crime-never-ends/
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/d1/8a/d18a385b-069b-4782-b35b-6c1829162222/adn_mwl_v21compressed.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=VAslVfZ9p-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=vvRwynAp5tI&list=PLmHifZPFC_JvQZA4qgdAQEarHAJKjkbhA
netrunnerdb.com/
meteor.stimhack.com/
acoo.net
pastebin.com/rRDjAUxN
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Possibly, we're getting a big load of virus support now that a) Noise is dead, and b) We're getting Freedom in like a pack or two.

The 2/per sub is kinda bad though, and e3 isn't a thing any more sadly.

Also, if you want to make a deck around him and you're not just using core, there's a much better virus AI

Also this may now become the netrunner thread, seeing as there's not a general up

I was thinking about running a Darwin + Wyrm combo desu.

>Wyrm
Ah.

Are you really new, or have you not played in ages?
Because Wyrm's not a card outside of casual any more

I'm really new. I looked at getting into it for a while but just never made the jump.

Just keep in mind that Wyrm needs to be boosted to the strength of the ICE before it can interact with it. It gets really expensive really quickly.

Just from a core set perspective, the best way to use Darwin would be to install at least one Cyberfeeder and use it to pump Darwin for free each turn. It would probably be better to rely on Datasucker to lower the strength of ICE and keep Wyrm as a last resort if the corporation purges your virus counters.

I'd be using it to weaken the ICE until Darwin could eat it. Basically it's to supplement for a weak Darwin early game or in the event of a purge of virus counters.

Ah, that's cool!
Yeah, recently the core box was revised - they took out some cards for being too strong (account siphon, scorched earth, parasite and a few more), and some for being too weak (wyrm, zaibatsu loyalty, etc.), and replaced them with cards from the first 12 packs

The removed cards, plus the rest of those 12 packs, those cards are casual only now - they've been rotated from all official play.

It's a good time to get into netrunner, but about half the old core is gone, which is a bit annoying if you bought one.

I'll find the "Netrunner General" post text in a minute, but do ask any other questions

Is Chimera a viable ICE, particularly with Chum?

Not terrible, especially early game, but not amazing either - as something you have to re-rez over and over, it can get expensive fast.
Also Chum's not that hard to break.

Both are casual-only now btw

Discount, difficult-to-spot netrunner general

>New MWL 2.1
Article: fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/21/crime-never-ends/
Image: images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/d1/8a/d18a385b-069b-4782-b35b-6c1829162222/adn_mwl_v21compressed.pdf

Changes:
>Banned:
Violet Level Clearence

>Resticted:
Rumor Mill (was Banned)
Tapwrm
Whampoa Reclamation
Mother Goddess
Brain Rewiring
Mumbad City Hall (was Banned)

>What is Android: Netrunner?
youtube.com/watch?v=VAslVfZ9p-Y

>How to play Android: Netrunner (TeamCovenant)
youtube.com/watch?v=vvRwynAp5tI&list=PLmHifZPFC_JvQZA4qgdAQEarHAJKjkbhA

>Where to play it online (replace spaces with dots):
Jinteki net

Try "Why I Run", great for prospective Runners looking for a hands-on demo on how Running works (replace spaces with dots):
www nagnazul com/whyirun/whyirun.html

>Deckbuilding Resources:
netrunnerdb.com/
meteor.stimhack.com/
acoo.net

>More Resources, blogs, podcasts
pastebin.com/rRDjAUxN

Old Bread

Dang. What would you recommend to someone looking to play Haas-Bioroid corp side and Anarch runner side?

where's the netrunner thread?

I won my first game ever today and I wanted to share :(

oh here it is.

won my first game over at jinteki.net today!

so far i'm 1-1, 1-2 if you count some guy that was playing fairchild 3.0s and ultraviolet clearances even though I named the game "Revised Core Set (Beginner)"

I would play more games but somehow i'm anxious as fuck about it

why are there counters on the mimic?

The guy's putting money spent using it, on it - 4 for the 4 subs on archer

'Grats!

oh, that makes sense

Noice.

Clutch Morningstar draw and some datasucker counters to get into HQ through Heimdall, felt pretty good to get that first W

"A bleeding-hot piece of illicit code with just enough AI to have an attitude."

I wish Femme had room for flavour text.

>build a good deck around
Building a whole deck around a single card is a pretty dumb idea

unless the card is magnum opus

Kabonesa + Scavenge is stupid and desu

I mean there'd have to be alternative breakers, I'm just not sure what else to throw in.

just saw someone win having made 1 run in 11 turns - one graft one takeover with maker's eye

are you playing revised core anarchs? morningstar is fine, you can use retrieval run to make it cheaper - mimic is great, just needs a couple datasucker counters.

as far as decoders, force of nature is bad but not atrocious specially with datasuckers. splash a couple of femmes because tollbooth is like the best ICE in revised core

fuck that whale

Probably. I mean I'm only just now getting into it so revised core anarchs for now. Not sold on anarchs though, I just think that darwin is cool.

The thing is that one purge sets you back so long. At least datasuckers can regain more than 1 counter per turn.

That's why I need either secondary breakers, something like Wyrm, or maybe some ice-cutters or something that increases virus counters quickly in the event of a purge.

as i said, anarch has a good enough killer and fracter. what codegate is giving you trouble? the only good one is like tollbooth, and you splash femmes for those

by this i mean just suck it up and run a couple of forces of nature just to get past enigmas and shit. you can always splash deep and get gordian blades

Is the game fun? A lot of the cards sound so dumb.
>trash a rezzed piece of ice

its just terminology for added thematic flavour. the game is very fun

ice sounds less stupid once you realize it stands for Intrusion Countermeasure Electronics

Well, I've never been one to skip a game just because it sounds dumb (I even tried the MLP CCG when it came out) so I'll give it a shot.

good to hear, lets play a game at jinteki some time

rez is short for resolve, or resolution. first seen in the 1982 Tron. "If you lose your disc, or fail to follow commands, you will be subject to immediate de-resolution"

ICE means Intrusion Countermeasure Electronics, popularized in a book from the 80's written by the same guy who came up with the word cyberspace.

Basically the game uses a bunch of sci-fi/cyberpunk/computer science terms to add flavor and theme to the game.

Maybe I should just go Shaper and run those nifty looking AIs...

In core only games, FoN is actually decent enough since pretty much all the code gates (sans Tollbooth) have 2 subs.

Is a setup of Atman + Brahman + Chameleon +D4V1D flexible enough to do the job? D4V1D and Chameleon take care of anything that Brahman and Atman cannot do, and Brahman let's you set a new power level to Atman or lets you bounce Chameleon normally.

How many icebreakers should a deck have?

2 of each type is usually a safe bet. An AI backup is optional (unless it’s meant to be the main breaker, then 2-3 instead).

So something like 3 of an AI, and maybe 2 of two or three others?

It strongly depends on what kind of you you have in mind.

If you are referring to Amuakua, it’s common to have 2-3 of those with 1/each of other breakers as backup vs certain ice (usually sentry and code gate). Otherwise, Anarchs for instance can do x2 of each Conspiracy Breaker and call it a day.

I was thinking about 3x Maven, 1x Switchblade, 1x Blackstone, and 1x Study Guide with a D4v1d or two thrown in.

A stealth-based deck plays quite differently from a typical runner. Assuming you are Smoke, you can easily make do with x1 Dagger/Paperclip/Refractor with a Dai V as AI backup.

I was thinking Smoke with 3x Cloak and 3x Net Mercur with the above setup. Cloak synergizes with Maven and is economical for runs, and Net Mercur is even more economical.

Stealth creds are way more useful powering actual stealth breakers, since she generally runs too cash poor to be able to afford multiple normal breakers (paperclip being the exception). Maven is not ideal for her because it’s not cheap and takes up a bit too much MU.

Just finished uploading Down the While Nile and Council of the Crest to the Tabletop Simulator workshop.

We're up to date now, TTSbros!

man, once I stop playing revised core only, i'm playing nothing but virus decks

Does Jinteki have rules enforcement?

for like 95% of cards

Cool, I'll try it then. I refuse to play shit like Cuckatrice or Dueling Network where you have to argue with your opponent if they don't understand something.

How do I get cards?

depends on what platform you're playing on

Paper. Do I just buy the Revised Core Set from Amazon?

Netrunner or Arkham Horror? The theme of Arkham Horror is more interesting to me but which is the better game?

well, netrunner is competitive, arkham horror is cooperative...

sounds good

So both?

so they're completely different games therefore your question was dumb

I know nothing, that's why I asked.

then look them up, man. co-op vs 1v1 is just one of the huge differences between both games.

friday chip is like the only good art in the entire kitara cycle

Look them both up, they're not that comparable. Though do note Arkham Horror LCG has a much higher buy in threshold, you'll want to proxy cards if you want to do any kind of deckbuilding with a single core, and you really REALLY should buy a full cycle as soon as possible, since the core scenarios are basically tech demos for the game. Look for a second hand collection if you can.

What card do I cut?

Is running only 2 copies of console and unique resources a good idea, or should I run 3?

With 3 of each breaker you don't really need Special Order, though I guess since you're hard drawing your cards you'll still have a hard time finding them even then. I'd cut those two and replace them with Easy Marks, then use the last two influence for a wincon (HQ Interface), money, or draw, in that order.

As a general rule, cards that you want to see sooner rather than later you put a 3-of, cards that you don't mind whenever they pop-up a 2-of, and cards that are specific counters, dead in certain match ups, or you really don't care when you draw them, a 1-of. Doesn't matter if they are unique, if you want them early, you put a 3 copies in.

See, I was thinking about running a shit ton of Daemons and programs along with Maven.

I will have to play more games with it to see if I end up missing the special orders or not.

>Doesn't matter if they are unique, if you want them early, you put a 3 copies in.

Interesting, so that means 3x Xanadu, 3x Ice Carvers (unless xanadu is not as good as I think it is)

How about making the 2 SO and 1 ES into 2 Test Runs instead? A surprise Femme is always nice to have.

Both of them are definitely fine early, assuming you'll have the econ to back it up. Since my recommendations actually put you back up to 46 though, I'd cut the 3rd Spinal Modem since you're not in any particular hurry to get extra MU up, especially with Dyson MemChips.

>unless xanadu is not as good as I think it is
Is and it isn't - it's quite variable

Pro
>stacks on ID ability
>can open up windows to get in
>combines amazingly with Emergency Shutdown
>messes up corp maths, especially for people who've been playing longer and who know how much everything should cost

Con
>unique (got that little diamond symbol)
>not exactly cheap at 3c
>useless without unrezzed ice (i.e.: late game unless ES)
>doesn't directly contribute to victory

Overall though, it's quite nice, and with Reina and Shutodown it can bring some serious hurt

> Since my recommendations actually put you back up to 46

actually they put me at 47 since I was already at 46 and looking to cut 1

i'll cut the 3rd modem and I guess the 1x retrieval run? no spots for 3rd ice carver or xanadu, though - contacts + dyson package takes up so many cards

yeah, xanadu and reina is why i wanna play at least 2 shutdowns. not only do they make shutdown better, shutdown also kiiiinda makes xanadu less dead in the mid/late since they suddenly have another thing they need to rez

Retrieval Run is for cheaper installs, especially with Femme. Maybe see how much you'll miss the Scrubbers by taking them both out and adding a second Retrieval Run? The free trash credits are nice but you don't particularly need them in a core only environment I think.

yeah thats why I was running retrieval. although drawing to 6 cards and discarding at turn end is the only way to put stuff in heap, which is a bit awkward and slow.

First deck. The idea is to use either Maven or Dai V as the primary breaker, with the Daemons making it easy to host a ton of programs that boost Maven and enable stealth.

>two gay """dads"""
>still hugs plushies as a young adult

what did FFG mean by this

>people come into my revised core set lobby
>realize its revised core set and instantly bounce

You can time Datasucker installs and trash programs if you need to, though that only helps with Femme I guess.

Really doesn't look like you have enough credits for everything, get some Peace in Our Times in there atleast. Also Paperclip over Blackstone because Clippy is just that good, or just have both around so you can tear through

>lost 7-4 cause I didn't check archives
>there was a priority requisition there

>Economy
I've been playing some practice hands, and I always seem to get just enough econ cards to start setting up my rig by turn 2.

>Breakers
Maybe swap out those copies of Dai V for another copy of each stealth breaker? Is paperclip really that good?

A few notes:
- I would try to fit a Beth in there, especially since you're running Magnum Opus. The fifth click can make a huge difference.
- I don't think a singleton Ubax is worth it in comparison to Astrolabe or Mirror. The deck is quite slim already and you have 9 events which draw you cards.
- Lack of multiaccess is bit of an issue, I would at the very least want Equivocation to make R&D runs more worthwhile but you might want to have an Indexing/Maker's Eye as well
- Three in-faction silver bullets you might want to have against tough matchups: Misdirection (CtM), Feedback Filter (PU/trapteki) and Sacrifical Construct (Skorpios)

Up to you what you want to cut to make space for these cards but I would probably cut down on the amount of duplicate programs/breakers.

Eh, I think MOpus does enough to carry the economy along with the events. I agree on Dai V though.

You can prob drop down to x2 Maven/Dai V and swap Ubax for x2 The Gauntlet. Blackstone into Clippy, and somehow get in 2 Turning Wheels (-1 cloak and Dheg?)

I thought LCGs are supposed to be cheap, what happened?

How do tournaments work? Do you need a corp deck and a runner deck?

Since you're doing the big rig lots of programs thing, I'd play around with 1 Blackstone, 1 Paperclip, 1 Houdini, 1 Dagger, and 1 Switchblade ( and maybe 1 Fawkes?) just to see what would happen instead of just bringing 2-of everything.

LCGs are cheaper than CCGs *in the long run*, short term and if you're buying a smaller amount of cards and you're mostly casual then CCGs have a lower point of entry.

Yes. You play both sides and record your wins, then at the top cuts you play the side that you played the least I think?

I just want to play horror games with my friends, why does it have to be so difficult?

Not sure about Beth, seems like a complex mechanic. Does it work consistently?

I might switch consoles then.

I'll check out Maker's Eye.

Maybe I'll cut Dai V for those three if they're necessary.

I'm definitely dropping Dai V. Is clip really that amazing?

Dheg is kind of key to Making Maven work for me.

3+ rounds swiss, double elim after the cut iirc.

Yes, you need both sides for any event really.

Hope your friends bought it too, otherwise you'll be buying cards for them as well! please don't

I've heard Mansions of Madness 2nd Edition is pretty good and the app does neat things, try that.

>Is clip really that amazing?
It is. Imagine if you only needed to pay for pumping the breaker's strength, and breaking subs costed 0. That's basically how Paperclip works most of the time.

>Does it work consistently?
Yeah, it's a rare card people don't like because it's constantly and consistently good.
You plop her down for 2, and unless the corp is poor as fuck, you either get money, cards or clicks. End of, no qualifiers or anything.

And yes, Clip is just that good. Even if it didn't have one of the best break/boost ratios, the coming back from heap thing is fantastic - it was quite a surprise honestly to see that it didn't get MWL'd

Beth is almost always good, if the corp is constantly below 5 credits they're most likely not doing that well anyway. Watch out against decks that try to mill your deck though, they'll intentionally sit on 10-14 credits to force you to draw!

Her presence on the board is more then enough to directly influence corp behavior. Many of such corps would deliberately try to stay below 15 creds just to deny the extra click (and make milling easier I guess).

And yes, Clippy is THAT good. It left the previous gold standard fracter in the dust.

>Watch out against decks that try to mill your deck though, they'll intentionally sit on 10-14 credits to force you to draw!
*steals your idea*

>Mansions of Madness 2nd Edition
Thanks, I'll look into it.

>Someone makes game for revised core on jinteki
>Ask him if he wants 3 boxes or 1 box
>He says 1
>I select my shitty 1 box Reina deck
>I lose cause he has 2 heimdalls out and I can't find my datasuckers
>Check after the game, there's only 1 heimdall in the box

come on, mannnnnnnnn

he had 2 archived memories as well. don't be sneaky like that, man

Better?