Codex - Adeptus Ministorum Veeky Forums Edition

Hell, it's about time Edition

The latest version of the codex can always be found here: 1d4chan.org/wiki/Codex_-_Adeptus_Ministorum_Veeky Forums_Edition

As always, comments and critique are welcome.

ba-bump

Has this been used on the table?

Yeah, I've tested it against AdMech, Tau, Dark Angels, Necrons, and Orks. In my experience, it tends to perform well against index armies and usually matches even with codex armies.

Why did you nerf Chaos?

Is it made for 7e or 8e?

8e. You can find some samples of the rules on the 1d4chan page in addition to the full PDF

Aight, Imma give it a look.
I'm interested, I remember this being brought up some time ago.
I helped define trinity weapons in the thread.

How does it compare to the current books success as a contender, if limited?

Cool, let me know what you think of the trinity weapons this edition.

Basically, it gives Sisters more tactical options than "bring Celestine and spam melta".

What units have stood out on the table?

Frateris Militia oddly enough. Load them up with five flamers, give the rest pistols and CCWs, have the Redeemer follow them around and they're pretty mean. I don't think they're overpowered, since they're still ridiculously easy to kill, but woe to anyone who ignores them until they get into flamer range.

Outside of that, Dominator Gunships are a lot better than they were last edition, Mortias are pretty fun, and Living Saints can be very powerful if you're willing to spend the CPs on them. Ephrael Stern has also been a stand-out character, possibly a bit overpowered, I need to playtest with her more to be sure.

I have a problem with Stern.

Stern is basically shown to have superstrength, so her being S3 T3 with a flimsy power sword makes her a very meh character

Some advice

Remove the silly Mortia bikes, they fill no role in the army and make little sense.

Chevaliers are a good idea but the bikes feel too Space Mariney, Maybe give them some form of Cyber-charger that does some Hoof attacks.

Also what says. S3 T3 makes Stern basically something you want to sit back and hope to never EVER enter close combat.

Which is contrary to her character. Also I'd honestly make Frateris militia have no save. They're honestly too good as a bus for like 5 flamers.

>Remove the silly Mortia bikes, they fill no role in the army and make little sense.
>a melee only footslogging unit in an army with no assault purpose vehicles should be forced to footslog

You want my actual take on Repentia or are you just going to whine about me hating your stupid pet idea?

Yeah, going to second scrapping the silly mortia bikes thing.

isn't OP. OP is the namefag. I'm typing up my reply ATM.

Order of the Sacred Rose looks objectively better than the other order benefits.

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.

>Stern is basically shown to have superstrength, so her being S3 T3 with a flimsy power sword makes her a very meh character
While Stern is incredibly agile, I don't think she had super strength in the comic. She ripped a daemon out of that one SoB at the beginning, but I figured that had more to do with her warp powers than physical strength. And while she is an extremely competent melee combatant, she doesn't have any special wargear as far as I can tell, just a standard power sword and bolt pistol. Most of her badass moments in the comic have more to do with her psychic prowess than anything else.

As she currently stands, Stern's actually been one of the more powerful characters in the codex due to the sheer number of mortal wounds she can dish out on every turn. When I brought her against Dark Angels, she was able to single-handedly sweep the DA back line by spamming psychic powers and then using webway gate to teleport away every turn.

>Remove the silly Mortia bikes, they fill no role in the army and make little sense.
People wanted Sororitas bikers back in the 7e version of this codex, and that was the idea they came up with. They're meant to be a suicide squad. You bring them to take out something that costs a lot more with the martyr's gift. That being said, I agree that they didn't transfer to 8e very well. I'll see if I can re-work them, and if not, I'll likely remove them.

>Chevaliers are a good idea but the bikes feel too Space Mariney, Maybe give them some form of Cyber-charger that does some Hoof attacks.
How do they feel Space Mariney? So far as I'm aware, the only Marines that are similar to them are the Ravenwing Black Knights. I don't think they need additional attacks from hooves or anything else, they tend to do pretty well unless they fight dedicated heavy assault units.

1/2

I'd replace the bikes with something less 'space marine' myself.

Also: Way, way too much morale boosting in redundant ways. Army wide reroll morale, a warlord trait for it, +1 to leadership for one group, ignore morale for another leader etc. It's kinda dull.

Because SoB bikers, like people who suggested SoB terminators, feels like it is very Space marine like.

To be SoB should look Anquitated, more so than any other army, but under that layer of Baroque armor and chanting, there is practical utility.

The Mortia bikers are contrary to the Repentia and I feel like an attempt to simply replace the Repentia.

I don't think SoB should be a mobile army outside of dedicated Rhino busses. Instead it should be like a procession.

Have the Miltia up front to die, Repentia to die fighting have the ranks of sisters to cut down those who break through the wall of zealots.

To me bikes feel contrary to these gathered holy pilgramage feel, and I think some kind of Horse would make them even more crusader and knight like.

I have some ideas for a way to Improve Repentia through a new unit though.

2/2

>Also I'd honestly make Frateris militia have no save. They're honestly too good as a bus for like 5 flamers.
Removing their save would have a very small effect on their survivability. We could lower the number of special weapons they can bring though.

One for every 10 should be fine.

You don't want to run them in units lower than 30 and that gives you 3.

And finally. to Replace Mortia but make Repentia viable, I'd make a Character that buffs them.

Something like a Mistress superior, same profile as a mistress with 3 Wounds.

Provides buffs to Repentia within 6", giving a FnP buff to them making them slightly more durable, and allowing them to Advance and Charge in the same turn and with an additional 3"

Means you can run several Repentia units and this Buffer Character and get effective use of them.

>Also: Way, way too much morale boosting in redundant ways. Army wide reroll morale, a warlord trait for it, +1 to leadership for one group, ignore morale for another leader etc. It's kinda dull.
I agree, though I'm not entirely sure what to replace some of the morale stuff with.

>The Mortia bikers are contrary to the Repentia and I feel like an attempt to simply replace the Repentia.
That's not the intent, but now that you mention it, I could see how they could come across that way.

>I don't think SoB should be a mobile army outside of dedicated Rhino busses. Instead it should be like a procession.
>Have the Miltia up front to die, Repentia to die fighting have the ranks of sisters to cut down those who break through the wall of zealots.
I really like this procession idea, I think I'll playtest it just to see how viable it is with this codex. That being said, Sisters need to have more tactical options than they have today, and they also need mobility since most of their weapons are short-ranged.

>To me bikes feel contrary to these gathered holy pilgramage feel, and I think some kind of Horse would make them even more crusader and knight like.
You make good points, but I'm going to stick with bikes, mainly because there are a lot of people kitbashing Sororitas bikers and none (that I'm aware of) kitbashing Sororitas cavalry. Actually, the only reason I started updating the rules to 8e was because someone hit me up on 1d4chan asking for rules to use with their Sororitas biker models.

I'm not sure this character is necessary. If you run Repentias+Mistress of Repentance in a transport, they can usually close and get the job done.

Thanks again for all your input, you've given me a lot to think about.