Within the Ring of Fire - General

Game with non-existent community that I really enjoy. Check it out and see what you think.

Current Player Books: mediafire.com/?2ft2a0hj05an9

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/NuX5UNq
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bump

Holy Fuck. Someone else actually plays?

Current campaign is somewhat similar to beneath the surface
Players built a city, maintain city, etc, a bunch of players have come and gone, lots of power structure shifts

Started out as a council with a wealthy typhon backer. Council members who are antagonistic start dying of mysterious causes, no one investigates
Fucking apophis shows up and wrecks the town, move underground. Underground city was actually more fun so we moved the capital there. Church of T’hool made some golems to fight the bastard off.

They do exist!

Sounds awesome man. Playing a game set in Bale at the moment. Slaves on the run.

Current day Bale? How are the Ferrum dealing with their Hooman overlords?

Not too well to say the least. The players are a Ferrum and a Ogre wivesmen, so they both have intense reasons to hate humans.

What’s the party’s plan? There’s not exactly a safe place for runaway slaves anywhere near there

We currently ran north and are hiding in a town the DM created. However, there is a Church of Pelgan there with a couple of priests. Should be interesting.

That's as far as we have gotten.

What are your main impressions lore-wise? What do you thinks going to happen in the coming few hundred or so cycles?

I think the lore is excellent, especially on the creation of the world and 77 thrones. I would say the next big event will be the coalition of Luk-Coo against the Enforcers.

>After some Iktomi tried wiping an entire district and a couple PCs we have a ban on Enforcers, with the exception of Zhaust which we station outside the city. The problem is we’re not far from Atramenurga...

The biggest argument in my group is/if the sun will come back who it will be. We don’t think M’lak has a shot in hell, which leaves our resident fallen angel and the tree growing for another 1000 or so cycles

>Not far from Atramenurga
Yeah, He Who Has Many Names and his followers won't be a fan

I think Elsam's plan to gather Freyaen souls is purely wishful thinking. I think He Who Has Many Many Names and M'Lak have a better idea.

Have you guys homebrewed anything into your games?
We’ve added some utility spells,magic items, non-book weapons, and some meta mechanics like player of the night gets straight up double XP, and if he can call a coin flip twice in a row, doubles XP for the party
Our main concern is it could cause showboating but so far everyone’s been respectful about screen-time

Not quite yet. I am sure we will once we have played it a bit more (only on our second campaign). We just recently switched over from Pathfinder.

Sweet I thought I was the only player of this. Which of the races do you think have the most chance to take control of kvega thale?

Humans or the Viagysh. Most definitely.

Thats my thought as well. They are the newest sentient beings created by a god, so they fit the new rules set in place by N'Thraxu.

Do you have a particular favorite divinity/troll?
Favorite race? Favorite caster type? City/Region?

The info gathering ones really intrigue me like Ameles straight up washing away emotions and personality, likely hoarding memory. Satan with his dirty Tuil just hanging out in cities taking notes. Igvale hearing pretty much anything said and Ahriman being able to see everything that happens on the surface at night.

Path of thorns witch is definitely the most interesting voodoo style caster I've seen

I've always wanted to run a campaign in Jotfunfall but haven't had the chance to yet.

Looks pretty cool but the rules are kinda complicated to learn. What does this system do that I couldn't port over to Pathfinder?

My favorite race is human. I almost feel bad saying it just because of how many unique races are in the game. And they were created by my favorite God. I'm all about Pelgan.

Not gonna lie, its a tough world to be a human in. But there's some definite advantages, especially their natural flexibility, and having easy access to lineage makes a backstory quick and easy

Our GMs a big ferrum fan, one guy likes the fey a little too much, most of us don't have a particular favorite. Most of us think the Chezari and Mafdet are a bit dull, and we have trouble visualizing the aquatic settings. We all collectively love this setting's Orc as ancient and wise noble savages

You must have a genius level memory, because Pathfinder is crazy rules heavy IMO.

In terms of mechanics, WTRoF is focused more on role play than Pathfinder. Characters do not choose classes, and advantages (feats) are locked depending on "Passions". For instance, some advantages can only be taken if you have a certain Piety rating, others only if your Hate is high enough. The Flametender (DM) determines at the end of every game if you have role-played your character well enough to increase or decrease these passions.

Also, each Status (Level) is broken up into 5 steps, with one-fifth of your skill points and advantage points being awarded per step.

There are other differences, and I am sure you could port the setting over to Pathfinder without and issue.

Its supposedly "rules-light"
the exploding dice system and boosting system is pretty fun, the 3 types of movement in combat keep things moving quickly but versatile, skill rolls are pretty simple, i have fun with this systems caster mechanic.
Not gonna lie though, character creation is a bitch and it will probably take 2-3 full sessions to get fully comfortable with the system.

>one guy like the fey a little too much

I'm sure he mean Ogre right? Haha

I agree with character creation being a bit difficult. The book is not laid out in the best order, and you will find yourself flipping back on forth many times during the process.

We wish, this guy has played a literal sprite-fairy princess, a half-nyxad mehan-ghe serial killer, is currently a Cinder-priestess Baobhon and is trying to convince us to allow a Moolite Hibben for his next character.

Bruh...

Favorite divinity would definitely be Pelgan, because he's a badass who created humanity after many others were already. Then gave them the task of taking over everything. Brass Balls.

Favorite Troll, Nogus, creator of the Orcs, Slayer of 55 gods, creator of Sacred Necromancy and creator of the World of Reflection.

Ander/Bampton/Guillotte really dropped the ball on the layout and proofreading, the books have a great aesthetic but they've really buried some important information.

Christ...

If he wasn't so damn fun to play with we wouldn't put up with any of that shit
Pelgan's had a really rough start, but is making some good moves. Gotta love Nogus, taught T'hool how to Death. Man that's gotta be some weird shit, having some entity from the Void live inside the body of your dead firstborn

Wait T'Hool possessed Nogus' first child after stillbirth?

I just read the entry and it doesn't say that but that would be a cool change.

Yeah, the entry for Passions and XP gain are very oddly placed.

Did you happen to follow the creator on Youtube?

Can someone explain to me what this game is all about?

It is a Dark, High Fantasy RPG with a heavy emphasis on roleplaying. I would advise using the link in OP and taking a look at the Saga Book for more info.

I follow woodwwad and Lou, but they've been inactive for about 3-4 months now

>The stillborn death of his first child with Urseti created Death, which was taken by T’Hool.

Although its speculation, we believe that death would have taken the child as a body over forming out of nothingness.

Out of curiosity, is there any way we could at least attempt to form a player forum somewhere? The facebook has looked pretty inactive, and being away from outside players for a long period of time has led to some pretty bad echo chamber among my group.

Could create a discord for it and add it to the OP

Just created one. The invite is does not expire, so feel free to add you friends to it.

discord.gg/NuX5UNq