What's your Favorite Fantasy Race?

rkursem.com/poll/view.php?id=1251667f15b806763
Do me a favor and vote for or write-in your top fantasy race. I'm working on a campaign, and besides gnomes, humans, and lizardmen(Options Players have chosen) I have no set races, so I'm picking off the top five from the poll, or whichever lesser known race you can make the most compelling argument for.

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Deep_Rot
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

huh, i wonder if this flies on a blue board nowadays

As long as there's no asshole it should be good

The answer is skeletons. Any other answer is fucking W R O N G

But why? I've never gotten the skeleton meme, what's so great about them?

Dwarves are cool I guess

ITT:Fucking fleshies trying to play a character that appeals to their magical realm of having skin and organs.

The concept of intelligent undead that aren't cursed or even particularly evil is interesting.
Also PUNS AND MEMES

like you need to ask

>skeletons
>race
This is autism. You may as well call noses a fantasy race.

What is this? A ride for ants?

I really like the idea of spiderfolk

>you may as well call noses a fantasy race

People aren't sure which fantasy race jews are though.

I'm surprised someone hasn't posted the Skelecopters thread already. Or the Deep Rot.

>1d4chan.org/wiki/Deep_Rot

You're slipping, Veeky Forums

is...is that a fucking orange? cuz her skin look like an orange's and I can't fucking tug it to an orange

it's a fucking orange

fuck
gimme something to masturbate now that you've ruined everything

>I can't fucking tug it to an orange
look at this guy. I bet you never had to live through the days of dial up. WE WOULD HAVE KILLED FOR ORANGE BUTT BACK IN THE DAY

Here you go user.

Afraid of a little cellulitis, are we.

What about plant people, is there any popular race of plant folk?

Sauce?

>Not wanting to eat citrus pussy
Oranges are delicious.

>What about plant people, is there any popular race of plant folk?

yeah that'll do
not cellulitis, but a fucking orange peel ass

Bug people.

I literally never saw anyone play as one, maybe that's why I didn't even remember them, I just think of them as enemies.

I always though the same. Undead are different thing all together and shouldn't fall under race paradigm or otherwise should just be treated members of their own race that are immortal, infertile (especially with those that are sentient).

What a thicc skele. This is what you look like if you drink milkshakes and not milk

I guess that milkshake brings all the bones to the 'yard

>Undead
>Lizardmen
>Trolls (proper hulking 9 foot beasts, not WoW)

Skellys
Then kenku
I'll also post some art someone in a drawthread posted for a homebrew race. I believe they're supposed to be like gnomes but with a touch of the more elegant fey and a bond with nature. A good replacement for elves.

I think they're a shortfolk, too.

I'll stop spamming my shit idea now.

How do skeletons as a sapient humanoid race even work? Are they their own species, or are they just the bones of other races? Do they have any memories of their former life if so? Do they need to eat, sleep, or rest? If not, how aren't they the dominant species? Maybe since channelers are so good at fucking up undead, they keep the skellies in check. Would a good skelly cleric heal life, undeath, or both? Would this clerical dominance over skellies result in slavery?

Ogres. MtGs Hidetsugu really caught me off guard with an intelligent ogre that knew how to throw his weight around. Still one of my favorite Characters today.

The fact that he killed his god, blind, then took said gods place place on that plane just makes him fell pretty bad ass.

I really like the dodomeki.
People with eyes all over the place.
Just think about how hard it is to move!

I'm actually inetersted in a race of opele that have orange peel in place of skin.

It's a tie between goblins and fae for me, bonus points if they're linked in the setting

Nothing is great about them, they're literally a meme race that can't be taken seriously. To the human mind skeletons can be morbid when used right, but it's really easy to make them look like idiots, and so are every attempt to insert them in a fantasy setting.

Telling us to post something that's already done doesn't help us as a whole. We need to make new memes or we'll go the way of Star Wars.

>skeletons top pick
This meme needs to end

Man, having sex with one would be really strange. Not to mention the man needing to be very careful not to poke an eye by accident.

Playing a undead race that looks skeletal is the gear. For a while it was the norm then every thing was trying to be new and not use the iconic tropes like pointy wizard hats and grill knight helmets. Now it seems people are going back to these iconic looks. And in my opinion a skull in a hood/helmet/head gear looks more interesting for a undead race then a zombie that would juat looks like a gooey messed up human.

Am I drunk on jelly?

I just don’t find them appealing.

Also should I be checking these digits? I honestly can’t tell.

Papyrus from Undertale.

To me they seem like a better replacement for gnomes and halflings, frankly. Pastoral midgets halfway between elves, dwarves and humans, and these ones at least look visually distinctive.

Holy shit that bear is cool

Because skeletons can fit an absurdly wide variety of tones without seeming out of place. Unlikely hero, likely hero, comic relief, grimdark, etc. Skeletons are just pure, distilled fun in nearly any form they're in without having to carry the kind of baggage the other catch-all races have.

That's because they're not fleshed out at all.

I really really like this picture!

Skeletons, but Asheron's Call skeletons. Where they have emo haircuts and are on fire.

warforged. I love my robros.

Though my actual choice wasn't up there: Catfolk

TES showed me how wonderful they can be after twenty seven bottles of heavy drugs.

>Undead number one
>Lizards number three
>Humans losing to Elves
>Dwarves tied with Thri-Keen and fucking Gnolls with 6 votes

>Genasi with zero votes

Oh wow, I'm reaching smug levels that shouldn't even be possible!

I know! I'm keeping this thread alive just so I can Screencap the final results and put that in a filename thread, and then continually Ass-blast any of the [Race], Fuck Yeah threads that are ever-present on the board.

I see what ya did there

Somewhat offtopic, but what's the best system for playing non-humanoids and other weird creatures?

Besides GURPS, I know GURPS is very good at it but no one actually plays.

Eclipse Phase has some great morphs but it's fairly limited and I don't feel they necessarily model them that well either. And again, no one plays EP.

I'd say Genesys with some tweaks. I was considering doing a Bunnies and Burrows supplement for the system.

i rememeber when we did mothfolk on Veeky Forums
Where did all worldbuilding threads go?

Fruit themed anime dryads?

Orcs yo

I've seen Veeky Forums flesh out several skeleton "races" in the past. Generally speaking they all seem to run on a few rules
1). Skeletons occasionally become animate on their own for unknown reasons
2). Natural "born" skeletons come about fully formed, with a full personality in place, but usually it isn't tied to their former life
3). Skeletons, although presumably functioning on some sort of magic, aren't themselves particularly adept at it (or even outright unable to do magic). No skeletons can make more skeletons, at least on purpose.
4). Skeleton "nations" usually have some animosity with living creatures, but are capable of peaceful relations if reciprocated.
5). Puns and memes

>Vampires
>Dwarfs
>Dark Elves

Who is this cock jock?

I used to run a Quest on /qst/, back before they were even removed from here.
1920's Jazz Age setting, typical mystery setting.
The main character was a Skeleton with a rat familiar named Maurice.
Skeletons in this setting were a race that had the innate ability to summon and play brass instrument based on their personality. It was obviously ripped from Mr. Skeltal memes, but I liked the aesthetic.

No! I am skeleton jelly!

Who is this spunk monk?

Gnomes, and not the tinker veriety.
I like them as a comedic dwarf with a napoleon complex.

Really redundant

I was banned for posting less ass than op; it was also drawn and showed no asshole. It was pretty fucking stupid.

You arrogant prick!
Come down here an'say that to me face!
Think ye'better than me because yer a bit taller? I'll show ye'what!

>Also should I be checking these digits? I honestly can’t tell.
I'm not sure either. It does seem like something that should be recognized.

Why there's so much skeletons in the answers? Is this some sort of skeletal government's cyber attack perpetrated by bonehackers via automated form submission? WE DESERVE ANSWERS

t. fleshperson

Actually, you're one of our Sleeper agents. Secretly, inside of you, is a Skeleton.

one time I got a warning for posting monster art that featured titties, regardless of the fact that it's a very commonly posted image here and I got it from this board in the first place

kek

Right? I mean look at this thing:
Three repetitions of three times three times three. It has to mean something!

Maybe citrus pussy isn't as crazy as it sounds.

And "citrus" begins with the third letter of the alphabet and has six (3+3) letters.

This isn't humerus, oppressors.

>I can't fucking tug it to an orange

you don't belong here then

I know I could use some sauce.

OP here. Ignoring the inevitable HFY, here's the top 10 races:
>Skeleton
>Elves
>Lizardmen
>Minotaurs/Tauren
>Kobolds
>Tieflings
>Dwarves
>Orcs
>Warforged
>Thri-kreen
So, would you play in a setting with just these options besides human?

Skeleton isn't a race.

Tell that to Veeky Forums

Definitely.

>Maybe citrus pussy isn't as crazy as it sounds.
It sounds delicious, actually.
I wonder if there would be other fruity flavors amond this race.

You didn't count both Warforged races together for 11, you bastard.

The fact that Warforged are tied with garbage Tieflings by itself is the worst travesty of the whole list.

Careful user, if you go any farther talking about Fucking a fruit then things could get gay.

> Four other anons voted spiderbro
Nice.

MODS=FAGS

some day you newfriends will learn that

Sell me on Thri-Kreen without resorting to you-know-what

Desert Mantis-people that make their own razor sharp weapons by petrifying their spittle and sand. Also they have four arms.