/SWG/ - From Umbara With Love Edition

Never let it be said that the Clone troopers didn't earn their due.

Previous: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
Other FFG Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ
Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

--- Latest News ---

> fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/22/cracking-the-metagame/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/23/racing-into-action/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/22/blizzard-assault/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/22/the-rebellion-is-born/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/2/20/the-duels-in-portland/

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/15189149
strawpoll.me/15189159
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>From Umbara With Love
Fuck you, literally nothing from Umbara involves love. Love is unknown in their miserable hellish society.

How many Jedi do you think got knocked up by troopers?

I didn’t know Rex posted on /swg/.

>I mean, while some people will dismiss it due to other aspects of the film, TLJ certainly shows something like that with the Raddus shields deflecting the turbolaser fire quite a ways away, but vulnerable to very close fighters.
That's a fair point actually.
>due to other aspects of the film
That's honestly probably why it never occurred to me
>but vulnerable to very close fighters.
But sadly does beg the questions of why doesn't the Raddus have MUCH more AA? Why doesn't every capital ship scramble fighters from the start?* And why doesn't the FO swarm the Raddus in fighters instead of only Kylo's wing?

*Okay this one can be explained by Kylo bombing the Raddus' hanger before they scramble and Hux being an idiot

No.
>energy weapons
Poe blows the AA with lasers and Kylo & squad blow everything but the Raddus hanger with lasers too. So lasers "can" get through in some parameters.
>high-speed kinetics
The fighter obviously can so... I mean it's space. They're not travelling faster or slower than a laser if they don't want to be.

I'd assume it's not the Gungan rule; it's (in nu-canon at least) Shields are X amount of distance from the shielded subject and if you're within that then go to town baby.

>Makes more sense than legends depictions of "fighters can just bypass/overpower shields" like in vidya
No? Legends has never really been consistent on shields. Video games included. Plenty treat shields as a second health bar you have to deplete before you can destroy anything/any section for real.

And I'd also say that arbitrarily letting some things through and not letting other things of the same size/nature through does not make more sense.

>Or not, this is the same film where the ISDs Turbolasers are firing in an Arc in space. So add it to the pile of subverted expectations.
I forgot about that. Hitting those home-runs Rian

If it's just a speed-thing, though, then why wouldn't torpedos and bombs plug straight through shielding? Or asteroids, for that matter.

>Hux being an idiot
Kylo's wingmen get shredded by the Raddus after their attack run, which is why that line of "we can't support you at that range" is a thing

Where else would I post?

Space /k/, I guess? I dunno, I wasn't really expecting a follow-through.

>why doesn't the Raddus have MUCH more AA?

Manpower? It's been converted to run with a much smaller crew, but autoturrets/CIWS were never a very highly capitalized technology in SW. This means every point-defense gun needs an asshole sitting in it and aiming.

Also fucking nobody in nucanon actually understands weapon systems anymore. Everything is either hilariously undergunned or Saxon levels of "how fucking many things are on this ship?". It's not an inherently new problem to films (Hi, Venator carry numbers) it's just that LFL is way more conservative with extra materials which might fill in gaps.

> Kylo & squad blow everything but the Raddus hanger with lasers too.

I believe the SFs engage the bridge with missiles at close range, they also can fire those.

>(Hi, Venator carry numbers)
I always thought those were "nuts to butts" every last inch used numbers, rather than the more typical service number

It's not a speed thing in TLJ since certain lasers are penetrating and slower ones aren't. Also again, it's space: only acceleration is different. So it either has to be a "frequency/payload" thing or a distance thing.

>Hux being an idiot
I meant in the first engagement where Canady says they should of been launched five minutes ago. But since you mentioned it, as for the second engagement; again, why is there only one wing of fighters? Even if the ISDs suffered heavy losses, Kylo's wing comes from the Supremacy, which we know has more fighters.

>Manpower? It's been converted to run with a much smaller crew, but autoturrets/CIWS were never a very highly capitalized technology in SW. This means every point-defense gun needs an asshole sitting in it and aiming.
...I guess... Although I don't think it had many AA guns built into it to begin with.

>believe the SFs engage the bridge with missiles at close range
Did they? I remember it being with lasers.They at least blew up the other parts of the Raddus with lasers.

I STILL say that the AND for the two types of interceptors is supposed to be an OR.

Still a lot, especially with room for servicing but not quite as many.

I really liked their starfighters and technology, which was just divergent enough to be fairly interesting

>nobody in nucanon actually understands weapon systems anymore
It was always kind of piss poor if I'm honest, course that doesn't have to apply to our RPG's as we just make shit up which isn't as fucking pants on head retarded.

>It was always kind of piss poor if I'm honest

True, but I feel like after some decades of accretion, there were some people who at least fucking tried to make sense. Since the Disney reboot, not much of that has reappeared despite them having some access to old minds.

Well, using my god-given powers as a GM as suggests, I would personally use the "Or" interpretation. It's still a large number, but does not strike me as such a massive departure, especially considering how space conscious a TIE/LN is.

And V Wings/etas are even smaller.

Eh, the V-Wing has smaller overhead, but the TIE wins out on length, and they seem very well proportioned for racking. And you should never use your full complement on Etas, those are basically Jedi only. The real problem is they can supposedly store that many V-19 Torrents, even though those have a wingspan like whoa, which translates to a LOT of overhead when landed.

>V-19 Torrents
Aren't they variable geometry fighters? Folded up, they're fairly narrow.

Still no Dawn of Rebellion PDF?

I figure the torrent compliment is nowhere near as large.

is this not space /k/? it is on the bingo card, after all

Cool your jets, someone said they were gonna post it on Sunday.

I'm still wondering where the Republic's tanks and walkers were during that battle.

Lot of the old D6 rpg writers where quite sharp and well researched, but for the most part I think its laziness that they're not hiring old NASA engineers or military advisers to just throw a thin veneer of 'yeah maybe that would work' to some of the vehicles and settings.
Long as it doesn't interfere with good stories and stuff I think it would add a fair bit, course SW was never a 'hard sci-fi' setting, but lets face it, its about "space fights" so a little bit of grounding never hurts.

Stop posting that ass mad hack hsaio.

>clone wars viewing guide removed from the op
I don't know when it happened but I thank whoever did it, fuck that gay ass thing.

It's the film that just keeps on giving

Those idiots wouldn't know a blaster from a slugthrower and most of 'em never served with the Republic and just lie and say they did. Scum (probably CIS too), all of them.

It's still sourced as one of the 192 options.

They do fold up, but "narrow" is debatable, and they also still require a lot of vertical space then. Compare to that D-7 Aethersprite in this shot.

>"space fights" so a little bit of grounding never hurts.

This is really all I ask. All of my grounding is from works like Star Wars, so when Star Wars makes me go "huh?" on itself I do see that as a slight problem. Shit like "26 point defense guns on a 7.5 km" ship and all that jazz. We don't have to go full Hsaio on it (I like his renders but he can be a little too focused on the realism and making sure literally everything has a greeble) but just, like, think about the fucking scales here.

Assmad Hack?

I mean he's got a bit of an ego and makes some changes I'm not a huge fan of but he's still got skills.

I do not remember that.

I think he replaces too MUCH greeble with fully rendered somewhat oversized turrets. I kinda like the smaller more hidden emplacements in misc greeble.

I'd agree. He definitely has a tendency to render with "THIS IS A FUCKING GUN" in mind, which can turn into "LOOK AT ALL THESE FUCKING GUNS".

If he was so good he would be working at ILM instead of being a passive aggressive shitter that complains about every new design the nu-canon produces.

How come there were no female clone troopers? Didn't the Republic care about diversity?

Millions of people with the exact same genes procreating can cause some problems.

Clones are sterile

I only remember him shitting on the Pizza slice. (A design so bad its own artist discreetly and politely washed his hands of it by saying Rian DEMANDED it be totally flat) Didn't he compliment the standard FO destroyer/Battlecruiser?

The republic didn't commission the army.

Orly?

Do you think X-Wing will ever get hybrid upgrade slots like Armada? Like say, a Crew+System upgrade, or something.

Pablo says they’re literally his wife’s kids. Cut came along after they were born. Which makes sense, since the Clone Wars only lasted 3 years and those kids were obviously older than 3.

>Don't ever clone me or my wife's son ever again

The issue is, with these 60 year old TIEs, they conquered the Galaxy. Doubt NK could conquer the world with its 60 year old MiGs.

HEY KATHY! Man you post here so much, if you stick around longer your shitty movies can possibly be slightly less shitty because they wouldn't have you forcing their agenda onto them.

There is not a single good design in the new movies. I can put up a strawpoll and you'll find this out for yourself.

strawpoll.me/15189149
strawpoll.me/15189149
strawpoll.me/15189149

If yes, post below. Genuinely interested on if you like the recolored TIE Fighter or the ugly as shit Resurgent.

nigger

>He doesn't like Kylo's Tie

>squished TIE Interceptor

What is there to like?

Whoa hold up now dude. Rey’s speeder and blaster pistol from TFA are pretty nice. And Snoke’s throne room is classic Star Wars design. I’m not saying it’s even mostly good but saying it’s 100% shit makes us look like irrational grogs

The Resurgent, T70, TIE silencer, Ninka and Raddus all look great nostalgia faggot. Go Jack off to naboo star fighters or shitty overrated ISDs.

I'm talking solely ship designs, I should've clarified it better to be honest. Personally I like the FO uniforms.

strawpoll.me/15189159
strawpoll.me/15189159
strawpoll.me/15189159

Why would I be the nostalgiafag? You're the one jacking off to rehashed old designs. Raddus is a standard MC80, T-70 is just T-65 made retarded, Silencer is a squished TIE Interceptor, Resurgent looks like plain trash. Ninka is a Hammerhead Cruiser put vertically.

>T70 is better more modern t65
>Silencer is a better more modern interceptor
>Resurgent is a 100 times better than a ISD
>Ninka looks amazing and nothing like a hammerhead
You are blinded by Disney hate OTfag despite Disney having zilch to do with Star Wars except for production and marketing. Lucasfilm and KK is in charge of Star Wars

>KK is in charge of Star Wars
From his first part, this seems to be the thing he's assmad about

WE CAN BREED WITH TWI-LEKS?

Okay this false flagging is too far

Holy shit this is how I can tell you're a Disney shill.

This is admiral Biatch to base count. It seems, the stormtroopers have gone on strike, and I have no experience with this type of shit. Who should I call for help?

I like the Tie-Silencer. That's about it.

Hey Fuck you! the N-1 is great

See I hate every single "ship" but some of the fighters are nice.

The Ninka is okay but could be better, the Resurgent is good, not quite a classic ISD or a Venator good, but very close. The Raddus is lifted straight out of Legends so it doesn't count.

That Gallofree-KDY Transport Frigate hybrid however was a very good design.

I personally really dislike the T-70's "Intake" retrothruster hemispheres.

FO had good uniforms yeah, I liked their engineer/gunner guys a ton, though not really the stormtrooper armor.

INTENSIFY CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS

>Interceptor but someone stepped on it

The Raddous is literally the Mediator/Viscount designwise

>T70 is better more modern t65
>Silencer is a better more modern interceptor
>Resurgent is a 100 times better than a ISD
>Ninka looks amazing and nothing like a hammerhead

>NINKA LOOKS AMAZING AND NOTHING LIKE A HAMMERHEAD

I like the Silencer and the Ninka corvette. Both of them look familiar, tying back to previous designs, but like they've gone through some iterations and improvements since.

And? It's still good. Only bitchin' sequence of the movie

Eh I really like the "GR-75 meets Nebulon B but the baby looks more like a recusant" ship a lot.

The Ninka's extended midsection and bomb-spars looks kinda ugly.

The Ninka looks like a sad Hammerhead. It doesn't work for me personally

That looks good in that picture but I don't remember it looking that good in the movie, in fact I thought it was just a Nebulon-B

People don't actually think there's any difference between the T-65 & T-70 do they? It's just a paint job and the engines going from Smiley emoji to sleepy emoji. There's no other difference.

There's also the point cost, movement dial, upgrade slots, and pilot cards.

I don't even remember it existing in the movie.

Shut up nerd

I don't understand a word you're shipfags saying. It's all spaceships to me.

Apparently it dies first and was designed so late it didn't even get a cross section.

Black guy sitting in the Home-One chair. I think his ship was the last one to bite it.

Why couldn't droids stay behind?
If it's out of fuel why did anyone need to stay behind for the first two ships

It's literally a modded out Corvette. I mean, I suppose it looks like a hammerhead in the same way that a hammerhead looks like a corvette, but I didn't complain when the hammerhead was a thing either.

That's actually what I like about it. It makes it look jury-rigged on a budget.

And it's reasons like this why TFA was the laziest design-wise

>There's no other difference.
proton torpedo launchers are also further back from the nose on the T-70.

How would you even notice that?

The engine mouths are just too smooth and barren of details. If they'd kept the middle spar from the McQuarrie design they were Homaging they'd have looked 100% better. Not quite T-65 but better by far.

i am *extremely* autistic, friend

Well, I guess we needed someone to be

Have they even fired a proton torpedo from a T-70 in the films yet?

>Stop
NO!

Tech is a really slow thing in Star Wars, its an old galaxy with 20k odd years of recorded history and space travel, so from their perspective maybe 60 years isn't really such a long time. They might throw in some variants like the one with a suicide seat, update or refine a few things over time, but for the most part they probably figure it'll do.
Sure they might be slightly envious of some 'better' starfighters and they might be able to cobble a couple together a couple of specials on the side, but like NK- they're under sanctions and just got to get your dirty dick beaters on whatever you can to fill a gap.

Poe fires a bunch of them during the Starkiller Base run. I think he actually shot off like 8 or 10 of them in all.

The Porgs are unironically the best design from TLJ and I want to see more Porgs in future Star Wars installments.

Alrighty then. That explains that

If you're talking about the FO, then I'm pretty sure they didn't "conquer" the galaxy so much as win through mass surrender thanks to the scare from Starkiller Base and the entire galaxy losing its balls in the interbellum period.

>but like NK- they're under sanctions and just got to get your dirty dick beaters on whatever you can to fill a gap.
But they're portrayed as a galactic superpower that just conquered the Galaxy, not as a North Korea. If they were just some tinpot warlord state that's an underdog, it fits, but they literally took over the Galaxy with the shittiest fighter in-universe next to the Z-95, the TIE/LN.

Opening crawl literally says the NR is over and the FO has taken over everything. Blowing up one fleet and that's that. No planets going 'hey we don't like where this is going', no various other cultures across the Galaxy opposing it, no other Imp Remnants disagreeing with getting calls from the grandkid who is essentially the Horus of the Galactic Empire. Nope. It's just renamed Empire vs renamed Rebels.

You're clearly mentally deficient.
Crystal foxes are the best.

>with the shittiest fighter in-universe next to the Z-95, the TIE/LN.
neither of those were actual bottom-tier fighters, there are plenty worse.
Worst fighters that are still meaningfully competitive on the grand scale? sure

>Opening crawl literally says the NR is over and the FO has taken over everything. Blowing up one fleet and that's that. No planets going 'hey we don't like where this is going', no various other cultures across the Galaxy opposing it, no other Imp Remnants disagreeing with getting calls from the grandkid who is essentially the Horus of the Galactic Empire. Nope. It's just renamed Empire vs renamed Rebels.
The NuRepublic had jack shit for a military since it demobilized most of its assets between trilogies and its leadership was pretty much compromised from the get-go by FO infiltrators. It lacked the spine, military, and conviction to put up a fight in the first place. Yeah, surrender is the most likely choice for the NuRepublic.

It's stated in the movie itself that the FO is weeks away from victory.

I dislike all of the capital ships, the Resistance bombers, and the Upsilon, but,

>TIE/fo
>TIE/sf
>T-70 X-Wing
>RZ-2 A-Wing
>TIE Silencer

Are all okay in my book. Are they particularly imaginative? No, but I like them.

Also, you seem to specify ST, but as far as Rogue One goes, I am in deep love with the U-Wing, and the TIE Reaper and TiE Striker are pretty decent, too.