I know this shit has been shilled like a mother fucker on here but i need some info from those more experiences than I...

I know this shit has been shilled like a mother fucker on here but i need some info from those more experiences than I on this topic.

I am two cards away from completing a deck and those two cards are scalding tarn. I do not want to spend 120$ atm for these and I dont really feel like being patient to gather the funds.

So I am looking to black clore proxies especially those 6.0s that just came out.

So my questions are

When side by side to a real card what is the tell? Card feel? Flicking sound? Fuzzy print?

Can you tell they are fake through the sleeves? Even if double sleeved?

Who makes the best proxys?

>inb4 poor fag

I just need some info and any answer to those questions helps

Wow, the proxy threads are back.

poorfag detected. run off color fetches :^)

Im not shilling

And im not a poorfag just 120$ on these fuckers just doesnt sound so appealing to me. How is that such a difficult concept to grasp?

if you don't want to make a good investment in your hobby that's on you. proxies are not the solution, also I feel like this is shilling eks dee

Assuming you don't mind waiting, just use a handmade proxy right now and wait for the next reprint. As stupid as it is to pay a shitload of money for cardboard, it's even more idiotic to pay some shady dude for worthless cardboard.

It is on me youre right

So whats wrong with asking about some info on those who have made a similar decision?

I mentioned that i dont have the patience to wait and id like a good proxy bc i dont have the intentions on buying the tarns

Its my last deck to build then im out of this game i just dont want to spend this last 120$ on my final build. Thats all there is to it.

$120 then you're out? man you have shit reasoning for wanting proxies.

Honestly wtf does it matter what i want them for? Can a nigga get some fucking info on them or what? Lol

>proxies are not the solution

They literally are though. They exactly fix the core of the problem.

people not wanting to invest into their hobby is a bigger problem IMO. expensive cards are bad yes but when you understand WHY they're expensive you come to accept it, bite the bullet or just whinge and shitpost about it because you're either a poorfag or look for any good excuse to bitch about it on here.

Im not investing into a company that polices wtf i say, will ban me if i dont agree with their every word and method, does absolutely nothing to stop sexual predators from infiltrating the game, and lastly has a very serious problem with alterior agendas and motives.

Thats how capitalism works and should work

I dont want to support wotc but im still going to play the fucking game.

So what ever the reason OP wants proxies for there are a hundred more valid ones that a person can add to them.

hi jeremy

Not Jeremy

Hate the guy but fuck man how does no one else have a problem with what WOTC is doing.. i mean have you guys not heard about jace being a fag..?

Doesnt that bother anyone? At all?

Get from VZ.

then go find someone who will listen to your whinging, because WOTC sure as shit won't :^)

not sure why everyone in this thread are acting like little bitches but as an ACTUAL response to OP, unless you are using the deck for tourny play why does it matter if its a good proxy or not, as long as you have all the relevant card info on something roughly card shaped and in a sleeve it shouldn't be an issue unless the people you are playing against are either super serious (read autistic) about your deck. If it IS for tourny play however and you plan on using this deck to win money and other cards worth money then I would either consider finding other cards to substitute for a similar effect or if they are actually that important just coughing up the 120 sheckles and using the deck to win enough money to make up for it. Also protip just print out and paste the image of the card onto a land for the best looking and feeling proxy. Or print it on cardstock desu~

>WoTC
>doesnt listen to whinning

What world do you live in?

Wow. I need Gisa for my necro deck. Really puts things into perspective.
120$ going on about $20? Shit. I'm buying the bitch.

Do plan on tourney play hence the i dont want to be patient part

I just need them to be pretty passable

There are ones that are near identical but the average passable proxy will at least have a tone difference so either never let someone compare them to real cards, get good at bluffing or only play with idiots.

..what?

see the ':^)' for reference, dumbass.

Thank you for your contribution

Oh okay thanks a fucking emoji really does so well at passing what you trully meant and how you meant it.

Fucking fag.

>calling any generic smiley an emoji
normie detected

Doesnt change the fact that youre a faggot.

Money issues, friend.

isn't jace going to the bone zone with vraska soon atm?

>expensive cards are bad yes but when you understand WHY they're expensive you come to accept it

Are you retarded or something? ARTIFICIAL SCARCITY. That is the reason, the ONLY reason any of them are expensive. Pure artificial scarcity. It's a scam, 100%, and you're acting proud for letting yourself be scammed? The fuck is wrong with you?

Magic has always been a con-job. Every "collectible" game has. If this game was honest, every expansion would simply come in a box that includes a playset of every card. No randomness involved. That playset would cost about $60-$70 which is enough to turn a reasonable profit after the expenses. How do I know? Because there's tons of games out there that operate like that. Honest games.

It's literally a fucking scam and you act like people should just let themselves be scammed forever. There is no valid reason why a piece of cardboard should ever cost more than a few cents.

desu i would be fine with paying box price for playsets of every card

>ARTIFICIAL SCARCITY.

This. People who say "but m-m-muh stamps!!" don't understand shit, this is completely different stuff: Karn doesn't cost 90$ because it's rare, but because people play it AND Wizard does not want to reprint it to death. Doesn't want, but COULD.

Because that's the catch: on the exact moment a company is willing to reprint collectibles, there's no reason for this collectibles to cost anything more than a few bucks.

Fuck Magic and fuck shillers. Including you, who's about to respond to this post.

>investment
>in bits of cardboard of arbitrary value backed by essentially nothing
I have a bridge to sell you

But the people that make the hobby don't get a cent of that. The only thing you're supporting by ''''''''''''investing'''''''''''' is the long term value of resale cards, which, unless you are somebody who is already in that market, makes abso-fucking-lutely zero difference to you in the best case, actively fucks over the future you in the worst case

There is literally no reason that the average player wouldn't want to drive all card prices into the fucking ground by proxying the shit out of them

mentally ill bucket crabs like you are the reason why wotc can get away with their retarded business practices

if you know about Veeky Forums and know about proxies you have the skills to find out where to buy them without making shitposts on Veeky Forums

I literally just needed some info on proxies. Lol

But i would love to buy box price for entire sets the problem would however still exist. Artificial scarcity is really only partially artificial

They cant reprint every expensive card especially after printing box playsets like you propose. They cant keep printing the same card over and over again while they make new sets and playset boxes

What needs to be done is as soon as a card hits over 20$ for at least a week they should print a whole of that card and just inject them into the market

The second problem is LGS’s they would go under at a moments notice if this were the case

People play cards and sure this makes them expensive and the quantity goes down which makes price go up . Wotc prints it then prices go down and ppl buy them out then prices go up again. They simply cant reprint the same cards every year they have new shit to print and other things to do as well so i understand why prices are up.

I just want two fucking proxies.

Dude you dont know Veeky Forums.. ppl ask for advice all the fucking time. Its not as big of a deal as your sandy vagina is making you feel like it is

just shitposting then, gotcha

Fucking lol

You are literally doing what youre claiming that i am

Fucking idiot

i bought black core and blue core proxies on aliexpress. the cards are cheap but they take a while to ship. blue core ones i got look horrible. black core proxies i got look really good but still very obvious. you could disguise them in dirty sleeves or something but i would not do that. the are not that good. my two cents

>I just want two fucking proxies.

then just get them. i'm 100% on your side but you're being stupid now. basic googling would tell you who can sell you passable proxies for cheap.

posting here about proxying is pointless because there are people here who have broken brains and have spent literal thousands of dollars on cardboard under the assumption that said cardboard has some inherent value. when you talk to them about proxying, it fractures their minds, already tired from all the mental gymnastics, and they get upset. it makes them feel bad about spending so much money on cardboard. they will make various arguments about supporting wotc and investing in your hobby and so on, but those are mere rationalizations, and it essentially comes down to crab mentality. if they had to spend a thousand dollars on a deck, now you have to spend that same amount as well, or else it's unfair.

You are right senpai

Goodbye all

Make all four proxies. Unless your opponent picks up your card to inspect it and has a good idea what to look for, he won't be able to tell they're proxies. They're easy to spot when taken out of the sleeves, but I have never heard of that happening.

Villa Zheng on youtube.

Oh. OP is building the deck and selling it.
Just knock over a corner store if you're going to steal from someone

>When side by side to a real card what is the tell?

>Card feel?
Extreme yes. The surface of a proxy is almost always very different to touch. It's a very distinct difference.

>Flicking sound?
Somewhat yes, but less noticeably.

>Fuzzy print?
Not often. Proxies look decent, at least.

Another big one is the glossiness, or how light reflects off/shines on the card. Proxies can never seem to get this right.

Literally almost nobody will notice if it is sleeved and the proxy is good. People aren't really looking for that stuff when playing MTG, and everybody knows what a fetch does so hardly anybody would pick it up to look at it from across the table.

You know thinking about it $100 and it gets you 2 copies of every card in the city, and includes a premade deck and 10 basic lands of every type, the randomness factor can remain with foils
If you were super serious about magic you could buy 2 boxes and have a full set
Or trade the cards you want so it still remains a traditional trading card game, while giving wizards more money and reducing the numberof fakes on the market

Hell if they did something like this it would get me back into magic

How am I going to draft then?
i.e the most fun format in magic.

Paying 120 dollars for two pieces of cardboard is not a "good" investment.

This would be super legit if wotc. Didnt print so many butt fuck useless shit into every set.

Because with all this useless shit youre badically paying 200$ for a playset of a single card if thats the method they went with

>investment
You're making it sound like you want to make money off of this.

This is why prices are high. People wanting to make money, not because they want to play.

I finally got the balls to buy 4 sets of 6.0 for 200 bux. Was it a stupid move? All I want is to be able to play at muh LGS and have social interaction instead of going months on end without speaking to another human.

I mean... It might have been cheaper to just buy what you needed rather than 4 sets.

I dont think playsets of the fetches/shocks and 4 bobs/snaps and 4 lily's and a bunch of other staples are less than 200

Do you need playsets of every fetch/shock to build your deck?

I mean I might change my mind so it's nice to have around.

Jace has turned from a soyboy faggot into a actual alpha male in the last few sets, so you're a retard and cheating is bad.

The guy he replied to talked about it as if it was an investment.

lmfao at all the shills in this thread being against proxies to preserve some bullshit "sanctity" in a "collectible" card game that outside of the reserved list will be worth jack shit the moment Wizard's decides to ban something or reprint it into oblivion to earn more shekels for their Hasjew overlords.

The absolute easiest way to tell if a card is fake is by feel, none of the fakes i have seen feel real.

They don't look obvious, but autists can still tell, and even if they can't calling out an opponent for using fake cards costs an opponent nothing and might get them a free win, so you may experience it anyway.

If you get b&hammered then you can't play anymore. I don't think the risk is worth it if you are the type of player that really likes the game and has been playing competitively for a while.

Its a good idea if you don't really care about magic (but why would you go through all this effort if you didnt?) or if you don't care too much about competitive and just wanted to try out different constructed formats.