Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/gjyHzRMN
app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/6038267/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Liking attractive women, drinking, never pulling out

The works

Does a Dragon Disciple with Crossblooded (Draconic/Orc) Bloodlines progress both bloodlines when he levels up Dragon Disciple, or only the Draconic bloodline?

It doesn't specify that it only advances the dragon bloodline, so it would advance both as written.

1. It'd be quicker to list the Vices he *doesn't* have.

2. Fair maidens, rotgut rye, and pain.

3. Sleeping in, good food, yaoi, money, soft beds, and cute boys that don't know they're cute.

>Does your character have any vices?
She loves her fine pipe tobacco.

Thank you!

check with your GM before you make any assumptions.

She adores food, drink, and pleasures of the flesh way too much

Is this /pfg/ in a nutshell?

Definitely! Will do!

you forgot dogfuckers and lewdfags

Has anyone tried to join the Fallen Kingdom game on r20? The application requirements are.. interesting.

> join discord and convince people to play with you

No, it's actually worse.

Will War for the Crown just devolve into "Jade Regent, but without the road trip or """"exotic"""" flavor"?

No. I'm expecting more something between Ironfang Invasion and Council of Thieves. The real villain comes in long about book 5, and from there on the conflict is not about Taldor, Qadira, getting Eutropia enthroned, or anything else it was advertised as.

All you hoped for will be shoved into a "Continuing the Campaign" section in book 6. One paragraph each.

To be honest, that's what I want. Minimal politics outside of dumb jokes, all adventure.

I admire his cojones, at least.

Why have most of the recent games from high profile posters (Argentum, Vult, etc.) been bamboozles?

poor apps

I feel like I should write a bit about "This is what your backstory should include"

Yes? No?

How much of a bitch is Pharasma? I mean, let's say you've got the following situation:
>dude is a follower of a normally good god (for the sake of this example, Erastil)
>dude is in the wrong place at the wrong time one night and gets turned into a vampire
>upon realization of his vampirism, dude goes fucking loony and devolves into feral beastdom, no longer in control of his own mind
>a group of plucky adventurers find him and slay him
>he ends up in Pharasmas court

So in this scenario, does he get to go on to Erastil's afterlife, or does his turning to undead negate his entry because he was undead, even though it wasn't by choice?

There just aren't enough quality players to support more games.

Burn out. GMs start games they don't really want to run, while perfectly fine applications are tossed aside as trash. No player can meet their expectations.

Haven't been to Veeky Forums in a while, is this the new Pathfinder General thread style?

If so, I have a question. How do you go about finding a game where the DM will actually let you use third party classes? Some of these look pretty neat and interesting, I literally never see DMs allow anything other than core, base, hybrid, and sometimes PoW.

It's really frustrating, I want to try new stuff, dammit.

I find a /pfg/ game

1. Bad apps. I mean Argentum's game was full of just bad apps, very little appealing.

2. For Vult its his autistic failure to convey what he wants and expecting people to read his autistic mind.

3. A lot of people are in games and don't want to app

Like games like SCoT happened and had an array of solid apps so its not that there's no players, its that GMs are pitching shit premises or being autistic.

>games like SCoT happened and had an array of solid apps
Don't remind me
It's entirely beyond me (Well, not really) why some of those apps didn't get in, like Marcus was by far my most favorite. Of course he got snubbed because he wasn't furry.

I liked Marcus too but I think he was competing heavily with Lunaris for that particular archetype slot.

Not hard to see why only one got picked.

They dumb, nigga

Granted.
But then what about Niklaus? Ignoring the triple app of Trist, Ciel and Akai, why did he not win out over someone like Nikare or Crystal? It's fucking stupid.

I dunno. Niklaus doesn't speak that much to me. In a lot of ways it reads as an app thats trying too hard to push its way into a world rather than being part of a world.

Personally, I get why Nikare got in, that app was a winner because it carved out its own niche.

Not really sure why Crystal got in myself, but you can't always read DM intention in these things.

>SCoT

Wasn't that the one that even Rory skipped out on?

No its the one he deleted his app from after being told it was shit by a random user.

It honestly wasn't that bad. Uninspired and bored more than anything else

That is bad tho

Do it.

Do people ever recruit in /pgg/, or do I need to hope for a specifically /pfg/ thread to pop up?

Going TWF and making a character that is a self-styled Dragonslayer/Dragonaboo (specifically Linnorms, but he's willing to slay other types of dragons too)
Main hand weapon is a whip, what should his offhand be? Or would some other weapon work for a character who's styles themselves off of Linnorms?

/pgg/ is /pfg/, i refuse to call it otherwise.

And they do recruit, yes

Are you an expert, user? Are you selected for a lot of games?

A lot of bamboozles

It's not like I'm going to talk about the secrets of "Just be friends with the DM ahead of time man, lmao"

It was okay. The bare minimum of effort. Bad would have just ignored the setting entirely

A Young Dragon is only Medium? What a cute dragon.

If you're not first, you're last.

If being first means being in a /pfg/-recruiting game with autists, I'd rather be dead last

I'll be autistic all over your face user-chan

pastebin.com/gjyHzRMN

tl;dr : this is a cooperative game so bring something to the table

That dragon is about the size of a large dog, and when it stands up it's about as big as you.

Is Forrest kill

yes

Please don't

Not bad, user.

Ugh, I need some gay shit in my pathfinder, pronto. Are there any good-looking games recruiting where I could just cut loose and go full homo?

Try checking the LFG threads on the Paizo Messageboards, I'm sure you'll find plenty of gay stuff there

Would a Privateer Bushi Warlord (kitsune) be as great as my gut is telling me or am I retarded

Well, the thought process that idea took me on was a the idea of a Kitsune version of Cheng I Sao, so you're doing something right.

Mechanically? Sure. In terms of roleplaying/characterization? Unless you're trying to go for a Renard the Fox deal, probably not

>Privateers don't regain maneuvers from gambits
Fuck, might have to scrap this. I got all excited thinking I could combine salt in the wound with dirty trick gambit and weeb out while spamming thrashing dragon and mithral current maneuvers.

While you're right, I'll point out that Bushis can recover maneuvers like mad as soon as they hit level 6. I don't think it'll be a problem.

>1. Bad apps. I mean Argentum's game was full of just bad apps, very little appealing.
What's wrong with the doggy?

app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/6038267/

I see. I'll try building this out and see if I can grab everything I want, thanks for the input.

>Step 4 : Basic editing rule of thumb : you wrote twice as much as you needed to, cut it down to size.
I'm so guilty of this.

How do I stop writing so much filler fluff?

Well you would be a kitsune, so yes you're definitely fucking retarded.

Playing Starfinder, we found a planet of gold and the natives have kindly filled our ship with some, we practically can buy whatever we want.

We're also level one. What's worth grabbing this early on?

Start by buying Spain

I fully recommend buying the best armor and weapon you can afford. That shit is good for your health.

Considering I'm level 1 I think I already did with my starting wealth. I suppose I could get an energy weapon for when an enemies EAC is lower than their KAC.

In general, good energy weapons are wrth more than projectile weapons, due to bypassing damage reduction and having the next best thing to no expense for refilling on ammo, but it's always wise to have a solid projectile weapon as a backup. You can become immune to fire or electricity, but I've yet to meet a creature immune to massive kinetic impact.

I'd like to imagine she weighs your life and your accomplishments when determining your afterlife. I have no proof for that, it just makes my character feel better about worshipping her.

Depends on the GM.

I would assume that if he was unwillingly turned, he would either have a chance to go on to Erastil's corner of Heaven, or he would simply be reincarnated.

Has anyone tried using Starfinder for an X-Com like experience?

I'm tempted to build a star system that's in an early stage of colonization; basically people are just colonizing and setting up deep space stations near the edge of their system and haven't discovered Drift tech yet when an alien menace starts attempting to infiltrate or outright attack the inhabitants.

I just don't know if anyone has tried it or what people's thoughts would be.

Would you guys still play Starfinder if the more exotic weapons and armors were only available as late-campaign options?

I'm worried I would be gutting the game for some of my players.

Hell, I'd play that. But I'd be willing to play basically any Starfinder game at this point, because I've been wanting to try it for months.

A decent app is a sea of trash does not a party make

is there a trait/feat that lets you use dex instead of str for your cmb?

The soul departs the body when he gets turned into a vampire. Anything after that is irrelevant.

That sounds distinctly like headcanon.

Agile Maneuvers

Next campaign I'm playing in, I'm using the Beastmastery sphere as a conscript.

My DM has ruled that "You may also tame mindless creatures of the ooze, plant, or vermin type, bypassing any immunity to mind-affecting effects granted by the their type." from the Broad Skills talent is too powerful, and I can't tame oozes or plant creatures at all.

Similarly, in the Beastmaster archetype for Hunters has this at level 14: "Any creature not of the animal type with animal intelligence (Intelligence 1 or 2) and any mindless plants or vermin have a starting disposition of at least indifferent and will not attack the beastmaster or her allies within close range unless commanded to or attacked by the beastmaster or her allies first."

This is also "too powerful" and banned.

The party also has

>The party also has
a bog standard Vancian Wizard. This is ruled as perfectly fine.

How fast should I nope out of this game?

Appreciate it.

You might have to limit the races available at the start also unless you change some names or something to justify them being from that home system.

As for the weapons and armor, just use the sfrpgtools dot com gear generators to have some variety. Be careful though as some of the combos it comes up with doesn't make sense all the time. Starjammersrd has one also for weapons only but doesn't give prices.

Making a Weird West themed "Dungeon" for this high level game, the boss being a party of 6 L15 characters I make, and the lower level posse they acquired. For the Party of 6 i'm making magic weapons for each of them. the Sherrif's weapons are a brace of Revolvers named Dessa & Troy (Seeking, Shadowshooting, Sonic Boom) Revolvers
here's the party;
Sherrif Proudstar (Human, LG, Gunslinger - Pistolero Archetype)
Deputy Johnson (Human, LG, Wizard - Spellslinger Archetype)
Father Price (Human, LG, Cleric)
Father Cash (Human, LG, Paladin - Holy Gun Archetype)
Cloud Runner (Elf, CG, Ranger - Skirmisher Archetype)
Follows-The-Wind (Elf, CG, Rogue - Scout Archetype)
Cloud's weapon will be a bow, cause duh, and Follows' weapon will be a pair of throwing axes with returning and other appropos enchantments
Price will be wielding a Revover in his off hand, Sacred so it's his holy symbol, and a war club in his main hand. Cash will have a revolver as well without enchantments cause Holy Gun gives him shit.
my issue is the fuck do I give the Deputy as his gun? as a Spellslinger, his gun acts as his arcane bond

OPPARA
P
P
A
R
A

Are there any races that give +2 strength, +2 charisma, and darkvision?

demon-blooded tiefling
Angel-blooded Aasimar
Suli
Moroi-Born Dhampir

Ah, right, I forgot about all the options those races get. Thanks, mate.

Going by Starfinder, an azlanti colony survived and thrived on New Thespera. That means they exist parallel to Pathfinders timeline too right, but don't have Drift technology yet. So, would an invasion of Golarion from New Thespera using portals or some other magical means be plausible as a campaign idea?

mean yeah, if you want to have sci fi versus fantasy i guess.

It's less that they don't have drift technology and more that the Drift doesn't even exist yet. That said, yeah, works perfectly fine.

Nah, meant more in the stage when the azlanti on thespera are on before going sci fi, so essentially like facing a miniature Azlanti in its arcane glory

ah

It's how undead work, traditionally. Feel free to point out something that states otherwise.

Burden of proof. You're the one that stated a position. Prove it or fuck off.

Cool, thanks. Guess I'll have to wait for someone to recruit for a game.

you're always gunna write it, just go in and chop it out

Where should I look for people to play with when I'm trying to learn the rules better? I'm okay with meeting up but I can't find any groups here.

Just go over the rules repeatedly like an autist and then when someone in a game confronts you over not knowing the rules, pretend you mixed up the rules from some extremely obscure ttrpg.

I'm personally at a point where I'd just ask if I can watch a game, take notes and ask/read about those things instead.

How do I increase the damage of my Mystic Bolts outside deadly aim/Jolly stuff. Even with the buffs they still seem pretty deficient/strictly worse than guns.

Arcane Strike, spells that apply bonuses to BOTH attack/damage rolls, the one spell that gives rounds/level Sneak Attack... Reminder that if you can't use Jollylock, you're just a shittier wizard that can use iteratives with a Cantrip +1.