Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2090: Premium Companions For Novice Jumpers Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OncoaXvav0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=4hpEnLtqUDg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Posting again for new thread, Drop-in perks done.

Whatever happened to the imaged Momodora Jump? I can't find it in the Drive.

Which jumps can I pick up some JS & JC waifus?

>I have never heard of that jump, but alright.
I haven't read it, but I've heard of it. It's by the person who writes The Gamer. There is a timestop every night and the protagonist goes into a dungeon, and does dungeon stuff to get points he can spend in a shop for powers. That is his entire power, and everything else he has he bought in the shop. Equipment, stats, powers, etc.
So I'm guessing the prices are a lot cheaper than in your jump's Achievement store.

>I could switch the Achievement Store to 600
That's fine. You could also make a non-upgrading fixed list, only works with Roused Classes shop part of The System, with the Capstone version able to add work with powers from earlier and later jumps.

If you are moving things around, think about moveing the Super Familiars perk into that Origin, if it is based on the MC, and the Dual Classed to general perks next to the Advanced Class, since it is more useful for any origin.

Or, I since I haven't read the story, is the MC a Dimensional Lord when he uses the hax summons? It may be related to the Dimensional Lords monster buying/breeding and controlling thing, and things like summoning people he knows of bands of followers is part of the dimensional lord powers, summoning your tenants and whatnot. In that case, don't have it as a perk at all.

Whats that supposed to mean?

Couldn't you unlock the dragon form with some tinkering, or maybe asking a dragon in-jump to do it?

A great companion for a new chain. He's even less hairy.

I asked my question too late last thread so I'll repost it
>What would you guys say the best canon companions are for low-powered Jumpers?

Not them, but in Japanese

JS is short for middle school students, and JC is short for elementary school students. JK would be high school.

Actually, sorry, goofed that up. JC is middle school, JS is elementary.

See SAO but take the fanfiction section to make it SAO Abridged. Take Klein from there. It is a better setting and a better Klein.

>ugh
That would make it page nine material

The achievement store only works for items, the skills and stat boosts he gets from it skill scrolls and stat up medicines.

It wouldn't work for powers from other settings unless that setting has abilities learn able with items in the same way.

Only one I have archived is not imaged.
Not even Black Background imaged

Alright, posting again! Added an item for Level Appropriate Gear, explained in more detail the difference between standard and advanced classes, and removed the rule on buying unique items from the achievement store.

If there's any more feedback or questions, please let me know. If there aren't any, is this like, good to go on the drive? I don't know how google drive works really.

>best canon companions are for low-powered Jumpers?
Supernaturally loyal and competent ones, either with Fiat Loyalty (Custom NPC, Lunar mate Akuma) or design a companions with who think your status as jumper is something unique and worthy of devotion. Someone who would be willing to take a bullet tp save your live, and help you resolve drawbacks within a jump.

Group Companions also work well here. Quantity can have a quality all its own.

>imaged Momodora Jump
Is it in a folder with the non-imaged jump?

Recommend me a good fairy tail fanfic.

Fairy Tail: The Complete Manga
I've secretly been hoping some one would write a jump based on this.

>removed the rule on buying unique items
What a PoS jumpmaker.

I mean, there's a lot of suggestions depending on what your tastes are.
is a pretty good one. Solid friend, even if you go Abridged. You should go Abridged.
youtube.com/watch?v=OncoaXvav0Q is another fun one. Determined, plucky, even rather noble in her own way. Plus the kink streak is rather wide which I personally think is a plus.
Rurouni Kenshin has some /really/ great Companions baked into certain perks as plot hooks for free! You can even treat them as followers if you really want. Tenchi is another one that does this, though for low powered you'd have to stick to the Slice of Life side.
I have a personal weakness for the girls of Night in the Woods for various reasons. But some of them are more of an investment than others.
And, while I know it's silly, I rather like Love is a Battlefield for offering up a fine assortment of lovely Companions while keeping things at generic fantasy world power levels.

As an additional note, if you can't find someone in the Fire Emblem series or My Hero Academia that you think would make a great Companion of one sort or another, you need to look again, because holy cow those properties are /rich/ in lower-end Companions.

Is that an actual fanfiction, or are you just acting like that the current jump isn't for the actual series because it doesn't cover everything?

>Quantity can have a quality all its own.
This is an understatement for a low powered jumper. Early on numbers can get alot more done then raw might.
Wise words.

Generic Magical Girl, Needless, Disgaea, Monogatari, and Fire Emblem: Awakening off the top of my head.

Tried to choose jumps with more legal options

Thanks

No problem. You've done some "excellent" work, as expected.

Drop-in perks look okay to me, they seem comparable to the other perklines. I'm not a big sentai fan, so I can't give much advice unfortunately.

>Timestop
Am I correct in guessing that whoever this is based off of still got their ass handed to them despite having a power that looks broken on paper?

>The achievement store only works for items
Yes, and those items include things that do increase your stats and give abilities. Don't know why you are pointing out a qubble here.

>It wouldn't work for powers from other settings unless that setting has abilities learn able with items in the same way.
The jump maker has said out of jump abilities can stand in for a System Class (you being a fire bender letting you use a fire scroll)
I'm saying make that part of the Achievement Store as a capstone, but a 'free' Achievement Store included as part of The System perk would not need to work that way. Only your class within the system would matter for use of scrolls and such. A Paladin wouldn't be able to use a scroll to create undead even if he was a necromancer in a different jump.

Asking again if Surpassing the Creator from NieR Automata would allow you to resist the mental influence from some Infernal Charms.

A crazy overpowered one who can carry your weak bitch ass.

I think this is what he was looking for? The creator said it was a WIP though, so dunno.

In jail, you sicko.

Adam Jensen. He's got a good, versatile set of abilities due to his augmentations, and he's the chief of security at a pretty big company so he should be pretty good at keeping you safe. In theory.

They transform and are then gunned down and forced to untransform before doing anything. Like less than a minute.

Yup, looks fine to me.

Tell me about hilarious misunderstandings that spiraled out of control.

So, on a scale of one to "you've doomed us all" how bad an idea would creating a Vortex centered on a Tomb Kings Tomb to speed up its magic gathering be?

Neat.

This gif has no audio, and yet I know exactly what music was playing behind it.

The current jump does not reflect the setting.
It is my belief jumps based on unfinished works should be considered special case WiPs and given similar protections on the drive.
Rather than the standard three month protected status, the protections would last until the source material is completed or evolved so much that it is no longer reflected in the existing WiP Jumpdoc.
The original (jump) author would have dibs on updating his or her work, but it could be picked up by another interested party like other abandoned incomplete jumps.

Fairly easy. Create/login to a google account, click the drive link, drag and drop your pdf to the uploads folder. If you update it more later, you can just upload it again.

If you have problems or don't want your account name linked to the pdf, I can throw it up there for you.

Comment on your jump
>The creator said it was a WIP though, so dunno.
I don't think that is a WIP anymore. Didn't it go through some text versions first so he didn't go to the trouble of imaging a WIP?

Explain what you mean by "Vortex."

Care to share for those of us who don't?

Tell me about a time you changed canon for a petty reason.

>Traveling the multiverse for eternity

Yeah, he is a cool guy. The tone of his voice is something I find odd though.

You know, like the Great Vortex prior pic related made to siphon the Winds of Magic out of the world and send it back to the Realm of Chaos so the Daemons would go back.

Only, designed to suck the magic into the Tomb instead. The Reservoir option WOULD allow it to store all that...

The Harlem Shake. There was this big trend a while back where you'd have an innocuous setting with one person doing something weird, and then when the beat dropped, you'd cut to utter chaos. That particular gif comes from this: youtube.com/watch?v=4hpEnLtqUDg

First round of trimming for Needless done. I wasn't able to chop off nearly as much as I'd hope, but I was able to cut out most of what I can live without. How much more should I aim to cut off the length, if any?

What did the blue abomination do to the kid?

I can't stop watching that gif and laughing. But it's late. I'm getting giggly.
Sadly, I don't really have any great stories that fit that category in my Chain to share. Sorry.

I accidentally changed pretty much the entire canon of Night in the Woods by helping out Bea with her hardware store. Because I didn't like seeing her unhappy. That was literally the only reason. But it butterflied out /hard/.

Why are you cutting out content?

Neat. Thanks mate.

Because WE told him the jump was too fat.

That's great. But you still have to convince the thread to accept that rule, and then to apply it retroactively for it to be relevant here.

Why are you cutting just because of how long it is? /jc/ as a long, proud tradition of super-long jumps.

The Dual Class thing was specifically because MC went back to earth and The System glitched, resetting him to level 1 but giving him an extra class.

MC gets Dimensional Lord stuff after his Familiars, so it's unrelated.
MC is able to buy skill scrolls usable by other classes and give them out. The person reading the skill scroll still needs to be able to have the prerequisites in order to make use of it. So basically, you can't learn Fireball without first knowing Firebolt. However, several Skills can be learned by more than one class, so I added the rule about out of jump 'classes' like Firebender count as having requisite skills. i.e. Firebenders already have a fire bolt, even if it's not the exact Firebolt Skill, and could learn the Fireball Skill from a Skill Scroll.

>But it butterflied out /hard/.
Storytime?

>But it butterflied out /hard/.
Do tell

>PROUD

Yeah how about you fuck off. The uber-long jumps are abominations.

Maybe consider messing with margins/font size/other formatting as well.

>Tell me about a time you changed canon for a petty reason.
Besides replacing Kazuma in Konosuba? I derailed everything. Why should he have all the fun?
Danny Phantom - I was another half-ghost. I basically turned it into a harem anime as I dragged Ranma 1/2's drawback Fiancee Magnet into the world. So many crazy ghost women... It was fun. Danny Phantom needed some romance and not to fight so much.
Wheel of Time - Too much evil and I had one of the Forsaken go yandere for me. So, I sort of slept with all of the other lady Forsaken to start a small war between then. It amused me. Nations might have died and I could have saved the world myself, but screwing with the Forsaken for my own amusement was worth it. Too bad I couldn't get a decently priced companion from there.

Unless this version was a serious work of editorial magic, the other one was fine so far as length went. Do you have a short list of what was trimmed?

Probably because his throat's augmented too.

Is good. If anything, I feel like making the racial capstones non-boostable was a bit of a mistake. Looking at the rest of the capstones, I feel like Adam is a bit overpriced at 600 cp. But one thing you should take into account is that the previous 50+ page version of the jump was fine. There's no need to trim the jump down if that means sacrificing necessary explanations of the setting. Anyone who can't read through a jump that size in under 15 minutes shouldn't even be called human.

Nothing.
The kid was one of the few people to survive when the blue abomination deleted a timeline containing 12 universes. To be perfectly fair, that timeline was, in the anime at least because I haven't read the manga, experiencing some pretty bad shit that was starting to spread to other timelines, but it was still damn brutal. Especially when you take into consideration that the afterlife went down too when he did that.

The entire concept of Zen-Oh is terrifying, is the key point here.

>bullet points
Are these really necessary

>MC is able to buy skill scrolls usable by other classes and give them out.
He isn't, that's one of the items he explicitly can't give to other people. He finds the scrolls he gives to allies in dungeons or buys them.

I have a suggestion: instead of saying "New New Testament" for the move on option, how about "Apocrypha"?

>So, I sort of slept with all of the other lady Forsaken to start a small war between then. It
RAAAAAAAAAAHVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!

And to think it's all Goku's fault.

Huh? What'd I do?

>The entire concept of Zen-Oh is terrifying, is the key point here.
Delete him with all fiction.

I find this iteration of the jump quite accessible, though I had no issue with the previous version. Regardless, might I suggest cutting down on the bullet points, as well as justifying your text's alignment? Aesthetics can make a surprisingly large difference in terms of how willing others are to read something.

Well there was the Holocaust

Hey, I'm going for a chain where the jumper is a Sentient Item from the first jump, and has his original human form locked away.
What are some good jumps for this kind of thing? Beyond Generic Isekai and Soul Eater.
I should note that I am running with a rule that allows the jumper to purchase items as Alt-Forms, so that might change the answer.

If you have several evil and crazy super mages and one goes yandere for you, what would you do? Besides, it was super easy to get them in bed thanks to the Labyrinth's Beauty Of A Silver Moon perk. It makes me FAR more desirable to magic users and I just maxed it out on the evil ladies.
I had the fox head medallion embedded inside my body so they couldn't use the One Power on me. Like I said: it amused me.

For someone who knows absolutely nothing about RWBY other than "decent soundtrack, monster hunters with weird-ass comboweapons, my sister liked the show" what does the setting have to offer and what are issues I'd need to deal with?

Highschool DxD as a Sacred Gear?

At least it's not JC Denton. Adam has emotions in his voice.
He still wears the equivalent of sunglasses on a night mission though.

Challenged Zamasu to a battle for no reason and gave him the inspiration to become a Saiyan and fuck up the timeline.

Generic Xianxia has a drawback that's good for you. Just keep it post-jump.

>Achievement Store
Is this summoning the item to you, or is it making copies? Also, what's in the "catalog"? Is it literally every item in a world, or is there conditions that need to be met for something to appear?

>What does the setting have to offer.
Guns, Weapons that turn into guns, waifus.
>What are issues I'd need to deal with?
Negative emotion monsters, big conspiracy, crazy waifus.

So, first off, the creepy side of Possum Springs was all too real in my version of that world. The cultists, the Black Goat, the ancient legends of the constellations, all of it.

I was plopped into the world as an alternate version of myself, as per normal, who in this world was Andy. The same kid who Mae beat the shit out of with a bat years ago. Probably because it amused my Coordinator to have me already linked into the world. Anyways, working at the hardware store caused me to run into Mae almost immediately. Who had a pretty major panic attack. This transitioned into causing something of a rift between Bea and Mae. Bea refused to fire me just because Mae couldn't stand the sight of me after finally getting someone who was willing to work as hard as she was. So things went strained for a long while.

This also ended up tipping off the cultists to what I was after I used a few inexplicable powers while I thought I was alone. We didn't learn until a lot later that Bea's dad was one of the cultists and was having his buddies following me because I was getting too friendly with his little girl. In a weird way, he still did care. They even learned that most of my Companions were like me as well through some careful snooping. That was back before I shielded The House as vigorously as I do now.

So, because of the unknown potential my whole group represented, the cultists went dark and remained undetected for quite a while longer than normal. Which gave the Black Goat more time to gather power as they fed him more Crusties (homeless train people no one would miss). This ended up causing some /major/ weirdness as the Black Goat sent an avatar after me and his cultists to try and raid The House en mass. Neither went down exactly well for the cultists, but that much weirdness roaming around was enough to kick Mae's "psychic powers" into full gear. Bea ended up seeing /way/ too much and demanded the full story from all of us.

Butterflied /HARD/!

Check out Touken Ranbu.

The thread is what convinced me. The idea is trending.
Soon it will be a vague majority, then it just needs to be executed well a time or two and it will be thread law. ...or, as an alternative, poorly executed and the idea will be rode out of thread on a rail.
Welcome aboard.

Ah shit, I think you're right. I forgot that he just became absurdly wealthy enough to buy all that shit.

Alright. So, the main problems are the Achievement Store, Dual Classing, and Familiars, it seems. I could shuffle them around so Familiars goes into the 400 traveler slot, achievement goes to 600, and dual classing goes to general for 400. I don't know if that makes any more sense, since the Dual Classing was exclusively Kang Woojin's thing from returning to earth. I also don't want to put in a clause for "You can't actually use these powers until you go back to earth" since that locks you into having to do that, and also doesn't really make sense if another origin buys it.

It is making copies. The items it provides are not drawn from like, an actual store, they just exist. There's never any mention of any items going out of stock or anything. The catalog contains thousands of items, ranging from food and water, to camping supplies, to potions, to gear. All the way up to legendary armor and weapons. Basically, it has to be something you, a single person could use. So no vehicles, buildings, or anything like that. If you want that, you'll need the Domain Store.

What does
>combine materials into incomplete items
Mean?

If the individual line items aren't long and drawn out the length, as measured by pages, is not a major issue.
It's a bitch to have to slough through a half a page of unclear, uninteresting text to get a half paragraph of information.

>what would you do?
Convince some schmuck to throw themself and the Yandere through a magical/cursed doorway.

Admittedly, I'm only in the middle of Book 8, so I don't know if that trick actually worked in the long run or if Lanfear ended up returning

It's Zeno's fault is what you meant to say. Lucky I corrected you, cause lord knows how you would explain how an all-powerful god is less at fault than a poor brain damaged man taken advantage of at all turns.

It can't be that hard to just find the guy.

You are not a trend.

I'm just trying to trim any excessive fluff, of which there was a lot. I may have cut it a bit close in spots where I felt certain information was redundant or easily inferred, but my hope is that everything important is still there.

Besides, this was my plan from the get go, I did the same thing with KS7.

And I agreed with them.

I'd like too, but I can't find any smaller fonts that are easy on the eyes, and the spaces between options are to avoid the same problem I had with KS7 where the perks were way to hard to tell apart. I'll try messing with it some more though.

Well, not really, it's no exaggeration to say that every single description was trimmed down to some degree.

>I feel like making the racial capstones non-boostable was a bit of a mistake.

I can certainly try that if there's a demand. My original plan was to make Stigmata the capstone booster anyway.

>I feel like Adam is a bit overpriced at 600 cp
I was just desperate to make the other Fragments and species more appealing.

>There's no need to trim the jump down if that means sacrificing necessary explanations
I don't really feel like I lost anything vital, but I'll let the thread make that call, I'm a bit biased obviously.

No, but I like them, I could try getting rid of them to see if the change to is significant enough.

Naw, it's fucking stupid, but the "New New Testament" is a real thing in this setting, take a look at this panel.

Text alignment? I just use whatever the default settings on Google Docs are.

I can't quite tell if you're for or against all the slimming. I'm having trouble understanding the way you worded that post.

While I prefer that other anons idea I saw in the same thread that this idea was made, I wouldn't mind this becoming thread law.

Oh, by the way, for anyone saying I went overboard on the trimming, I keep all my WIPs, so I can revert anything at any time if I need to.

>was enough to kick Mae's "psychic powers" into full gear.
What could she do? I always figured her terrible case of disassociation and "seeing shapes" was her psychic sensitivity playing heck on her, though what she could potentially do with those "shapes" has always intrigued. I also always thought her thieving skills and jumping ability had something to do with her powers

Is Val around?

Wow, that is stupid, and somehow I forgot all about it