>5e Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
5etools.com
Stable releases - get.5e.tools/

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck (embed)

>Previously, on /5eg/

So i fucked around and built a 6/4 wizard bloodhunter. Think it'll be viable?

So what app/program/website do you all use to keep track of digital character sheets (don't want to have to rely on spreadsheets.)

Would prefer something to carry around on my laptop.

Viable for what?
I mean, you're a wizard, so you'll be kicking ass more often than not.

Orcpub.

MPMB, myth-weavers.

Thank you both for the sites.

Has anyone tried using a stalker NPC that's obsessed with one of the PCs? How'd it turn out? Been thinking about giving my paladin player a crazed fan.

So... my Half-Elf Tempest Cleric finally kicked the bucket tonight (Disintegration Ray from a Death Tyrant) RIP. That also means I'm making a level 13 character and I rolled pretty good with the Stats: 17 16 14 14 12 11 before racial/asi bonuses. Yeah, I'm pretty excited about it and I'm thinking about doing a Sorcadin.

Paladin 7/Sorcerer 6
Oath of the Ancients/Divine Soul Origin

Haven't looked too deep into it yet, but any initial feedback / suggestions before I go deeper in my research?

>character creation
>player wants to play their own homebrew race
>DM skeptical but allows it
>it's actually good

This ever happen to you?

>pact with the lady of pain

Looks pretty good.

Our players, even our That Guy former player, have always shied away from homebrew, despite the two of us who DM being open to working together to make things fit. Only one player has even wanted anything outside the PHB, in terms of race, and they just used the Planeshift minotaur and Tortle.

Don't know blood hunter. Will you be MAD? or just using wiz spells for buff/utility?

Kinda. It wasnt his homebrew but we had someone play a corgi person race. Character was actually pretty fun.

I feel like I jumped having my character give her virginity to the man she loves. They are planning to get married and are engaged but I feel that being only 16 years old my pc should have waited longer even if they were apart for 2 years. I feel like my party will see me differently since I was always the plucky, innocent type and lost that innocence in the heat of the moment.

Aren't those AL legal, like they are as balanced by Wizards as much as they can give a damn? If that is right, I don't see how those races were too crazy.

In fairness, LoP is TN and makes deals all the time, providing she's going to profit.

That was my point, I have yet to encounter any player in my groups that have had any particular need to play something crazy to have fun.

None of the PS/UA are AL legal.
That said, AL is PHB +1.
It's actually kinda funny, my group adheres to those rules unintentionally.

I have one dude who exclusively plays cats.
I mean like, an actual cat, except he walks on two feet, or can at least. Basically Puss in Boots. We just give him the Halfling stat block, or he uses a Tabaxi one but short with 25ft movespeed and size small.

Blood Hunter is Matt Mercer's class.

Awakened animals can be absolutely hilarious.
Or dreadfully awful.

I can't even imagine what a game like that would be, where everyone's afraid to stray from the PHB.

My current game, most players have at least something non-PHB. One's got a race and background from SCAG, another has a subclass that was UA when we started but got released in XGE, another took a XGE subclass, another took a race from VGM and the last ... well, they're just a boring rogue so no comment.

Does your friend play a lot of Monster Hunter?

She does? What I remember from my 2e days was that she mazed anyone who tried to talk to her.

Is there new lore since then? or did I miss same stuff about her?

>Tfw you will never get to play the race/class combo you want
All I want is to play me a skeleton bard.

I'm not sure if I'm looking at this picture properly. Are her legs clipping through each other? Is one of them far longer than the other? It's a nice picture but the legs are worrying me.

My group is all PHB except for ranger (Thanks XGE), Next I'm probably going with:
>Storm Sorc (Half)Orc
>Warforged Moon Druid
>Goblin Warlock

meant for

This rattles me bones.

Skeleton Paladin will never happen, will it?

Does your DM do 1-1 sessions if players can't make it? Should they?
Mine does, though I've only taken part in one for 40 minutes, because it was some sneaky-stuff that we squeezed in before an actual session and not a full one done because someone was absent.
As a player that doesn't really care for them, I'm wondering if they should really be done at all. It gives one player outside knowledge over the others, more magic items that, from the other players perspectives, came from fucking nowhere, and doesn't encourage co-operation. In fact, it's as if he's rewarding splitting from the party for a session.

Do I just hate fun? The players involved and the DM both seem to really enjoy the side-sessions, I just wish they weren't related to the main campaign in any way.

All I want to play is a pixie. I even discussed a solid homebrew statblock for a playable pixie with a friend of mine (our resident rules lawyer who probably knows the PHB off by heart).

Unfortunately, not only am I the forever GM, but he said he'd "consider allowing it" in a game he's tempted to run (but likely never will) except for that it wouldn't fit the setting.

Hang tight skelebro, we'll all make it some day.

I usually cut out RP heavy, single-person-chatting-with-an-NPC moments with these, but I take them more as a "OK you have this conversation with this person, we'll handle the specifics later" and then paraphrase any immediately pertinent info. It's quite useful for cutting down on session time lost, especially when you consider that my players have spent about four or so months on this one game and are not even to level 5 yet because of how god damn slow they are.

Its useful for stuff that the rest of the party doesn't really need to know about or doesn't care about (usually player backstory related) and I rarely, if ever, actually make it into a full-blown encounter or have much in the way of tangible rewards.

tl;dr - use it to cut heavy, single-person RP out of your game session time, not to benefit your players sneaking in side-sessions.

Can someone help me parse the levitate spell? If you cast it in yourself you can move up or down as part of your move. Am I right to assume you can still only move up or down 20ft?

>Rarely, if ever, actually make it into a full-blown encounter or have much in the way of tangible rewards.
This is all I want, but nooo, the DMs girlfriend comes back in record breaking time (as in, she should have missed a fucking session because she FUCKED OFF from the party without warning to go half way across the continent) with a shiny new fucking cape that lets her fly.

At least our other player did side-sessions because he actually talked in them, unlike around the party. Shame that led him to become more interested in NPCs nobody else fucking knew than the actual party, constantly looking for an excuse to ditch again and talk to them.

>DM's girlfriend
Ah, there's your problem user. Now it's a simple fix, really. All you have to do is seduce your DM and become his girlfriend instead.

Is there a way to build a Battle Master fighter that can function well with any melee weapons under the sun aside from just playing a strength-focused BM fighter?
Like are there any feats that could improve being a pseudo arms master?

Is it fine to start Tomb of Annihilation at level 1 or should I beef them up to level 3?

I don't want preferential treatment though.

Easy enough, once you've followed step one, all you have to do is break up with him and make sure he never has a girlfriend again.

Strength governs your attack modifier, so if you aren't building strength but you want to be good with every weapon then there's the problem.

There is tavern brawler, gives you proficiency in improvised weapons, if you can convince your DM that a chair is a 1d8 one handed weapon you can get him to ok pretty much anything that isn't nailed down. Still strength, but now everything is weapon.

>Is there a way to build a Battle Master fighter while being able to use any weapons?
Yes.
Max Str/Dex/Con Dump everything else.
Defence fighting style if you're not going to pick 1h/2h exclusive
Pick up Tavern Brawler if you want improvised weapons.

All these "if its not raw, it's not in my game" butt holes make me laugh. I'll be over here enjoying playing a lv 11 dragon cuz my DM isn't a prude.

>"if its not raw, it's not in my game"
Implying that everyone who follows the rules follows them RAW, not RAI.

But then someone else will get preferential treatment, but it'll be a boy instead.
What a conundrum.

Worth taking Resilient (Con) if I'll have Warcaster and an odd score in Con?

Yep.

>You have a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls made with this magic weapon.

>Whenever you use your Bardic Inspiration feature, you gain advantage on attacks with this weapon until the end of your turn.

>Once per day, when you execute a Blade Flourish, the target takes 1d6 Thunder damage and your allies have advantage on attack rolls against it until the start of your next turn.

Too much for a personalized legendary weapon for a Swords Bard?

Pretty good, though legendary should be a little better than just +1 and +1d6 once/day

I was planning on having it become a +2 and eventually a +3 at higher levels

All good then.

>legendary
That's literally Rare.

You better scale the d6 up by 2 at each level, 1d6 > 3d6 > 5d6. Hell, give it an extra charge too. Just one though. Most Legendary stuff either breaks the rules or is a +2 with 2d6 on every roll, or can cast some high level spell.

So 2 charges on the thunder damage, which then becomes higher at the improved versions? Sounds good to me.

Hello, my dudes! I already asked this before, but things got complicated and now I need your help with this build once again, since I'm only starting to get used to the 5e.
I want to make Rapefuck The Murderkill - chaotic evil looting molester whose only motivation is carnal self-gratification. Completely one-dimensional, with no support and utility, no out-of-combat capabilities, but min-maxed to the point of stupidity in the battle department. He must be thatguy-esque cunt after all, with your typical "I can kill all of you in PVP" attitude. I understand that casters will be better at killing, but they don't have that feeling of the stupid one-trick tool like martials do, so no magic users. I plan to inject him in the game of mid-to-high level with no UA allowed (but everything goes as long as it was officially published), so there is that.
My current problem is "raged vs melee", because it seems like ranged is simply superior option at high levels. Better reach, keeps the character out of harm's way, less dependant on terrain, can focus DEX instead of STR, bonus attack with Crossbow Expert. The only downside is inferior dice, but it seems this damage bump is insignificant.
What are your thoughts? What builds can you suggest? Any help will be appreciated!

Yeah. Could have it recharge at dawn or dusk.

Can a bulette with Int 6 use these kind of tacitcs?
>dig a hole 40ft deep
>knock a PC into there with deadly leap ability
>PC takes 4d6 bludgeoning damage and bulette moves onto the next target, now PC must spend 80ft of movement to climb out of the hole
Is this cheese or legit?

I doubt anyone will help you, because nobody wants to play alongside such a character.

variant human sharpshooter crossbow battlemaster with lucky and some other feats maybe.
or samurai elf with elven accuracy and sharpshooter

But you never will, I guarantee that. He is more of a plotdevice, aimed at my friends, and there is absolutely no possibility they are somewhat related to Veeky Forums scene.

Bulette burrow through the ground and probably leave a bunch of holes. An exceptionally clever bulette might know that luring potential prey into falling into a hole could be a good way to kill.

I'd say that it wouldn't start digging holes exactly for this purpose, but it'd happily shove people near its already-burrowed holes. That is, if it's distinctly a pretty clever bulette.

Otherwise, stick to hit and run digging tactics.

Does your setting have any spells that only exist in it, user?

Tell me about them.

There's a couple rather niche spells or rituals.
The party once needed to find an item that was impossible to locate but they got a "luck" ritual spell from a ghost of an ancient wizard, which he was rather reluctant to teach as it's not very reliable.
Needed 21 wizards capable of at least first level spells, around 10k in materials and all it did was tamper with chance and fate so that at some point during the next 30 days the party would be in the vicinity of the item in question.
During this the party kept their eyes peeled and chased any possible leads, most ending in nothing, but on the 17th day they heard about a tournament and decided to take a look since a lot of people would be there.
There they found a man that had the item (cloak) during the third day and stole it on the 4th.

Then there was a ritual to increase your attunement slots they got from the same ghost but it was very expensive to perform as well. In theory you could get infinite slots but the costs tripled each time the person got an extra slot so they each only opted for one slot increase.

I offered the party wizard the option to make his own spells but he didn't want to unless they are some world destroying über spells because he's retarded like that.

What are some good thematic creatures, traps, encounters etc that might be involved with a mad scientist organization? High level party, so pretty much anything goes, and i'll be making stat blocks myself. Just need ideas to throw together.
The organization is, in large part, a response to the last major campaign arc. A powerful wizard tapped into things beyond even his comprehension and slowly went insane. At first, his goal was to spread magic universally, making it so even farmers would have easy access to utility spells, but as he grew mad it became more about spreading the GOO style influence everywhere and corrupting everything.
Unknown to the party atm, the scientist group was brought together to combat that influence, and fix what broke, while also advancing scientific discovery and merging it safely with magic

>want to be a player in a game
>work mondays to fridays
>study saturday mornings
>dm a game sunday mornings
>live in an awkward timezone ensuring I cannot get an online game ever
>no one will ever dm instead of me no matter how much I ask

why must I be made to suffer

Nice, I'm trying to figure out a way that it can deal with 5 lvl5 PC's at once.
Or I'll have to scale them down to lvl4.

Neat.

I've been considering letting the Wizard make her own spell as well, but I have a feeling she'll just want a stronger fireball. I had an idea for a way to port some fire spells from 4e, since she's decided that her character is going to focus on fire.

find the book of old magic (spells section) in 5etools, they have some really interesting spells that are mostly balanced.

Had the same problem recently, I had an NPC wizard they were working with cast Crown of Stars, and the planned reward for the PC wizard was for the NPC to help him create his own spell. He just wanted Crown of Stars. Convinced him OOC to put his own spin on it, but it was deflating.

Fuck the games, start taking consulting gigs or comissions, depending on your line of work. Double the income, double the savings, double the manlines, and suffering might as well go to zero.

What the fuck, when did 5etools start adding 3pp stuff?

It's had it for a long time, its just all turned off by default. Which is honestly the best case scenario anyway.

Six months ago?

Fire Burst
1st-level transmutation
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 60 feet
Components: V, S
Duration: Instantaneous
One existing fire source bursts into a large conflagration for a moment. Each creature within 10 feet of the source takes fire damage, or half as much with a successful Dexterity saving throw.

At Higher Levels. For each spell slot used higher than 1st level, the spell does an additional fire damage.

Well, that's perfect to give to her as a unique, "Only for your Wizard" spell.

18 Str 18 Cha 16 Con 14 Dex 12 Wis 11 Int
Half Elf Ancient Oath Paladin 7/Divine Soul Sorcerer 6
Aura of Protection (10ft): Creatures add my CHA mod to all saving throws
Aura of Warding (10ft): Creatures are resistant to all spell damage
Access to Full Cleric Paladin and Sorcerer spell list
Favored by the Gods: Add 2d4 to any failed attack or saving throw
Empowered Healing: 1 Sorcery PT to reroll any amount of healing dice rolled within x ft of me
AC 19 HP 7d10 + 6d6 + 39 (98.5 Average)
ASI: Warcaster & Resilient (Con)

What do you think?

That's a nice pile of numbers and words. but where the character?

am i autistic for making character sheets for family/friends from my characters backstory?
not all of them mind you just important ones

Not autistic but doing it wrong. Only player characters have character sheets and class levels.

Swap DEX & INT for the sake of not being a meme. Also, Paladins (and support casters in general) benefit from not going first in the round in most of the popular party configurations: lets them Healing Word people up before they start making death saves on their own - this might be a life-saver when enemies pile up on the downed characters.

I doubt you or anyone else here cares about my snowflake elf's origins. I build mechanics first and match a story to it later

I find that disgusting, and would take umbrage if you were in my group.
Enjoy your game user.

This has amazing synergy with flaming sphere and pyrotechnics.

Best metamagic and level 2 spells for wild magic sorcerer?

The properly educated among us know that form follows function and not the other way around. Maybe that RP first mentality flys in munchkin league but in higher tiered play I need to ensure my character and my party actually survive for us to actually have "characters"

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It would let her turn Flaming Sphere into a roving ball of death and give some battlefield control while also letting her still fulfill the fire mage fantasy.

Quicken, Twin, Subtle, Empowered. In that order.

But is the function of a character it's personality or combat prowess?

My current character has an unused hand, and doesn't utilize the versatile on her sword, and we're sitting at level 15-17. Sure, she's magiced the fuck up, but i still would rather have my 1d8 and enjoy describing her combat antics than 1d10 and have to change the style.

My thought as well.
Pretty set on taking less blasty spells until later so definitely was saving empowered for later.
I think my first level 2 spells will be invisibility and one other.
Kinda torn about my level 2 spells. Thinking to end up dropping shield, because even with it, my AC is shit. We've got three melee tanks and if I'm taking hits I'm basically doing something wrong anyway. So I think Misty step is a decent escape. But then again so is a quickened invis if it comes down to it. Unless I find myself grappled.

>her
crossplaying is haram, user

Grappled does nothing to spellcasters. There is not a single page in the dmg or phb that states "casters that are grappled cannot cast spells"
Taking subtle is mostly to avoid counterspells or to sneakily do other stuff while you're right ni front of people.

IIRC popularity contests don't defeat dracoliches, so personalities form around the build of my character and how they play. If you're implying that I don't have a personality then I'd let you know that our group would've fallen apart if we didn't keep it interesting amongst the party interactions.

No I realize that. I just would never want to find myself stuck and surrounded by a bunch of people that want to hit me with attacks.

She's my previous characters daughter, and when we did the fast forward the DM asked us to pick someone with some relation (not related inherently, just with come connection to) our previous character and it felt like a natural fit.
Only the DM knows that she is engaged to a dragon atm.

Six intelligence is reasonably smart. About as much as a gorilla, which is aware of tool use and can do sign language. Much less intelligent animals have discovered using traps.

Consider antlions as an example. They're tiny little insects with tiny little insect brains but they're still smart enough to create pit traps for their prey.

Difference between d8 and d10 is negligible if you're using melee cantrips

r8

I'm not. Valor Bard. I could use a shield and pick up warcaster, but it just didn't feel right for the character.
Most of my turns are either
>attack x2
>bardic inspiration/healing word
or
>cast an action spell
>attack/inspiration if someone is in the thick of it
Combat Inspiration is undervalued, its pretty damned good.

Rolled 5, 3, 6, 1, 5, 6, 2, 5, 6, 2, 5, 2, 6, 3, 3, 2, 4, 5 = 71 (18d6)

High risk babee
Do i choose the feats first? Would make it even higher risk, but i'll assume so for now.
Warcaster/Resilient Con