/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: →
>Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
theonyxpath.com/gms-day-sale-2018-is-live/
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/deluxe-wraith-the-oblivion-20th-anniversary-editio/posts/2125309
>Question:
What is the tenth sphere?
>New Geist preview
theonyxpath.com/grave-goods-and-buried-treasures-geist-the-sin-eaters/
>New Deviant preview
theonyxpath.com/variations-on-a-theme/
>General Creation Kit
mega.nz/#F!FWJgBTbb!f7d5rARWHYzuI8-8aI-Bxw

Other urls found in this thread:

voidstate.com/rpg/mage-spell-helper/#/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Tenth sphere is Judgement

voidstate.com/rpg/mage-spell-helper/#/

Is pretty accurate.

Reminder that a master of Fate can use Miracle to win Clash of Will meaning he's invincible to all but other masters of Fate.

judgement could be mind or fate, or the combination of both

What does the alter reality power of a nexus crawler do?

Where can I find the write up for that charm?

>Reminder that a master of Fate can use Miracle to ADD POTENCY to Clash of Will meaning he's MORE LIKELY to win them.

Fixed for you.

>he's invincible to all but other masters of Fate.

>>laughing Master of Prime

Where did you find the spellcasting helper app? It looks really good.

You should also share it on the OPP forums and Discord to test it and work out kinks.

It was posted on the OPP forum and people worked on the kinks there. Not sure if its still being worked on.

>he's invincible to all but other masters of Fate.

>>laughing Master of Primeanybody with dispel magic is laughing at him too

>What is the tenth sphere?
It's Surprise.

>turn a werewolf's bones into plutonium

>What is the tenth sphere

>Austism

Does it DO anything?

Or prometheans, who have similar gimmicks.

>Miracle (Fate •••••)
Practice: Making
Primary Factor: Potency
Suggested Rote Skills: Academics, Persuasion, Subterfuge
This spell causes events to unfold according to the mage’s dictates. The mage receives a number of Intercessions equal to Potency, which she may use as a reflexive action during the spell’s Duration. Spending one Intercession can achieve the following, affecting a single subject within sensory range:
• Increase the number of successes on a roll by one after the dice are rolled.

Nope, it adds successes to the Clash of Wills.

Has anyone home-brewed or updated the rules for alchemy from 1e to 2e?

Signs of Sorcery is supposed to include a much simpler and streamlined alchemy system.

Best of all, SoS should be released Soon(tm)...

Spirit supremacy-
>5 successes at difficulty 7 with a die pool of 10
That will never happen. These guys are chumps.

Veil magic to hide from everybody unless they win a Clash of Wills which they won't because Miracle adds successes to it. Mind you i hope i'm misunderstanding and you're right because if i am right and Miracle works the way i think it's retardedly powerful.
Except Miracle can add up to potency SUCCESSES which with full yantras and ritual casting can be a lot.

Can someone share the updated and combined Trinity / Aeon Kickstarter manuscript previews?

Thanks.

Turned my notes into a diagram for you glue huffing metrosexuals. I would be most grateful for any constructive criticism.

Ah, so you mainly want to talk about the confrontational elements of hunter? Okay.

Speaking of vampires, is there practically speaking anything hunters can do against the Big Boy disciplines of Dominate (*used on third parties*) and Obfuscate?

It seems that hunters are totally fucked when it comes to the fact that they can't do anything to stop vampires from breaking into their house, or even the fact that even if they do get the element of surprise, they may never be able to perceive them at all.

Yes, I'm aware. Created are not that versatile but they can add a few gorillion dice, or deplete a few gorillion dice from their enemies, when needed.

>Big Boy
Second sight eliminates all supernatural mind-affecting and illusion, those are right out (if they have a point)
Earnestly the worst nightmare of hunters is actual direct confrontation by the average min-maxed for combat supernatural GIVEN that it can find them by being pointed in the right direction or the hunters are so fucking stupid it finds them easily

Huh interesting.

Marauders are the faction of dynamism, not the council of nine

That's just a basic guideline, definitely not as powerful as they get, like any spirit, Nexus Crawlers have different ranks; even a Jaggling could already have 10 in Gnosis, Willpower and Rage, and ranks above reach much a heigher.

Oh, we're talking about owod. Yes, Reckoning hunters are dope.

It could be interesting to think about how one could recreate the general jist (minus the wizard feel) of Reckoners in nwod. Moral Support tactic, Indomitable and Clear Sighted should do it, though still no way to detect critters in Twilight I can think of.

That's a good point, the Council is usually supposed to refer to Balance.

On the other hand, Marauders just represent an extreme of *any* kind of Resonance, not just dynamic Resonance, so honestly Council still fits better.

correction 4 u big guy

Every given marauder is one in a dreamscape, I haven't seen any in permanent Jhor or Clarity, but if you want to direct me to them I'd love to read it

Thats what i said you fucking stupid cunt. Adds Potency to clash of will successes.

And it does it once, and can be dispelled.

Its a fucking rank 5 spell. They are all pretty fucking good user

whats your point?

Reminder master of fate can still be unmade by a master of life because rip. No clashes for YOU!

They used to be Dynamic oriented but now a Marauder reflects any form of extreme Quiet, even just extreme murdery-ness or denial.

Well yeah, that's why I'd be interested in seeing extreme Jhor or extreme Clarity

That's true. There being usually no such thing as defense in general vs the supernatural and there REALLY being no such thing as defense vs magic leads to weird situations.

Its definitely non canon but I envision Technocrats as having suffered a mass outbreak of Clarity Marauders between 1e and GttT, where they suddenly forgot that they are mages, how paradox works, and so forth.

ES unmaking skips withstand, not clash of will, if he has wards and signs active the other master is SOL.
My point is he's not more likely to win the clash, he's sure to win it. 10 more successes(not dice) make a big difference.

>wards and signs
>doing anything, ever

For fuck's sake, it DIRECTLY STATES that "I cast it at him, not on him" skips it perfectly

Ah yes the infamous "but if"....keep moving those goal posts user. The miracle fate mage isnt so how was it put "invincible" now is he. He needs prime...

And my point is that he will probably win the FIRST clash, but what about the second one?

That's pretty much Threat Null, which counts to some degree, but even the rules have no idea what they're doing

Describe to me how a typical Changeling game goes?

Wrong you fucking asshat. Area spells still target things inside them. They dont bypass things just because it says "are the target off". Literal fucking word bending to win a internet argument.

the lengths these mouth breathers go to..

can't the ward be a bubble around the mage, and if the magic cast at the target tries to pass through the bubble it's stopped?

CofD sounds really dumb if it won't allow for that

Ignore the retard. "im cast it at him, not on him" is bullshit. The spell effects him or it doesnt, he is either targeted by a spell or isnt. Area effect spells just allow you to target everything in the area.

>Get beaten up easily by the other splats except weak ones like Hunter and Wraith.

:-(

what? Wards and Signs specifically states that area targeted spells, even a fake ass area targeted spell like "turning air to fire around you" (to my mind, that's just a normal Forces attack)

Wards and Signs is utterly fucking useless, and its uselessness is built right into the spell: even if they, for no reason, don't make it an area spell, its only Withstood, and Withstand does nothing.

>Literal fucking word bending to win a internet argument.

Dude, I don't LIKE "I cast it at you, not on you" but its intended to be effortless to ignore by AoE, even lame AoE.

would def allow that

Turning air into fire around you isnt targeting the person with the wards and signs spells though, its targeting the air around him, duh. If you tried turning the person into fire though he would be protected. Duh

If you have a area that turns people into pigs, then a person with wards and signs enters it. They get protected because anybody entering that area becomes a target for becoming a pig.

>Area effect spells just allow you to target everything in the area.

but it specifically states a very thin area effect spell skips it?

NO it states stuff that targets an area that isnt the wards subject can still be effected. ie the air around him.

You can still target the floor under the wards and signs person, because the ward isnt protecting the floor. Its protecting the person. Try casting something that tries to effect the person however even area wide and signs will protect them.

So lay it on me; your thoughts on AoE Unmaking (mostly Forces, Life, or Death {technically Making})?

in CofD can't you make a ward with a really big radius, that follows you everywhere you go; and disables/makes the usage of an enemy's magic much harder close to where you are?

>Magefags so desperate they latch onto a dead gameline that will never receive Signs of Sorcery, leaving a perfectly adequate gameline from WoD

AoE unmaking forces around a warded person will work, its not targeting the person even though the person is inside the area, its ACTING on the forces in the area.

Aoe unmaking life around a warded person will get protected because the spell is acting on people inside the area, they all become targets for the spell.

Area spells dont follow people. They are plopped in area and continue to effect that area.

wards follow people, can't you increase the ward's radius? it's literally just skin-thick? lul

Yes and no.

Area spells are really busted, but you gotta remember that area spells really do target "an area" and the rules are very picky about it. D&D style aoes that follow people aren't a thing -- but you can recast them of course.

When they say a spell targets an area, they really do mean that it targets an area -- a sympathetic yantra for an area, for example, is totally different from the sympathetic yantra for a person.

Dave has taken great pains to point out the distinction between the two, and that, say, visual scrying on a person gives you a view that is an extreme closeup that doesn't tell you much about where he is.

Yes a targetted ward will follow the person. A ward cast in a area (a 10x10 room) doesnt follow the person out of the room. Duh

>visual scrying on a person gives you a view that is an extreme closeup that doesn't tell you much about where he is.
lmao this is so dumb

An area ward spell will give its withstand rating to EVERYTHING inside the warded area though. (unless excluded with fates gesture spell)

>>Get beaten up easily by the other splats except weak ones like Hunter and Wraith.

Changelings in C20 and CofD 2e received a significant power bump. They're not mage or demon strong by any measure, but they're not going to be picked on by vampires any more.

Just always remind yourself that area and target are totally different things.

>SoS should be released Soon(tm

Hey, SoS has been in development for a while and Dave's supposedly back in action. It shouldn't be too much longer.

Are demons in WoD powerful?

Its dumb but not as bad as this user makes it out. Your not in superclose up cant see shit around him mode.

scrying a location gives a wide shot like view, scrying a person/object gives a close up view that you can pan around and see over their shoulder etc. Some ST's might run it that you only see the subject and the rest is blurry or whatever but they are retarded.

Spell says "may not" make out details but being able to view any angle means you probably can.

Dave is working on Deviant. He has lost interest in Mage.

RIP SoS

I dunno, changelings don't seem to have much in the way of powers that are broad solutions to nearly all problems like vampires get.

Well... other than Twilight form. That is defense and stealth all in one. Other than that though.

>RIP SoS

Shut your whoe mouth.

SoS will be out soon, quickly followed by Tome of the Pentacle and Fallen Worlds.

>I will not lose hope.

At least requiemfags will be able to feel speshal when they can kick a deviants ass.

Or can they?

In both, yeah.

If you make a generalist demon, you will have great success.

Owod demons are mostly immune to mental bullshit coupled with a level ONE power that lets them make TN 2 gear for themselves and all their friends. After that, you can branch out into... anything, really. The only problem is that their powers are described as having x effect on mortals, y effect on demons, so its not clear what that stuff does to other supernaturals.

Nwod demons aren't mind proof but rather mostly detection proof, and have a lot of great shit. Our Lord and Saviour DaveB's Decoy power coupled with Terrible Avatar is especially nice: they can separate their human cover into something that can never be detected as nonhuman by even the strongest magic, their demonic soul and consciousness into a floating invisible, invincible, noclip power distributor, and their demon form into three separate beings, for 3 actions a round.

is there anything more broken than this damned thing
if you can't teleport you're fucked

Trust me, I never had a problem feeling speshul playing a vampire.

Having a mage made me feel even more speshul due to sweet buffs.

Just remember: run, don't walk, to CoZ or blood sorcery, and combat vampires are a waste of time.

How is that not Withstood

I never understood why Demons should be immune to mental bullshit, when Umbrood are only immune to Vampire's Domination, rather than being immune to Mind Sphere as well.

Pretty much all arcana are crazy go nuts good at 3, but yes, Ban is good.

The main limiting factor on Ban isn't quite obvious: it targets an area, and while you can sympathetic cast at an area, you can't do a targeted sympathetic cast with ban at a person. You could sympathetic cast at your house, if you knew where it was and had a yantra for it.

So Ban kinda plays against type for Space magic.

Depends on how long you need to be in it to suffocate. Mages conveniently forget duration penalties and scale penalties.

But yes if you are trapped in one with enough scale and duration and you need to breath, then RIP but its hardly the fastest or easiest way to kill things using magic. A mage should be able to try dispel it!! (#allmageslearnprime)

Its almost certainly something like demons as nega-hunters, as hunters are {typically} made by the three remaining angels (The Ebon Dragon, and the Scarlet Queen; and possibly Lucifer, or at least in a certain metaplot ending).

Only broken against non-mages. Watch any vampire/werewolf suffocate/go insane from being in there for too long.

One of the many reasons to always learn a teleport style power

It counters most packs of woofs pretty handily

(non-strix) vampires are really the only splat that can't handle it, and coincidentally are the least likely to be killed by it, although I'd let Celerity work.

If a mage wants to keep a permanent control slot up to imprison an ancient evil that's fine with me.

The only way to handle it is to either dispel it or teleport out of it. That shaves off a lot of numbers.

You then have to beat the clash vs the mage. Depending on how long the ban is thats up to +4 to the clash roll. Good luck winning that.

>although I'd let Celerity work.

what a faggot you are

>if you can't teleport you're fucked

>If you can't teleport or *dispell* you're fucked

>FIFY

>Why do people ignore Prime like it was red-headed bastard stepchild of the Arcana?

Anything that manipulates space, constitutes teleportation or going from one world to another (clearly reaching) is fine.

Prime is terrible on its own. Complimented with other Arcana it's potentially incredible.

>Anything that manipulates space, constitutes teleportation or going from one world to another (clearly reaching) is has to contend with a clash of wills or isnt fine.

Jesus fucking christ.

Entering another dimension/twilight using Death, Spirit, etc., is also a non-Space/Prime viable escape strategy.

However, most of the realistic options are only available to mages.

>If a mage wants to keep a permanent control slot up to imprison an ancient evil that's fine with me.

What is spending 1 willpower dot to release it safely..........

not sure why this would trigger you user?

Twilight isnt another dimension user so entering "twilight" wont save you vs Ban.

>spending a permanent dot of willpower to bully a fucking vampire of all things

Be my guest.

Why'd you remove the Monday meeting notes?

because op is a dumb fucking faggot(mage)

That's a subjective viewpoint considering the ways to escape a Ban are open ended, but strangely Twilight is a lot harder to enter most of the time than other realms.

Its not a subjective viewpoint user. Twilight is a state of being not a dimension.

If you cant grasp that then fuck off.