Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Neon Genesis Inquisition Edition

>NOVA Info
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/01/registration-for-the-nova-open-now-livegw-homepage-post-2/

>I have met my enemy, it is an abomination
[YouTube] Inquisitor Warhammer 40k 1996 Short film (embed)

>FAQs
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Megas:
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhammer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edi

>*blocks your path*

KROOT MERCS!

>Neon Genesis Inquisition

The Ol' Razzle Dazzle

I know it's a shitty list but I really want to field some clackety-clackety boys. Any tips how should I build kans and dreads?

Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Orks) [31 PL, 496/500pts]

+ HQ +
Big Mek [5 PL, 72pts]: Grot Oiler, Power Klaw, Slugga, Warlord

+ Heavy Support +
Deff Dread [8 PL, 151pts]
Deff Dread: Dread Klaw, Skorcha
Pair of Klaw Arms: 2x Dread Klaw

Killa Kans [10 PL, 188pts]
Killa Kan: Skorcha
Killa Kan: Rokkit Launcha
Killa Kan: Big Shoota

Lootas [8 PL, 85pts]
4x Loota
Spanner: Choppa, Slugga

>Not linking the thumbs together to make the double head on the aquila

night lords or iron warriors for my chaos warbrand?

s'pretty good for only five hundred points. I wouldn't take the Spanner with the Lootas though, you'd want as many Deffguns as possible.

How many models are there that can deny fall back?

Is there any that have the fly keyword?
I know wyches can or something. But unless they get a relic for the hq with it they can't.

Shouldn't Rei be Culexus or SoS?

You're not very smart are you?

How diverse is stratagem use in your area? Do you see people using a lot of different ones, or just one or two basic ones like the deep strike stratagems and rerolls?

Looks good; I'd probably run either all Skorchas or all Rokkits on the Kans but I understand you're constrained by what comes in the box. I've got a 1000 point force which is pretty much this with another Dred, another 3 Kans and a Mek Gun.

I see the less specialized stuff get used. I use the Iron Hands special one and Honor the Ancients the most. I try to shun the command reroll now because I always roll the same or worse than what I rolled, and so does everyone else who uses it.

Wyches, Bloodbrides and Succubi (Lelith included) have no escape.
If a player wishes to make an infantry unit fall back within 1" of any of the above units they must win a roll off against the other player regardless of if they can fly or not.

It should be on a straight 4+, 3+ for Lelith to reflect how good she is at controlling the enemy. Also venoms should get chain hooks to entangle enemy vehicles in combat with the same rule vs VEHICLES.

Actually, if a unit can't charge something can it charge something near it then pile into It?

Say a flyer

Greater good > all.

Gimme ideas for a Guard Army

I was thinking WWII Germans mixed with Napoleonic Dutch, but I dunno. It's mainly an infantry regiment supported by an armored regiment from the same planet.

Is it stupid that I'm thinking about starting a second army when I've only painted 400 points of my first one?

>I try to shun the command reroll now because I always roll the same or worse than what I rolled, and so does everyone else who uses it

The trick is to use it on very decisive things that have a good probability anyhow. I find it's honestly still my most used stratagem, though I've never really felt stratagems in general have been important to me winning a game.

I use the interrupt combat ones a lot, but I only have the universal ones. DA uses dark age tech and a Ravenwing one to advance and shoot/charge I think. BA uses the big charge one, everyone uses auspex scan if they can, guard player uses the double orders strat and something else but mostly rerolls cuz he takes the "refund cp" and "gain CP on enemy use" bullshit.

So if lelith charges a unit, piles into a nearby fly, can she deny it's fall back instantly killing it?

you have to pile in towards the closest enemy model and you can only fight what you charged

welcome to hell. it never gets better

So long as she ends up 1" away, sure. Then you roll off with your opponent and they win and walk away anyways.

I get too into the moment and use it for bad stuff. It's only good for stuff like 2+ or 3+ rolls

>imperial guard
>another wehrmacht theme
Nah, do something original.

Not really. Painting the same thing over and over causes the mind to stray. The trick is to stray to something other than the GW catalog...

That's not the point, also if the flyer is closer you can pile into it, or at the very least end up next to ir.

>I use the interrupt combat ones a lot, but I only have the universal ones.

Even when I was just using index, I found that one too pricey to be worthwhile. It only works for one unit, and doesn't even let you truly go first.

>roll off

I thought you just need a 3+

>6:23

Where's my tau preview GW?

But Panzer tanks are sexy as fuck. I was even going to call my Tank Commander Hermon Ronnel.

I would go with Armageddon Steel Legion but their models are expensive and few. I also dont know how to cast so that's not an option.

As I said, gimme ideas.

Soon

I was listing relevant rules, not making an argument. you can pile into other units but it's hard to do that with a single model because the only way to do that would be being 1" away from the flyer and 1" away from the model you charged.

How are the Knight models to make and paint?

I'm not that fussed about gaming with one, but putting one together, coming up with the heraldry etc, seems really fun.

Does anyone know of a good site to buy terrain? Most of the GW stuff seems to be admech looking. I want to build a wasteland board with bunkers, walls, guardtowers, and other quickly erected fortifications.

That's true, guess you could just do it with wyches.

easy to make, harder to paint because there's a lot of detail and you need to keep the armor plates off if you want to reach all of it with your brush

Currently, what units have 'fight twice' rule/strategem?

Samurai.

Add a callidus assassin as a ninja

I think every codex has it for or units. Don't quote me on that

Make a freeblade if you're woke

All khorne csm and uh zerkers.

I'd actually avoid skorchas on the kans. Their higher ballistic skill means you probably want stuff like rokkit launchas on them especially if you don't plan on taking any tankbustas.

I personally am familiar with only a few.

>All space marines have that expensive 3 point strategem that lets a unit fight again
>Blood Angels company ancient lets a neaeby model shoot/attack (one weapon) again just before it dies, on a 4+ roll
>Khorne Berzerkers get to fight and consolidate twice, always

Went a bit overboard with my ghost elves, what should I cut from the list?

Ynnari Battalion
>HQ - Yvraine [132pts]
>HQ - Shadowseer [134pts]
>HQ - Spiritseer [45pts]
>Troop - 5 Dire Avengers [75pts]
>Troop - 5 Harlequin Troupe (Fusion Pistol, Embrace)[150pts]
>Troop - 5 Harlequin Troupe (Fusion Pistol, Embrace)[150pts]
>Elite - 10 Shadow Spectres [334pts]
>Elite - Solitaire [110pts]
>Elite - Wraithblades (Ghostaxe)[225pts]
>Heavy Support - 10 Dark Reapers (Tempest Launcher on Exarch)[275pts]
>Dedicated Transport - Starweaver [99pts]
>Dedicated Transport - Starweaver [99pts]
>Dedicated Transport - Wave Serpent [129pts]
>Dedicated Transport - Wave Serpent [129pts]
2086/2000pts

Blue>Red

>I get to be the first person to call you a WAACfag and tell you to fuck off.

So... fuck off WAACfag

how hard would it be to put a primaris marine on a bike?

Don't listen to the h8ers, WW2 theme is cool.

You came to the wrong neighborhood motherfucker.

I-I'm sorry senapi... I just really like Ghost Elves. I put everything in a Ynnari battalion to make it less gay though.

Is ynnari even worth playing anymore

Dunno, ask my Custodes on a bike I was dumb enough to make before GW came out with that exact unit.

>less gay
Thats a low bar senpai

Girls und Panzer themed Leman Russ army.

Those proportions don't fit each other.

No one asked you.

Very nicely done. Just have it count as a shield-captain on bike.

how do beakies look on primaris? Want to start some raven guard and plan to throw a few into the mix.

>want as many Deffguns as possible
Noted. I thought about spanner for repairing my stuff but maybe more dakka is a good idea

>I understand you're constrained by what comes in the box
Yup, this. I'm not heavy on WYSIWYG but in such a small list I want to go with whatever I have
>I've got a 1000 point force which is pretty much this with another Dred, another 3 Kans and a Mek Gun.
How mecha-orks are doing? Also what mek gun are you running?

>Their higher ballistic skill means you probably want stuff like rokkit launchas on them
I think the Killa Kans kit comes with a single rokkit launcha only

Can't stop anyone from replying to your posts little faggot.

It's probably not as strong as before but I like the fluff behind them and wanna run some ghost elves. What do you think I should cut though? Are wraith units fluffy for Ynnari?

What army do you play?

>Full Ynnari detachment
>WAAC
user, it's like you don't even play this game

I uh... I made 6 of them.

>I was thinking WWII Germans mixed with Napoleonic Dutch
That's an interesting mix to say the least, how did you come up with that?
I'm asking because I use Tamiya (mostly german co its most available) armour and contemplated using Perry Napoleonics (25 quid for 40 dudes, come on) for my Guard.

I would love to do that, but I dont think I've found any Samurai/Feudal Japan models that are heroic scale and plastic, as mentioned.

GuP is one of my favorite animes, actually. I watched the first episode on a whim, and got hooked.

As I said in , I think Steel Legion would be cool, but it's prohibitive. You'd have to get third party models for anyone other than a infantry soldier.

I did have a meme-tastic idea of playing a Canadian themed army(since I am Canadian). They would either be soldiers in snow suits and rebreathers that specialized in hostile terrain, or they'd be modeled after The War of 1812 militia. I dunno, sounds like a lot of work.

i'd love to see 40k version of initial d with khan as Main character

How many times do people have to be told not to skip leg day?

Veeky Forums needs new alternate heresy

If you do something as dumb as putting the cartoony arms of GW on something that at least tries to stay within human proportion people will comment on it.

How the fuck do you sculpt something like this from greenstuff? HOW?

I figured I could just take Cadian models and replace the heads with a third party stalhelm(or whatever the german WWII helmet is called) and paint them in Dutch Napoleonic colors along with the typical grey. SO very lazy and unoriginal yes.

i want to have my own living saint waifu

Does anybody else here have an army they just set up on their desk/table/shelf to admire/collect dust? My Tau army is really coming along nicely... I think I’ve played 1 or 2 games with it ever

>>Their higher ballistic skill means you probably want stuff like rokkit launchas on them
I think the Killa Kans kit comes with a single rokkit launcha only

true but its super easy to convert that

Holy shit that looks bad.

even thou i hate girlyman and all chadmarines stuff i love this picture

>Brother Demitrius, get in the Titan

>be you
>see any eldar list with Ynnari
>REEEEEEEEE

And I want my own inquisicute.

The front is a cast taken from Sammael's bike, the rear is a cast taken from the engines of a Pallas speeder.

I think I did okay for my first time casting, but it's not quite up to par with the originals I'm copying from.

very carefully

>Hating girlyman in 40k
>Not posting the full picture with quote
Don't be a pleb user

>I think the Killa Kans kit comes with a single rokkit launcha only

Then you just take a big shoota, cut off half the barrel and glue a rocket at the end of it. That's what everyone does.

>arched back
>tits out

How do you make your casts? You're very talented.

girlyman is responsible for heresy because he wanted imperial throne for himself

>How mecha-orks are doing? Also what mek gun are you running?
Haven't had a chance to play them yet, waiting until they're painted (which will be a while). Took the Kustom Mega Kannon, figured it was the most consistent damage wise though the Bubblechukka was sorely tempting.

>be me
>see any eldar at all
>immediately cum with great ferocity
>no longer allowed back in the store

>girlyman
>chadmarines
its not 2017 anymore user

That's just wrong user.

would she be a good inquisitor

Girlyman and Cawl will make this Imperium great again.

They're basically the original Pretty Cure.

He is right tho. Robot and Bananas are the last reasonable men around

the question is what the codex will do to the mek gunz. since only the kustom mega kannon is good i bet they will do something

And everyone who disagrees is a sheep/a shill/in on the conspiracy/drank the cool aid/bluepilled