Would you play in a game where all of the PCs are clones?

Would you play in a game where all of the PCs are clones?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v-_fbJh5H48
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Friend Computer tells me that I should! I support democracy and Friend Computer, so I will play in a game where all of the PCs are clones!

Paranoia

I'm a soldier like you, this is what I was bred for!

First post is best post.

You seem like an happy man, citizen, I hope no communist ever cross your path

Can they be different personality-wise? Perhaps a nature vs nurture dynamic?

Yes, especially if there are minor differences due to genetic tinkering or training. Tabletop Republic Commando would be godly.

A tabletop RPG version of Republic Commando would be kickass.

Better question is would you let yourselves get phased out?

Come to think of it, is there a tabletop RPG for Star Wars set during the clone wars era?

You can check the star wars threads, I think those are persistent. If not there are generic systems

Totally. They were the only part of the prequels I ever liked and Republic Commando was great fun.

yeas and no.

the old saga and d20 had about a wookie-and-a-half's worth of splat books for all sorts of clone wars stuff. clones and droids, jedi, battles, starships, classes and subclasses, item stats, all sorts of neat shit. it had almost too much stuff and the game sort of struggles to stand under the weight of the 10-12 splat books, plus additional supplements.

that being said, if you thought 3.5 d&d was rule lawyer hell, then you wont like saga d20 starwars.

currently the new ffg starwars rpg is almost exclusivley OT era for episode 4 and beyond. it lacks clonewars things, but homebrew as always is to the rescue.

come check out the starwars general /swg/ if you want. the OP info has a lot of usefull things, but try to avoid the impfag/rebfag shitposting.

Ok, if I was just going to use a homebrew for them, is there some specific SW TTRPG that is considered to be the best system to look for homebrews for?

youtube.com/watch?v=v-_fbJh5H48

Those mooks are perfect for COMPNOR troopers.

meant for

well once again, that is a matter of opinion.

overall, i think the Fantasy Flight System is a great addition the the starwars brand, and as a game is very easy to learn and run, and makes for quick and decisive gameplay focused on story and player choices.

that being said trying to create things that function mechanically can be about as hard as my dick at a female swim-meet. it is very easy to build something thematic that then dies like a bitch or completley destroys your players.

the other side of that curve is the saga system. like the d20 base of any game, the math and splat books are very consistent. you may spend hours on a single combat encounter, but by god you know exactly what you did, and can prove it mathmatically. building on templates gives you a hell of a lot of precision, but can slow down the game to something behind a dead-stop.

I would play in, have played in and have run games where all the PCs are clones.

find a starwars nerd gm and ask.

Sure.
Imagine a game set in a futuristic trans-humanist society.
Everyone is a clone. There are a few templates engineered for hundreds of years to be the most healthy, peak performance human beings possible. Besides the genetic engineering, memetic engineering is also prevalent. Basic mental patterns, memories and experiences have been selected through the many generations and a few base ones were selected to be the base of society.

People are fabricated rather than born based on the genetic templates, they come out of the factory already grown up and then have a memory template implanted on their brains. From then on they are their own individual within the limits that are allowed by the regime.

The PCs can be a group of specific types of clones, soldiers, investigators or construction workers maybe, that sent to do a specific task, maybe find out some nefarious secret about the totally not dystopian system, or even a batch of defective clones that are fighting to regime.