Why don’t gunfags just play a setting with guns and let us enjoy not having guns?

Why don’t gunfags just play a setting with guns and let us enjoy not having guns?

Because they want to have revolvers or better in a setting that would at least have matchlocks, while the GM and other players are trying to recapture the feelings of LOTR's pseudo-medieval recreation of Anglo-Saxon and Scandanavian mythos where the world is big and scary, not realizing that he was jerking off to his own language creations instead of trying to write books. Also they want plate and zweihanders, not realizing that matchlocks coexisted with those.

I do all of these things, but at least I realize that.

>positive forums and chans

I do not believe those things exist on the internet.

This.

you're implying anyone on this board plays games in the first place

Play in setting clearly set in the early/high medieval instead of late.

are guns really that big of an issue, in some medieval fantasy settings were there are wizards that shots fire of their fingertips or whatever is really a guy with a revolver so terrible overpowerfull?especially if it just have the same stats as a heavy crosbow or even less

>implying anyone on Veeky Forums actually plays anything

These gun threads have nothing to do with people actually playing games and everything to do with shitposting.

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and post things to get a reaction?

Shut the fuck up, paid poster.

>while the GM and other players are trying to recapture the feelings of LOTR's pseudo-medieval recreation of Anglo-Saxon and Scandanavian mythos
Speak for yourself, bub.

>Why don’t gunfags just play a setting with guns and let us enjoy not having guns?
Because system is just a car and what suposedluy m,atter is the ride

>Anachronisms cannot exist
You realize settings that aren't earth would develop differently right?

I'm the exact type of person I talked about in the post. I love anachronistic plate, potatoes, and no firearms.
Yeah I do. I'm one of those "fuck off, no guns" types.

>not realizing that he was jerking off to his own language creations instead of trying to write books

You're a fuckwit and a brainlet

We did, and it was called Cyberpunk 2020 and it was good.
And then you knife eared, magic using spergs insisted on invading our setting so then Cyberpunk 2020 died to make room for the godless hyper faggotry called Shadowrun.

But there's nothing better than chainmail in LOTR suggesting early medieval, high at most.

Orcs have firearms and the Numenoreans had them too.

That's true. People want to recapture the feel of LOTR without using its tech level. Also some pretty heavy armor used by elves and orcs, at least in the films. Not quite full plate suits, of course.
Did they really? I don't doubt it but that's news to me.

man tolkien's world had spaceships, i dont think firearms are that much of a stretch

I think he originally intended the Numenoreans to be steampunk.

As for orcs/goblins, they are already industrialized morlocks and it is claimed that they will invent modern warmachines.

Yeah but that's an rpg written by a literal cock cannibal so I don't think it's a good example of "game" it's more male pregnancy and castration fetish shit

Now goblins are cruel, wicked, and bad-hearted. They make no beautiful things, but they make many clever ones. They can tunnel and mine as well as any but the most skilled dwarves, when they take the trouble, though they are usually untidy and dirty. Hammers, axes, swords, daggers, pickaxes, tongs, and also instruments of torture, they make very well, or get other people to make to their design, prisoners and slaves that have to work till they die for want of air and light. It is not unlikely that they invented some of the machines that have since troubled the world, especially the ingenious devices for killing large numbers of people at once, for wheels and engines and explosions always delighted them, and also not working with their own hands more than they could help; but in those days and those wild parts they had not advanced (as it is called) so far.

anything industrial is clearly the orcs, numenoreans are age of sail

‘Isengard began to fill up with black creeping streams and pools. They glittered in the last light of the Moon, as they spread over the plain. Every now and then the waters found their way down into some shaft or spouthole. Great white steams hissed up. Smoke rose in billows. There were explosions and gusts of fire. One great coil of vapour went whirling up, twisting round and round Orthanc, until it looked like a tall peak of cloud, fiery underneath and moonlit above. And still more water poured in, until at last Isengard looked like a huge flat saucepan, all steaming and bubbling.’

...At first [Sauron] revealed only secrets of craft, and taught the making of many things powerful and wonderful; and they seemed good. Our ships go now without the wind, and many are made of metal that sheareth hidden rocks, and they sink not in calm or storm; but they are no longer fair to look upon. Our towers grow ever stronger and climb ever higher, but beauty they leave behind upon earth. We who have no foes are embattled with impregnable fortresses - and mostly on the West. Our arms are multiplied as if for an agelong war, and men are ceasing to give love or care to the making of other things for use or delight. But our shields are impenetrable, our swords cannot be withstood, our darts are like thunder and pass over leagues unerring.